• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Darkness Radio

Started by Murder101, August 15, 2012, 02:10:44 PM

Murder101

Anyone else listen? I've been listening for years now, not as much recently because more and more of the guests are talking about NDEs or spiritual stuff. The weekly Supernatural news is always fun though and the normal show is awesome when they're covering a topic of interest to me. They're about to add on another hour so I can see them getting some more guests that are to my liking.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/pages/darknessradio.html

ziznak

I check them out from time to time.  I'm not big on all the paranormal crap though.  I love me some psuedo science though!  Regular science is cool too but tends to be much less interesting.  Anyways, whats that dudes name Schrader right? He looks like a long lost OCC brother or pawn-star... every time is see him I think that.  I haven't checked out the show as much as I should... now when I think about it I listen to sNoory more than these guys and maybe that should change.  I don't know I haven't checked them out enough to say either way.
http://www.darknessradio.com/

Murder101

I suggest everyone listen to the two newest EVP episodes. Ed Ozosky is on and plays an "EVP" that is clearly a Watermark from an editing program and absolutely refuses to accept it after they demonstrate it and Dave has to hang up on him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Murder101 on April 10, 2013, 03:22:52 PM
I suggest everyone listen to the two newest EVP episodes. Ed Ozosky is on and plays an "EVP" that is clearly a Watermark from an editing program and absolutely refuses to accept it after they demonstrate it and Dave has to hang up on him.

you have direct links to the shows?

McPhallus

Quote from: Murder101 on April 10, 2013, 03:22:52 PM

The archives for that show provide only the first hour of each show.  Still highly entertaining, though. Ozosky makes a complete jackass of himself when confronted with the facts about his supposed EVP.  His ego is clearly heavily attached, and he appears to be projecting when he turns on the host later via email and accuses him of being petty and arrogant.

sherpa high

They are on before Coast here in the Twin Cities so I usually wind up listening to at least some of the show. I appreciate that the hosts don't blindly believe the guests. The recent "EVP" shows are great examples.

If anyone is interested, you can subscribe (free) to their podcast on iTunes and you can listen to both hours.

Pragmier

I've been listening to Inception Radio on XiiaLive for android. Never know what's gonna show up, usually better than any C2C (barring Bell and Knapp). Heidi Hollis is cooky but entertaining. The few Darkness shows I heard weren't too bad.

Murder101

Quote from: McPhallus on April 12, 2013, 02:19:49 PM
The archives for that show provide only the first hour of each show.  Still highly entertaining, though. Ozosky makes a complete jackass of himself when confronted with the facts about his supposed EVP.  His ego is clearly heavily attached, and he appears to be projecting when he turns on the host later via email and accuses him of being petty and arrogant.
Hmm? The archives split each show into hours but you still get the whole show. They often have different guest each hour so spliting them up like that makes it easy to pick and choose topics you like.

Quote from: ziznak on August 17, 2012, 04:10:32 AM
Regular science is cool too but tends to be much less interesting. 
You've been reading about the wrong kinds of science then :)

gringomisio

First, I usually enjoy Darkness Radio but a couple days ago they had Terry Cook on and he was absolutely one of the worst guests.  I am almost surprised Dave didn't kick him off the show.  He was patronizing and didn't really want to directly answer any questions.  Just wondering if you have heard of this guy and your opinion of him?  I'd rather not link to his site as he doesn't deserve the traffic.

Faustina

True Crime Tuesday on Darkness Radio. 

http://www.iheart.com/live/News-Talk-AM-1130-1213/

I don't know how the rest of you feel about Dave Schrader, but I like him.  Good interviewer.  Solid host, if not particularly exciting.  Could be more of "a character," but then he wouldn't be being true to himself which is "just a regular guy who happens to be into the paranormal."

It is far past time to put up a thread for good Dave's regular show.  I will try to get show info up on a regular basis.  Let us have a discussion about it.

Show is on Monday-Friday between 9 PM and 12 AM  CDT.

Link to Listen:

http://www.iheart.com/live/news-talk-am-1130-1213/?autoplay=true&pname=3359&campid=play_bar&cid=index.html

Website link:

http://www.darknessradio.com/

Also, great paranormal stories from Dave and Tim can be found on:

http://twincitiesnewstalk.iheart.com/onair/darkness-radio-24463/

Mondays are scheduled for Supernatural News (1st hour) and Parashare Stories from the listeners are on during the 2nd and 3rd hours.

Tuesdays are reserved for True Crime Guests.  The rest of the week has a wide variety of paranormal topics/guests that range from all fields of interest.

Here is something from the 3rd website I gave that was posted.  Kind of creepy.  Smoking was not allowed.  Also this is from a security camera that was running during a ghost hunt where they played with the Ouija Board and called up spirits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg8jFk0wdhU

More on this story here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/spooky-footage-reveals-spirits-of-7-dead-monks_uk_57160a52e4b0dc55ceeb0116

TigerLily

And I just posted on the Schrader thread about last night's show. Ok, I will repost

Great show last night from vampires to dogmen. The last story about the stalking dogman was my favorite, I think. But everyone boating to the Wal-Mart and stuck inside because of the banshee was a great visual.
Haven't been kept up all night by a great show since last weekend with good Dave

See you "Schraderfreudes"? tonight

weeberwubber

Great idea for a thread, great video, and thanks Tigerlily for the heads up on last nights show. Win, win, win.

Friday, April 29 Dave Schrader interviewed Dr. Darren Oldridge about magic and the supernatural in Tudor and Stuart England.

The guest's inquiry into why people believed what we consider now to be strange and irrational things is entertaining.  Just a one-hour interview, but fun and thought-provoking.  A "slice" of Good Dave.

Oh, so there was already a thread. OK.  I checked prior to posting the new one and didn't see it so I must have missed it.

Tonight's show is Supernatural News and Parashare Monday where the listeners are the guests.

Taco Bell

Guys sound like they're having a good time.

I've stayed at the Pfister Hotel before, no ghosts.

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 09, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
Guys sound like they're having a good time.

I've stayed at the Pfister Hotel before, no ghosts.

They act a bit goofy during Supernatural News.  Tim generally always does the news.  Rest of the week, Dave handles most of the honors unless he is off.

Haven't stayed at the Pfister but have stayed at the Stanley.  Not much happened to me save for some K2 meter readings that spiked every now and then.

Taco Bell

Went back and listened to a few old shows with guests, first time listening to the all news program tonight.

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 09, 2016, 08:56:26 PM
Went back and listened to a few old shows with guests, first time listening to the all news program tonight.

They are moving on to stories from the listeners now.  They used to devote the whole program on Fridays to Supernatural News but half the stories were not that good and they felt that it would be better to have a guest on Friday nights.  I agree with that decision.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 09:06:03 PM
They are moving on to stories from the listeners now.  They used to devote the whole program on Fridays to Supernatural News but half the stories were not that good and they felt that it would be better to have a guest on Friday nights.  I agree with that decision.
Is this the chat thread?

Where are you listening?