• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

HAL 9000

Quote from: Bosco on August 31, 2011, 10:36:57 PM
I just noticed that...still laughing.

I still feel a bit "creeped out" whenever I scroll by one of my posts - that avatar gives me the "willies."

But like the Holocaust, I have it (for now) so that "we never forget." ;)

Morgus

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 31, 2011, 10:42:14 PM
I still feel a bit "creeped out" whenever I scroll by one of my posts - that avatar gives me the "willies."

But like the Holocaust, I have it (for now) so that "we never forget." ;)

you should modify the picture to show some red circles over it,  like a dart board :D

GSD

Quote from: Morgus on September 01, 2011, 12:23:07 AM
you should modify the picture to show some red circles over it,  like a dart board :D

I like Knapp, I think he's the perfect replacement for Snoory. I wish they would boot George and sign Knapp. We would probably hear a lot more from Bob Lazar, which could be entertaining. I would love it if Lazar came up with a propulsion system, using Snoory's diarrhea of the mouth, to propel us into space. He could leverage years of recordings to accomplish the task.

Give me Knapp over Snoory and Poonit...

Morgus

unfortunately Knapp has said many times before that he can't do a fulltime radio gig, since he already has his fulltime Las Vegas TV reporter/investigator job which he loves the most.
the most he can handle is a few weekend nights a month he says.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on September 03, 2011, 01:55:27 PM
unfortunately Knapp has said many times before that he can't do a fulltime radio gig, since he already has his fulltime Las Vegas TV reporter/investigator job which he loves the most.
the most he can handle is a few weekend nights a month he says.
VERY unfortunate.  I just started reading Einsteins book on relativity yesterday night and was going to try to decipher a few more pages tonight (he kind of dumbs down his theories for us who are not... well... Einsteins...)  Now Knapp is interviewing Dr. Kaiser, Dr. Sarfatti and Dr. Wolf on physics.  I can't believe it, but I am going to stay up and listen to the radio instead of reading in bed.

Can anybody imagine Noory with this interview?  "So... computers... can you imagine how they would have changed things?  If they existed in the 60's that they would have been of some use in your field?"  Knapp just puts that idiot to shame when he can keep up with intelligent authors (and three physicists) during an interview... and so far I love his choice in bumper music; very fitting.

Why can't we have him on a regular basis and bump Noory to the occasional Sunday?  Tonight almost makes me excited... something that C2C just does not do on a regular basis. Perhaps it has something to do with the host?

Tara

I listened to the first hour of Knapp, will listen to the remaining hours later today.  There was no way that Noory could have done a good interview with these guests; it would have been a waste of their intelligence.  Noory would have told them that he doesn't believe in the "big bang" theory, without any scientific evidence to back him up.  He "feels" it.
     Whenever I listen to Knapp I like to pay attention to his vocabulary and realize that there's no way in Hades that Noory could ever use those words, much less understand them.  I like Knapp's use of the word cacophony. 

I too only got the first hour in, I'll listen later to the rest. I hop they in the gory confusing detail. I love doing that to my mind. As for Noory? He'd ask them 'so what got you interested in this stuff' and go to callers who claim they saw lights outside of their trailer.

fysisist

As opposed to Noory, Knapp has been and is a professional journalist with a genuine interest in his work.  Noory's only interest is popping turmeric pills and hopping back and fourth between L.A. and St Louis in first class on the company's dime while dreaming of more ways to fatten his wallet, as far as I can tell from listening to his shows at least.

M Knight

Quote from: fysisist on September 19, 2011, 11:58:27 AM
As opposed to Noory, Knapp has been and is a professional journalist with a genuine interest in his work.  Noory's only interest is popping turmeric pills and hopping back and fourth between L.A. and St Louis in first class on the company's dime while dreaming of more ways to fatten his wallet, as far as I can tell from listening to his shows at least.

Someday I hope a C2C "insider" with nothing to lose comes out and tells it like it is.  This is bound to happen eventually.

fabucat

Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2011, 06:34:55 AM
     I listened to the first hour of Knapp, will listen to the remaining hours later today.  There was no way that Noory could have done a good interview with these guests; it would have been a waste of their intelligence.  Noory would have told them that he doesn't believe in the "big bang" theory, without any scientific evidence to back him up.  He "feels" it.
     Whenever I listen to Knapp I like to pay attention to his vocabulary and realize that there's no way in Hades that Noory could ever use those words, much less understand them.  I like Knapp's use of the word cacophony. 

