• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Segundus on July 06, 2016, 04:42:36 AM
I'm marginally more favorable to Hillary than Trump.  I will probably be voting the Greens. 
The thing that interests me is that other Sec.ofSt.'s had used personal emails with no repercussions - so the issue with Hillary is that she used her own server.

If I worked for an organization and wanted to use my own server there would be someone in charge of security that would disallow that.  I would not be expected to be aware of all the pitfalls in what I was doing, but this expert would. 

Is there no one in charge of computer security in the federal government - someone who must ensure that ALL employees adhere to certain standards? 

I just find it strange that she got away with this.  There is always someone in charge and a person in the hierarchy to whom that person and the offending party report.  Shouldn't someone have been making a big deal over this WHEN IT WAS HAPPENING?
Well, there is this IG report.  As the Secretary of State, she WAS the person in charge of the State Department. 
The Secretary of State is the first Cabinet official in the order of precedence and in the presidential line of succession.  The President was effectively her boss.  Remember she was ALSO a Clinton. ;)  There is also a Federal CIO, who's suppose to maintain effective information security and privacy controls across the Federal Government but it's primarily a position that sets policy, which each separate agency should be implementing.  The position is appointed directly by POTUS.

"A State Department watchdog concluded that Hillary Clinton failed to comply with the agency’s policies on records while using a personal email server that was not â€" and, officials say, would never have been â€" approved by agency officials, according to a report released to lawmakers on Wednesday.
The long-awaited findings from the State Department inspector general, which also revealed Clinton expressing reluctance about using an official email account, were shared with Capitol Hill Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by POLITICO. The report detailed how some employees who questioned the wisdom of the homegrown setup were told to stop asking questions, and the audit confirmed apparent hacking attempts on the private server."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-email-inspector-general-report-223553#ixzz4Dd6d2aoy
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 06, 2016, 02:57:11 AM
Hillary supporters are so quick to dismiss Trump because of Trump University, stating it shows a lack of competency to be President.

She Banshee Hillary's complete utter, as Comey stated  " extremely careless handling of very sensitive, highly classified information" is on a completely different level. It clearly shows Hillary does not posses the wherewithal to be President.

No, the Trump University thing isn't about competency, it's about a man - standing for the highest office in your country - who conducts his business affairs as if he was a pyramid seller. At worst, Hillary was foolish, but she wasn't trying to profit from a con job.

Also, why is Hillary almost always described in personal pejorative terms? Is it possible to criticise someone without throwing insults around? Or is she a special case because she's a woman?

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 07:26:05 AM
No, the Trump University thing isn't about competency, it's about a man - standing for the highest office in your country - who conducts his business affairs as if he was a pyramid seller. At worst, Hillary was foolish, but she wasn't trying to profit from a con job.

Also, why is Hillary almost always described in personal pejorative terms? Is it possible to criticise someone without throwing insults around? Or is she a special case because she's a woman?
It's not unique to Hillary, SV.  It's a common tactic, both political and elsewhere.  Why is it common?  It seems to work, especially for the politicians.  Image is everything.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 05, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
Attacking Art on his politics while he could very well be on his death bed. You people are the worst. Yeah, he brought up politics but he can. He's in the hospital in pain. You, on the other hand...Somewhere typing whilst you fiddle with your diddle.

You're more of a 'drama queen' than Art .... ??
How can that be ..... ?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2016, 07:44:29 AM
It's not unique to Hillary, SV.  It's a common tactic, both political and elsewhere.  Why is it common?  It seems to work, especially for the politicians.  Image is everything.

I don't have in-depth knowledge of the scene over there, but the majority of the women I can think of who get to high office, of various kinds, find themselves being criticised for one thing or another, usually their looks or their private lives. Condoleeza Rice (dyke), Hillary (shrew, dyke, corrupt). Janet Reno (big dyke). I'd be surprised if many women escaped being shredded in one of those ways. Bill Clinton has  been widely criticised, but it never felt crudely personal, at least to me, and most men escape that kind of attack...

Unless they are gay. The sub-text behind the criticism of Rubio was that he is secretly gay, so we got all sorts of innuendo about foam parties and so on. That's not a million miles from the kind of stuff I am talking about with female politicians.

I don't know enough about Dukakis to comment, but I think the flak he caught was that he was just a typical leftie who would let out rapists on the streets given half a chance. That's just typical political rhetoric and not the same kind of thing I was talking about.

