• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

TigerLily

Quote from: Faustina on October 08, 2017, 12:07:26 AM
Richard Syrett speaks more naturally and he's a good interviewer.  Jimmy sometimes talks as if the listeners are all very, very young and not very smart besides.

Have you listened to the callers?

Quote from: TigerLily on October 09, 2017, 12:05:15 AM
Have you listened to the callers?

The caliber of callers to C2C has declined exponentially since dimbulb took over, I can't even force myself to listen anymore regardless of host. Once the lines are open I turn the radio off unless I'm already mercifully unconscious.

ShayP

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 07, 2017, 11:13:11 PM
Is it just me or is Richard Syrett about a billion times less-irritating than Iffy Snurch?

Syrett is really good.  He definitely grew on me over time.

ShayP

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 09, 2017, 12:07:39 PM
The caliber of callers to C2C has declined exponentially since dimbulb took over, I can't even force myself to listen anymore regardless of host. Once the lines are open I turn the radio off unless I'm already mercifully unconscious.

The vast majority are ass-kissers.  Half are the same callers you hear daily.  Noory has done a good job of sheltering himself from criticism from the everyday folk who just want to make one call and get their question or point across.  Even if a one in a million random caller mentions something he doesn't care for, or gives a constructive criticism, he jettisons them or doesn't let them finish.

chefist

Ran across this pic of a woman named " Eleanor Dumont: from the, "wild west". Remind you of anyone?

This is not a photoshop. How many "portals" has GN crossed?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51726/6-wild-women-wild-west

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on October 06, 2017, 11:00:40 PM
The album is going to be entitled "I Have A Standing Date With a Bar Stool, So I Won't Be Stood Up."

Correction, that is going to be the first release.  The album is "Happy Hours."
That's odd.  At this computer, your curvaceousness is still there!

Dateline

Quote from: Jojo on October 09, 2017, 03:22:20 PM
That's odd.  At this computer, your curvaceousness is still there!

Somehow, I have regained my curves.  I must be curvaceous for my true full-figure to be visible.  I looked like I had been on a diet and lost weight in all of the wrong places.  You know when some one with a full-figure face looses all of the weight there and the cheeks start to sag or you loose weight in the back or front, and not in the belly. 

Parris001

Quote from: ShayP on October 09, 2017, 12:38:30 PM
The vast majority are ass-kissers.  Half are the same callers you hear daily.  Noory has done a good job of sheltering himself from criticism from the everyday folk who just want to make one call and get their question or point across.  Even if a one in a million random caller mentions something he doesn't care for, or gives a constructive criticism, he jettisons them or doesn't let them finish.

If you're not willing to toss George's salad........... you can't be on the show.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on October 09, 2017, 12:33:15 PM
Syrett is really good.  He definitely grew on me over time.
He is a Canadian so would be too polite to criticize Norry, who sucks. Syrett is growing on me also and it is fun to hear his reaction to the events that happen in a large, multicultural, diverse country with lots of drugs, guns and crazy people. Especially when he takes callers or hears the grand conspiracy theories about violent and horrible events and crimes or when the caller casually mentions that his "boss-wife-family-coworkers-pick your person" thinks "he needs meds" or "be committed." To these callers you hear him saying things like "good lord" under his breath.

Parris001

Quote from: albrecht on October 09, 2017, 05:47:29 PM
He is a Canadian so would be too polite to criticize Norry, who sucks. Syrett is growing on me also and it is fun to hear his reaction to the events that happen in a large, multicultural, diverse country with lots of drugs, guns and crazy people. Especially when he takes callers or hears the grand conspiracy theories about violent and horrible events and crimes or when the caller casually mentions that his "boss-wife-family-coworkers-pick your person" thinks "he needs meds" or "be committed." To these callers you hear him saying things like "good lord" under his breath.

Richard cracks me up. I love his delivery.

Juan Cena

Quote from: chefist on October 09, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Ran across this pic of a woman named " Eleanor Dumont: from the, "wild west". Remind you of anyone?

