• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lack of service in Fast food and other restaurants like it used to be.

Started by mombird3, May 30, 2013, 11:12:41 PM

mombird3

McDonald pulled a real switcher with us. They closed for renovations at the end od March, and reopened before the time they told us. We had been regulars there for about 6 years since we moved here. When they opened again we knew nobody there including the manager. The Fries were cold and the burger was served with the wrong stuff like no pickle or onion.We complained there and again on the call in line on the soda cup. It was not good even after that. Today they sold us coffee at 10:45 PM before the close at 11PM. Should have told us that we had to take it out instead of drinking it there. Cannot drink hot coffee in a few minutes.
We visited Sonic, Arby's and other places and the service was OK. Fries were good one day and cold the next. We thought about it and we thought that nobody cares. On minimum wage it just does not matter.
Interesting enough the local Dunkin Donuts where we were going almost every day, missed us because they close earlier. When we returned on late Friday-Sat night they welcomed us again. The manager wondered if we got sick or something.
This is not good for business. Is it us or is it just that we got a taste of better?

Quote from: mombird3 on May 30, 2013, 11:12:41 PM
McDonald pulled a real switcher with us. They closed for renovations at the end od March, and reopened before the time they told us. We had been regulars there for about 6 years since we moved here. When they opened again we knew nobody there including the manager. The Fries were cold and the burger was served with the wrong stuff like no pickle or onion.We complained there and again on the call in line on the soda cup. It was not good even after that. Today they sold us coffee at 10:45 PM before the close at 11PM. Should have told us that we had to take it out instead of drinking it there. Cannot drink hot coffee in a few minutes.
We visited Sonic, Arby's and other places and the service was OK. Fries were good one day and cold the next. We thought about it and we thought that nobody cares. On minimum wage it just does not matter.
Interesting enough the local Dunkin Donuts where we were going almost every day, missed us because they close earlier. When we returned on late Friday-Sat night they welcomed us again. The manager wondered if we got sick or something.
This is not good for business. Is it us or is it just that we got a taste of better?

Perhaps the previous owner sold it and the new one renovated it.

Any franchise is only as good as the manager.  You said you knew no one at the new McD's including the manager - that's it right there, although McD's pride itself on being 'the same' everywhere. 

ziznak

Fast food spots are like that.  I used to eat a whole shit ton of taco-bell and hated that fact that my local one really sucked.  A few miles up the road was another that made the fattest and most stacked tacos.

I would never complain or ever send anything back in a fast food spot.  If it's fucked up the first time then sending it back isn't going to make it any better PLUS there could be phlegm or semen on it when you get it back.

I think Subway has gone down hill dramatically.  I recall their sandwiches as being more generously stacked some years ago.  Now, you get three paper-thin sheets of meat-like material, a bit of bland cheese, and whatever else you want on it.  Blech.... 

Juan

Yeah, Subway was much better when you had to drive 4-5 miles to find one, rather than the 4-5 blocks (passing 3 Starbucks) that you do now.

Morgus

I stopped eating at fast food places ten years ago.
Now I make my own food from scratch like tacos, sandwiches, hamburgers, french fries and its a lot cheaper and tastes better too... :)

onan

Quote from: Morgus on June 01, 2013, 02:31:25 PM
I stopped eating at fast food places ten years ago.
Now I make my own food from scratch like tacos, sandwiches, hamburgers, french fries and its a lot cheaper and tastes better too... :)

I concur. And as bothersome as getting older is, the benefit is, I can no longer tolerate the product offered by the fast food chains called hamburgers.

Eddie Coyle

I refuse to give my money to the corporate cretins and their fast food chains! I won't be part of the capitalist gangbang,man.

So I stick to local joints run by small business owners. Keep revenue in the neighborhood,man...until the store owners send it off to support jihadist missions. I think the money from each "steak bomb" I purchase goes to a roadside bomb somewhere.

Quote from: onan on June 01, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

I concur. And as bothersome as getting older is, the benefit is, I can no longer tolerate the product offered by the fast food chains called hamburgers.