I know that there will always be a tendency to caricature people, especially these days, but it just seems to me that women get it worse than men usually.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 08:04:16 AM

....I know that there will always be a tendency to caricature people, especially these days, but it just seems to me that women get it worse than men usually.
Well, there's always this guy.  ;) 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2016, 08:10:49 AM

Smartass! Anyway, that's fair comment and just adds to the debate.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 08:13:11 AM
Smartass! Anyway, that's fair comment and just adds to the debate.
"Thank yeeewww!"  ;D

Hollow Man

Fuck, Art does have pneumonia. You were right, Batty. COPD and pneumonia? Goddamnit! That fucking sucks. Yeah, this is bad. Man, I'm fucking pissed...

Hang in there, motherfucker, you'll get through this horseshit. You're a gritty, tough son of a bitch, no doubt about it. You've gotten through lots of other shit in the past that could sink a lesser man, and you'll get through this mess too. Just don't overdose on the politics; ain't good for your health. Take care, man.  ;)

[Been away a few days; only now able to post, so I'm just catching up, FYI...]

Hollow Man

Quote from: coaster on July 03, 2016, 06:51:12 PM
Art posted a video on his fb. I just realized he has some stupid fucking people as friends. Jesus Christ fucking a dildo...Some of these fucks say some retarded shit.

What? I just saw a bunch of well-wishers. Did I scroll too quickly or something?

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 08:04:16 AM
I don't have in-depth knowledge of the scene over there, but the majority of the women I can think of who get to high office, of various kinds, find themselves being criticised for one thing or another, usually their looks or their private lives. Condoleeza Rice (dyke), Hillary (shrew, dyke, corrupt). Janet Reno (big dyke). I'd be surprised if many women escaped being shredded in one of those ways. Bill Clinton has  been widely criticised, but it never felt crudely personal, at least to me, and most men escape that kind of attack...

Unless they are gay. The sub-text behind the criticism of Rubio was that he is secretly gay, so we got all sorts of innuendo about foam parties and so on. That's not a million miles from the kind of stuff I am talking about with female politicians.

I don't know enough about Dukakis to comment, but I think the flak he caught was that he was just a typical leftie who would let out rapists on the streets given half a chance. That's just typical political rhetoric and not the same kind of thing I was talking about.

I know that there will always be a tendency to caricature people, especially these days, but it just seems to me that women get it worse than men usually.

I am shocked, shocked! to find misogyny on Bellgab!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on July 06, 2016, 10:03:08 AM

Think of this place as like the  better sort of golf club, where women are only allowed in if they are carrying a mop or a feather duster.

Now, run along, dear!

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 10:12:50 AM
Think of this place as like the  better sort of golf club, where women are only allowed in if they are carrying a mop or a feather duster.

Now, run along, dear!

... and wearing a French maid outfit

ItsOver

That's how MV likes 'em.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on July 06, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
... and wearing a French maid outfit

True, we can relax the 'no chicks' rule when it comes to hiring a few 'artistic dancers' for the Christmas party. In the same way that we got round the fox-hunting ban by smearing a few asylum-seekers with dog food and releasing them a few minutes before the hounds. Not only was it splendid fun, but it was also a low-cost way of dealing with the immigration problem

Hollow Man

Quote from: TigerLily on July 06, 2016, 10:03:08 AM

Eh, most of it is just gnooryblows posts. Like, all of them, LOL.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 10:25:56 AM
True, we can relax the 'no chicks' rule when it comes to hiring a few 'artistic dancers' for the Christmas party. In the same way that we got round the fox-hunting ban by smearing a few asylum-seekers with dog food and releasing them a few minutes before the hounds. Not only was it splendid fun, but it was also a low-cost way of dealing with the immigration problem

I understand children get a longer head start proving the British principle of fair play

Kolchak

Attacking Art on his politics while he could very well be on his death bed. You people are the worst. Yeah, he brought up politics but he can. He's in the hospital in pain. You, on the other hand...Somewhere typing whilst you fiddle with your diddle.

Debating politics is still better than the charlatans on his Facebook statuses urging him to consult herbal healers and homeopaths.

Hollow Man

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2016, 10:12:50 AM

Now, run along, dear!

I don't know why a woman would even want to be in a golf club. Fuck, I don't want to be in a golf club. I hate the whole damn sport; I never saw the appeal to it. Always seemed like the refuge of boring, impotent cucks that couldn't get a woman off if their life depended on it.

I think this prettymuch sums it up. Take it away, George:

https://youtu.be/Z4w7H48tBS8

TigerLily

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 06, 2016, 10:38:46 AM
Eh, most of it is just gnooryblows posts. Like, all of them, LOL.

