• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on February 18, 2014, 05:08:13 PM
You should call into the Spec Sheet to get the answer to this question. Live tech support would be amazing. I can't wait to listen. Who wants popcorn? ;)

i could but it would disturb the gf's lifetime network watching.

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on February 18, 2014, 05:15:51 PM
i could but it would disturb the gf's lifetime network watching.

You don't want to do that. People have been killed for less.

Catsmile

Quote from: wr250 on February 18, 2014, 05:04:52 PM
is there a link so i can play spec sheet in vlc ? this is because i updated my os and now everything wants to go over the HDMI and i want it to go through my headphones. vlc i can redirect, i cant redirect chrome or Firefox.

Michael Vandeven's (UFOShip.com)

http://50.7.98.106:8457

Here is an ALT. as well.

http://willstare.com:8900/

Catsmile

Spec Sheet...
Spec Sheet...
Spec Sheet...
Spec Sheet...

Catsmile

Spec Sheet is now streaming live, only 35 minutes late.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Check out my setup:

[attach=1]

jazmunda

You are starting to look semi-professional. Nice rig!

You need a box fan to complete the picture. Window mounted ACs just won't cut it.

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on February 18, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

You need a box fan to complete the picture. Window mounted ACs just won't cut it.
Why isn't everything reversed? I'm confused.

The General

Quote from: MV on February 18, 2014, 09:39:31 PM
Check out my setup:

[attach=1]
Wow, nice!  You should see my setup...
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

onan

Quote from: The General on February 18, 2014, 10:22:24 PM
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

ooohhhhh!!! I see you have the new "high capacity" string.

The General

Quote from: onan on February 18, 2014, 10:50:18 PM
ooohhhhh!!! I see you have the new "high capacity" string.
I also recently upgraded to the metal ear/mouth pieces rather than the wax paper.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on February 18, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

and a apple computer, not a winders 7 one. that way you could be more like falkie, esp if you put a box fan or 6 around, and some empty pizza boxes.
*waits for banhammer*

MV/Liberace!

latest episode available here.

area51drone

Quote from: The General on February 18, 2014, 10:22:24 PM
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

LOL

area51drone

god I love your show.  What is it going to take for all of us to do monetarily, in order to get a show a week out of you guys?    Or do you think if you were getting paid for it it would be less fun and therefore the show would go to suck town?

100% agree with you about the glasses camera.  I had the exact same thought yesterday.  That is why I'd want Google glass, just to take pics of my kids without having to hold up my stupid phone.  A camera that could take *fast* pictures would be awesome.   As I'm sure you are both aware, taking kid pics with a camera phone is a blur.

What is that box on top of your PC with two cords coming out of it, MV?  Nice choice of trackman mouse btw... I switched to those when they came out and have never gone back to a regular mouse.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on February 19, 2014, 06:03:43 PM
god I love your show.  What is it going to take for all of us to do monetarily, in order to get a show a week out of you guys?    Or do you think if you were getting paid for it it would be less fun and therefore the show would go to suck town?

ultimately, it would be great to get paid for doing the show, but we have to deliver a more consistent schedule for that to be a possibility.  horse before the cart.  i think once we get THAT house in order, good things will follow (if the show is any good).

What is that box on top of your PC with two cords coming out of it, MV?  Nice choice of trackman mouse btw... I switched to those when they came out and have never gone back to a regular mouse.

the box is a focusrite scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface.  it's the best sound card i've ever owned.  awesome SNR.  i got it set up and working literally minutes prior to the show tuesday night.  that's why we were late.  i rewired everything.  the trackball mouse is a logitech m570.  i love a good trackball, but this thing is a cheaply produced piece of chinese shit and i do not recommend it.  it's lightweight and too susceptible to dirt/debris causing what i like to refer to as "ball drag".

area51drone

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2014, 06:46:14 PM
i love a good trackball, but this thing is a cheaply produced piece of chinese shit and i do not recommend it.  it's lightweight and too susceptible to dirt/debris causing what i like to refer to as "ball drag".

When I can find them on ebay, I buy the T-B618.  It's better than the one you have but hard to find now.  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Wheel-Optical-Silver/dp/B00005NIMJ   $260.. ouch.

It's a heavier model, obviously wired which I like better.  But you're right, you have to occasionally clean the ball, the contacts and the sensors.    I bet I only have to do it once every six months though.  Mice have the same problem.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on February 19, 2014, 07:03:37 PM
But you're right, you have to occasionally clean the ball, the contacts and the sensors.    I bet I only have to do it once every six months though.  Mice have the same problem.

this logitech seems as if it needs to be cleaned almost daily.

area51drone

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

I have two of those and although they aren't my regular trackballs so I use them less frequently, I haven't ever had to clean them.    Must be all the left over residue from the POV videos you've been watching ..   ::)

Seriously though, it gets a really high review on Amazon even, I don't think it'd get 4.5+ stars if people had to clean them every day.  Something's wrong with yours.   The form factor for the older model is also different and better, IMO.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2014, 06:46:14 PM
  it's lightweight and too susceptible to dirt/debris causing what i like to refer to as "ball drag".

Must ... resist ... urge to be crass.

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on February 20, 2014, 03:30:44 AM
Must resist urge to be crass.

It must be really tough for you..

saxgod

Yo MV and everyone else.  So happy about this, but PS4 is winning.  YIPPY.  Down with XBox.....Down with XBox.....

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 20, 2014, 03:30:44 AM
Must ... resist ... urge to be crass.

why resist?  i thought i was setting someone, ANYONE, up for a home run.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: saxgod on February 20, 2014, 03:32:04 PM
Yo MV and everyone else.  So happy about this, but PS4 is winning.  YIPPY.  Down with XBox.....Down with XBox.....

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

that's good.  i hope it's really true, though.  sometimes, these types of stories pop up and look a certain way on the surface, but there's often something left out for the purpose of setting up a certain narrative.

"Curtis, have you ever considered doing a podcast?"

- Michael Vandeven during Radio Train Wreck, December 6, 2009.

[attachimg=1]

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2014, 04:32:51 PM

George's grandkids visit this forum for fucks sake. Have some fucking class.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

You can't beat an optical mouse. I got a corded one, and jumps around at times on my dirty desk, but I just whip it back into shape by a wiggle and stroke. I've thought of cleaning the optics w/rubbing alcohol, but not necessary yet. I probably deal more w/the mouse tail or cord that plugs into the back of the CPU.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 20, 2014, 06:44:59 PM
"Curtis, have you ever considered doing a podcast?"

- Michael Vandeven during Radio Train Wreck, December 6, 2009.

[attachimg=1]

MAN that's a trip.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2014, 04:32:51 PM

I'm still trying not to ask why your mouse needs cleaned every day...

Tarbaby

Still down here in the Archives. I've finished all the SpecSheets and Gabcasts. (I've been here since the Gabcasts began so I didn't need the archies for them). But I still have 26 TrainWrecks to go. I listened to one last night where EvB returned after a 6 month hiatus of no MVDRT episodes. Now that I've heard a lot of episodes I would vote that the TrainWreck episodes are the most solid. Lots of thought and effort on the presentation, the topics, the entertainment value, the bumpers, the music, the segues. Sometimes the trainwrecks can get too serious or negative or preachy so, for me, those aren't as fun. But in the long run Michael's impish sense of humor and quick wit delivers entertainment value. I recommend any new arrivals that see this jump into the archives now and then. The one last night, I think 3 years ago, MV reported a monthly download rate of 5,000 or 6,000.
   EvB was very tired, working on her thesis in those days, and wasn't doing proper show prep! :)