• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mars Landings - ARE BULLSHIT

Started by elbee, August 12, 2012, 04:30:27 AM

elbee

Taken from a thread on GLP

I am an Aerospace Engineer, and I am dubious of NASA as well. They wanted to hire me about 10 years ago (called me out of the blue), but I told them where to go, mainly because I don't buy the moon landings, and think they are dishonest. Most people don't realize it, but almost ALL SCIENTISTS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN HIGH-PAID GOVT WELFARE RECIPIENTS. Did a scientist ever do anything for you personally? Would you actually pay one to do something for you? Probably not.

Things I question off the top of my head are:

1. Where is the evidence of this "space crane" technoglogy being tested on Earth? Or do they just make things in a NASA shop, knowing they do perfect work, 1st time, every time? Sorry, but I don't know of any engineers that are so genius that they could make a "space crane", and gamble several BILLION dollars on it, knowing it was 100% functional and fail-safe on a foreign planet without testing because they are such perfect and all-knowing engineers. I can't imagine this being done without long-term testing, bug-fixing, etc. I know how difficult it was just to engineer the "jet pack" for flying a man around for a few minutes, and it wasn't done without years and years of extensive testing and re-development.

2. Do you realize how much FUEL would be required to bring a falling object in a near vaccuum (Martian atmosphere) to a grinding halt, when it's velocity is 10's of 1000's of miles per hour? Do you realize how much FUEL it took to get the thing out of earth orbit and into space travel velocity? Well, it wouldn't take much less to wind back that energy to zero, parachute or not. Even if only 10% of the fuel to get the rocket going, that is still a significant amount of fuel, and from the artist's rendition of the crane I saw, I don't see 10% of the rocket fuel in that thing.

Think of parachutes used in land-speed setting records - they are very tiny, because if they try to slow something down quickly by exerting significant force, they would rip to shreds, regardless of what fancy materials they used. I haven't seen many photos or any videos, but a large parachute would mean very little resistance.

Forgetting the parachute for a moment (because of the lack of Martian atmosphere), think of the rockets required to lower a 3-ton supersized SUV down to earth from space (or to put one into space - almost the same amount of energy, forgetting air resistance). Don't think "airplane", because that is a completely different set of physics and elements. Only think "rocket", like your fireworks.

I don't buy into this at this time. I am not saying it is fake, because I don't have all the necessary data and information on the project, but any engineer that buys into this fully at this point, based on their actual knowledge, would be a complete moron. I also have questions concerning micro-meteorites, which literally flood space, and they would not burn up slamming into Mars, which attracts them and concentrates them from it's gravity. And no, I do not think we went to the moon with men, no way. The Russians sent a dog or something up there, and it came back fried, but I don't want to get into that here.

Nobody should take "insider's word" for it. Satellites and other objects we send into space are either a) in low earth orbit where they are sheltered and protected, or b) they perform for a short time (several days), or c) they have very heavy shields and carry no heavy fuel tanks. Outside of Earth, the environment is extremely hostile. People are overly impressed with silly electronic gadgets as their concept of technology, but real engineering is not so simple as developing the next Ipad, especially engineering things for beyond Earth orbit.

analog kid

When bin Laden was doing his videos outdoors, geologists were able to pinpoint his location only by the rocks that were surrounding him, so Al Qaeda starting doing all their videos indoors thereafter. Faking an image such as the one below, would be impossible then, wouldn't it?

ziznak

They also looked at the plants and even brought in an ornithologist to listen to the bird calls from the audio in the Bin Laden vids.  I'm not so sure about how easy it would be to go on just the geology but I'm no geologist.  The ground in the pic above looks like your run of the mill gravelly dirt road to me. 

I really can't see why "THEY", the "illuminati", or whoever the diabolical organization is behind things would go through all the trouble to lie about this shit.  We aren't in a race with the Russians to Mars are we?

Anybody catch the Morpheus robot blow up in testing?  Reading the post above in particular the part about fuel inconsistencies kinda made me think about it.  Morpheus blows up a few times and burns for much of this 15 min video.  When I watched it the first time a few days ago I remember thinking to myself "Damn what the hell kinda gas do they put in these things?"

Morpheus lander first free flight and failure in HD

oh wait a minute heres another one... its a drop test for the sky crane deployment thingy... it's the only test vid I can find for curiousity... oh and bonus there's a hottie science chick hosting it.

Curiosity Landing System Drop Test NASA

McPhallus

Not sure who the original poster of that message was, but he sounds a bit like a nerd with Internet muscles.  He seems to have a grudge against scientists and a need to distinguish "real" engineers (i.e., himself) from other, lesser engineers (I've known a few engineers, and many of them are like that).  Does he really have a firm grasp of the technology NASA has?  Who knows.

That robot sure didn't get far, did it?  Almost funny how it plopped over almost immediately after takeoff, kind of like a garbage can lined with bottle rockets.

