• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What Would George Do If...(hilarious exchange)

Started by morphiaflow, November 05, 2011, 03:58:00 PM

morphiaflow

What would George do if he wasn't hosting Coast to Coast AM?

This actually came up on the show last night during the 10 minutes I listened on the way home from "Harold & Kumar 3d Christmas" (an absolute instant classic btw, you MUST see it, AND in 3D--and I'm NOT a fan of 3D!)

Dave from Wisconsin asked (via producer Tom D. making an on-air appearance)..."I always wanted ask you what you'd be doing for a living if you weren't a talk show host."

George: Ah, I've said publicly that I probably would want to run for political office. I just have always wanted to get into office and try to deliver the truth to people. Like we do on this radio show. But I think a refreshing politician who simply tells people the way it is, lays it out there, and then tries to implement policy that helps people. That's what I would do.

Tom: Ya know, I was thinking about this, and for some reason I see you as a chef or an insurance salesman.

George (pause, stunned, sarcastic): Thanks!

Tom: What's wrong with that?

George: (stutters) I've gone from a talk show host to a CHEF?

Tom: Well, you're supposed to be thinking about if you WEREN'T a talk show host.

George: I see YOU as a shoe salesman.

Tom (laughs): See you later.

George: Nothing wrong with selling shoes, I did that through college.

If you get a chance to actually listen it's about at the 29 and a half minute mark of the 3rd hour. You can actually hear that George was offended/pissed/annoyed at Tom's suggestions. It was very amusing.

So, there's fodder for those who are convinced George wants to mount a presidential run someday.

Personally I think Tom's right on with the insurance salesman thing. I don't know if I'd eat anything prepared for me by Chef George N.

The General

This video from a parallel dimension proves what George would be doing if not hosting C2C... 
Carmelo - Maestro pizzaiolo di Soverato - 1p

Frys Girl

If George Noory were an animal, he'd be a malaria carrying mosquito. Still sucking in insect form.

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 05, 2011, 03:58:00 PM
What would George do if he wasn't hosting Coast to Coast AM?...

Oh sure, tangle tongued, confused, off-beat, creepy George Noory would be just the candidate everyone wishes would run. 

Remember when he said he was 'gonna work on muh knuckleball an' try out for thuh St Louis Cardinals'?  He was about 54 or 55 when he laid that one out there.  Texas Ranger fans everywhere wish that had happened.

Me, I see George making shit sandwiches for the crew on the sets of really bad TV sitcoms.

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 05, 2011, 04:26:12 PM
If George Noory were an animal, he'd be a malaria carrying mosquito. Still sucking in insect form.

Heh, maybe more of a tick - mosquitoes leave sooner or later

morphiaflow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 05, 2011, 04:32:15 PM
Me, I see George making shit sandwiches for the crew on the sets of really bad TV sitcoms.

Haha. George Noory's "Crap Services".

BobGrau

note that noory takes offence at being called a chef (service class??? how dare you) whereas most decent people would take a dim view of insurance salesmen.

...apologies to any insurance salesmen out there, and to be fair I've worked with a lot of chefs who were assholes too.

Morgus

Noory should have done us all a favor and stayed with his original profession: shoe salesman. Like Al Bundy...  ;D

QuoteWhat would George do if he wasn't hosting Coast to Coast AM?

Wait...I got it. I'm not even having to use cojones or oracles.

George Noory would be serving his duties as Shithouse Attendant at Detroit Tigers' baseball stadium.
Then he wouldn't have to skip out of work to watch 'thuh game.

11angeleyes11

I like chef.  My mother told me about a commercial once for spaghetti.  It went "OO spaghetti o's." 

So, carrying on the tradition, "OO it's Noorio", for Chef Noorio.

Seriously, I think George would make an excellent leading man or television talk show host.

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 05, 2011, 04:26:12 PM

Perfect.  That's why I feel so tired if I tune in and listen anymore....!   ;D

Frys Girl

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on November 05, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Seriously, I think George would make an excellent leading man or television talk show host.
Not likely! We saw him on that sci-fi network infomercial. It was cancelled after a week.

punkinpie

Beyond a shadow of a doubt he would own a seedy strip club.  He could leer at young girls all day.  His biggest stress would come from trying to keep the glitter out of the mashed potatoes in the buffet.

I think with the lack of his health food, this:

morphiaflow

Can someone get this man a mint? It's wafer-thin....

That exchange is why George and Tooooommy are radio gold.

morphiaflow

You might be on to something. What if they were to just recast the show as a two-man comedy act with George as the "straight man" and Tommy as the wiseass? The joke would be how George just doesn't get it. It wouldn't be all that different from what they're doing now, but it'd be more honest--and even funnier, since everyone but George would get the joke.

YNOT

Seems to me, Tom thinks George is an Asshat and likes to fuck with him. George is probably too ig'nant to get it.

Interestingly, Tom doesn't appear to have Snoory on his FB friends list.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1547311198

morphiaflow

Yeah, but does Snoory have an official personal profile?

Falkie2013

ROFL. ROFL. ROFL.

I'm unfortunately suffering from a sinus infection and I was laughing so hard from this stuff that I started choking. You guys are killing me and are too cruel.

Let's see. Jobs for Snory ...

A new infomercial where Snory sells a new anti-insomnia drug but never gets anyone to buy it because the viewers all fall asleep listening to him.

Snory opens up a Godfather's pizza place and sells freeze dried pizza.

Goes to an Ivy League college and teaches a course on how to interview people and the students all walk out 1/2 way through his first lecture.

Does a guest appearance on the commercial of the world's most interesting man, but Snoory appears as the world's most boring man.

A new poll comes out and Snorry polls lower than watching paint dry.

Snory could get a tv job and be one of those man on the street reporters only to see people cross the street to avoid him.

Turkey sexer, because Snory has had so many turkeys on as guests.

Writes a new book, Dare to be Boring.

george

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 09, 2011, 05:33:59 AM
ROFL. ROFL. ROFL.

I'm unfortunately suffering from a sinus infection and I was laughing so hard from this stuff that I started choking. You guys are killing me and are too cruel.

Let's see. Jobs for Snory ...

Does a guest appearance on the commercial of the world's most interesting man, but Snoory appears as the world's most boring man.

Found this at another site...

morphiaflow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 09, 2011, 12:58:03 PM

Found this at another site...

THAT...is PURE...COMIC...GOLD. Genius!

Too bad only a small number of people would get it...

We should riff on all the other things they say in the commercials...

"When he goes hunting, the neighborhood dogs hide."
"He's irresistible to crazy old cat ladies."

Any others?

Scully

When he phones his mother, she puts him on hold.  :D

MV/Liberace!

If George weren't hosting c2c, he'd be wiping asses in a Michigan nursing home.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk