• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 11:00:36 PM

Nice but, no Greco-Roman type. RCH is a Nordic/Germanic god, methinks. He seems more, even than them, more powerful but, also, even more prone to vanity, bad decision making, and ultimately a grand, epic, and beautiful failure.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 11:02:39 PM
"I don't have a doctorate." RCH 6/17/17

No shit. You would have to go to college for that Richard.

Not anymore.  You just have to identify... ;) ;D

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on June 17, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Yes he is doing well, just wish I cared more for the guest.  I admit there was a time when I preferred his show to Art's.
Blasphemy.   >:(

That said, I prefer his show to Arts in 2017. ;)

whoozit

He could legally change his name to Doctor Hoagland.  Isn't that sort of what Robin did?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 11:04:17 PM
Nice but, no Greco-Roman type. RCH is a Nordic/Germanic god, methinks. He seems more, even than them, more powerful but, also, even more prone to vanity, bad decision making, and ultimately a grand, epic, and beautiful failure.

I picture him waking up every morning in Valhalla and fighting a USB thingy to the death.

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 11:04:17 PM
That's some epic snark you got there!

Dyna-X

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2017, 11:04:42 PM
Not anymore.  You just have to identify... ;) ;D
I have to give him credit for not getting a certificate from a diploma mill.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 11:05:56 PM
I picture him waking up every morning in Valhalla and fighting a USB thingy to the death.
Indeed. The story of the trolls who manufactured the USB due to Loki's prank is a story unto itself!

=Schlyder=

This is a terrible show tonight. Jesus tapdancing Christ,  Hoagie....you had a whole week to get guests.  This is the best you could do? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 17, 2017, 11:07:42 PM
We were making fun of his writing a few pages back.  Apologies for the rerun.

Guess I glossed over that discussion when I saw someone actually defending Hoagies writing skills.

Zenman

Has Hoagie ever had any Flat Earth people on? I'd think for sure his exalted edginess would appear for something like that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Schlyder7 on June 17, 2017, 11:08:11 PM
This is a terrible show tonight. Jesus tapdancing Christ,  Hoagie....you had a whole week to get guests.  This is the best you could do?

I agree. Might be time for C2C.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 11:07:30 PM
Indeed. The story of the trolls who manufactured the USB due to Loki's prank is a story unto itself!
He'd have to reboot himself with his Boots of USB Slaying..

whoozit

I thought this guest is a remote viewer.  What's with all the slumber party talk?

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on June 17, 2017, 10:45:40 PM
When did Hoagie start letting guests speak?
Ha!  There must be a disturbance in the torsion field.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zenman on June 17, 2017, 11:09:33 PM
Has Hoagie ever had any Flat Earth people on? I'd think for sure his exalted edginess would appear for something like that.

If he thinks he got trolled in November, 2015, just wait until he pisses off the flat earthers.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 11:10:05 PM
I agree. Might be time for C2C.

If the story of Kurt Cobain's death intrigues you.  I'm torn.

WOTR

I'm going to set my alarm for 11:11 so that I can comment twice daily whatever I might be doing at the time...

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 17, 2017, 11:07:42 PM
We were making fun of his writing a few pages back.  Apologies for the rerun.

I missed that. But, as someone often accused of "walls of text" or too much "stuff," I will defend various and sundry things like parentheses, run-on sentences (that really aren't) etc; and will duel over the benefit and use of the so-called "Oxford Comma."

GravitySucks

Quote from: Étouffée on June 17, 2017, 11:12:04 PM
You mean...you're unsure how Kurt Cobain died?

I tried. Didn't last 30 seconds. Guess I will just go see if the latest episode of Orphan Black has been posted yet.

Night y'all.

whoozit

Why can't the guest remote view the audience's waning interest?

Zenman

I'm starting the thing he's channeling Noory tonight. Angels? Eleven eleven?

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 11:13:39 PM
I tried. Didn't last 30 seconds. Guess I will just go see if the latest episode of Orphan Black has been posted yet.

Night y'all.

Night GS!  :)

Lilith

Quote from: Schlyder7 on June 17, 2017, 11:08:11 PM

I agree.  I'll see you all tomorrow night.  Maybe it will be a better show.

Hoagie ought to at least draw some triangles, squares and " = " signs on pieces of paper, hold them up to the microphone, and have the guest remote view them.  I mean, she's only 75 miles away.  Same time zone.