Dave has never entered a woman’s “portal”

diowulf

Quote from: albrecht on October 09, 2017, 05:47:29 PM

Syrett is the best to me. He has a pretty good show called the conspiracy show you can find on YouTube. He is going back to his old format on there, which was better I think. I really really like Syrett. How about the caller the other night on his Nikola Tesla show, that went on a big rant about the band Tesla lol

diowulf

Last night a caller offered to purchase the land to build a "Coast to Coast University" in Virginia. George then said he wanted to talk to a university about students getting credit for listening to the show.

WOW JUST WOW

albrecht

Quote from: diowulf on October 10, 2017, 11:41:23 AM
Syrett is the best to me. He has a pretty good show called the conspiracy show you can find on YouTube. He is going back to his old format on there, which was better I think. I really really like Syrett. How about the caller the other night on his Nikola Tesla show, that went on a big rant about the band Tesla lol
Yeah that was hilarious. I never knew anybody so invested in that band. Hilarious how the caller went on and on about his personal boycott until a member comes back and when finally Guest was clueless/commentless and Syrett said that he will try to get Tesla into the bumper music next time.

albrecht

Quote from: diowulf on October 10, 2017, 11:43:26 AM
Last night a caller offered to purchase the land to build a "Coast to Coast University" in Virginia. George then said he wanted to talk to a university about students getting credit for listening to the show.

WOW JUST WOW
Norry has mentioned before about how listeners should be able to 'get a degree' because of his show and they are so smart. But an actual physical university, as opposed to the mail-order and online ones where so many guests get their "degrees?!" That is a new one. Norry could also base that "Foundation" there. You remember- the one he was going to set up to help out listeners who are ill, down on their luck, disabled, unemployed etc? He promised it years ago.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on October 09, 2017, 04:37:41 PM
Somehow, I have regained my curves.  I must be curvaceous for my true full-figure to be visible.  I looked like I had been on a diet and lost weight in all of the wrong places.  You know when some one with a full-figure face looses all of the weight there and the cheeks start to sag or you loose weight in the back or front, and not in the belly. 
You look voluprapturous, as GN would say!

diowulf

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 11:49:05 AM
Norry has mentioned before about how listeners should be able to 'get a degree' because of his show and they are so smart. But an actual physical university, as opposed to the mail-order and online ones where so many guests get their "degrees?!" That is a new one. Norry could also base that "Foundation" there. You remember- the one he was going to set up to help out listeners who are ill, down on their luck, disabled, unemployed etc? He promised it years ago.

I did and he actually said about a month ago that they had just finally gotten the tax forms completed for the foundation in response to a caller asking about it. Hilarious! Ol George fighting the good fight, but struggling against a sea of red tape. He didn't give a time table but said there was just more than people knew getting these things set up. I wonder when he'll finally get it off the ground. Probably about a week after his final show. Dang too bad

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on October 09, 2017, 01:13:52 PM

Ha, yes, Eleanor has popped-up on BG before.  At first, I thought it was Ziznak photoshop.  Ziz may have included it in some of his brilliant Snorge artistry, though.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: diowulf on October 10, 2017, 03:01:59 PM
I did and he actually said about a month ago that they had just finally gotten the tax forms completed for the foundation in response to a caller asking about it. Hilarious! Ol George fighting the good fight, but struggling against a sea of red tape. He didn't give a time table but said there was just more than people knew getting these things set up. I wonder when he'll finally get it off the ground. Probably about a week after his final show. Dang too bad

George always prefaced the foundation, or at least the handing out of money to those in need, on making money from his "TV show" on that sketchy TV network.  I watched one (free) episode and it was God awful, a paranormal "Fernwood Tonight" kinda thing.  I can't believe they make money on it, but I suppose that's a function of how the bean counters cook the books.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 10, 2017, 03:41:40 PM
George always prefaced the foundation, or at least the handing out of money to those in need, on making money from his "TV show" on that sketchy TV network.  I watched one (free) episode and it was God awful, a paranormal "Fernwood Tonight" kinda thing.  I can't believe they make money on it, but I suppose that's a function of how the bean counters cook the books.
But I assume Norry isn't going for a satire or comedy of talk show with his "tv show." Speaking of his show- you mean you don't attend all those parties people are having? You know where you can uh put the show on your flatscreen and watch it?