The General

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on August 12, 2012, 04:30:27 AM
Taken from a thread on GLP

I am an Aerospace Engineer, and I am dubious of NASA as well. They wanted to hire me about 10 years ago (called me out of the blue), but I told them where to go, mainly because I don't buy the moon landings, and think they are dishonest.

Yeah, NASA is just dying to have engineers who know the "truth" about the moon landings.  Hoagland, is that you?   Any real aerospace engineer that claims HE turned down NASA is lying, delusional, or on acid.

b_dubb

Re: small vs large parachutes ... at high altitudes the air is very thin. a large chute may be necessary at that altitude

Ipokesmot

I call bullshit as well.  The so-called "live landing" clip where the heat shield falls away looks like CGI.

Juan

How stupid the engineer is.  It's obvious that the spacecraft used abiotic space ship fuel that renewed itself in flight.

ziznak

Quote from: Ipokesmot on August 12, 2012, 02:54:43 PM
I call bullshit as well.  The so-called "live landing" clip where the heat shield falls away looks like CGI.
I think its just a low quality video... you can however make out a martian city below
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=150068381

the seven minutes of terror video explains that whole landing... a lot of it makes sense but I still make "wtf?" faces when i watch it
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=150068381

Harmness

I'm waiting for the pictures of the topless Martian babes.

Ipokesmot

This is a photo that was deleted from the raw image page 30 mins after it "landed" (capped by me), looks like a junkyard LOL.  Or it could just be the top of the lander, but that doesn't explain why it was deleted in a hurry though.  Looks to me like they screwed up and posted their faked staged site at Nevada's Area 51.  ;D

Ipokesmot

Two more pics, actual screen caps of the raw images site, before and after the pic above was deleted.
They are large so I'll just post the links.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ifc0hs.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/3sa4m.jpg

ziznak

These pictures mean nothing until they are fully endorsed by Richard C. Hoagland... just a matter of time until mike bara finds them online.

edit:
ok for shits and giggles I took that first pic and played around free-warped it out so that it wasnt so fisheyed... brighten it up a bit and holy poop it looks like the inside of a garage or studio with a sand floor

Ipokesmot

Nice edit, I seriously doubt that it's the top of the lander now.  Looks just like a garage.  When I first saw the pic I was like "WTF?!?!".

b_dubb

in one of the early images you can see Richard Hoagland taking a leak on a corpse of a dead martian

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on August 12, 2012, 04:38:00 PM
in one of the early images you can see Richard Hoagland taking a leak on a corpse of a dead martian

...and in a later photo, Bara is clearly visible jerking off to the whole scene.

analog kid

Quote from: Ipokesmot on August 12, 2012, 03:37:22 PM
This is a photo that was deleted from the raw image page 30 mins after it "landed" (capped by me), looks like a junkyard LOL.  Or it could just be the top of the lander, but that doesn't explain why it was deleted in a hurry though.  Looks to me like they screwed up and posted their faked staged site at Nevada's Area 51.  ;D

I'm sure that's from when they were testing it on earth.

ziznak

ah good ol tripod tits... was waiting for her to make an appearance what with the landing and total recall... it just makes sense

Ipokesmot

Quote from: analog kid on August 12, 2012, 05:31:39 PM
I'm sure that's from when they were testing it on earth.

Before the landing, the raw image page was blank.

ziznak

yeah but the camera's might have still had old shots from when they were testing it n crap... just like with them camera traps.  usually the first few shots are from when mr bigfooter was testing it.

Quote from: ziznak on August 12, 2012, 07:32:52 PM
... just like with them camera traps.  usually the first few shots are from when mr bigfooter was testing it.

Ain't that the truth!

The General

Quote from: ziznak on August 12, 2012, 03:59:49 PM
These pictures mean nothing until they are fully endorsed by Richard C. Hoagland... just a matter of time until mike bara finds them online.

edit:
ok for shits and giggles I took that first pic and played around free-warped it out so that it wasnt so fisheyed... brighten it up a bit and holy poop it looks like the inside of a garage or studio with a sand floor

Clearly evidence of the new Wal Mart being built there in the Gale Crater.

ziznak

Kaitlyn Leeb as the new tri-tits... Clearly evidence of a boner in my pants.

Zircon

Dammit General !!! The chinks beat us to Mars. And Ziz, if those three tits aroused you then how do you plan to deal with her two pussies?

Zircon

Now that is an answer that tantalizes the mind. Damn good response. Staying power is everything so please keep that in mind.

elbee

Oh sure, they just forgot to delete one random photo, without the other being deleted, that photo is 100% proof if you still believe the 9 billion hype, you need help

ziznak

Well, it's one photo in each camera so that's a few more than one.  Were you the disgruntled engineer is that what this is about?
:o