• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Q for Art

Started by Robert, July 23, 2016, 10:04:19 PM

Robert

When you bowed out of C2C and said (I don't remember your exact words, but approximately) you expected Mr. Noory to take the show in his own directions, did you think that after this many years so much of C2C's subject matter would still be the ground you'd previously plowed?

Jackstar

When you feel the soul-crushing embarrassment that comes with having thrown one's career and legacy into the toilet, how do you deal with that?

ACE of CLUBS

Art ...... what color is the sky in your world ?

I_Speculate

You guys are FUCKING RETARDS.

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 23, 2016, 11:10:01 PM

By "guys" you mean Jackstar, correct?  Cause that boy ain't right in the haid.

Jackstar

Hey, those aren't questions for Art. DISQUALIFIED.

Quote from: Jackstar on July 23, 2016, 11:17:20 PM
Hey, those aren't questions for Art. DISQUALIFIED.

Art, do you think troofers are queef-sniffing retards?

Jackstar

I'll be honest, that sounds more like a question for Heather--or for your mom.

Art, do you think Jackstar is a seat-sniffing retard?

Jackstar

Have you read those twenty-eight pages yet, or do you even still care about 9/11 anymore?

Quote from: Jackstar on July 24, 2016, 12:24:25 AM
Have you read those twenty-eight pages yet, or do you even still care about 9/11 anymore?

I care, honey, really I do.  Give me another chance.

Dateline

What are your thoughts on the leak of the e-mails regarding Hilary and their effect on the DNC?

Lilith

Hi Art.

1.) On a scale from 1 0-10, how would you rate the success of the DMDN?

2.) On a scale from 1 0-10, how would you rate the success of  "MidnightInTheDesert with Heather Wade"?

Lilith

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 23, 2016, 11:10:01 PM

I resemble that remark.

REPORTED!

Robert

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 23, 2016, 11:10:01 PMYou guys are FUCKING RETARDS.
I was just talking to a friend about an incident ca. 1990 when I almost did that, which I related today on Quora.  We couldn't remember her name, but she lived across the street.  Actually she was quite an intelligent young lady, but had been said to be mentally incompetent on acc't of her social immaturity, and I'm using "RETARDS" to cover that kind of retarded development.

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on July 23, 2016, 11:17:20 PMHey, those aren't questions for Art.
Even though they dilute att'n to my initial inquiry, the intervening questions are definitely for art.  Oh, you meant Art, with a capital A...that's different.

My question would run along the lines of people who've been given a tremendous unique talent who only use it sporadically, waste it, etc. 

It's a general question not limited to Art Bell, but perhaps he could lend some insight.  Do they not appreciate it?  Does narcissism and ego come with it to the point they don't understand the value of it?  Is it an unwanted burden? Too much pressure?  Too much work?  Boredom?  Something else?

Because none of the excuses we've heard over the past 20 years for not performing ring true.  Certainly not from someone claiming to 'love radio'.

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 24, 2016, 07:09:42 PM
people who've been given a tremendous unique talent

No, no no... these are questions for Art Bell.

Philosopher

Art.  Do you agree that the rise of social media has simply enabled millions more dumb people to spread ignorant ideas to millions of other dumb people?  Therefore we have more dumb people with broadly accepted ignorant ideas.  We see this with religion, politics, science, medicine...where the dumb have equal voice with the learned on the Internet.  If one is dumb, more dumb is more appealing, and less challenging to their infrequent synapses. Hence, the world we have, with dwindling respect for intellect and near religious fervor for the dumbest answer to every question.

Philosopher

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 24, 2016, 07:09:42 PM
My question would run along the lines of people who've been given a tremendous unique talent who only use it sporadically, waste it, etc. 

It's a general question not limited to Art Bell, but perhaps he could lend some insight.  Do they not appreciate it?  Does narcissism and ego come with it to the point they don't understand the value of it?  Is it an unwanted burden? Too much pressure?  Too much work?  Boredom?  Something else?

Because none of the excuses we've heard over the past 20 years for not performing ring true.  Certainly not from someone claiming to 'love radio'.

Not speaking for Art Bell, but perhaps unique talent comes with a high cost, such as overbearing focus and energy to the exclusion of everything else.  It is easier to pursue this at a time in life when other obligations are few, and when physical and mental energy are piqued.

Who the fuck are you people talking to? 

Because Art Bell doesn't read this shit.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on July 29, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
... Because Art Bell doesn't read this shit.

That ego, you sure?

Jackstar

Quote from: creepygreenlight on July 29, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
Who the fuck are you people talking to? 

Art Bell reads every word on this site with breathless, slavering intensity, and he is my biggest fan.

<3 <3 race traitor <3

I wonder if Art has really begun to fathom, the opportunity that was squandered/lost.
The obvious monetary loss; the sky was the limit as far as money was concerned.
The number of subscribers, and radio stations was growing.
I know Art has said that it was never about the money; but in reality, it's always about the money.
Sure he loves being on the radio, and was fortunate enough to make a living doing what he loved.
Though, I bet he never did it for free.

Robert

Quote from: god of thunder on July 30, 2016, 08:35:50 PMI wonder if Art has really begun to fathom, the opportunity that was squandered/lost.
The obvious monetary loss; the sky was the limit as far as money was concerned.
The number of subscribers, and radio stations was growing.
I know Art has said that it was never about the money; but in reality, it's always about the money.
Sure he loves being on the radio, and was fortunate enough to make a living doing what he loved.
What do you think he did on the ham bands?

Quote from: Robert on July 31, 2016, 09:19:27 PM
What do you think he did on the ham bands?

Ham radio is a hobby/interest. It isn't something done for one's livelihood, is it?

Robert

Quote from: god of thunder on August 01, 2016, 03:18:21 AMHam radio is a hobby/interest. It isn't something done for one's livelihood, is it?
Then the argument seems to be circular: What does one do for free as a livelihood?

Quote from: Robert on August 01, 2016, 07:42:46 PM
Then the argument seems to be circular: What does one do for free as a livelihood?

I don't know. The idea of free as a livelihood is oxymoronic; kind of like the idea of respondsible government. 😂

Robert

Quote from: god of thunder on July 30, 2016, 08:35:50 PMI know Art has said that it was never about the money; but in reality, it's always about the money.
So then I'll ask you again how you can mean the above if he also did ham radio.  It can't always be about the money then, can it?