I think, somehow, much of paranormal, UFO, new agey, etc is like its own economy. They all seem to be on each other's shows, hawk the same kinds of supplements, attend the same conferences, have sideline shows and operations, and so on. But money can't simply circulate among them so somebody is buying and subscribing. I have no idea who?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 03:46:44 PM
But I assume Norry isn't going for a satire or comedy of talk show with his "tv show." Speaking of his show- you mean you don't attend all those parties people are having? You know where you can uh put the show on your flatscreen and watch it?

I think, somehow, much of paranormal, UFO, new agey, etc is like its own economy. They all seem to be on each other's shows, hawk the same kinds of supplements, attend the same conferences, have sideline shows and operations, and so on. But money can't simply circulate among them so somebody is buying and subscribing. I have no idea who?

Hate to admit it, but more than likely people like Annie from Alabama and Cornelius. Thomas from LaJolla plans to spend all his money on books. Does that count?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 03:46:44 PM

"Fernwood" featured an incompetent host, a cheesy set, and dubious guests; that describes George's TV show from what I saw.  A viewing party?  Yeah, I'd do that just for giggles, much like I did when I attended a local UFO group's meetings back in the day.

Your comment about money circulating among paranormal hucksters reminds me of the classic "Bevis and Butthead" episode where they sold each other multiple chocolate bars, paying with the same one dollar bill each time.  And yes, it's hard to imagine George's show is turning a profit.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 10, 2017, 05:57:43 PM
much like I did when I attended a local UFO group's meetings back in the day.

Any good stories, or was it the usual woo?

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsOver on October 10, 2017, 03:31:15 PM
Ha, yes, Eleanor has popped-up on BG before.  At first, I thought it was Ziznak photoshop.  Ziz may have included it in some of his brilliant Snorge artistry, though.
Here's a "classhic" Eleanor-inspired Ziznak.  Chuckle...

Tax forms?  So now it's about being a tax write off for him?

I thought it was about sending money to people who needed it - you can do that without tax forms and creating a charibable non-profit corporation.  Let's say he comes across some deserving person, someone he'd give a few bucks to if the non-profit was set up and functioning - what's he tell the guy, ''sorry, we're still working on getting the tax forms''?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 10, 2017, 06:24:36 PM
Any good stories, or was it the usual woo?

I've told some of the stories here before on various threads, like the little old lady in tennis shoes who insisted on calling every sighting "the spaceship".  I think I also related how a number of the group tended to exaggerate their jobs/educational backgrounds to make themselves seem more credible. The guy who headed the group called himself a "scientist", but he was in fact an elementary school science teacher.  One of "lead investigators" said he was in law enforcement, but he was a rent-a-cop.  All in all a well meaning, enthusiastic bunch with delusions of adequacy.

Parris001

I was so disappointed that George was back on the air last night. I was hoping he'd fought another round with Totino's pizza rolls and they'd gotten the better of him.

I think every venture George goes into is a money loser. Sure wish his ass could somehow get kicked off C2C. What a bloviated hack.............

WOTR

I did and he actually said about a month ago that they had just finally gotten the tax forms completed for the foundation in response to a caller asking about it. Hilarious! Ol George fighting the good fight, but struggling against a sea of red tape.
I think I know the problems he ran up against... " Think of Form 1023 as an IRS examination. Instead of an audit of a tax return, the 501(c)(3) application process is more like an audit of proposed (and/or previous) activity. It is a thorough examination of the organization’s governing structure, purpose and planned programs. The IRS is looking to make sure that the organization is formed for exclusively 501(c)(3) purposes and that its programs are designed to fulfill these stated purposes."

He actually had to write down his stated purpose.  I'm guessing that the IRS did not accept the submission when he said he "wants to look like a good guy to his listeners" or even the follow up that he was hoping to "occasionally give away a few dollars to people he feels are deserving."  His third filing that he was "hoping to find a way to reduce his taxes" probably did not fly either.  I'm guessing that a Pemrat lawyer finally filled in the questions for him...