• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Sardondi

Michael Douglas. Although "annoy" doesn't perfectly capture it, although this story does annoy me greatly about this incredibly vain, egocentric prick. Remember, this crap is from the man who got caught by the woman who gets about $15-million per movie (about $14-million more than he does these days), while he was screwing yet another housemaid or cook. So he weasels with of the "I love sex so much I must be a sex addict!" dodge.

He must be feeling a little frisky again, because he's back with this laughable claim - "I had so much sex I caught cancer" -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jun/02/michael-douglas-oral-sex-cancer

Quote from: Sardondi on June 02, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
Michael Douglas. Although "annoy" doesn't perfectly capture it, although this story does annoy me greatly about this incredibly vain, egocentric prick. Remember, this crap is from the man who got caught by the woman who gets about $15-million per movie (about $14-million more than he does these days), while he was screwing yet another housemaid or cook. So he weasels with of the "I love sex so much I must be a sex addict!" dodge.

He must be feeling a little frisky again, because he's back with this laughable claim - "I had so much sex I caught cancer" -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jun/02/michael-douglas-oral-sex-cancer

Yep.  Just seeing his face on the Liberace posters/pics gets me sour.

stevesh

This goddamned weather. The third of June, and it's going down to 37 tonight.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Phantastic SanShiSan on June 02, 2013, 11:52:25 AM
Yep.  Just seeing his face on the Liberace posters/pics gets me sour.
There's only one Liberace! ...and that's Andrew Robinson. Who played him twice.

Quote from: analog kid on June 02, 2013, 08:41:48 AM
Everyone in my family has NPD in the extreme. I have family members who lose their minds at the slightest criticism. Or you can inadvertently challenge their sense of self while trying to make conversation, and they'll have a mental meltdown, or hate you with the venomous poison of a thousand cobras. I wish I were exaggerating. Funny thing is about the person with NPD, they're absolutely unaware of it. There doesn't seem to be any earnest self analyzing going on, or self criticism. Like it's all fantasy and delusion all the time. When a crack in their fantasy world appears, it's time to find people to impress with their awesomeness, or to get the attention and sympathy they desperately need. And of course, they'll instinctively throw you under the buss to obtain those things.

It is delusion. My mother in law(and apparently did this forever) would tell her kids how she sacrificed her "career" to have them. That chimerical career she envisioned? Well, acting or modeling etc. Even though she had 5 kids by the age of 24, she somehow had this revisionist biography of somehow being on the verge of being "discovered" before she had her first kid...at age 17. Apparently, if not for that event, she would have become a superstar. That's a great way to belittle your children's lives.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on June 02, 2013, 03:20:13 PM
This goddamned weather. The third of June, and it's going down to 37 tonight.
Trade ya. It's 88 here...with tornadic warnings for the overnight.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on June 02, 2013, 08:41:48 AM
Or you can inadvertently challenge their sense of self while trying to make conversation, and they'll have a mental meltdown, or hate you with the venomous poison of a thousand cobras. I wish I were exaggerating. Funny thing is about the person with NPD, they're absolutely unaware of it. There doesn't seem to be any earnest self analyzing going on, or self criticism. Like it's all fantasy and delusion all the time. When a crack in their fantasy world appears, it's time to find people to impress with their awesomeness, or to get the attention and sympathy they desperately need. And of course, they'll instinctively throw you under the buss to obtain those things.

/still not bitter

you've described my mom.

BobGrau

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on June 03, 2013, 02:10:49 PM

We have the same mother?!?!?

she's my mom and i love her, but it's the reason i have to take her in small doses.  it's the reason i moved out the second i turned 18.  it's the reason i don't engage her in deep conversation.  it's the reason i dumb myself down when i do talk to her because otherwise, i get this sense she's offended by my knowledge of things she knows nothing about.  it's as if i'm being uppity. 

if it's true men marry women who resemble their mothers, then i broke the fucking mold because my wife is explicitly and emphatically NOT like my mom.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 02, 2013, 03:25:42 PM
                 There's only one Liberace! ...and that's Andrew Robinson. Who played him twice.
  It is delusion. My mother in law(and apparently did this forever) would tell her kids how she sacrificed her "career" to have them. That chimerical career she envisioned? Well, acting or modeling etc. Even though she had 5 kids by the age of 24, she somehow had this revisionist biography of somehow being on the verge of being "discovered" before she had her first kid...at age 17. Apparently, if not for that event, she would have become a superstar. That's a great way to belittle your children's lives.

Obsession with fame and fortune. That never goes away either. They'll think they're one day going to be adored by the world until their last breath.

analog kid

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2013, 02:51:26 PM

she's my mom and i love her, but it's the reason i have to take her in small doses.  it's the reason i moved out the second i turned 18.  it's the reason i don't engage her in deep conversation.  it's the reason i dumb myself down when i do talk to her because otherwise, i get this sense she's offended by my knowledge of things she knows nothing about.  it's as if i'm being uppity. 

if it's true men marry women who resemble their mothers, then i broke the fucking mold because my wife is explicitly and emphatically NOT like my mom.

That's my mom as well. She's always been hyper competitive and deeply resents me for things that aren't reasonable or even sane, and an honest conversation about any of those things is never going to be possible, so it's best to ignore it. An honest conversation about most things isn't possible.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on June 03, 2013, 07:55:37 PM
Obsession with fame and fortune. That never goes away either. They'll think they're one day going to be adored by the world until their last breath.
She's 62 now...and probably still star struck waiting for her big break. She lives nearby and I still talk to her once in a while...and she wonders why I didn't become(fill in the blank) though she has conceded that I'm the most stubborn person she's ever met and realized that her chiding/cajoling had zero effect on me. (After 7+ years her daughter figured that out too)

ziznak

He's biblical now:

"My douche runneth over"

Eddie Coyle

Alleged "music" from the torrid zone. The closer to the Equator the more dreadful the music. Particularly, the vulgar cacophonous audio vomit known as salsa. Salsa is why I hate the summer. Salsa is the music of choice for imbeciles at 3 am. Blaring from beach parking lots, TWO MOTHERFUCKIN' BLOCKS from my house >:( >:( >:( and I still hear it. Insects without wings love that shit.

