• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Lilith

Quote from: Daggit on April 26, 2016, 10:24:30 PM
I want my money back for the 3 calls I made to local stations.

I haven't looked at this thread, in, it seems like forever.  It is really interesting to look back at the beginning of this thread now.  Not just the content of the posts, but the main posters.  It feels a lot different to me now reading the beginning of the thread, than it did then.

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 26, 2015, 01:26:46 AM
Told my pancakes, but they're useless. I mean, they're pancakes. Fuck. Then I tried the rest of the dolphin pod and they just accused me of blowing radio hosts. But I do have a newsletter, from which a message will be emitted at an appropriate time.

This all makes sense to me now.  Is that a bad thing?

PS:  I like your avatar now, much better than I liked your avatar then.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2015, 12:27:54 AM
Just wanted to say to (Redacted), this being the first-ever thread she's started ...

Oh Yeah!  And your smoking jacket avatar!  also a favorite of mine, right up there with SciFiAuthors  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: MV on June 26, 2015, 03:14:41 PM

My reply would be, "Yeah, sure, Art did quit his show in the past, just as lots of people quit their jobs for lots of reasons every day.  And it's true, nobody knows how long Art's going to be around this time, but what everybody does know is that the stations who carry Midnight In The Desert will be carrying absolutely the best product late night radio has to offer.  You can keep shoveling safe mediocrity in the overnight or take a chance on something you already know will be a superior product."

or something like that.

I guess looking back, it turned out to be the more "or something like that." part sad to say.

Praise MV!

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
I am all in favour of spreading the Truth and the Light, but what do you do if you talk to a radio station and they say, 'yeah, like he is gonna last a few weeks and then bounce, like he did the last time'?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I am sure that people in management might be wary of committing themselves to a man who has had a bit of a history in the past for not sticking around too long, for various reasons. I think we need to be able to spin that side of things a bit. Other than that it is a win for all concerned, but there is always going to be that issue lurking in the background.

Still spreading the Truth and the Light across the Bellgab Universe!  :-*

Quote from: Kolchak on June 26, 2015, 12:31:52 PM
I've got about 7500 Twitter followers. I'll be checking back and periodically tweeting out links and videos as the show approaches.

That's a whole lotta followers.
Thanks for revisiting this thread, Lonestar. I think this is my first post in the Blitz thread.

Lilith

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 02, 2016, 03:03:23 AM
That's a whole lotta followers.
Thanks for revisiting this thread, Lonestar. I think this is my first post in the Blitz thread.

Yeah, I'm still reading, slowly, remembering back. I had forgotten all about this thread till MV's top right forum link brought me back here.  I don't alway notice the top right link, but this one had caught my eye for some reason, and made me click on it.

Welcome to the Blitz thread Mind Flayer Monk.   :-*

whoozit

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 02:21:52 AM
I haven't looked at this thread, in, it seems like forever.  It is really interesting to look back at the beginning of this thread now.  Not just the content of the posts, but the main posters.  It feels a lot different to me now reading the beginning of the thread, than it did then.
Butthurt, much many of them have.   :P

zeebo

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 03:29:15 AM
Yeah, I'm still reading, slowly, remembering back. ...

Wow brig, yeah you went back aways.  Was only last year but seems like a looong time ago, very different atmosphere at that time.  So much potential and excitement.  So much good will and support from this board.  If we only knew where it was all headed.  No more blitzes for me - have switched to blintzes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on May 02, 2016, 11:38:38 AM
Wow brig, yeah you went back aways.  Was only last year but seems like a looong time ago, very different atmosphere at that time.  So much potential and excitement.  So much good will and support from this board.  If we only knew where it was all headed.  No more blitzes for me - have switched to blintzes.

yup, it's all fucking sad.  i keep thinking back to that first moment when i heard art's voice over the music on the "test show"... i was misty eyed!! 

things. have. changed.

whoozit

I don't think this went the way anyone wanted.  Seems to be lots of losers and no real winners.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on May 02, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
I don't think this went the way anyone wanted.  Seems to be lots of losers and no real winners.

Almost like some kind of Karma.

Quote from: whoozit on May 02, 2016, 11:50:53 AM

What about Heather?

whoozit

Quote from: rekcuf on May 02, 2016, 12:37:35 PM
What about Heather?
If that's winning I'd rather lose.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on May 02, 2016, 01:18:26 PM
If that's winning I'd rather lose.

I was going to say...

There was a winner but that person's name was (Redacted).

Video later.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 02, 2016, 01:22:02 PM
I was going to say...

Video later.

