• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is BellGab still truly considered "THE Art Bell Fan Forum" ?

Started by creepygreenlight, January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

Long time Art Bell fan here and experienced bellgab lurker.  This is my first post, so go easy on me...

Ok, I get it.  Art quit again and everyone is pissed off.  To add insult to injury Art even "pawned us off" on an inexperienced/incompetent (in my opinion) host named Heather Wade, which adds only more salt to the wounds for many of us.  Obviously Art should have probably not had been allowed control of his own social media account because he tends to make emotional decisions/posts that can end his career.  Art has admitted this himself as many of you here know.  Or at the very least, Art should have lined up an experienced host to take his spot (John B Wells, for me personally).

I get all of that and I understand it because I'm pissed off too.  Like many of you I waited 2 years for Art's XM contract to be up so he could come back... and then THIS shit happens.  The big problem at Bellgab, though, is that now long time "fans" are looking more like rabid animals going after Art in ways that we all know are WRONG. The way I look at it is that people of Art's caliber sometimes have "issues" in other areas of their life... famous/ultra-talented people sometimes have major personal issues that you are not aware of and ya gotta just accept that and move on because it's killing the vibe here and really trashing the legacy of Art's fanbase...

So, serious question:  Is this still "THE" Art Bell fan forum, or is it now the official Art Bell hate group, where people come to endlessly talk trash about the best radio host in the world?  I've seen some posts here lately that are pretty damn disturbing... post after post talking shit about Art Bell, some of these posts go way beyond calling him a liar and go down to even ripping open the most personal wounds of Art's past just to make him look bad and to make him hurt... 

To the bellgab trolls: Art Bell is the best talk show host in the world, did you forget that?  I don't even think I'm exaggerating with that statement, because even Rush Limbaugh cannot do what Art does and I think we all know this pretty well.  I think Art has created a fine legacy with the content he's created over the years and deserves some respect.  Art is gone and doesn't seem interested in coming back.  So, the horse is dead... stop beating it.  I'm beginning to wonder if some of you are actually mentally ill or OCD?  Art Bell didn't create AIDS, didn't kill puppies, and didn't take your healthcare away... he quit a fucking talk show.  Get over it and focus on the real villains of this world you dirty dirty fools.

To the Bellgab admins:  Maybe it's time you start cleaning up around here and deleting some of the vile, disgusting posts that have been made about Art since his departure?  Maybe you should make it clear that this is a "FAN" forum and that the members constantly attacking Art won't be tolerated?  I am certainly no fan of internet censorship but at a certain point there needs to be a decision made on what exactly this forum is for... is it a fan forum, or a witch hunt?  If it's still a "fan" forum then there is a lot of trash that needs to be cleaned up and lot of attitudes that need to change... I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way, even at someone "pissed off" at Art's departure...

Thanks for reading.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM
Long time Art Bell fan here and experienced bellgab lurker.  This is my first post, so go easy on me...

Ok, I get it.  Art quit again and everyone is pissed off.  To add insult to injury Art even "pawned us off" on an inexperienced/incompetent (in my opinion) host named Heather Wade, which adds only more salt to the wounds for many of us.  Obviously Art should have probably not had been allowed control of his own social media account because he tends to make emotional decisions/posts that can end his career.  Art has admitted this himself as many of you here know.  Or at the very least, Art should have lined up an experienced host to take his spot (John B Wells, for me personally).

I get all of that and I understand it because I'm pissed off too.  Like many of you I waited 2 years for Art's XM contract to be up so he could come back... and then THIS shit happens.  The big problem at Bellgab, though, is that now long time "fans" are looking more like rabid animals going after Art in ways that we all know are WRONG. The way I look at it is that people of Art's caliber sometimes have "issues" in other areas of their life... famous/ultra-talented people sometimes have major personal issues that you are not aware of and ya gotta just accept that and move on because it's killing the vibe here and really trashing the legacy of Art's fanbase...

So, serious question:  Is this still "THE" Art Bell fan forum, or is it now the official Art Bell hate group, where people come to endlessly talk trash about the best radio host in the world?  I've seen some posts here lately that are pretty damn disturbing... post after post talking shit about Art Bell, some of these posts go way beyond calling him a liar and go down to even ripping open the most personal wounds of Art's past just to make him look bad and to make him hurt... 