I hear you on this... I more or less gave up burger joints a couple years ago.  On the very few occasions I go to one now, I always feel ill afterwards.  That brief salty-fatty high from fast-food is not worth the gut pain later.

Quote from: onan on June 01, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

Yep. 
Except for Five Guys, that is.

Now I got a craving for burgers, time to fire up the BBQ.

Have not eaten at McDonald's since they were 15 cents
People in my neighborhood got together Monday for a bring your own thing to grill party. I had helped a friend with her produce business and she had gifted me a pound of Buffalo . I got a couple Kaiser rolls  ,some Vidalia onion, some romaine, and a slice of tomato. touch of mustard, touch of horseradish. Made myself 2 of those and ate for 2 days.
As I have become older, I am real peculiar about who prepares my food. I  like food prepared by reasonably happy people or at least not resenting having to work in a joint.
When I was in high school I worked in a Burger Chef and a KFC.BC is gone and I have been unable to eat KFC since 1964.I had a pair of paratrooper boots I wore to work at KFC.The soles rotted off them in a month working there.

analog kid

Fast food linked to depression.

I don't know all of their criteria in this study, can't comment on how legit it is, but the participants in the study who were showing signs of depression just so happened to also be single, exclusive junk food eaters who smoked and worked over 45 hours a week.

ksm32

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 01, 2013, 02:54:18 PM

I refuse to give my money to the corporate cretins and their fast food chains! I won't be part of the capitalist gangbang,man.

So I stick to local joints run by small business owners. Keep revenue in the neighborhood,man...

AMEN.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 01, 2013, 01:55:11 PM
I think Subway has gone down hill dramatically.  I recall their sandwiches as being more generously stacked some years ago.  Now, you get three paper-thin sheets of meat-like material, a bit of bland cheese, and whatever else you want on it.  Blech....

For sure. Double meat is $3 bucks, even on a $5 footlong.  It started going downhill after they changed the way they cut their buns.  As for burgers, everybody do yourself a favour and go buy a decently priced meat grinder.  It feels so much better knowing exactly what your ground meat is made of.

And to Unquenchable - Don't worry about the KFC; it has gotten worse.  I think it all went further south when they stopped using whatever ate your boot sole.

Oh, I forgot all about KFC (cuz I never go there anymore) -- I remember liking that place as a kid (30-40 years ago).  Now it's pure garbage.  A tiny one-ounce dollop of potato-like substance slathered in salt gravy, small and dry pieces of chicken (or pigeon?).  Man, that stuff is horrible.

Morgus

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 02, 2013, 12:53:08 PM
Oh, I forgot all about KFC (cuz I never go there anymore) -- I remember liking that place as a kid (30-40 years ago).  Now it's pure garbage.  A tiny one-ounce dollop of potato-like substance slathered in salt gravy, small and dry pieces of chicken (or pigeon?).  Man, that stuff is horrible.
Ever try Popeyes instead?  8)

I don't think we have a Popeye's in my neck of the words (nor Cal).  Is it just a poor man's KFC?  Did you know that there is actually a Spam knock-off called Treat?  (Actually, a fried-spam sandwich isn't half bad, or at least it wasn't the last time I had one back in about '85).

ziznak

Ya know morgus mentioned cooking at home earlier.  I do that quite a bit.  I do burgers, chicken wings, fries, and pretty much anything else that the fast food joints pay retards to make.  The one thing that I can't seem to duplicate in the kitchen is really good fried chicken... and I'm quite deep fry enthusiast. 

Also, about KFC sucking now, you really just have to find the right one.  They are out there!
and Popeyes is pretty damn good too... anybody have the chain "Church's chicken" around em?

11angeleyes11

This is not right on point, but somewhat related to show the continued lack of service. I just read today that one of the luxury hotels in New York, I think it is a Hilton, will cease offering room service.  Due to this fifty-five people are losing their jobs. The room service is being replace by a grab and go lunch service or restaurant.

Other luxury hotels are watching this.  I know sometimes I have arrived late in the evening when all of the restaurants are closed at a destination, room service was a welcomed option.  No, I will no go get a cold turkey sandwich at a local 7-11.  I don't usually stay at extended stay hotels that offer a microwave, so hoooootttt pizza rolls are also not a palatable option.  Room service is needed and wanted. 