If only that were true

Hollow Man

Quote from: Kolchak on July 06, 2016, 10:39:30 AM
Debating politics is still better than the charlatans on his Facebook statuses urging him to consult herbal healers and homeopaths.

Oh, I see. So Art's in the goddamn hospital with COPD AND FUCKING PNEUMONIA, and some butthurt little bitch is whining because he made a FB post joking about being on his deathbed [just joking, he's not being "all dramatic" now, you little pricks ;D} and about his disike for Hillary, but because he voted for Obama in '08 and likes Trump now he can't say that? He pulls that shit now? LOL. Fucking weak. I gotta say, though, he's been on this kick for weeks now, haha. It must really bug him. I guess Art's supposed to care or something?

Sorry, people, but that's our politics. I know people who voted Shrub in 2000 who grew to hate his fucking guts, many of them. Same with Barry. Most people are just like Art with that. It's Blue Team vs. Red Team, your choice.

As far as people on his facebook page goes I really don't give a fuck one way or another, but at least they're not whining to him about useless fucking horseshit just because Ted Cruz lost the goddamn primary. Cry me a river....  ::)

CornyCrow

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2016, 06:18:48 AM
Well, there is this IG report.  As the Secretary of State, she WAS the person in charge of the State Department. 
The Secretary of State is the first Cabinet official in the order of precedence and in the presidential line of succession.  The President was effectively her boss.  Remember she was ALSO a Clinton. ;)  There is also a Federal CIO, who's suppose to maintain effective information security and privacy controls across the Federal Government but it's primarily a position that sets policy, which each separate agency should be implementing.  The position is appointed directly by POTUS.

"A State Department watchdog concluded that Hillary Clinton failed to comply with the agency’s policies on records while using a personal email server that was not â€" and, officials say, would never have been â€" approved by agency officials, according to a report released to lawmakers on Wednesday.
The long-awaited findings from the State Department inspector general, which also revealed Clinton expressing reluctance about using an official email account, were shared with Capitol Hill Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by POLITICO. The report detailed how some employees who questioned the wisdom of the homegrown setup were told to stop asking questions, and the audit confirmed apparent hacking attempts on the private server."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-email-inspector-general-report-223553#ixzz4Dd6d2aoy
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Well that's my point.  Clinton could resist all she wanted, but someone who knows more than her of computers and security should have been putting the brakes on - and reporting to the President if she was practicing something that would breach security. 

I find it very hard to believe that the President did not know of this when it was occurring and if it were allowed to continue, he was responsible for allowing it to.  Maybe they were both hiding something?  Who knows?  And now that she was a good little trooper in taking the responsibility, he is starting to campaign for her. 

That's just my imagination going, but there could be more to this than the superficial story that we've been told.  Not that we'll ever know Hillary.

Quote from: gabrielle on July 05, 2016, 05:47:24 PM
I could see Art's facebook....this was posted 2 hrs ago.

From ART's facebook:
Should I Die, as a last favor for me, for God's sake DO NOT vote for Hillary. This whole abortion today was beyond pathetic. As somebody on FOX said the FBI Director looked like a Drug Mule standing in front of a Customs inspector.

That's just the drugs talking, Art.

ItsOver

Quote from: Segundus on July 06, 2016, 12:58:03 PM

...I find it very hard to believe that the President did not know of this when it was occurring and if it were allowed to continue, he was responsible for allowing it to. 
Hmmm... you think.  ;)  As for anyone else in the State Department, telling Mrs. Clinton "No!  You can't do that," uh huh.  ;D

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2016, 08:10:49 AM

Trump is a whiny little bitch.  Nothing more.

PaulAtreides

Art's neither on his death bed nor in any pain.  Unless he's in some real cat and dog doc in a box clinic in Pahrump.  Heather just needs something to cry over and take up dead (no pun intended) air time.

Jackstar

Attacking Art on his politics while he could very well be on his death bed. You people are the worst.

I don't think a person without a spine has any politics. I wouldn't worry about it.

PaulAtreides

Will all of you Hillary hating right wing fundy ass cracker wannabe lawyers learn to distinguish sloppy, incompetent, blah, blah, blah from criminal. 

Quote from: PaulAtreides on July 06, 2016, 01:22:08 PM
Will all of you Hillary hating right wing fundy ass cracker wannabe lawyers learn to distinguish sloppy, incompetent, blah, blah, blah from criminal.

That's called gross negligence you stupid water-headed twat.

And many times gross negligence is just as bad as criminal.

But either way, Hillary probably cannot even qualify for a security clearance now... so no idea how she is even still able to run for Pres.  That ho is less trustworthy than your average street hooker.