To the bellgab trolls: Art Bell is the best talk show host in the world, did you forget that?  I don't even think I'm exaggerating with that statement, because even Rush Limbaugh cannot do what Art does and I think we all know this pretty well.  I think Art has created a fine legacy with the content he's created over the years and deserves some respect.  Art is gone and doesn't seem interested in coming back.  So, the horse is dead... stop beating it.  I'm beginning to wonder if some of you are actually mentally ill or OCD?  Art Bell didn't create AIDS, didn't kill puppies, and didn't take your healthcare away... he quit a fucking talk show.  Get over it and focus on the real villains of this world you dirty dirty fools.

To the Bellgab admins:  Maybe it's time you start cleaning up around here and deleting some of the vile, disgusting posts that have been made about Art since his departure?  Maybe you should make it clear that this is a "FAN" forum and that the members constantly attacking Art won't be tolerated?  I am certainly no fan of internet censorship but at a certain point there needs to be a decision made on what exactly this forum is for... is it a fan forum, or a witch hunt?  If it's still a "fan" forum then there is a lot of trash that needs to be cleaned up and lot of attitudes that need to change... I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way, even at someone "pissed off" at Art's departure...

Thanks for reading.
Hi Art!  :)

trostol

Thanks for reading.

i wouldn't say everyone is pissed off..some are..for what reason i am not sure...some just are around to cause trouble..others..and probably the bigger percentage are just ambivalent and just dont care any more or just are not as ..invested in Art's life lol

GravitySucks

Thanks for reading.

Well, this did not start as BellGab.  It started out as GeorgeNoorySucks.com

Not everyone here is a an Art Bell fan, and the most disturbing posts are from people that signed up since Art Bell quit.

That being said, only time will tell if this remains an Art Bell Fan forum. Since 2016 is an election year in the US, I am sure that enough people will remain around to vent.

As long as enough Adsense dollars are being generated, MV will keep the forum going.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2016, 07:24:50 PM
Well, this did not start as BellGab.  It started out as GeorgeNoorySucks.com
As long as enough Adsense dollars are being generated, MV will keep the forum going.

Enjoyed hearing you on gabcast  --awesome !!! 

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 03, 2016, 07:32:16 PM
Enjoyed hearing you on gabcast  --awesome !!!

Really?  He was the worst part.  He sounded like an incompetent tard.

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 03, 2016, 07:35:07 PM

I liked GS as a co host   !

Auslandia

Thanks for reading.

Your opinion has been reported.  Recommend banning for caring too much.

cweb

Ok, I get it.  Art quit again and everyone is pissed off...

To the bellgab trolls: Art Bell is the best talk show host in the world, did you forget that?  I don't even think I'm exaggerating with that statement, because even Rush Limbaugh cannot do what Art does and I think we all know this pretty well.  I think Art has created a fine legacy with the content he's created over the years and deserves some respect. 

To the Bellgab admins:  Maybe it's time you start cleaning up around here and deleting some of the vile, disgusting posts that have been made about Art since his departure?
Thanks for reading.
When Art comes back, the trolls roll in. When Art leaves, the trolls roll in. It happens.

I too would like to see less inane bitching in the Art Bell thread, but sometimes this stuff just needs to work itself out. Art is a public figure and people have opinions. That's not saying they're right or wrong. I find a certain charm to the "gentle" moderation, even if some posters get annoying.

Don't let the drama llamas get you down. Post often!

... I get all of that and I understand it because I'm pissed off too.  Like many of you I waited 2 years for Art's XM contract to be up so he could come back... and then THIS shit happens.  The big problem at Bellgab, though, is that now long time "fans" are looking more like rabid animals going after Art in ways that we all know are WRONG...

Not everyone is a fan, and not everyone who was a fan has remained one in recent years.

I soured on Art's show when he was filling in on weekends from the Philippines.  Not for anything he'd said or done, but because of the guests and topics.  It seemed to me he was focused on 'consciousness', the after life, and new age junk.  He only had a few shows a month, if that, and it was as if he had time only for a handful of subjects he was most interested in (and that I was not, which was ok).  The final show I tuned into was an interview with someone named 'Starfire Tor'.  Ugh.

