• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:01:32 AM
I believe I'm becoming lactose intolerant as I age.  Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Dunno.  It can be fixed.  2 parts whole milk to 1 part Fox's.  Three times daily for 90 days.
Side effects may include a Senda sized neck, facial ulterations and a restraining order.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 07, 2019, 12:46:07 AM
So you think if they ate meat they would rise up against their government? Does their government eat meat?

I said nothing about meat eating.  I'm talking about soy consumption.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 07, 2019, 05:04:01 AM
I'm not sure what point you were trying to make...

If you don't know what you're talking about then shut the fuck up, you useless shitbag. Never question my posting motives again. I hope you're good-looking because nobody would want you for your brains.

When you fell to Earth you must have landed on your mongoloid head.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:07:09 AM
One thing is for sure... I'm not touching that soy shit.  I want to keep my benis.

You probably wouldn’t lose your penis but you might develop a rack that would rival Art Bell’s.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 07, 2019, 05:56:27 PM
You probably wouldn’t lose your penis but you might develop a rack that would rival Art Bell’s.  ;)
Ha!  That wouldn't be good.  Liberace can't have anything impeding his view of the keyboard.

Jojo

Quote from: Dhea on April 28, 2019, 05:28:38 PM
I too is shoced  and shook 

He's got some mouth, considering his skin is the color of mold.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:32:42 AM
That's because all of that soy has made their men subservient to oppressive government power.  They have no spirit.  You can build quite the economic powerhouse when 700 million men all shut the fuck up and do what they're told.
That is an interesting point.  They are still aggressive, though, when they turn on their own.

I'm not sure about adult onset lactose intolerance but... milk originates with lactase in it - it is pasteurization that removes the lactase enzyme (which helps us digest the milk).  Also, acidophilus can help with milk digestion in a pinch.  The liquid that forms on top of yogurt and sour cream is the acidophilus, so you could pour in into the milk and shake.

I have heard that if you don't eat or drink a certain substance for years, your body loses the enzymes to digest it.  Vegetarians who may end up in nursing homes where food choices could be limited might want to have meat once in a while just to keep the necessary enzymes in their constitution.

pate

Quote from: 14 on May 08, 2019, 07:45:00 PM
That is an interesting point.,.\...\-\).,.,..  Vegetarians who may end up in nursing homes where food choices could be limited might want to have meat once in a while just to keep the necessary enzymes in their constitution.

I woneder what hapeens to these Vegetable-Aryans that are turdly glulten intolerant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlEovr29KBU

Does soy-milk have that "mouth-fell" or Unamia that ... Nautical Shore.

K_Dubb

Quote from: pate on May 09, 2019, 12:08:46 AM
Does soy-milk have that "mouth-fell" or Unamia that ... Nautical Shore.

No umami to speak of.  However miso paste (a fermented soy product) does.  On its own it tastes like barf but there is a dressing they make out of it that makes even a stupid little salad of iceberg lettuce and carrots and red cabbage taste wonderful and makes me forget all about my incipient bosom.

Here is a thing that annoys me -- please forgive the misfiling -- but why must we import the word "umami" when savory or meaty work just as well?  It is the same thing with tidal waves which are now tsunamis.  Sure they have nothing to do with tides but they sure look like them coming in, so it is descriptive rather than diagnostic.  And "tsunami" means harbor wave, I think, and, while they are amplified by bays and river mouths, they do strike unprotected coastlines, too, so the Japanese term is no more accurate.  It seems to me that in both cases the appeal of the words lies not in their accuracy but in their foreign obscurity so the pedants who employ them have something to explain to their ignorant audience.

pate

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 09, 2019, 12:32:30 AM
No umami to speak of.  However miso paste (a fermented soy product) does.  On its own it tastes like barf but there is a dressing they make out of it that makes even a stupid little salad of iceberg lettuce and carrots and red cabbage taste wonderful and makes me forget all about my incipient bosom.

Yeah, I once made that miso dressing (of a sort) at some gay-vegan place I worked at many years ago.  I honestly don't recall the recipe.  Guess it was rice wine vinegar and that miso crap.  By the thyme I left, the vegan plaice was serving free-range bison burgers and some other shit.  The "executive chef" was an accountant (for the restaurant), and a horrible whiskey drunk (worse than myself).

Hah.  The place is still open, I often wonder if tit is the same set of owners/lesbians...

The "community garden" arcross the street wher e I used to get fresh thyme and other stuff doesn't seem to be well tended anymore.  I guess they either abonoded the "local" thing or somothing.  Hah.

Up the street half a block is a "new" hipster douche eatery with the moniker of "Local Kinchen Union" or somesuch.  My town cracks me up somethymes..