C'mon November get here soon.

ziznak

hehe... nothing like the sound of metal drums, synthesyzers, and hispanic banter through a shitty megaphone... Gotta give it to them tho... they can party and reproduce 24/7

b_dubb

Quote from: ziznak on June 04, 2013, 08:46:09 PM
He's biblical now:

"My douche runneth over"
unintentional self parody

Juan

Beiber owns a Ferrari and has been accused of speeding through his gated community, Calabasas.  One of his neighbors is retired NFL star Keyshawn Johnson.  Beiber recently sped past Johnson's kids, so Johnson hopped in his Prius, followed Bieber home and confronted him.  Bieber, of course, tried to blame it on a black man, saying Tyler The Creator was driving.

Johnson says, "Look, I know the difference between a black kid driving a car and a white kid driving a car."

While the police investigate several complaints about Bieber, the incident has moved to Twitter.

Former NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson tweeted "I live in Calabasas too and @justinbieber needs to slow his ass down."

Sardondi

Justin Bieber, eh?. Boy was I fooled: when I first saw it, I thought it was a pic of a boy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on June 03, 2013, 08:01:36 PM
That's my mom as well. She's always been hyper competitive and deeply resents me for things that aren't reasonable or even sane, and an honest conversation about any of those things is never going to be possible, so it's best to ignore it. An honest conversation about most things isn't possible.

that's exactly it.  i conceded this fact many years ago.

Quote from: b_dubb on June 05, 2013, 02:29:36 AM
unintentional self parody

What is that, leather pants and a rubber shirt?  What's with the extraordinarily self-satisfied smirk?  You know, at some point in time, he was probably just somebody's kid, a cute little tyke who could carry a tune.  Now he's this mammoth enterprise (who the hell is actually purchasing his musical swill?) with an equal-sized attitude to boot.

coaster

Just a dumb kid with too much money.

Juan

The way that within two minutes of the National Weather Service naming Andrea a Tropical Storm, the local radio weather girl had an on-air orgasm.

onan

Quote from: UFO Fill on June 05, 2013, 05:11:49 PM
The way that within two minutes of the National Weather Service naming Andrea a Tropical Storm, the local radio weather girl had an on-air orgasm.

which them caused the start of another tropical storm...

Sardondi

That I've taken my daily stroll through the internet and have seen no, 0, none, zero, zilch references to the fact that today is anything else than June 6th. Just plain old June 6th. Yawn.

Now, given that Google, which memorializes every meaningless, worthless bit of anti-establishment, anti-traditionalist, socially "forward" event it can come up with, would happily devise a cute logo for the date Karl Marx had three well-formed bowel movements in a 24-hour period, it annoys the hell out of me that no one, NO ONE either at Google or anywhere on the net I routinely visit, thinks it worth a pixil to note today's date. Even though June 6th is the date upon which months of tireless work and gifts of treasure by millions of freedom-loving humans of dozens of countries from around the world culminated in the sacrifice and supreme effort of over a 150,000 Americans, British and Canadian soldiers who invaded Nazi-occupied France, assisted, transported and guarded by hundreds of thousands of Allied airmen, soldiers and sailors. And no one gave a good goddam.

I know, Sardondi, that some people consider that whole "Greatest Generation" to be a little sentimental and silly, but I think very few people appreciate the astonishing sacrifice, courage, and commitment it took to deal with Hitler and Mussolini, et al.  My uncle was a gunner in a B-24, and came back forever changed by the experience.  (Of course, he did COME back, and millions of men and women did not.)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Sardondi on June 06, 2013, 09:45:07 AM
That I've taken my daily stroll through the internet and have seen no, 0, none, zero, zilch references to the fact that today is anything else than June 6th. Just plain old June 6th. Yawn.

Now, given that Google, which memorializes every meaningless, worthless bit of anti-establishment, anti-traditionalist, socially "forward" event it can come up with, would happily devise a cute logo for the date Karl Marx had three well-formed bowel movements in a 24-hour period, it annoys the hell out of me that no one, NO ONE either at Google or anywhere on the net I routinely visit, thinks it worth a pixil to note today's date. Even though June 6th is the date upon which months of tireless work and gifts of treasure by millions of freedom-loving humans of dozens of countries from around the world culminated in the sacrifice and supreme effort of over a 150,000 Americans, British and Canadian soldiers who invaded Nazi-occupied France, assisted, transported and guarded by hundreds of thousands of Allied airmen, soldiers and sailors. And no one gave a good goddam.

I was just talking with my cousin about this.  I belong to many military-related sites, and they are actively remembering today's significance.  However, I see very little mention anywhere else.  It's sad and disturbing to realize that most people have no idea what occurred today. 

ItsOver

I lost an uncle that I never got to know in that great sacrifice.  In honor of those souls.

Normandy Speech: Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day 6/6/84

Juan

Less than a year later, those men rescued my father from a Nazi POW camp.

I don't watch the TV news, but I've seen precious little about the events in China the first week of June 1989 either

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

stevesh

"Professional veterans". I'm a Marine Corps veteran myself, but those pathetic fat guys with the pins all over their hats and vests who hug each other and cry anytime there's a camera in sight turn my stomach.