• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Relationship problems - I need some advice

Started by HAL 9000, September 29, 2012, 03:46:43 AM

HAL 9000

During a relationship from a few years ago, we were having more than our share of problems. So we mutually agreed on couples therapy. Our therapist recommended that we talk more - talk honestly to each other about how we feel; to get our innermost feelings out in the open so that we could better understand the underpinnings of that which was causing the problems and dysfunction.

So I talked... and talked... and talked. It didn't work out, despite my earnest effort at baring my feelings toward her. I followed the therapist's advice, but it just didn't work.

So I thought that, despite being a few years old, you could hear the tape recordings of some of our "talks," hoping that the trusted and intelligent members of CoastGab could weigh-in on might have some sage advice.

One caveat: the recording is about 33 minutes long, but I encourage you to listen to the whole thing, so as to be able to give the best advice.

Yours in Love and Peace,
HAL 9000

to listen, see the mp3 attachment below:

[attachment deleted by admin]

ziznak

seriously?? I think you guys just need a little time to let things cool off ya know?  sometimes you just need to take a step back Mel I mean Hal... try not to be violent man... sometimes just saying things can be taken as violent.

MV/Liberace!

lol, nice.  took me a couple minutes to recognize the audio.

b_dubb

HAL ... love the new avatar.  and Mel ... check yourself into an insane asylum before you're sharing a cell with Phil Spector

The General

I listened to it, and it's her.  Not you.  Carry on.

Sardondi

I hate this kind of stuff anyway. But I have absolutely no sympathy for Mel. I'm not so big a fool as to think he hadn't been provoked. But for Mel to be so stupid, how can you save  a man from himself when he has no more control than that? Sure, I recognize a call which had a provocation preceding it. Obviously something was said or done which ensured his enraged telephone call. But how could he not stop himself and ask, "Why is she all of a sudden sounding like she's taken a dozen Valium? Why is she suddenly Miss No Reaction? Why am I the only one who is angry here? We've never had a phone conversation like this. Oh well, if she's keeping her mouth shut for once, let me get some more shots in!" Fool.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Sardondi on September 29, 2012, 08:35:40 PMI hate this kind of stuff anyway. But I have absolutely no sympathy for Mel. I'm not so big a fool as to think he hadn't been provoked.

I collected all of these recordings off the "exclusive" site some years back, and reposted them on a few forums... but I've noticed that despite my posts being fairly obscure, the files are download fairly frequently - they must be in a Google index somewhere.

I'll have to say, I was incredibly shocked by them - even if he was drunk, I dunno... I haven't been drunk all that many times in my life, but I certainly don't get angry or violent; just silly and stupid. Even if provoked, there's something wrong upstairs.

It seems like sometime within the last year, there were more "Mel rants" taken by the young son of a film producer or writer, that was at a vacation house with Gibson. Mel got angry about the writing progress and went wild again, so the younger son turned on his iPhone to record it.

Sure, I've gotten angry in a relationship; probably even very angry, but I just can't imagine reacting this way as in this audio, no matter how provoked. If anger got the best of me, I'd probably just hang up, drive to McDonald's and wolf-down two McDoubles and a large strawberry shake, come back home, and read CoastGab.

Just for clarification, I felt compelled to invent this "method" of luring listeners with my "story" cuz I figured, with a wry twinkle in my eye and slightly curled lips, that some might enjoy the sarcasm with which this was intended.

:o ;) :P

ziznak

See the main problem here stems from an overdeveloped ego.  Mel just can't let it go that this bitch got over on him.  She manipulated you with her snatch... now you're forever tied to her and she's got all your stuff.  Whats worse is now your losing your shit and she's taking this opportunity to destroy your precious public image as well.  He walked right into the trap.

I'll admit I listened to the audio and laughed a lot.  Part of me felt a little bad for Mel though.  It's that same part of me that feels sorry for all guys that find themselves ensnared by mail order or trophy wives or just end up with some crazy bitch at home cause they can't bear to be alone.  I just wish I could let em know before they get legally raped that "she's more trouble than she's worth, get away while you can!"

One thing that comes through on these recordings is that Mel is an actor first, the way he stretches out his "F"s and "S"s, the periods of over-dramatic heavy breathing, the weird choice of language (Sashaying? Really?). Combine that with addiction and violent behavior and you've got the perfect storm of terrifying yet simultaneously hilarious.

He's like a drunk, retarded kid having a temper tantrum.