• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is BellGab still truly considered "THE Art Bell Fan Forum" ?

Started by creepygreenlight, January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: trostol on January 07, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
how about titties and beer instead?

Well, if you have extra titties in your fridge....shit yeah, bring 'em on in!

Quote from: DanTSX on January 08, 2016, 12:15:02 AM
OP is mental.
Wow Dan, that was a really deep and insightful addition to this thread.  Thanks for adding such a high quality thought to the discussion at hand.  It's good to know that the human mind is still evolving after all these crazy years.

There's a big difference between fan and fanboy.  Fanboys would rather defend something wrong because they love it. Fans also love the thing in question, but are capable of employing critical thinking or criticism to keep the thing/person honest if possible.

Basically criticism is important, it lets Art know if he's screwing up.

paladin1991

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 08, 2016, 03:42:32 PM
There's a big difference between fan and fanboy.  Fanboys would rather defend something wrong because they love it. Fans also love the thing in question, but are capable of employing critical thinking or criticism to keep the thing/person honest if possible.

Basically criticism is important, it lets Art know if he's screwing up.

Oh, I think he knows that.  But as soon as his family is safe, I expect him back.  With Heather back to producing or hosting as well, there is any number of ways it could work.

Yep family first.

Just questioning the logic that criticizing something means you aren't a fan of it.  Sometimes hardcore fans can be very critical.

Ciardelo

What's important is that we have a steady stream of new posters stating that the criticism is good, it's healing. because going over and over again and again how it all could have been handled differently is educational.

I think we need to keep rehashing all his personal problems from two decades ago too. After all, it's just for his own good. That fucker owes us and we needs to keep reminding the world how hurt we are.

People talking about Art on the Art bell forums?  Madness.

Oh wait it's just new posters that are doing it wrong?

There's always the one guy that likes everyone to know he's been around a long time.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 08, 2016, 06:38:43 PM
People talking about Art on the Art bell forums?  Madness.

Oh wait it's just new posters that are doing it wrong?

There's always the one guy that likes everyone to know he's been around a long time.
Not at all, I'm a newbie. I just like taking about how Art fucked it all up--don't you?

Ciardelo

That Art Bell really made a mess of things didn't he? Has anybody noticed how much George Norry sucks though? Man that dude sucks.

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 07, 2016, 10:30:10 PM
I don't think ART should have let a bunch of trolls run him out of here and left his fans to do battle for him.  He should have stayed the course with us.  Shot  a few trolls, had a few laughs with us, took the time off necessary to deal with the threat posed to his family, dropped in infrequently via skype to the show, etc. 

I think he was 'overcome by events' as we used to say of Officers who froze up under fire. 

And, yeah, this is still 'The ART BELL Fan Forum.'  It ain't no playground.  Bring your own bullets and booze.
Interesting take on the whole thing.  However, do you think that if Art would have stayed that the level and duration of "nastiness" would have increased?  With him gone, many people got bored and moved on.  Others will shortly.

I suppose that it may be the "art bell fan forum" in that there are more Bell fans here than there are other places.  I guess I just never considered it a fan forum (and as much as I like Art, I don't know that I am a "fan" as such...)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 08, 2016, 06:50:14 PM
That Art Bell really made a mess of things didn't he? Has anybody noticed how much George Norry sucks though? Man that dude sucks.

Yeah.  There is a whole forum about his suckiness.

Http:/www.georgenoorysucks.com

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 08, 2016, 06:54:02 PM
Yeah.  There is a whole forum about his suckiness.

Http:/www.georgenoorysucks.com

hahaha! When did that site come online? It's great! because George Noory sucks. wow. brilliant. That website owner must be very shrewd.  8)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 08, 2016, 06:57:20 PM
hahaha! When did that site come online? It's great! because George Noory sucks. wow. brilliant. That website owner must be very shrewd.  8)

I don't know. I joined that forum awhile ago.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 08, 2016, 07:02:02 PM
I don't know. I joined that forum awhile ago.
i think repeatedly talking about how much George Noory sucks is much more enriching than talking about how badly Art fucked up..but what do I know? I've been told I'm a "White Knight" which is pretty boss if you ask me.

So how much did Art fuck all this up? has anybody posted about that?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 08, 2016, 07:04:55 PM
i think repeatedly talking about how much George Noory sucks is much more enriching than talking about how badly Art fucked up..but what do I know? I've been told I'm a "White Knight" which is pretty boss if you ask me.

Something about going to the store for cigarettes.

K_Dubb

I am so sad I haven't seen this yet.  Only my esteem for you stays my hand.

whoozit

i think repeatedly talking about how much George Noory sucks is much more enriching than talking about how badly Art fucked up..but what do I know? I've been told I'm a "White Knight"which is pretty boss if you ask me.

Why do we feel compelled to come up with new words to describe things?  White knighting used to be called calling an asshole an asshole.

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 08, 2016, 07:16:07 PM
I am so sad I haven't seen this yet.  Only my esteem for you stays my hand.

Oh look it's a picture of Barfly.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on January 08, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
Why do we feel compelled to come up with new words to describe things?  White knighting used to be called calling an asshole an asshole.

You won't even find that in the urban dictionary, let alone a real dictionary. You must lose at scrabble a lot.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 08, 2016, 07:21:37 PM
You won't even find that in the urban dictionary, let alone a real dictionary. You must lose at scrabble a lot.

"White knighting" is a real thing, more's the pity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 08, 2016, 07:23:31 PM
This entire forum is my room. Comes with being Queen and all.

Well you and your court jesters made a mess of your throne room yesterday. Hope you are happy.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 08, 2016, 07:21:13 PM
Oh look it's a picture of Barfly.
I like barfly, and I like you, but that was a little weird barfly getting upset at the sex worker allegations.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 08, 2016, 06:48:45 PM
Not at all, I'm a newbie. I just like taking about how Art fucked it all up--don't you?

Yes yes, sarcasm I get it.  The last refuge of the witless.

This is a pretty specific forum, I'm baffled how you ended up here by apparent accident, are are continually disappointed in the things people talk about here, given that we're on bellgab,  art bell forum, on the art bell boards, on the all things art bell board.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 08, 2016, 07:27:40 PM
Yes yes, sarcasm I get it.  The last refuge of the witless.

This is a pretty specific forum, I'm baffled how you ended up here by apparent accident, are are continually disappointed in the things people talk about here, given that we're on bellgab,  art bell forum, on the art bell boards, on the all things art bell board.

Actually, the Falkie thread is the last refuge.