• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: chefist on December 16, 2015, 03:33:18 PM
Hate to be a pessimist, but this whole MITD/DMDN thing is going to completely disintegrate faster than a Xmas party with ISIS guests...

it is looking that way

Chronaut

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 16, 2015, 03:31:14 PM
you definitely should get today's RCH Award.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 16, 2015, 03:31:14 PMTalk about connecting the dots, gosh.
Well, honestly "uptalk" is just a fairly minor, symptomatic dot.  There are a lot more dots between A and Z.  But mapping them all out would require a lengthy manifesto, and I'm waiting until they have me committed before I write it all down  %)

K_Dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 02:34:08 PM
With most of his plant callers edging him on.

Were they plants?  I seriously question whether any of his callers are true believers in Hoagie's schtick; they're just in it for the laughs.  Half of them sound like they're on the edge of busting out laughing even when they're talking serious Mars and Pluto with him.  All that momentum he talks about is in support of his clown act.

If Hoagie even half-realizes this and plays along, this could get seriously meta.

norland2424

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 16, 2015, 03:38:55 PM
Were they plants?  I seriously question whether any of his callers are true believers in Hoagie's schtick; they're just in it for the laughs.  Half of them sound like they're on the edge of busting out laughing even when they're talking serious Mars and Pluto with him.  All that momentum he talks about is in support of his clown act.

If Hoagie even half-realizes this and plays along, this could get seriously meta.

That torch and paul guys are plants, and that lady towards the end, lisa, shes called in before about Arts headphones.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 03:41:12 PM
That torch and paul guys are plants, and that lady towards the end, lisa, shes called in before about Arts headphones.

It's only a matter of time before we hear Keith Laney calling in and disguising his voice asking Hoagland what he thinks about NASCAR.

norland2424

Quote from: bateman on December 16, 2015, 03:32:28 PM
I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

We might have a problem.

Chronaut

Quote from: bateman on December 16, 2015, 03:32:28 PM
I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

We're well past that point.  Now we're sawing limbs from the most tasty-looking among the fatally injured.

K_Dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 03:41:12 PM

Haha ok Paul and headphone-lady I'll grant but that Torch guy sounds like he's hamming.

norland2424

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 16, 2015, 03:45:35 PM
Haha ok Paul and headphone-lady I'll grant but that Torch guy sounds like he's hamming.

Lol and I might be wrong here but didn't a caller say that hoagland was his personal hero?

Chronaut

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 03:47:22 PM
Lol and I might be wrong here but didn't a caller say that hoagland was his personal hero?
I know it sounds like some surreal post-apocalyptic nightmare, but that was actually said.  Something also about RCH inspiring him to "get out of bed every morning knowing I can make a difference" or some perverse horseshit like that.

"That's right buddy - telling people all about the alien artifacts on astronomical bodies that bear an uncanny resemblance to rocks, will cure the world of its ills."  Poor, daft, happy little bastard.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 16, 2015, 03:00:37 PM
Art likes drama, he likes attention, he likes jerking people around.  He likes doing a show - until he doesn't.  And that's all fine, he should be himself, but he should understand not everyone is appreciative of it.

This has the ring of truth, fair and balanced, and all that. Whatever is happening is not just happening **to** Art. He is, to whatever degree, a participant -- for better or worse.

inuk2600

Pilot to bombadier... pilot to bombadier...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 03:37:25 PM
Well, honestly "uptalk" is just a fairly minor, symptomatic dot.  There are a lot more dots between A and Z.  But mapping them all out would require a lengthy manifesto, and I'm waiting until they have me committed before I write it all down  %)

Its so great that we can talk about substantive things like uptalk. Hey, have you seen how big that Kardashian's ass is?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: ziznak on December 16, 2015, 03:24:12 PM
I can't seem to wrap my head around the pud's motivation to post and spend so much time here?

Chronaut

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 16, 2015, 04:05:54 PM
Its so great that we can talk about substantive things like uptalk. Hey, have you seen how big that Kardashian's ass is?

One can only work with what's been given.  I linked it to a global psyops conspiracy to bankrupt the world while lobotomizing the public's capacity for rational thought.  You linked it to Kim Kardashian's ass.  I win.

Rix Gins

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 03:47:22 PM

Yeah, and there were some callers beseeching Richard to go for Heather's three hour gig.  As if Mr. Hardly Put In A Full Week Hoagland could handle the additional hours...and this while pledging that any paranormal stuff would be strictly off limits. 

ziznak

hoagland is the reason I get out of bed in the morning... Im afraid if I don't then I'll wake up and he'll be on the radio again  <rimshot>

chefist

Quote from: ziznak on December 16, 2015, 03:24:12 PM
I find it kind of disturbing that somebody would land here out of the blue and then proceed to post so much... it's obviously somewhat of a special interest forum... very very niche community.  It would be like me dropping into some reality TV discussion pit and then deciding to stay even though I dont ever watch that crap....  not to say that we should shun outsiders but I can't seem to wrap my head around the pud's motivation to post and spend so much time here?

