• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2019, 01:59:26 PM
Wasn't this guy already on C2C and various shows?? 

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/01/16/man-who-says-he-was-abducted-by-aliens-breaks-45-year-silence/

Yes, he was on with Knapp back last summer.  Knapp asked his typical softball questions, didn't challenge the guy's story in any way.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 16, 2019, 02:07:42 PM
Yes, he was on with Knapp back last summer.  Knapp asked his typical softball questions, didn't challenge the guy's story in any way.
Thanks that what I thought. Weird it is making MSM "news" now? I guess a slow news day.

scottydawg

Just found this on Wired.com,  "And in the mid-2000s, a start-up called Excalibur Almaz bought a capsule that flew to secret Russian military space stations during the Cold War. The company planned to use the spacecraft for tourist flights around the moon, although it ran out of money long before it was ready to launch."
Holy Frosted Flakes Batman! So Richard C. Hougie Sandwich wasn't as crazy as we thought!

Here's the link to the full article
https://www.wired.com/story/nasas-space-shuttle-rises-from-the-dead-to-power-new-vehicles/?CNDID=55288837&CNDID=55288837&bxid=MzEwOTE2NTMwODUwS0&hasha=8d3beb17a685213f20660e048b0c42f1&hashb=c57e6fb05c9861ec540e560fda4773a4db44841d&mbid=nl_022219_daily_list1_p4&source=DAILY_NEWSLETTER&utm_brand=wired&utm_mailing=WIRED%20NL%20022219%20(1)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl

AC400KICK

If you want to see hovering UFOs and you are in NYC or the surrounding area, we have regular meetings every Friday and Saturday night starting at 8:00 pm at Cleopatra’s Needle behind the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th Avenue in Yorkville, Manhattan. The group’s leader is Julio Barriere and he has a fleet of benevolent UFOs that follow him all around the World. If you are out of the area and ever find yourself in NYC, we will be there provided the weather holds up. New faces are always welcome.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: AC400KICK on April 29, 2019, 08:46:46 AM
If you want to see hovering UFOs and you are in NYC or the surrounding area, we have regular meetings every Friday and Saturday night starting at 8:00 pm at Cleopatra’s Needle behind the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th Avenue in Yorkville, Manhattan. The group’s leader is Julio Barriere and he has a fleet of benevolent UFOs that follow him all around the World. If you are out of the area and ever find yourself in NYC, we will be there provided the weather holds up. New faces are always welcome.

Did you tell the USAF recruiter about this?

This has been driving me insane for years...

Often, when I go outside at night for a trip to flavour country, I'll look up to the stars. Every once in a while, I'll see a very bright, seemingly low-flying, non-blinking white light lazily cruising across the sky. Usually west to east. I've heard every "rational" explanation for what it could be from ball lightning to the ISS. I don't buy any of it.

Have any of you ever seen this action?
What are your theories if you have?

It drives me mental.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: art_smoked_my_cigarettes on May 17, 2019, 10:53:14 PM

Often, when I go outside at night for a trip to flavour country, I'll look up to the stars. Every once in a while, I'll see a very bright, seemingly low-flying, non-blinking white light lazily cruising across the sky. Usually west to east. I've heard every "rational" explanation for what it could be from ball lightning to the ISS. I don't buy any of it.

It drives me mental.

Are satellites one of the rational explanations you don't buy?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 17, 2019, 11:07:19 PM
Are satellites one of the rational explanations you don't buy?

Yes, simply because the light appears to be at a lower altitude than commercial jets.

Robert

Quote from: art_smoked_my_cigarettes on May 17, 2019, 11:12:11 PMYes, simply because the light appears to be at a lower altitude than commercial jets.
How do you judge its altitude?

Jojo

Quote from: art_smoked_my_cigarettes on May 17, 2019, 10:53:14 PM

It drives me mental.
If the altitude actually is low, it's probably law enforcement checking for illegal pot fields or doing routine fly overs.  Especially if it's always at the same time and even visible on days when real stars can't be seen due to haze or clouds.

If you are near the foot hills or if a hill blocks your horizon, then the altitude could be higher than it seems, in which case it must be a satellite.

Why don't you invest in a telescope, since you have the advantage of knowing the thing will re-appear?  And, try to view the thing from other locations and compare notes.  Also, pay attention during the new moon and full moons in order to view the thing in different light.

If you can drive nearer to its starting point, you might find an airfield.

