• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

fabucat

I think of Hoaxland as a cheerful huckster.  I can't get too exercised about him.  I suppose more responsible operations would've banned him by now.  Doubtlessly there are thousands of people who swallow his lies.  Then again, they are the same people who don't believe Obama's AND Marco Rubio's birth certificates. 

Sure he's a liar, but at least he isn't saying that baking soda cures cancer, or really DANGEROUS shit.

Sardondi

Quote from: chosenbygrace on April 30, 2012, 12:24:48 PM
As someone who's studied narcissism, psychopath and sociopathy, I can say with assurance that he has narcissism disorder light. Listen carefully to the Coast show where he was on with Zubrin. Signs of narcissism:...

That's a pretty damning analysis. One thing I've noticed about Hoagland is his insatiable hunger for flattery - he simply preens at being brown nosed by George. What an absolutely disgusting man.

Tara

Chosenbygrace:  Fascinating post about Alex Jones; he's much worse than I thought, thoroughly insane and paranoid.  He does do a good chimp impression, however. 

Art had the integrity not to have this guy on, but Noory would do anything for a buck.

I'd like to know your opinion on the psychopathology of the great Mr. Noory?

expat

Quote from: fabucat on April 30, 2012, 09:13:37 PM
Sure he's a liar, but at least he isn't saying that baking soda cures cancer, or really DANGEROUS shit.
No, the dangerous shit is handled by his wife, "Doctor of Oriental Medicine" Robin Falkov. She's the one who went rushing off to the Gulf Coast to persuade residents that only a homeopathic remedy would save them from death by BP oil (the mind boggles, imagining what the bloody stuff actually was.)

She's the one who uses an ozone inhaler while on commercial flights, ignoring the fact that most people react to ozone with anywhere from mild headache to migraine/vomiting.

She's the one whose web site proclaims MEASLES DOES NOT KILL in defiance of extremely well established scientific studies.

Quite a pair.

Morgus

Quote from: expat on May 01, 2012, 02:19:58 PM
No, the dangerous shit is handled by his wife, "Doctor of Oriental Medicine" Robin Falkov.
don't think Hoagland and Falkov are marrried.
she is always introduced as Hoagland's 'significant other'  8)

Frys Girl

No, the dangerous shit is handled by his wife, "Doctor of Oriental Medicine" Robin Falkov. She's the one who went rushing off to the Gulf Coast to persuade residents that only a homeopathic remedy would save them from death by BP oil (the mind boggles, imagining what the bloody stuff actually was.)

She's the one who uses an ozone inhaler while on commercial flights, ignoring the fact that most people react to ozone with anywhere from mild headache to migraine/vomiting.

She's the one whose web site proclaims MEASLES DOES NOT KILL in defiance of extremely well established scientific studies.

Quite a pair.
Quite a pair of scammers!

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Morgus on May 01, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
You're probably right about that, but I always thought Noory saying "significant other" was just his lame attempt to sound "sophisticated" and a "knowing insider" to that pair even if Robin was "just" RCH's wife.
Naturally, Georgie uses the term incorrectly, as a pop-cultural euphemism for "spouse."   It's actually a social-psychological term referring to any person who is/was ...well, "significant"... in the formation of a person's "social self."

Oversoul

x                        x                        x
Quite a pair.[/font]

She sounds like what lawyers refer to as an "ambulance chaser".    ;D

preston

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 01, 2012, 06:46:09 PM
You're probably right about that, but I always thought Noory saying "significant other" was just his lame attempt to sound "sophisticated"
I thought that was how he introduced Tommie to his special friends.

b_dubb

Quote from: expat on May 01, 2012, 02:19:58 PMNo, the dangerous shit is handled by his wife, "Doctor of Oriental Medicine" Robin Falkov. She's the one who went rushing off to the Gulf Coast to persuade residents that only a homeopathic remedy would save them from death by BP oil (the mind boggles, imagining what the bloody stuff actually was.)
I say we dump the bitch in the Gulf and see if her snake oil works. a small sample group for a scientific test but it's a start

Frys Girl

Quote from: Harmness on May 03, 2012, 06:01:26 PM
Last time I said that, I got slapped.
Your comment and your avatar. Lol. I love this forum. Thanks for the laugh :)

Quote from: Tara on May 01, 2012, 12:50:00 PM
I'd like to know your opinion on the psychopathology of the great Mr. Noory?

suckzophrenia...  8)

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on May 01, 2012, 02:47:08 PM

They are not married.  Last time I heard her referred to as his "it's complicated."

thecrossbone

I don't think Hoaxland is delusional, I think he is a full-blown fraud.  And I think he has Noory's balls in his pocket

expat

Impossible to disagree with that. And.... wait for it.... it's about to get worse. Hoagland is in begging mode, exhorting the Branch Hoaglandians to send him cash to fund a jaunt to Egypt with his "it's complicated" crazy homeopathist (she's the one who wrote "Measles doesn't kill"). Believe it or not, he's raised $2K from the Facebook-faithful, which he says is "not nearly enough." So I predict he'll be on C2C begging any time now.