Coming back on Sirius, I listened to maybe 3 or 4 of those shows, then he abruptly quit.  Using as an excuse issues he had to have known about before starting the show.  Then came news of the 'non-compete'.  I didn't know which was worse, being dumb enough to agree to sign a non-compete or lying about signing one.  I preferred to think he was lying rather than being so foolish as to not consult an attorney before signing that.

But still, ok, whatever.

Then the lead up to Midnight in the Desert came.  Pleading with fans to work as his unpaid marketing team.  He seemed so rigid and petulant with his comments about this or that had better go his way or he's not doing the show.  Sharing that stuff every couple of weeks or so with people who hung on his every word was manipulative and cruel.  He seemed to enjoy jerking people around.  During the run up, first he was going to end his return over of bumper music, that got straightened out and the show was back on track.  Later there was some petty incident communicating with Keith, and he was going to end things before they got started over that.  Then that was settled and the comeback was on again. 

By this time, I lost interest in the upcoming show.  Oh sure, I subscribed, fully intending to listen to the opening segments and any guests I liked, but I just never did and finally cancelled.  Continued to follow the show activity here though.

The show finally starts, and on Fridays he begins announcing 'news' to come Monday - in similar fashion to the way he announced the news of him quitting Dark Matter (I'm ''all in'', I'll have an announcement Monday).  On MITD the 'news' next week never amounted to much, it certainly didn't affect the current listeners.  But it kept them on edge, more jerking around.  Then one day he announced, for no particular reason, that he would quit the show if there were threats made to his family - not that there had been any.  In retrospect it appears he was foreshadowing.  At the time, it was just more jerking people around.

We all know the rest.  Art's an ass.  His story isn't credible.  He isn't man enough to just say he doesn't want to do it anymore, or that his family doesn't want him to.  He owes his fans, and everyone else he's jerked around, the truth. 

coaster

The members here are allowed to speak their mind. If you want a site that is overly modded by butthurt admins, there are other choices.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't had any death threats yet.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2016, 07:24:50 PM
Not that I would expect the forum to "go away", but there seems to be a lot of pent-up anger and even hatred when it comes to the topic of "Art Bell" here.  He's such a calm, collected host that it's surprising to hear the way people feel about him.  Maybe it's just his tendency to "quit" has been taken awfully personal by some of you here because you know he's the best of the best and there really is no alternative.

If Art is gone forever then the only thing left is to either discuss old shows or constantly trash the guy.  What else is there to do on Bellgab?

Quote from: cweb on January 03, 2016, 08:01:06 PM
Art is a public figure and people have opinions. That's not saying they're right or wrong. I find a certain charm to the "gentle" moderation, even if some posters get annoying.

Don't let the drama llamas get you down. Post often!
Thanks.  And there's no issue with people having an opinion, that's certainly nothing new... but I think personally attacking him over and over is beyond any rational idea of an "opinion".  Call him a liar and move on.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 08:04:49 PM

He isn't man enough to just say he doesn't want to do it anymore, or that his family doesn't want him to.
The one thing that I don't get is how much work Keith and Art had invested to make MITD work.  It seems to me at least that Art was genuinely up for this until right before the end, the guy's 70 years old and anything that takes this much work requires a certain amount of pleasure/passion, right?  The only other possibility that makes sense was that he did all of this for the DMN and planned to turn the show over to Heather the entire time.  Remember he did try to get her to "co host" at the beginning, if that had been successful then he would have already had one foot out of the door when he was ready to quit it all again.

starrmtn001

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 03, 2016, 07:35:07 PM
You are a shallow, linear individual who whines too much.  I challenge you to co host the next GabCast.

GravitySucks

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 08:31:37 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't had any death threats yet.
Not that I would expect the forum to "go away", but there seems to be a lot of pent-up anger and even hatred when it comes to the topic of "Art Bell" here.  He's such a calm, collected host that it's surprising to hear the way people feel about him.  Maybe it's just his tendency to "quit" has been taken awfully personal by some of you here.
Not that I would expect the "forum" to go away, it just seems like whatever meaning it had may be blurry at best at this point.  If Art is gone forever then the only thing left is to either discuss old shows or constantly trash the guy.  What else is there?
Thanks. 