Vegans with shell-fish and strawberry allergies don't bother me.  But the ones that can't eat bread (aka gluten-free), I always had an urge to kill.  But not with gluten, as it would take too long.,.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 14 on May 08, 2019, 07:45:00 PM
...milk originates with lactase in it - it is pasteurization that removes the lactase enzyme (which helps us digest the milk).

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on April 28, 2019, 05:21:56 PM
The N word?  Seriously?
Surprising.  I'm used to the "N" word being "Nazi" on this board...  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 09, 2019, 12:32:30 AM

heh heh

Quote from: Liberace! on May 09, 2019, 09:28:26 PM
heh heh

Any ETA on the finished 'Desert Heat' chief? Been listening to the unfinished mix you posted, really digging it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 10, 2019, 02:58:13 AM
Any ETA on the finished 'Desert Heat' chief? Been listening to the unfinished mix you posted, really digging it.

Honestly, I simply keep forgetting to work on it. Maybe I'll go ahead and take care of that this weekend.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Liberace! on May 11, 2019, 01:01:51 PM
Honestly, I simply keep forgetting to work on it. Maybe I'll go ahead and take care of that this weekend.

One thing...That's all, ONE THING!!!! You just can't get the staff these days, and when you do they leave.

Praise MV.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 10, 2019, 02:58:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJCe8IYLNck

During the night
a little grimy club is doing it right
Heather Wade
She's gonna dance and then get paid

The money is sweet
she takes a while to rest her feet
befuddled downright
she hears her father on the air every night

she's on the phone and can't get through
email will do
and by September they talk it through

he's gonna do his show on a stream
his tenure is brief
she takes his place in the desert heat

Desert heat
desert heat

During the night
and Heather Wade
is gonna dance and then get paid

Desert heat
desert heat

The money is sweet
his tenure is brief
give up, give up

she's gonna dance and then get paid

Desert heat
desert heat
desert heat
desert heat

(MP3 attached for higher quality audio)

K_Dubb

That sneaky transition to "2015/She's gonna dance and then get paid" really condenses hundreds of pages of critical analysis of her attitude and style and motivation in a neat, subtle way.  This is a beautiful, moody masterpiece with great characterization and narrative arc.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 13, 2019, 07:57:56 AM
That sneaky transition to "2015/She's gonna dance and then get paid" really condenses hundreds of pages of critical analysis of her attitude and style and motivation in a neat, subtle way.  This is a beautiful, moody masterpiece with great characterization and narrative arc.

And from BellGab's poet laureate, no less! I'll take that. Thanks.

SredniVashtar

:(
Quote from: K_Dubb on May 13, 2019, 07:57:56 AM

Sounds like you'll be needing this:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/250942470

He's Liberace not Elton John, and you're certainly not Bernie Taupin. What a disgraceful display of crawling, just to try and score yourself a collaboration.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 13, 2019, 11:43:47 AM
:(
Sounds like you'll be needing this:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/250942470

He's Liberace not Elton John, and you're certainly not Bernie Taupin. What a disgraceful display of crawling, just to try and score yourself a collaboration.

I was really angling for a poncho.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Liberace! on May 13, 2019, 02:18:29 PM
Send your address!

Actually can you send it to Shreddy?  It will lend an exotic, ethnic air to the Queen's garden party.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 13, 2019, 02:39:45 PM
Actually can you send it to Shreddy?  It will lend an exotic, ethnic air to the Queen's garden party.

The poncho will go very nicely with the horned helmet I like to wear when grocery shopping.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 13, 2019, 02:44:38 PM
The poncho will go very nicely with the horned helmet I like to wear when grocery shopping.

Stop appropriating my culture you beast.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 13, 2019, 02:44:38 PM

You guys have Walmarts there too? ???

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on May 13, 2019, 03:01:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJCe8IYLNck

During the night
Heather Wade
She's gonna dance and then get paid

The money is sweet
she takes a while to rest her feet
befuddled downright
she hears her father on the air every night

she's on the phone and can't get through
email will do
and by September they talk it through

he's gonna do his show on a stream
his tenure is brief
she takes his place in the desert heat

Desert heat
desert heat

During the night
and Heather Wade
is gonna dance and then get paid

Desert heat
desert heat

The money is sweet
his tenure is brief
give up, give up

she's gonna dance and then get paid

Desert heat
desert heat
desert heat
desert heat

(MP3 attached for higher quality audio)
Amazing. Praise MV Liberace!  Pretty soon there will be enough parody songs to fill an album. And it would be a concept album considering the storyline, cuckshed, and personalities involved.

ItsOver

Ha!  Beautiful!  Praise Liberace!