The ostensible purpose of this jaunt is to repeat the fraudulent nonsense that masquerades as "science" surrounding the Venus transit, due on June 6th. If you want to know why I call it fraudulent, it's on the blog.
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2012/05/inaccutron.html
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-accutron-fraud.html
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2011/05/experimental-protocol.html

McPhallus

Accutrons?  I'm not an expert on those by any means, but as a watch freak I know that they are old technology from the early 70s, and any Hoagland might have are likely running erratically unless they've been serviced by a watchmaker, particulalry someone knowledgeable on those tuning fork movements.  Why the heck is Hoagland messing with those things???

:o

Quote from: expat on May 15, 2012, 04:34:59 PM
Impossible to disagree with that. And.... wait for it.... it's about to get worse. Hoagland is in begging mode, exhorting the Branch Hoaglandians to send him cash to fund a jaunt to Egypt with his "it's complicated" crazy homeopathist (she's the one who wrote "Measles doesn't kill"). Believe it or not, he's raised $2K from the Facebook-faithful, which he says is "not nearly enough." So I predict he'll be on C2C begging any time now.

The ostensible purpose of this jaunt is to repeat the fraudulent nonsense that masquerades as "science" surrounding the Venus transit, due on June 6th. If you want to know why I call it fraudulent, it's on the blog.
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2012/05/inaccutron.html
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-accutron-fraud.html
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2011/05/experimental-protocol.html

expat

Quote from: McPhallus on May 15, 2012, 05:20:35 PM
.....any Hoagland might have are likely running erratically....

Yes. A first step toward validating this nonsense would be to provide a baseline recording, captured in the exact same place as the "experiment" but before the transit, maybe 24h earlier. He's been asked for this but has ignored the request.

Sleepwalker

Coast to Coast AM could make two simple moves and greatly increase their credibility (which presently stands at zero).

1) Replace Richard Hoagland as "Science" adviser with someone who is actually a scientist:  Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Neal DeGrasse Tyson, the Bad Astronomy guy or . . . . well, you get the idea.

2) Banish Alex Jones, Steve Quayle and Ed Dames.  Forever.

If Hoagland is qualified to be a "science" advisor to a nationally-syndicated radio show, then I'm the reincarnation of Sir Isaac Newton.

McPhallus

They just need to start all over again at this point.  That which Art built has been so shot full of holes that  a "fresh start" is the only thing left to do.  Kind of like a windows machine so bloated and full of junk software, viruses, broken components, etc., that a reformat is the only path to sanity.

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 15, 2012, 07:34:59 PM
Coast to Coast AM could make two simple moves and greatly increase their credibility (which presently stands at zero).

1) Replace Richard Hoagland as "Science" adviser with someone who is actually a scientist:  Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Neal DeGrasse Tyson, the Bad Astronomy guy or . . . . well, you get the idea.

If Hoagland is qualified to be a "science" advisor to a nationally-syndicated radio show, then I'm the reincarnation of Sir Isaac Newton.

b_dubb

i could see Kaku taking that position but Dr. Tyson ... i would be seriously disappointed

but your BANISH suggestion ... excellent suggestion.  they need to get rid of these parasites

Jasmine

Quote from: McPhallus on May 15, 2012, 05:20:35 PM
Accutrons?  I'm not an expert on those by any means...

Oh, there's nothing to be an expert on. I used garlic ones yesterday when I made my Caesar salad. They're nice n' crunchy.

Jasmine

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 15, 2012, 07:34:59 PM

Don't forget to add Glynis McCants (da numburz broad) and Bruce Goldberg to this list.