I suppose you mean it's really moving.  Because I'm sure you understand that the whole sky kind of rotates a few degrees every few minutes.

albrecht

One time I had an epic "sighting." The congruence of approaching twilight, angle of approach, a sporting event, and a slight astigmatism caused me to see the Goodyear Blimp as a UFO. Really freaky because the direction it was flying, randomly seeing it when stuck in traffic on highway fly-over, and the setting of the sun/angle and haze only showed a silver 'disc' moving suspiciously slow- compared to aircraft or even traffic. Was so weird. No booze, no drugs, just stuck in traffic around 7pm and saw this silvery deal out of the corner of my eye that wasn't really moving. I figured out what it was but, for a second, I really had a HS WTF is that moment and did a double-take.

Quote from: Robert on May 18, 2019, 01:11:03 PM
How do you judge its altitude?

I wouldn't say I'm judging the altitude, just the perception of the light seems lower than commercial aircraft.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on May 19, 2019, 03:46:38 PM
One time I had an epic "sighting." The congruence of approaching twilight, angle of approach, a sporting event, and a slight astigmatism caused me to see the Goodyear Blimp as a UFO. Really freaky because the direction it was flying, randomly seeing it when stuck in traffic on highway fly-over, and the setting of the sun/angle and haze only showed a silver 'disc' moving suspiciously slow- compared to aircraft or even traffic. Was so weird. No booze, no drugs, just stuck in traffic around 7pm and saw this silvery deal out of the corner of my eye that wasn't really moving. I figured out what it was but, for a second, I really had a HS WTF is that moment and did a double-take.

I used to see airships quite often when I was growing up. I can't remember the last time I saw one, they must be a thing of the past. I think it was Goodyear. Also Concorde, at about 7pm, and what a bloody racket that made when it flew over, absolutely deafening.

Quote from: 14 on May 19, 2019, 12:48:29 AM
If the altitude actually is low, it's probably law enforcement checking for illegal pot fields or doing routine fly overs.  Especially if it's always at the same time and even visible on days when real stars can't be seen due to haze or clouds.

If you are near the foot hills or if a hill blocks your horizon, then the altitude could be higher than it seems, in which case it must be a satellite.

Why don't you invest in a telescope, since you have the advantage of knowing the thing will re-appear?  And, try to view the thing from other locations and compare notes.  Also, pay attention during the new moon and full moons in order to view the thing in different light.

If you can drive nearer to its starting point, you might find an airfield.

I suppose you mean it's really moving.  Because I'm sure you understand that the whole sky kind of rotates a few degrees every few minutes.

Definitely not law enforcement looking for pot fields. I'm in the Middle-of-Nowhere, Saskatchewan, Canada. I see this in the winter as well. Law enforcement around here does not use aircraft unless it's a missing person situation, which, if you know about Saskatchewan, is not really necessary as all you have to do is stand in one spot and rotate 360 degrees and you'll see who you're looking for. You can watch your dog run away for 3 days.

The rest is plausible and a telescope is a great idea. It is absolutely moving as I stand and watch it traveling east (or whatever direction it happens to be going) and it carries on like an aircraft.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 19, 2019, 03:46:38 PM
I can completely see this happening. Most folks don't see blimps that often, so when you do see one even in pretty good conditions, if it's far enough way, you can, at a minimum, do a double take. 

Certain aircraft, like the A-10, the Rutan VariEze, and, of course, the B-2, among others, have caused me to wonder for awhile when I've see them in the air, at times.  Their silhouettes are different from usual aircraft and you're just not seeing them all the time, like 737s.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 19, 2019, 04:16:43 PM
I used to see airships quite often when I was growing up. I can't remember the last time I saw one, they must be a thing of the past. I think it was Goodyear. Also Concorde, at about 7pm, and what a bloody racket that made when it flew over, absolutely deafening.
Loud. But crazy that we seem to be going backwards in that regard. Though I have seen various ideas of new super-sonic flight vehicles but, as you mention, the noise issues, and costs, seem to be the problem.
It is weird but Google has a Zeppelin program to do internet or 5G or something and also on the border they are used to watch, not stop, the invaders. But, primarily, airships, at least here, are used for sports. I think initially for photography but, mainly, for advertisement. Goodyear, etc. Because they even bring them in to places where the arena is totally enclosed!

