• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 21, 2016, 06:24:08 PM
It's clear to me that Art likes the idea of hosting a show full time, but shortly into it he remembers why he quits doing it in the first place.  He's done this twice in the past two years, first with Dark Matter and now Midnight.  Realizing his reputation is one of a 'serial quitter', a legacy he doesn't much care for, to his mind he needs to make up some story - in which he plays the hero of course - in order to not take heat from his listeners for quitting again.  The reasons get more dramatic, but less believable.  It would have been nice if after the recent fallout he'd learned to be more upfront about his plans, but it doesn't appear that he has.

He's apparently now planning to do what he should have done on his comeback two years ago - doing a show once or twice a week.  It took him a long time to figure this out, and the nonsense about a 'stalker' cost him a considerable amount of credibility.  The part about Heather is a sideshow, she's useful to him to keep the show going while he dithers, everything he does is about himself and his ego.
Exactly this.

ge30542

Tonight, Girl Noory's guests are 2 guys talking about Fracking. This is exactly the kind of guests I enjoyed Art having. He would really get in depth on a topic, and I would love to have probing questions asked on the subject. Questions which I seriously doubt will be asked tonight.

cweb

Quote from: ge30542 on March 21, 2016, 08:28:51 PM
Tonight, Girl Noory's guests are 2 guys talking about Fracking.
I hear that tonight's actually half of a two-parter. Tomorrow's show is on Fricking.

The booking got dyslexic.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: cweb on March 21, 2016, 08:33:51 PM
I hear that tonight's actually half of a two-parter. Tomorrow's show is on Fricking.

The booking got dyslexic.

I think you're confused. There are two guests on tonight. One is going to talk about fricking, the other fracking. Fair and balanced. Heather's a pro!  :)

Hog

Quote from: The King of Kings on March 21, 2016, 05:07:55 PM
So now Art is saying someone fired a gun at him, according to the linked Ham Radio podcast he appeared on?

He also said he would be back on to host the show once a week instead of five since at his age hosting the show five nights a week is too much.  This seemingly contradicts what Art said on the bellgab podcast from what I remember where he said he wants to be back full time and only the threat of the stalker is stopping him.

Also, Art started the show 9 months ago.  This isn't a great deal of time yet he is telling an interviewer that hosting the show is too much for him at his age.

This only reinforces the stalker was fictitious, and for whatever reason that Heather was always going to wind up hosting.
You are not remembering things correctly.

1)  Art always said that someone shot a gun in a manner concerning to his safety at his house in Pahrump. Art stated that he was also shot at in a different incident "We had a problem here,  we had somebody who either did not want me on the air or has a personal grudge and a took a shot at me, it was kind of discouraging I dont like getting shot at, I had that experience when I was young and that was enough for me".

2)On the Bellgab podcast Art stated that he wouldnt be coming back to a full schedule.

There were no contradictions IMO, only support that Art may be doing more shows (1 or 2 a week) rather than every so often.

I did notice that the interviewer told Art that he "WAS a Time Traveller" for MITD as in no longer a paying member.

peace
Hog

Quote from: Hog on March 21, 2016, 08:43:15 PM
You are not remembering things correctly.

1)  Art always said that someone shot a gun in a manner concerning to his safety at his house in Pahrump. Art stated that he was also shot at in a different incident "We had a problem here,  we had somebody who either did not want me on the air or has a personal grudge and a took a shot at me, it was kind of discouraging I dont like getting shot at, I had that experience when I was young and that was enough for me".

2)On the Bellgab podcast Art stated that he wouldnt be coming back to a full schedule.

There were no contradictions IMO, only support that Art may be doing more shows (1 or 2 a week) rather than every so often.

I did notice that the interviewer told Art that he "WAS a Time Traveller" for MITD as in no longer a paying member.

peace
Hog

The first incident occurred when a neighbor of Art's contacted police after hearing gunshots go off around their property and then the neighbor hearing someone drive off.  Art, nor his wife heard these gunshots.  Art chose to believe the gunfire was directed at him.  No shells were discovered, nor were there any gun holes on his property.

The second "gun fire" incident occurred when Art was on his way to his studio located on his property but not connected to his house.  According to Art's statement to the police he heard something that could have been sound of gun fire or a firecracker.  Art stated he didn't see anything.

There is nothing in the police report, nor any evidence to find that someone was shooting at Art, or someone fired a gun at Art.

This is all Art's speculation and is devoid of any evidence.

Secondly, my point about Art on the gabcast was he said he would still be on air at his same schedule if not for this supposed stalker, which contradicts what Art says on the Ham Radio Podcast where he says hosting five nights a week is too much for him, which kind of makes you think why he even came back to host a radio show if he knew it was going to be five nights a week.  It's only been 8-9 months since Art debuted on MITD.

JesusJuice

I wish that this stalker would get caught so that Art can come back and host again.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Hollow Man on March 21, 2016, 12:35:00 PM
Never said you were. I was just pointing out that cute little dig you made at Heather, that's all. And that's what it was: a disingenuous, passive-aggressive little dig completely lacking in even the least bit of sincerity whatsoever, simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less. That's got nothing to do with some "job" you're supposed to perform. You think she's a piece of shit. Just say so, then, and stop being cute about it.

