• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

aldousburbank

Quote from: cweb on April 28, 2014, 10:19:23 AM
Glad that Knapp gave us an update on Ian during Saturday's show. I'm guessing this happy little pic is before they lit up the kush.  :D
But who's the dude on the right?

bigchucka

Quote from: cweb on April 28, 2014, 10:19:23 AM
Glad that Knapp gave us an update on Ian during Saturday's show. I'm guessing this happy little pic is before they lit up the kush.  :D

I missed the first hr of that.  Might have to go track it down if I get curious enough.  I'd imagine if it was anything major it would have been brought up here...

Huw Janus

I never did understand Ian's obsession with DB Cooper.  When lame B. Wells showed up as Ian's replacement I realized what a great host we were losing.  Now all we have left is Mr. Vegas.  *sigh*  *fart*

Nebraska888

I miss Ian.     :(

Quote from: Huw Janus on May 17, 2014, 11:30:13 AM
I never did understand Ian's obsession with DB Cooper.  When lame B. Wells showed up as Ian's replacement I realized what a great host we were losing.  Now all we have left is Mr. Vegas.  *sigh*  *fart*

He wanted to be the one to break the story of who DB Cooper really was and what happened to him.  Same with the Smiley Face Killers.

albrecht

Because the DB Cooper story is very cool. And a real, bonafide event that still has yet to be answered and is still an open-case by the FBI. And James Bond-esque going out by parachute etc.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 17, 2014, 12:31:05 PM

He wanted to be the one to break the story of who DB Cooper really was and what happened to him.  Same with the Smiley Face Killers.
But what about Ian's "man-horse" guy?  :o

area51drone

I never did understand Ian's obsession with DB Cooper.

Like any crime mystery, it's fascinating.   Pull off some great crime drama, without hurting a fly, and jump from a plane, never to be found?   It's a wonderful idea.   I too miss Ian.  Knapp is my third favorite next to him, and of course Art is tops.   I always wondered why someone with Ian's intelligence would believe in "god" - especially a Christian god.  He never really explained it, at least on the shows that I heard.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on May 17, 2014, 04:57:39 PM
"Man Horse" guy was a classic. So bizarre but at least he didn't "act on his desires" as he pointed out.

NowhereInTime

Even though he's a bit of a dilettante lately (dabbling author, dabbling radio personality, dabbling youtube celebrity) and, I have to say off his twitter feed, a bit of a douche, I still very much miss Ian Punnett on Coast to Coast
He seems happy as a pig in a poop pile and having rather well moved on from radio stardom to his current meme.
Still, some of his shows were just so good... :'(

albrecht

Quote from: area51drone on May 19, 2014, 11:32:00 AM
Like any crime mystery, it's fascinating.   Pull off some great crime drama, without hurting a fly, and jump from a plane, never to be found?   It's a wonderful idea.   I too miss Ian.  Knapp is my third favorite next to him, and of course Art is tops.   I always wondered why someone with Ian's intelligence would believe in "god" - especially a Christian god.  He never really explained it, at least on the shows that I heard.
Not to be too ecumenical (which I can't stand) or politically correct (which might be even worse) some of the best philosophers, teachers, and scientists have had religious beliefs; various and sundry but even, surprise, "Christian". I much rather Ian as host then some others. And will note that he would argue, or question, guests and callers about even "Christian" stuff n claims but, usually calmly n with background.

Jackstar

I always wondered why someone with Ian's intelligence would believe in "god" - especially a Christian god.  He never really explained it, at least on the shows that I heard.

Yahweh is fucking real, yo. I assume that IP worships S/He-It because of early imprinting in childhood.

Huw Janus

Quote from: Morgus on May 17, 2014, 04:57:39 PM

Some "think" they are men - - what's not interesting about a guy who "thinks" he's a horse in a man's body? 

Huw Janus

Like any crime mystery, it's fascinating.

Yeah maybe - - but not tons of shows on it.

Ian interviewed by one of his cronies (Ian's appearance begins at just after 4:00, more personal Ian stuff starts around 43:00-44:00). 

Two hip middle-aged white guys mostly discussing Summertime pop culture (note: 1 of the words in that sentence may not be completely accurate).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6B7sczP8io#t=553

Spoiler alert:  you may want those 55 minutes back

tomveil1977

Quote from: Nebraska888 on April 25, 2014, 11:36:26 AM
My two favorite hosts.....I miss Ian.  Thank God we now have Schrader.

Me too. I hope Ian's tinnitus is improving.. feel bad for the guy to have to deal with that. Sounded pretty awful.

paladin1991

Are we still talking about 'Old News' Punnett?

bigchucka

Thanks to who posted this.  I don't know why they deleted it...

http://farsidepodcast.com/podcast/457/ian-punnett-interview

albrecht

Quote from: bigchucka on June 11, 2014, 02:05:47 AM
Thanks to who posted this.  I don't know why they deleted it...

http://farsidepodcast.com/podcast/457/ian-punnett-interview
Interesting interview, also weird story he had about possible "fake cops" after his wife in Georgia.

albrecht

I liked him also. More and more now. My favorite was when a few years back he did a Orson Wells style show about zombies. The WWZ deal. I was thinking at time his show with author of the book was so good that this will be a movie. I think the show was better than the movie or comic book.  Also a show about Hitler escape was great.

cweb

Quote from: albrecht on July 10, 2014, 11:40:59 PM
I liked him also. More and more now. My favorite was when a few years back he did a Orson Wells style show about zombies. The WWZ deal. I was thinking at time his show with author of the book was so good that this will be a movie. I think the show was better than the movie or comic book.  Also a show about Hitler escape was great.
You mean the Ratline show? That's one of my favorite Ian shows. He did a great job unraveling it.

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on July 11, 2014, 07:59:33 AM
You mean the Ratline show? That's one of my favorite Ian shows. He did a great job unraveling it.
Yeah, the Ratline show. A great one.

JimHarold

I thought that the C2C fans here might be interested in my recent interview with Ian Punnett just posted tonight (8/18/14) at http://jimharold.com

He talks about Art, George and being a part of the C2C franchise plus the next chapter of his life.

I always loved listening to him and felt as though he came across as a very intelligent but nice guy...totally verified by this interview.  It was an honor.

You can find the interview at http://jimharold.com

Thanks!

jazmunda

Quote from: JimHarold on August 18, 2014, 08:56:31 PM
I thought that the C2C fans here might be interested in my recent interview with Ian Punnett just posted tonight (8/18/14) at http://jimharold.com

He talks about Art, George and being a part of the C2C franchise plus the next chapter of his life.

I always loved listening to him and felt as though he came across as a very intelligent but nice guy...totally verified by this interview.  It was an honor.

You can find the interview at http://jimharold.com

Thanks!

Thanks for posting. I will give it a listen. Does he dish the dirt on the evil empire?

Jim, lovin` the interview! I always had a deep appreciation of Ian`s intellectualism. I miss him!

Thanks for this.

Foodlion

That interview is

Jim, I'm sure George Noory would pat you on the back for all of the nice things you said about him. But, If you didn't know, this is the George Noory sucks forum.