Damn I went to sleep with Knapp...Today I was trying to remember what it was about....now I'm going to have to have to scrounge for it...I gave up on StreamPissLink in January and I'm glad that I did....

Scully

Quote from: M Knight on September 19, 2011, 12:05:05 PM

Someday I hope a C2C "insider" with nothing to lose comes out and tells it like it is.  This is bound to happen eventually.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall at one of those staff meetings? I'll bet Noory bounces Tahm-my around like a rubber ball.   

b_dubb

Knapp put on a solid show - sun 9/18.  the UFO researcher was a little flaky but ... well ... aren't they all?

Falkie2013

Quote from: danDNA on August 26, 2008, 12:43:43 PM
GN gets it in literally every post, i feel a bit bad for him sometimes, like when im listening to him i sometimes think 'why have i become so aware of his ineptitude?' and then i remember, its all down to this site. damn you and thank you all.

I am wondering something. Do you really think George Noory reads any of this stuff and if so so do you think he pays attention to any of it ?

I and my fellow listeners can rant and rail against him all we want but I am wondering if we're just ( excuse the analogy ) pissing in the wind on this.

It reminds me of how much Mac owners complain about what Apple does when they come out with a new Mac/Iphone/Ipad/Ipod/OS. Apple ( or at least until recently, Jobs, ) doesn't seem to CARE what the end users want nor do they seem to care about complaints as well unless there are bugs in their software. They design things for what they think the users need and not necessarily what the users WANT.

I suspect that Noory doesn't read any criticism of himself or his style, technique etc. of running Coast or he'd modify his behavior.

I could be wrong about this, but it's my gut feeling after having dealt with Apple for years as an Apple ][, ][e, ][c,][GS, and Mac owner. I still use my Apples to play games and as a backup so I can do my checkbook if my Macs die, which happens after they get ole.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 23, 2011, 04:10:06 AM
I am wondering something. Do you really think George Noory reads any of this stuff and if so so do you think he pays attention to any of it ?

Oh, he reads the criticism, or at least hears about it from Tommy. 

But GN takes criticism personally, isn't open to taking constructive advice, which is why comments about him have devolved into comic caricature.

His mind is closed to all but the positive strokes.  Those of us disappointed with his performance are simply dismissed as "haters" and put out of his mind. 

At least Apple assesses and makes changes based on some criteria, albeit not user input.  Noory will just sink in mediocrity, a puppet of Premiere. 

Tara

I don't know if Noory reads this forum but I wish that some of our complaints would also be emailed to either Tommy or Lisa, in addition to Noory.  Whenever I  have a really specific bitch about the show I make sure I tell C2C about it, I don't just post on Coastgab.  No it doesn't do any good, but I won't give them the satisfaction of believing that they're really doing a great job.  Example: when Noory tells a blatant lie, I let them know, like when he once said he had the #2 radio show. 

rolindos

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 23, 2011, 06:57:19 AM
Oh, he reads the criticism, or at least hears about it from Tommy. 

But GN takes criticism personally, isn't open to taking constructive advice, which is why comments about him have devolved into comic caricature.

His mind is closed to all but the positive strokes.  Those of us disappointed with his performance are simply dismissed as "haters" and put out of his mind. 

At least Apple assesses and makes changes based on some criteria, albeit not user input.  Noory will just sink in mediocrity, a puppet of Premiere.

Noory will quickly be forgotten once he finally leaves..or is booted, which seems unlikely

b_dubb

has  anyone read one of 'his' books?  i can't imagine him writing anything more than a sentence at a time

Quote from: Tara on September 23, 2011, 07:53:38 AM
I don't know if Noory reads this forum but I wish that some of our complaints would also be emailed to either Tommy or Lisa, in addition to Noory.  Whenever I  have a really specific bitch about the show I make sure I tell C2C about it, I don't just post on Coastgab.  No it doesn't do any good, but I won't give them the satisfaction of believing that they're really doing a great job.  Example: when Noory tells a blatant lie, I let them know, like when he once said he had the #2 radio show.

His ego demands it - he talks about 'thuh haters out there' so often, I'd say he's fairly obcessed.  He even comes up with scenarios - we live in mud huts, we live in basements, we steal our neighbors electricity.  There have been numerous times when I heard him start talking out of the blue about some topic he almost had to have just seen posted on one of these forums, other times when he stopped doing something that was pointed out. 