MV still owns GeorgeNoorySucks.com.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 08:31:37 PM
... The one thing that I don't get is how much work Keith and Art had invested to make MITD work.  It seems to me at least that Art was genuinely up for this until right before the end, the guy's 70 years old and anything that takes this much work requires a certain amount of pleasure/passion, right?  The only other possibility that makes sense was that he did all of this for the DMN and planned to turn the show over to Heather the entire time.  Remember he did try to get her to "co host" at the beginning, if that had been successful then he would have already had one foot out of the door when he was ready to quit it all again.

My guess is he doesn't think ahead, that he likes the idea of doing a nightly show until the reality sets in.  I also don't think Airyn wanted him out in the shed doing the show every night.  He should have just said so.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: trostol on January 03, 2016, 07:21:09 PM
i wouldn't say everyone is pissed off..some are..for what reason i am not sure...some just are around to cause trouble..others..and probably the bigger percentage are just ambivalent and just dont care any more or just are not as ..invested in Art's life lol

I am going to call you guys out every time I see this, unless you all conspire to flood the site with this kind of "investment" talk and overwhelm my capabilities. Trostol, how callous of you.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 08:58:17 PM
My guess is he doesn't think ahead, that he likes the idea of doing a nightly show until the reality sets in.  I also don't think Airyn wanted him out in the shed doing the show every night.  He should have just said so.
Yeah, I don't know.  He could have gone to 3 nights a week, or even 1 night a week and I think most fans would still be stoked enough to pay for the show.

anunnaki

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 08:04:49 PM
Not everyone is a fan, and not everyone who was a fan has remained one in recent years.

I soured on Art's show when he was filling in on weekends from the Philippines.  Not for anything he'd said or done, but because of the guests and topics.  It seemed to me he was focused on 'consciousness', the after life, and new age junk.  He only had a few shows a month, if that, and it was as if he had time only for a handful of subjects he was most interested in (and that I was not, which was ok).  The final show I tuned into was an interview with someone named 'Starfire Tor'.  Ugh.

Coming back on Sirius, I listened to maybe 3 or 4 of those shows, then he abruptly quit.  Using as an excuse issues he had to have known about before starting the show.  Then came news of the 'non-compete'.  I didn't know which was worse, being dumb enough to agree to sign a non-compete or lying about signing one.  I preferred to think he was lying rather than being so foolish as to not consult an attorney before signing that.

But still, ok, whatever.

Then the lead up to Midnight in the Desert came.  Pleading with fans to work as his unpaid marketing team.  He seemed so rigid and petulant with his comments about this or that had better go his way or he's not doing the show.  Sharing that stuff every couple of weeks or so with people who hung on his every word was manipulative and cruel.  He seemed to enjoy jerking people around.  During the run up, first he was going to end his return over of bumper music, that got straightened out and the show was back on track.  Later there was some petty incident communicating with Keith, and he was going to end things before they got started over that.  Then that was settled and the comeback was on again. 

By this time, I lost interest in the upcoming show.  Oh sure, I subscribed, fully intending to listen to the opening segments and any guests I liked, but I just never did and finally cancelled.  Continued to follow the show activity here though.

The show finally starts, and on Fridays he begins announcing 'news' to come Monday - in similar fashion to the way he announced the news of him quitting Dark Matter (I'm ''all in'', I'll have an announcement Monday).  On MITD the 'news' next week never amounted to much, it certainly didn't affect the current listeners.  But it kept them on edge, more jerking around.  Then one day he announced, for no particular reason, that he would quit the show if there were threats made to his family - not that there had been any.  In retrospect it appears he was foreshadowing.  At the time, it was just more jerking people around.

We all know the rest.  Art's an ass.  His story isn't credible.  He isn't man enough to just say he doesn't want to do it anymore, or that his family doesn't want him to.  He owes his fans, and everyone else he's jerked around, the truth.

Well said + 100%