Back to fast-food, I have also read that McDonalds is looking to reduce their menu and offer more greasy burgers.  Personally, I like Burger King or Wendy's because of more menu options.  Face it as we move to a faster and faster paced society, service is being diminished in all aspects of our lives.  We are becoming dehumanized and not providing that extra level of personal service, even at fast food restaurants just hints at that.

Morgus

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 02, 2013, 01:48:40 PM
I don't think we have a Popeye's in my neck of the words (nor Cal).  Is it just a poor man's KFC?
Check out: http://popeyes.com/

Popeyes Profile Popeyes® was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1972 and is the world's second largest quick-service chicken concept (based on the number of units). Within the QSR industry, Popeyes distinguishes itself with a unique "New Orleans" style menu that features spicy chicken, chicken tenders, fried shrimp and other seafood, as well as jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice and other regional items. Popeyes is a highly differentiated QSR brand with a passion for its New Orleans heritage and flavorful authentic food.
Popeyes serves food the world craves and is continuing to expand its global reach. The Company operates and franchises over 2,000 Popeyes restaurants worldwide. Of the 1,600 domestic franchised restaurants, approximately 70% are concentrated in Texas, California, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Georgia, Virginia and Mississippi. Of the nearly 400 international franchised restaurants, approximately 55% are located in Korea, Canada and Turkey. More than 90% of the company-operated restaurants are concentrated in Louisiana and Tennessee.

onan

Quote from: Morgus on June 02, 2013, 02:36:24 PM
Check out: http://popeyes.com/

Popeyes Profile Popeyes® was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1972 and is the world's second largest quick-service chicken concept (based on the number of units). Within the QSR industry, Popeyes distinguishes itself with a unique "New Orleans" style menu that features spicy chicken, chicken tenders, fried shrimp and other seafood, as well as jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice and other regional items. Popeyes is a highly differentiated QSR brand with a passion for its New Orleans heritage and flavorful authentic food.
Popeyes serves food the world craves and is continuing to expand its global reach. The Company operates and franchises over 2,000 Popeyes restaurants worldwide. Of the 1,600 domestic franchised restaurants, approximately 70% are concentrated in Texas, California, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Georgia, Virginia and Mississippi. Of the nearly 400 international franchised restaurants, approximately 55% are located in Korea, Canada and Turkey. More than 90% of the company-operated restaurants are concentrated in Louisiana and Tennessee.

Where I last worked, there was a Popeyes about 2 minutes away. That is some tasty offerings. I could easily drown myself in their sausage gravy.

Quote from: ziznak on June 02, 2013, 01:49:28 PM
Ya know morgus mentioned cooking at home earlier.  I do that quite a bit.  I do burgers, chicken wings, fries, and pretty much anything else that the fast food joints pay retards to make.  The one thing that I can't seem to duplicate in the kitchen is really good fried chicken... and I'm quite deep fry enthusiast. 

Also, about KFC sucking now, you really just have to find the right one.  They are out there!
and Popeyes is pretty damn good too... anybody have the chain "Church's chicken" around em?
The Church's around here are all in gas stations.  Ergo, never tried them.  If I am going to get food at a gas station here in Texas, it will be from a taco truck.

Hey, RCD... out of curiosity, what do you think of your governor, Rick Perry?  I know I'm hijacking the thread a bit here, but I just read that you're from Texas.  Has Perry worn out his welcome, or is he still well-regarded?

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 02, 2013, 04:00:43 PM
Hey, RCD... out of curiosity, what do you think of your governor, Rick Perry?  I know I'm hijacking the thread a bit here, but I just read that you're from Texas.  Has Perry worn out his welcome, or is he still well-regarded?
I would say he is still pretty well liked.  The economy here is turning around, which always helps state politicians.  His social conservatism certainly plays well here, as well.  Rumor is he may not run for re- election, to focus on a presidential run in 2016.

Another run for Prez?  That surprises me, considering his less-than-stellar showing last time around.  His "Whoops" moment was pretty devastating.  He seems a likeable enough guy in a "I'd have a beer with him" sort of way.