• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

JesusJuice

Quote from: username on December 13, 2016, 04:51:10 PM

I think he might have hit the limit cap on friends ... art bell is my friend. (Facebook)

If a user hits the limit then you aren't allowed to send a friend request. You get a message saying that the user isn't allowed to have any more friends. During the election Art unfriended many people and is thus below the limit again.

Approve my friend request, Art.

norland2424

Quote from: deleted on December 13, 2016, 04:59:01 PM

If a user hits the limit then you aren't allowed to send a friend request. You get a message saying that the user isn't allowed to have any more friends. During the election Art unfriended many people and is thus below the limit again.

Approve my friend request, Art.

unless your asian he wont add you.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 12, 2016, 11:52:15 PM
great now hes going to sue you too  :-\

I hope so. That would be the most attention daddy has ever given to lil ole me. *sigh*

Corona Kitty

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2016, 05:47:28 PM
I hope so. That would be the most attention daddy has ever given to lil ole me. *sigh*

No Amy?

Quote from: jaz on December 12, 2016, 10:31:04 PM
It's sad. I contemplated making a trailer for Falkie today. That's rock bottom. There's no coming back from that dude.

Art has things to do, like impregnate his much younger wife. He doesn't have long now. He needs to leave as many children as he can in his wake.

Quote from: username on December 13, 2016, 05:48:50 PM

No Amy?

I'm not familiar, sorry.

EDIT: Oh, Amy Martin. I thought she was dead?

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2016, 05:51:44 PM
Art has things to do, like impregnate his much younger wife. He doesn't have long now. He needs to leave as many children as he can in his wake.
https://youtu.be/wRwwUZLV-IE

Corona Kitty

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2016, 05:56:18 PM
I'm not familiar, sorry.

EDIT: Oh, Amy Martin. I thought she was dead?

She did die, however I am going to perform a miracle. In January, I plan to perform a resurrection ... where one Amy Martin, makes her return to the program.

scottydawg

Yes I totally agree. My Dad was a Ham Radio operator before I was born. Then a radioman in the Navy for a 4 year hitch.
When I was younger I used to listen to the ham bands on my Monkey Wards multiband radio. But these days with the Ham Bands and the GMRS/FRS radios it nothing but derps and A$$holes on them. One contractor I work for is a Defense supplier. They were using GMRS walkies in the plant. I told the site supervisor that little kids are on our channels, and she stated she didn't care because the radios were cheap. And the poor FCC  field agents and the DOD liaisons are overworked as is.
Just wait, in 10 years these nuts will be jacking Hyper Burst Data Transmissions!
Quote from Lt. Uhura;
Last week I caught the last 20 min or so of a SW show featuring two old Ham radio guys. They were discussing how people have become so mean and nasty on some of the bands that many of the old timers have quit--like "Art Bell", who they said was so disgusted with the foul language and hatefulness he's taken a break from ham radio.

I've never been a ham radio operator but have known several, and they were among the nicest people I've ever known.  In fact the history of ham radio is based upon networking and emergency communications during power outages and disasters, so it's especially sad to hear that ham has gone the way of the Internet, with people trolling/flaming one another over the radio.  smh...
[/quote]

JesusJuice

Quote from: scottydawg on December 13, 2016, 06:45:10 PM
I told the site supervisor that little kids are on our channels, and she stated she didn't care because the radios were cheap.

Found the problem.

Quote from: deleted on December 13, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Found the problem.

Accurate, someone should tell her husband she is out of the kitchen.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on December 13, 2016, 03:18:53 PM
Art's latest post...

The stalker's on an air-to-ground attack of the Bell compound?

trostol

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2016, 07:22:13 PM

i really have no idea..he said nothing..just posted that..i thought it looked like water but i am probably wrong lol

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on December 13, 2016, 08:00:37 PM
i really have no idea..he said nothing..just posted that..i thought it looked like water but i am probably wrong lol
Thanks.  Art's still doing weird stuff.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2016, 07:22:13 PM

Just like the end of Skyfall.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: scottydawg on December 13, 2016, 06:45:10 PM
Yes I totally agree. My Dad was a Ham Radio operator before I was born. Then a radioman in the Navy for a 4 year hitch.
When I was younger I used to listen to the ham bands on my Monkey Wards multiband radio. But these days with the Ham Bands and the GMRS/FRS radios it nothing but derps and A$$holes on them. One contractor I work for is a Defense supplier. They were using GMRS walkies in the plant. I told the site supervisor that little kids are on our channels, and she stated she didn't care because the radios were cheap. And the poor FCC  field agents and the DOD liaisons are overworked as is.
Just wait, in 10 years these nuts will be jacking Hyper Burst Data Transmissions!

The FCC is an agency that came from an era that doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure what they do these days.  "Standards of polite society" is meaningless today.