BTW, nobody's ever tried to "keep you out" of the HW thread, either; that was your neurosis. There's no fucking "Heather Police" suppressing dissent; you wanna post, then post. Or is this all about you not wanting to deal with people who actually, uh, disagree with you because it annoys you THAT much? You act like we're a bunch of rabid chimps ripping peoples' faces off. Let me guess: you think we're too mean to Donald Noory, right? Tough shit, he's got it coming. LOL. I don't know why you would want to identify with that faggot to the point of staying away, but that's your problem. Here's a hint: don't act like Donald Noory. There, problem solved.  ;)

Bwahahaha. Do you suffer from severe mental retardation?

BettyO417

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on March 20, 2016, 07:41:47 PM
Well, we are talking $5 bucks here and it takes about 30 seconds to sign up and 30 seconds to cancel if need be. I would support the show if Art does a show once or hopefully twice a week....Your mileage may vary.

Quote from: Segundus on March 20, 2016, 06:23:32 PM
I wouldn't.  Fool me once . . .

Ditto! No way, no way, no way..... >:(

BettyO417

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 20, 2016, 08:00:19 PM
Knapp Night tonight.

Hi GravitySucks! It was a great show last night! Knapp "gets it"! 😊

Donald Noory

Quote from: Hollow Man on March 21, 2016, 01:22:17 PM
LOL.What do I disagree with? Everything. Fact is, if Art had just completely disowned the show, the show would have been dead, period. He also wanted to be able to return at some point. Yeah, Art started off saying he was done for good, but a few days later he came to his senses and changed his mind. That's even regardless as to whether you buy into the stalker or not. It was a bad business move, plain and simple. To whatever extent you believe the story, there are two basic reasons why he did it this way:

1. Art still wanted to keep some avenues open so that he could return at some point, regardless of the context or thinking behind that decision [depending on what you believe; that's a seperate issue].
2. Disassociating himself from the show entirely would have killed it. Like you said, alot of the people still subscribed to it do so because they hope Art will return; I agree. It was bad for business, thus he didn't [or, perhaps, rather, reversed having done so]. Not to mention the fact that I think Keith would have given up altogether and quit if he'd done this. Hell, even now Art hasn't totally left it. To do so would be the death knell, plain and simple.

I think Art genuinely believes in her and strongly disagrees with anybody who doesn't. It's really that simple. He's also a stubborn son of a bitch who wants to stick it to alot of trolls he despises and who resents all of the nasty shit people on here have said about her, like calling her a whore, sex grunts, getting up into her wormhole, sticking a flaming sword up her twat, etc etc- shit that goes WAY above the sort of criticism alot of people around here. I think he also believed that letting Heather take the helm was actually a tribute to Bellgab, a sign of his deep respect of it and an act of good faith on his part. Afterall, who better than a devoted Bellgabber who loves the paranormal and what Art does, and his producer to boot? Fuck, if that didn't backfire. Goddamn. LOL.

Why are you so peevish? Try to look on the bright side of life. If Art ever wants someone to suck his ass, you'll be at the top of the list.

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 21, 2016, 09:53:21 PM
I wish that this stalker would get caught so that Art can come back and host again.

I agree. I'm tired of having to listen to the first few seconds of the show every night to see if Art is hosting or not. :/

I say we tar and feather the sunuvabitch stalker when/if he gets caught for subjecting us to the torture of Heather Wade for the past few months.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on March 21, 2016, 06:44:53 PM
Has Heather ever revealed where she's broadcasting from.  Is it somewhere in California?
Art nailed the mysterious atmosphere with his Kingdom of Nye location.  With Heather, she could be broadcasting from her closet, for all the difference it would make.
I think she referred to a desert area of California?

JesusJuice

She said she was from Merced, California. It's on her LinkedIn. When you look at the address that comes up in Google Maps via her White Page it's clearly not in the desert. So the title of the show is a lie now.

Dateline

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 22, 2016, 12:38:51 AM
She said she was from Merced, California. It's on her LinkedIn. When you look at the address that comes up in Google Maps via her White Page it's clearly not in the desert. So the title of the show is a lie now.

Yes we continue to be duped.

Ciardelo

Are you saying that it is not midnight all over? Why wouldn't it be midnight in the desert when it is midnight everywhere else?

JesusJuice

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 22, 2016, 12:53:07 AM
Are you saying that it is not midnight all over? Why wouldn't it be midnight in the desert when it is midnight everywhere else?

It needs to be midnight at some point and in the desert where the show originates from.

akwilly

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 22, 2016, 12:55:27 AM

It needs to be midnight at some point and in the desert where the show originates from.
maybe she just has allot of sand tracked into her studio.

ge30542

WOTR

Quote from: bobo17 on March 19, 2016, 02:25:51 PM
Heather quit and quit NOW
You are horrible.
I will consider becoming more vocal and pubic if i get a large enough response to put my friendship with Art in jeopardy.