She's getting better every day! 5 hours starting tonight...

whoozit

Quote from: rekcuf on May 02, 2016, 01:19:12 PM
Ouch.
It was't meant to be harsh or an attack on Heather.  Let me explain.  She now has a hosting gig on the show but look at the carnage that created the opportunity.  Couple that with the helpful "criticism" she got from multiple venues and I doubt she feels she won the lottery.  Well, maybe the lottery in Shirley Jackson's short story of the same name, but not Powerball or a large desirable prize.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 02, 2016, 01:22:02 PM
I was going to say...

Video later.

Yes, the very person who started this thread, and led the "Blitz".   Oh the Irony!

whoozit

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 01:26:27 PM
Yes, the very person who started this thread, and led the "Blitz".   Oh the Irony!
There is a certain amount of deliciousness to it, isn't there?

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on May 02, 2016, 01:27:20 PM
There is a certain amount of deliciousness to it, isn't there?

I wasn't going to say that, but........

Yes.

;D

Quote from: whoozit on May 02, 2016, 01:25:35 PM
It was't meant to be harsh or an attack on Heather.  Let me explain.  She now has a hosting gig on the show but look at the carnage that created the opportunity.  Couple that with the helpful "criticism" she got from multiple venues and I doubt she feels she won the lottery.  Well, maybe the lottery in Shirley Jackson's short story of the same name, but not Powerball or a large desirable prize.

She was handed the proverbial 'golden goose.' The problem was: She didn't know how to take care of it. The goose is dead and is currently be cooked via a slowly turning rotisserie aka #dmtalk...

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 01:26:27 PM

I haven't counted them, but for better or worse, I believe she has now done more shows than Art on MITD and she has missed way less days than Hoagland during the same timeframe.

She stepped up with all odds stacked against her and has kept the show, and the network going. Art said it, if she hadn't have taken over with no notice, the show and the network would have shut down.

I don't know what Keith is paying her, but it isn't enough. She has worked her ass off, and now this going to 5 hours plan is not my idea of good business sense. Keith should have played reruns of OSOM until he could have found another show to plug into the timeslot. I hope she has the stamina to keep the show going, but 5 hours is too long for a radio show in 2016.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 02, 2016, 01:37:14 PM
I haven't counted them, but for better or worse, I believe she has now done more shows than Art on MITD and she has missed way less days than Hoagland during the same timeframe.

She stepped up with all odds stacked against her and has kept the show, and the network going. Art said it, if she hadn't have taken over with no notice, the show and the network would have shut down.

I don't know what Keith is paying her, but it isn't enough. She has worked her ass off, and now this going to 5 hours plan is not my idea of good business sense. Keith should have played reruns of OSOM until he could have found another show to plug into the timeslot. I hope she has the stamina to keep the show going, but 5 hours is too long for a radio show in 2016.

quantity/quality

Heathers young, she'll adjust.  OR,  she could always quit, and find a different job.  That's what I would do.  But then again, I would have never taken the job in the first place.  Sometimes it's better to just shut things down. Everybody makes their own choices.  I'm sure nobody forced her, and that she's capable of making her own decisions.

Hog

She's got a full time job with a good salary. I'm sure she has worked hard over the last few months, but maybe a dream of hers has come true.  She's a full time broadcaster, and her show got 2 hours longer.  I really hope she negotiated her salary accordingly. She's around 40 years old, only 25 years until normal retirement.

I say good for her, she deserves all the good fortune that comes her way.  Any and all negativity should be bore by Art and not Redacted.  She simply took sat in an empty chair.

A lot of people say they wouldn't have taken the job. But these people never had Art Bell telling you that "You CAN do it."  Once Redacted learned to say screw everyone, and do her own thing, I'm sure life got easier.  Unfortunately it took a solid trouncing on the Redacted/Bateman Gabcast for her to come to that realization.

peace
Hog

Catsmile

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 02:15:04 PM
quantity/quality

Heathers young, she'll adjust.  OR,  she could always quit, and find a different job.  That's what I would do.  But then again, I would have never taken the job in the first place.  Sometimes it's better to just shut things down. Everybody makes their own choices.  I'm sure nobody forced her, and that she's capable of making her own decisions.

You're gonna hafta do a lot better than that if you wanna whiff.
Back of the line, and try again!!1

Lilith

Quote from: Catsmile on May 02, 2016, 02:54:33 PM

:-[

Quote from: Catsmile on May 02, 2016, 02:54:33 PM

That's as disgusting to me as Falkie eating on microphone.

NXOEED

Quote from: zeebo on May 02, 2016, 11:38:38 AM

I had a blast. Would probably do it again.

Kolchak

Was listening on U7 today and in between shows there was a reminder to "tune in to Art's new show in July." It made me sink a bit internally.