• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 10:43:11 PM
Gilley's and that whole scene. My favorite was seeing in NYC and national magazines the whole "shit kicker hip" fashion ads etc at the time. So hilarious.

Every yankee relative that came to town forced me to take them to Gilley's. I have way too many rides on that damn bull. I was glad when they closed.

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on June 17, 2017, 10:42:08 PM
Lady killer

Sounds like we've got a bit of Cavett-mode Hoagland going tho, so that's good.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 17, 2017, 10:41:31 PM
I don't see any Chambord on ice in there.  ::)

The Chambord is in another cabinet with the other cordials.  I'll get ya some.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2017, 10:44:14 PM
Hey Schlyder7!  Your avatar...

I was just checking this out not too long ago after I remembered what it was.

http://www.frightenstein.com/show.html

I used to watch it as a kid in the early 70's and as years went by I forgot what the show was called.

My dad loved that show. When I was a kid I remember waking up to him laughing at it when he'd get off of midnight shifts. It was pretty goofy.  :D

Dyna-X

If she were a real trained RV practitioner this wouldn't be as dull....she seems more like the garden variety new age psychic.

GravitySucks

Can't believe he hasn't asked her if she has remote viewed Cydonia.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 17, 2017, 10:45:59 PM
My dad loved that show. I remember waking up to him laughing at it when he'd get off of midnight shifts. It was pretty goofy.  :D

It aired at 4:00 pm when I was a kid.  I mostly remembered Vincent Price's roll in it.  Years went by and I forgot the name of the show.  Just found it recently.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 10:46:37 PM
Can't believe he hasn't asked her if she has remote viewed Cydonia.

In due time sir.  In due time.

whoozit

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on June 17, 2017, 10:46:46 PM
Did Robin drug him?
Out of the box and into his broadcast chair.  After the show she'll drag him back to the box.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2017, 10:44:14 PM
Hey Schlyder7!  Your avatar...

I was just checking this out not too long ago after I remembered what it was. (the show that is)

http://www.frightenstein.com/show.html

I used to watch it as a kid in the early 70's and as years went by I forgot what the show was called.

yes a golden oldie LOL  that is Igor in my avatar.   great show. many laughs

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2017, 10:44:36 PM
Every yankee relative that came to town forced me to take them to Gilley's. I have way too many rides on that damn bull. I was glad when they closed.
Ha! I hope you made them wear a meshed shirt like that Scott Glen. Jeez. Having said that, I love Mickey's songs.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2017, 10:48:19 PM
It aired at 4:00 pm when I was a kid.  I mostly remembered Vincent Price's roll in it.  Years went by and I forgot the name of the show.  Just found it recently.

Just noticed your Avatar...love it!

Zenman

Quote from: whoozit on June 17, 2017, 10:45:40 PM
When did Hoagie start letting guests speak?

Lol. I think he's channeling Cavett. He does that once in a while.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 17, 2017, 10:52:49 PM

Nice! Hoagland could be easily modified (not my me but someone like you an expert in photoshop or whatever) into some kind of Nordic god. His flowing locks, penetrating eyes, obsession with runes "physics."

whoozit

Yes he is doing well, just wish I cared more for the guest.  I admit there was a time when I preferred his show to Art's. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 10:59:03 PM
Nice! Hoagland could be easily modified (not my me but someone like you an expert in photoshop or whatever) into some kind of Nordic god. His flowing locks, penetrating eyes, obsession with runes "physics."

ShayP

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on June 17, 2017, 10:57:33 PM
Just noticed your Avatar...love it!

Thank you!  I had a vision and K_Dubb made it come to fruition.  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on June 17, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Yes he is doing well, just wish I cared more for the guest.  I admit there was a time when I preferred his show to Art's.

Me too. She seems full of shit but whatevah.  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
I want an imaging panel or old-timely friends discussion on tv remotes. Remember when wired, the ones that would work without pointing at tv, the ones that would one work pointing at tv, the early "egg" design smart remotes by Sony, and the newer ones that lose battery power too much? And now with phones etc? And having nothing good to watch despite easy remotes with a billion channels but how much good shows are free (that "It's Over") over HD antennae? And how a regression to mean, maybe? Back to old tech is better?
Yes, sir.  Just finished watching "Ace in the Hole," recorded off the Movies! channel.  A very good, atypical Noir, with Kirk Douglas that's still very apropro.  I highly recommend it.  Douglas is superb.

GravitySucks

"I don't have a doctorate." RCH 6/17/17

No shit. You would have to go to college for that Richard.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

Haha yeah I hoed that row the last go-around.

Zenman

Quote from: brig on June 17, 2017, 11:02:31 PM
Yes, he needs to do more interrupting and talking over stuff.

I vote for that at this point.