Q. What can be done about amateurs that make rude remarks, racial slurs, or transmit obscene or indecent words?

A. Much of what is heard may be inappropriate and violates standards of polite society, but it is not illegal. Only obscene or indecent transmissions are illegal. See the ARRL's  FCC Rule Book for a discussion of how the FCC defines the standards for obscenity and indecency. Serious cases can be referred to the Amateur Auxiliary for handling.
We cannot expect the FCC to devote its resources to the correction of inappropriate, but not illegal, language or less serious violations.  These must be addressed by the amateur community itself. We must not let the bad behavior drive out the good: Each of us who cares about Amateur Radio must maintain the highest possible standards when operating, even in the face of provocation. We must let other amateurs know, as politely as possible, that we expect them to observe the same standards

http://www.arrl.org/amateur-auxiliary

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 13, 2016, 03:46:00 AM
Last week I caught the last 20 min or so of a SW show featuring two old Ham radio guys. They were discussing how people have become so mean and nasty on some of the bands that many of the old timers have quit--like "Art Bell", who they said was so disgusted with the foul language and hatefulness he's taken a break from ham radio...

You mean just like that?  Like a grown up?

No talking rabbits, gunshots, people hiding in the bushes?  No yard full of cop cars, sirens wailing?  No terrified kids and wives?  No Heather to the rescue?  No COPD?  No Jazmunda?  There's got to be more to the story than a few unpleasant comments - with his thick skin and all - could he at least run across a Hilary supporter?

ge30542

Quote from: trostol on December 13, 2016, 03:18:53 PM
Art's latest post...

Is that Midnight in the Desert burning to the ground?

Quote from: ge30542 on December 13, 2016, 10:36:41 PM
Is that Midnight in the Desert burning to the ground?

"Spread it around like wildfire!" -Ghost

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Porch Testicles on December 11, 2016, 05:15:19 PM
theONE wasn't the stalker, you stupid bitch. He got banned over an argument about horse cocks with another bellgabber.

If anyone were going to put together an FAQ about this site and what to expect, they need only read this post. It's concentrated 'Essence of BellGab' at its most mephitic.

Sure there are a few (mostly American)lids on ham radio, but for the most part there are plenty of decent folk willing to ragchew about their gear, prostates or the weather(or all 3)

Take well known ham Dr Bob Heil for instance(inventor of the Heil "Talk box" popularized by Peter Frampton) When the subject of Art comes up at 5:35 he gets in a nice little dig, chuckles and then moves on. A real gent, no crass jokes like Savage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHs_0kjlqA
Just stay away from the NAMBPIG crowd

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 14, 2016, 01:25:37 PM
Sure there are a few (mostly American)lids on ham radio, but for the most part there are plenty of decent folk willing to ragchew about their gear, prostates or the weather(or all 3)

Take well known ham Dr Bob Heil for instance(inventor of the Heil "Talk box" popularized by Peter Frampton) When the subject of Art comes up at 5:35 he gets in a nice little dig, chuckles and then moves on. A real gent, no crass jokes like Savage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHs_0kjlqA
Just stay away from the NAMBPIG crowd

Thanks for the link. These were the guys I heard on SW. Personally I miss the charm and imagination of audio-only radio, when you had to imagine/or didn't care what people looked like.

Bob is cool.  It looks like he's never discarded a single piece of equipment. Most of these lovable characters seem to be well over 50 yrs old. Is there a new generation to carry on?

LorettaW

When I look "Art Bell" up on Google, a bunch of information about him pops up in the right half of the screen. It says he went to Harvard. Is it true?

ge30542

Quote from: LorettaW on December 14, 2016, 08:16:37 PM
When I look "Art Bell" up on Google, a bunch of information about him pops up in the right half of the screen. It says he went to Harvard. Is it true?
They once hosted a seminar on "Ham Shack Construction & Maintenance". He went.

He dropped out to attend Miss Pearl's Finishing School

Ciardelo

Everybody knows Harvard has an Illuminati outreach. 

Nobody

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 14, 2016, 06:27:13 PM
Thanks for the link. These were the guys I heard on SW.

Pardon my asking, but do you happen to know the specific episode of Ham Nation you heard on shortwave?  I've listened to the last 20 minutes of episodes 277, 276, and 267 on YouTube, but did not hear anything along the lines of the comments you mentioned in your earlier post:

Last week I caught the last 20 min or so of a SW show featuring two old Ham radio guys. They were discussing how people have become so mean and nasty on some of the bands that many of the old timers have quit--like "Art Bell", who they said was so disgusted with the foul language and hatefulness he's taken a break from ham radio.

ge30542

I've never been a ham radio operator but have known several, and they were among the nicest people I've ever known.  In fact the history of ham radio is based upon networking and emergency communications during power outages and disasters, so it's especially sad to hear that ham has gone the way of the Internet, with people trolling/flaming one another over the radio.  smh...
Art quit? I don't believe that!

Ciardelo

Quote from: ge30542 on December 15, 2016, 04:46:53 AM
Art quit? I don't believe that!
Right?

I mean right?

Art is no quitter. he's just "hung up his headphones for good"

That's not quitting; that's just being very organized and neat.