One example is he used to come on and talk about how mystified he was that people accused him of interrupting his guests, and proclaiming he never did or would.  After that there started to be posters describing and documenting his interruptions in detail, and he stopped claiming he didn't do it - although he didn't stop with the constant interruptions (I guess George is happy to jump in with pointless comments and knock the guests off their train of thought, but he doesn't want anyone to think he would ever butt in to contradict a guest).

If George were ever at all interested in improving, forums like these provide honest unvarnished feedback from listeners and former listeners that he could never get anywhere else.  Too bad he's too dumb and lazy to take advantage of it.

Part of the fun is knowing George reads it.  George - you suck.

Yet again another Standup show from a standup guy.. Knapp's 9/26/11 show with Raymond Moody was very listenable. I wonder if Knapp has different call screeners? The open lines are 'so much more bearable than noory open line freak shows

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 26, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
The open lines are 'so much more bearable than noory open line freak shows

I think a lot of that is guest-based.  Knapp would NEVER have a guy on who says he can CURE cancer and who urges people to STOP chemo! 
Actually, I'd like to hear how GK would handle that asshole.  I do believe he would put him soundly in his place.    8)

stevesh

Quote from: Tara on September 23, 2011, 07:53:38 AM
I don't know if Noory reads this forum ...

I doubt if Noory reads it - he doesn't seem to read much of anything else. Maybe we need to produce 'Coastgab - The Movie'.

I have little doubt though, that there's someone at Premier part of whose job it is to monitor what's said about their programs on the Web and elsewhere, so we may be able to make a difference eventually.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 26, 2011, 05:32:21 AMI wonder if Knapp has different call screeners? The open lines are 'so much more bearable than noory open line freak shows
Knapp mentioned at the end of the show last night that his regular call screener was off last night since it was her birthday. So he had substitute call screeners.
Some of Noory's regular callers like that Cornelius guy called in though...

CoastCanuck

George is a pleasure to listen to.  I like his disc jockey attempts when he explains the bumper music, and his introduction about being in the right place at the right time.  If I was living in Las Vegas, I'd watch his channel just to see his reports.

Scully

Quote from: stevesh on September 26, 2011, 10:43:39 AM
I doubt if Noory reads it - he doesn't seem to read much of anything else. Maybe we need to produce 'Coastgab - The Movie'.

I have little doubt though, that there's someone at Premier part of whose job it is to monitor what's said about their programs on the Web and elsewhere, so we may be able to make a difference eventually.

My thoughts exactly, stevesh.  I cannot imagine Noory having the discipline to do anything as tedious as reading a nursery rhyme, much things lots and lots of coherent thoughts -- especially not thoughts that explain what's wrong with him.

It does seem likely, though, that there would be a monitor just as you suggest.  There are times when I'd swear someone has been reading what we write and trying to straighten out some of Noory's ineptitude.  I just don't think he deserves credit for helping himself out of a mud puddle or anything else.  ::)

Scully

For me, the show last night was a triple winner -- good host, good guest, good topic.  ;D

Can't ask for more than that ... so I won't -- EXCEPT to ask what was that wierd sound that ran all through Dr. Moody's part of the program?  Sounded like someone sucking on a straw in an ice-filled cup and like the ice itself rattling.  It couldn't have been Dr. Moody doing the sucking noise since he was always talking when it happened.  Do you suppose Knapp was drinking a Diet Pepsi???   :P

b_dubb

Quote from: taraI don't know if Noory reads this forum ...
i just assumed when you posted this that it was meant as a joke.  noory?  READ? 

HA HA

good stuff.  keep it coming

redgiant

I LIKE George Knapp-he reminds me of OLD radio-he's his own man. I am not always thrilled with the topics (limited)-but what he does, George Knapp does really well. He's a touch of the mystery theatre/ the "Shadow Know's" mixed with the reporters I listened to as a kid on CBC and American shows coming out of border States. Intense, knowledgeable, factual, "trustworthy"...yeah,I know, its just Coast..

Plus... periodically, awesome music choices for bumper music. Its as close to the original show, I can get.

C2C going hardcore on book promotion--they even have Knapp interviewing Rosemary on Sunday. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 'co-author' called in from the Gateway to the West.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 14, 2011, 05:40:28 AM
C2C going hardcore on book promotion--they even have Knapp interviewing Rosemary on Sunday. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 'co-author' called in from the Gateway to the West.
You just did Ed Dames proud with your remote viewing.  Was it the DVD's?  George Noory will be making a cameo appearance on Sunday night.  Stay tuned for this one!     

I guess Dames taught me well then..