That said, even with someone as reputable/viable as a Kaku aboard, we'd still have Noory in the hot seat running and ruining the interviews...or...perhaps he'd be so intimidated by someone of Kaku's caliber that he'd...miracle of miracles...actually shut up and let the man speak?

astroguy

Phil hasn't been on in a few years now (2?) and I've gotten the impression that he's not as interested in "capital 'S' 'Skepticism'" these days (this is via e-mail to/from him).  But yes, Hoagland, Quayle, McCants, Jones, Dames ... I agree with all of those being forever stricken.

expat

Bob Zimmerman would be about right as science adviser. I hate his politics but he's very sound on spaceflight stuff.

Sardondi

As long as we're jettisoning dead weight...and I think the list so far is

Richard Hoagland
Alex Jones
Steve Quayle
Ed Dames
Glynis McCants
Bruce Goldberg

Let me suggest adding...
Linda Moulton Howe

Am I getting into iffy territory here? I know we want to dump the no-question-about-it terrible guests, so maybe LMH has a lot of fans and I'm just not one. I know she can investigate thoroughly, and she's 100 times better than the ones who are little better than Old West snakeoil salesmen*

But I'm meh about her. There was a time, when I was new, when I thought her stuff was so cool...but now, even if there's some slightly different angle ("George, as you remember I've been investigating flying telephone poles in Lake Rotchyacrotchoff in Upper Slobovia, which is near a former government biological weapons laboratory..."), it's turns out the same we're-all-going-to-die trembling-voice report we've heard 500 times.

So is she a keeper. Or can we add her to guillotine list? Speaking of which, I bet this was the way it happened with the French Revolution...
Revolutionary Judge: "All right citizens, we're here to pass out sentences. Now remember, we're only going to kill the very worst of the offenders. All right. The Foreign Minister?
Mob of Citizens: Death!!!!
RJ:The Treasurer?
MC:Death!!!
RJ:The King?
MC: Death!!!
RJ: The Queen?
RJ: The little Dauphin too? Surely not that little boy?
RJ: Surely not the royal cooks?
RJ: Not the poor starving maids too?
RJ: Here are some you'll be merciful with - how about the dung haulers? Citizens, they carried the royal poop away from the palace! Shall we show them mercy?
MC: Show them death!!!
RJ: That;s it. There's no one left in the palace..except the rats and roaches...

So it gets easier I guess. Anyway, what about LMH?

* Who was the one who acted as a "medium" for some aliens which were called something like Pleiadians? George would ask the aliens a question and she'd say something to reflect that it was the aliens who were about to "talk" through her, like 'Pleiadian Talk' and she'd drone on awhile dispensing the wisdom of the Pleiadians, and then she'd say something like "Pleiadian Out" and that was the signal she was going back to 'herself'. That was one of the worst ever for me. I haven't heard her for ages, so maybe she's been banned - but then I haven't listened in over a year.

astroguy

Quote from: Sardondi on May 16, 2012, 01:00:18 PM
As long as we're jettisoning dead weight...and I think the list so far is

Richard Hoagland
Alex Jones
Steve Quayle
Ed Dames
Glynis McCants
Bruce Goldberg

Let me suggest adding...
Linda Moulton Howe

...snip...

* Who was the one who acted as a "medium" for some aliens which were called something like Pleiadians? George would ask the aliens a question and she'd say something to reflect that it was the aliens who were about to "talk" through her, like 'Pleiadian Talk' and she'd drone on awhile dispensing the wisdom of the Pleiadians, and then she'd say something like "Pleiadian Out" and that was the signal she was going back to 'herself'. That was one of the worst ever for me. I haven't heard her for ages, so maybe she's been banned - but then I haven't listened in over a year.

I'll agree with LMH.  And you're talking about Nancy Leider.

Let's add to that list Mish Shedlock.  Is Goldberg the moron who takes George forward in time to his Desmond someone radio host in the future?

I would want to add Wilcox except I actually find him funny -- he's only really obnoxious when he tries to manage the calls that he doesn't want to respond to with, "But we have a lot of calls so George let's move on to the next one;" though Gregg Braden does the same thing.

But can we add Whitley I-got-raped-by-aliens-so-gimme-attention-Strieber?

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on May 16, 2012, 01:07:03 PMIs Goldberg the moron who takes George forward in time to his Desmond someone radio host in the future?
Could you perhaps mean Noory's future incarnation as Dexter Monterrey?
Yes longtime frequent c2c guest Dr. Bruce Goldberg (a dentist who dabbles in hypnotism) was the one who told Noory about that.
Goldberg started as a guest several times with Art Bell and told him about his past incarnations as a wizard in Atlantis.  :o