I have known him for years, since grade school,  i am sure if enough bell gabbers reply to my message he will get the message and have this clown show shut down.

Thanks for this public service Bobo.  I have know Art for decades, and he speaks very highly of you, often times even repeating some witty story that you told him the evening prior.  I recall meeting you at Arts graduation.  My, what fun we all had! 

After that, was it Art's wedding when we next met?  And what a fashion faux pas!  Baby blue, double breasted suit with a pastel pink shirt, paisley tie and the infamous "blue suede shoes"... But Art and Ramona did forgive you for it.  After all, it could just be blamed on the decade.  I know that Art always considers you to be cool headed and somebody who offers sage advice.  Don't wait for us to talk you into speaking with Art.  I will talk with him next time I am at his place (this is something best done face to face during our many visits.)  I would encourage you to do the same thing.  Make that trip to Paharump.  I know that Art always says how he misses seeing you...

Now that we have that out of the way...

Quote from: bobo17 on December 12, 2015, 01:47:48 PM
Bye Bellgab world
I was going to go through your tired schtick and quote your posts for the last couple of months (really, aside from telling us all that you are a founding member of Bellgab with no history and stating that you are unaware of who MV is you have contributed nothing.  Oh, and you have a hard-on for Heather...)

Instead, I ran across this and figure that you may just be waiting for us to acknowledge you. Auf wiedersehen.  Wave bye-bye to Bellgab Bobo.   ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxjwb5cXTI0

venix

Stalk much?

Wonderlust

It's become apparent that All of Art's bullshit is about keeping Heather in the big man's seat.

All he does is dangle the carrot......Art needs to drop his  name from MITD , or make a commitment . He can't have it both ways.....

venix

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 22, 2016, 02:42:28 AM

Google searches =/ stalking

In this context and the way you parade it around like she's committed a crime and take glee in reporting it then yeah pretty much dude you're a stalker.

JesusJuice

Quote from: venix on March 22, 2016, 02:46:15 AM
In this context and the way you parade it around like she's committed a crime and take glee in reporting it then yeah pretty much dude you're a stalker.

The show is called Midnight In The Desert. She's not in the desert. The show is a lie.

Wonderlust

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 22, 2016, 02:49:43 AM

The show is called Midnight In The Desert. She's not in the desert. The show is a lie.

Lost respect for Art......he's been feeding lots of lies when you think about it.

WOTR

Quote from: Wonderlust on March 22, 2016, 02:54:14 AM

Lost respect for Art......he's been feeding lots of lies when you think about it.

And I happen to know for a fact that it is not broadcast at midnight if you are listening live in Europe... What a two faced liar.

JesusJuice

Quote from: WOTR on March 22, 2016, 03:14:58 AM
And I happen to know for a fact that it is not broadcast at midnight if you are listening live in Europe... What a two faced liar.

Midnight in the Desert refers to where the show originates and not where each listener lives, you fucking momo!

WOTR

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 22, 2016, 03:18:56 AM

Midnight in the Desert refers to where the show originates and not where each listener lives, you fucking momo!
Thanks.  I was not aware of that.  Being as we are going to peruse this pointless argument, I think that I will take the stance that it does, indeed refer to where each listener lives.  I also do not live in the desert, and am doubly insulted by the lies.

At some point, when you are upset over where a show is broadcast from vs. the name of the show you may have to ask yourself a few questions (particularly when you know the history and that it did originate in that location.) 

As for RCH- the OTHER side of midnight?  It starts this side of midnight and continues through this side of midnight.  If it were the other side of midnight, the show would have to take place hours earlier...  And then I would make the same argument, only in reverse.  Better that he just calls it "this side of midnight" to keep me happy and avoid lying.

It's been fun- but I have had my shots of espresso and it is bed time now...

JesusJuice

Quote from: WOTR on March 22, 2016, 03:38:35 AM
Thanks.  I was not aware of that.  Being as we are going to peruse this pointless argument, I think that I will take the stance that it does, indeed refer to where each listener lives.  I also do not live in the desert, and am doubly insulted by the lies.

At some point, when you are upset over where a show is broadcast from vs. the name of the show you may have to ask yourself a few questions (particularly when you know the history and that it did originate in that location.) 

As for RCH- the OTHER side of midnight?  It starts this side of midnight and continues through this side of midnight.  If it were the other side of midnight, the show would have to take place hours earlier...  And then I would make the same argument, only in reverse.  Better that he just calls it "this side of midnight" to keep me happy and avoid lying.

It's been fun- but I have had my shots of espresso and it is bed time now...

Pahrump is in the middle of the fucking desert and the show ends at midnight hence the title Midnight In The Desert.

RCH is in New Mexico in the Mountain Time Zone which indeed puts the start of his show on The Other Side Of Midnight.

Heather doesn't not live in the desert but rather a low income housing complex in Merced, California. Her show does end at midnight. We simply need to retitle her show. And it is her show now according to Art and she needs to make it her own.

Let's brainstorm here. Midnight In The [x]. In the what? Midnight In The H.U.D.? Midnight In The Closet? She used to do her previous job from her closet.  Let's do this. Let's brainstorm and rename her show.