Agreed...he doesn't like Art...doesn't like BellGabbers...doesn't like Art Bell fans...doesn't like Americans... Writes pages and pages of posts saying how smart and witty he is, and how England is such an advanced society superior to all else...

He only left the Falkie thread when Falkie stopped posting...

Chronaut

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 16, 2015, 04:13:38 PM
Yeah, and there were some callers beseeching Richard to go for Heather's three hour gig.  As if Mr. Hardly Put In A Full Week Hoagland could handle the additional hours...and this while pledging that any paranormal stuff would be strictly off limits.

Seriously?  So he thinks that ancient alien artifacts/bases/motherships on every astronomical body in the solar system is what, science, then?

I guess RCH hasn't come out of the "paranormal closet" yet.

Theodora

The show with the guy who had moved to Pahrump to be near Art was on Nov 27 open lines-last caller. He wasn't too nefarious sounding. I believe I was wrong and the creepy call was as an earlier show too-it was  disturbing-I don't remember when it was but yes, I merged the three creepy calls-as one memory.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:28:11 PM
I don't think the "Moved to Pahrump to be closer to Art" guy is dangerous.

However there was a call awhile back with a caller saying he needed to talk to Art off the air because he had info for him. Art blew him off to which the guy started talking about landmarks near Art's house and where Art lives which sent Art into a rage. Art cut the call off there and was in a rage for the rest of that segment.

norland2424

Quote from: chefist on December 16, 2015, 04:14:24 PM
Agreed...he doesn't like Art...doesn't like BellGabbers...doesn't like Art Bell fans...doesn't like Americans... Writes pages and pages of posts saying how smart and witty he is, and how England is such an advanced society superior to all else...

He only left the Falkie thread when Falkie stopped posting...

Isn't he also the top poster according to the sites stats.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 03:37:25 PM

Yes, I see. Well, if and when you get all the geometry down on paper, you might give RCH a call and explain how all these worldly forces fit together -- "Levels, Jerry, levels"..."Wheels within wheels" -- because I'm pretty sure he could connect your nexus with his alien architecture nexus, which already has an Earthly component. Then we might just have the long sought after "unified theory" of life, the universe and everything. Something to look forward to.

Claudius

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 04:20:09 PM
And been here since 2012? Why stick around if you hate everything about this site?

PaulAtreides

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 16, 2015, 02:01:00 PM
The novelty wears off after a while.

The accent or the poke?

Rix Gins

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 04:18:15 PM
Seriously?  So he thinks that ancient alien artifacts/bases/motherships on every astronomical body in the solar system is what, science, then?

I guess RCH hasn't come out of the "paranormal closet" yet.

Don't forget the moon that's just a humongous spaceship in disguise. lol

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 03:28:09 PM
That's CRAZY TALK!  The only reason RCH has guests at all, is so that *he* has more stuff to talk about.  I've never heard anyone so enamored with their own ridiculous ideas...he's like his own fundamentalist follower of his own batshit crazy retarded mythotheology.  And, he's a jerk.  I'd rather listen to the termites eat my house than hear RCH night after night, "knowingly" chuckling like a loon at every opportunity to find ludicrous excuses to mention "19.5" on his show, and pretend that it has something to do with actual physics.

I have to wonder if it's not related to his time working at JPL.  A long-time friend of my aunt's works there.. has for decades.  Dude is NUTS. Seriously. Insane in the membrane. 

chefist

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 04:20:09 PM

Every morning I see at least 5 pages of YP posts on the AB thread deriding everything possible...yawn...

Dateline

I post and like to think about the different theories and possibilities, but in reality, I think it was done deliberately to get Art off of the air.  I don't have proof, but my gut and whiskers are telling me that.

Meister_000

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 09:55:41 AM
The Uptalk Epidemic
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/caveman-logic/201010/the-uptalk-epidemic

So . . . Is there anything on: "So . . Is the new Um"?

So . . . , we may have been a little too optimistic when
So . . . , when the ice caps melt, there'll be
So . . . , there are two possible explainations for your
So . . . , if by large you mean bigger than a

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 04:29:37 PM
I have to wonder if it's not related to his time working at JPL.  A long-time friend of my aunt's works there.. has for decades.  Dude is NUTS. Seriously. Insane in the membrane.

Wait who worked in jpl?