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 19, 2019, 04:22:34 PM
I can completely see this happening. Most folks don't see blimps that often, so when you do see one even in pretty good conditions, if it's far enough way, you can, at a minimum, do a double take. 

Certain aircraft, like the A-10, the Rutan VariEze, and, of course, the B-2, among others, have caused me to wonder for awhile when I've see them in the air, at times.  Their silhouettes are different from usual aircraft and you're just not seeing them all the time, like 737s.
They were doing a lot of construction here recently so moved a 'cell phone' lot to an area right by the run way. Pretty neat, like throw-back to the days where you could get close and watch. (I kept my eye open for Muslims or tactical vehicles because was close) but sometimes, depending on descent and angle, you get this phenomena where the plane looks like it almost freezes in flight or not moving. Sorta of weird and jarring for a second.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: art_smoked_my_cigarettes on May 17, 2019, 11:12:11 PM
Yes, simply because the light appears to be at a lower altitude than commercial jets.

Any aircraft would be required to display port and starboard (red and green) running lights and a white or red strobe light at altitude unless conditions dictate otherwise.  Apparently the white light you saw was not strobing.  I have seen such steady white lights traveling on a constant bearing and assumed they were satellites. 

Robert

Quote from: 14 on May 19, 2019, 12:48:29 AMIf you are near the foot hills or if a hill blocks your horizon, then the altitude could be higher than it seems,
Why?

Robert

Quote from: art_smoked_my_cigarettes on May 19, 2019, 04:14:13 PMI wouldn't say I'm judging the altitude, just the perception of the light seems lower than commercial aircraft.
Can you elaborate?

Robert

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 19, 2019, 10:01:54 PMAny aircraft would be required to display port and starboard (red and green) running lights and a white or red strobe light at altitude unless conditions dictate otherwise.  Apparently the white light you saw was not strobing.  I have seen such steady white lights traveling on a constant bearing and assumed they were satellites.
I always enjoy being in a flight path and seeing a lineup of airliners take their final turn, put on the landing lights, and appear in a string pointed near directly at me.  It's somehow thrilling and soothing at the same time, and amazing they can pack them in with so little headway.  Better get off the runway fast!

Also happy-making is the Idlewild strobes along the Belt Parkway making their animated arrowheads toward Kennedy.  It doesn't look that impressive from the ground, but if you're a passenger on a flight to LaGuardia you can get a good view.  I'm crying a little just thinking about them.  If you're in a plane on that landing path, as a passenger you don't have a view of it.

Robert

It's a testament to the unpopularity now of the idea that UFOs are mysterious nuts-and-bolts things that Stanton Friedman's death didn't even get mentioned in this thread.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Robert on May 20, 2019, 04:27:35 PM
It's a testament to the unpopularity now of the idea that UFOs are mysterious nuts-and-bolts things that Stanton Friedman's death didn't even get mentioned in this thread.

I think its due to Friedman having been quite a dick to just about everyone, of any significance, in ufology.

Kidnostad3

Is the government prepping the populace for the big reveal? 

https://youtu.be/sA5NFmgNfZg

ItsOver

For the next time you're passing through Pascagoula, MS.  I've actually passed by there a number of times on I-10.  It's a nice place if you like desolate looking wetlands.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2019/06/24/ufo-alien-abduction-story-commemorated-by-mississippi-historical-marker/1545800001/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on June 27, 2019, 10:31:14 AM
For the next time you're passing through Pascagoula, MS.  I've actually passed by there a number of times on I-10.  It's a nice place if you like desolate looking wetlands.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2019/06/24/ufo-alien-abduction-story-commemorated-by-mississippi-historical-marker/1545800001/

The markers you usually see in that part of the country are homemade memorials denoting where some poor redneck bought it.  The memorials will include the deceased's name, and last words, often "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 27, 2019, 12:03:57 PM
The markers you usually see in that part of the country are homemade memorials denoting where some poor redneck bought it.  The memorials will include the deceased's name, and last words, often "Hey ya'll, watch this!"
So beside the Google program, the Border Patrol and Coast Guard, tire advertisers, now the military is admitting a "surveillence balloon" project. I wonder how many reports to Peter are a result of these and what Knapp will have to say on it....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest 

For some reason they want to target the American Midwest for their realtime, total surveillance project?

I actually seem to recall this guy might have been on the show, or at least a show, recently? 

"Michel, author of Eyes in the Sky, a recent book on wide area surveillance"