• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

NXOEED

Quote from: ItsOver on December 14, 2013, 10:16:43 AM
And it wasn't that long ago Art was pedaling the virtues of "extraterrestrial radio" on DM.  ::)  To paraphrase a certain Pres, we didn't leave Art, Art left us.

I've never been able to shake the feeling that Art is a bit contemptuous of his fanbase.

McPhallus

Quote from: NXOEED on December 19, 2013, 04:41:15 PM
I've never been able to shake the feeling that Art is a bit contemptuous of his fanbase.

You can't blame him, since so many of them are batshit crazy.

Still, that little tussle with DarkPenguin will likely go down as one of the lowpoints of his career.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on December 19, 2013, 05:03:40 PM
You can't blame him, since so many of them are batshit crazy.

exactly.  the whole c2c/art bell universe seems to attract some rather... uhh, unique people.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
exactly.  the whole c2c/art bell universe seems to attract some rather... uhh, unique people.
Hey Emeffer!

Falkie2013

If it weren't for the net, many of the crazies would be out on the main streets telling us we're all doomed or are going to die because of sex, jesus, aids.

If you're ever in downtown sf go look at the powell st turntable across from the Powell Street Bart station.

The same Jesus freak types with the loudspeakers and signboards have been there since the 1960s when we used to have Woolworths and before that Rexall drugs ( OWL drugs in sf ) that used to stay open 24 hours.

I miss woolworths for all the neat stuff they used to sell and for the root beer and lunch.

Another company that expanded into Wooolcos and stuff and drove itself into bankruptcy.

And the old Emporium before someone decided to remodel the market like basement and then they went bellyup to and were bought by Federated which took over as Macy's or Bloomingdales. And turned the landmark Kaufmann's in Pgh. into just another blah, blah Macy's.
" Lets meet in front of the clock " got turned into meeting in front of the shlock. I have nothing against Macy's but it ain't Kaufmann's.

'Meet me under the Kaufmann's clock' turns 100

Meeting Under Kaufmann's Clock at Macy's by James and Megan

Falkie2013

Authentic Pittsburgh accents in this one too.
;D

light up night pittsburgh 2013

At least there's still the Oyster Bar, the oldest bar in Pittsburgh and maybe in the country for all I know.

Light Up Night in Downtown Pittsburgh

I keep waiting for someone to do Christmas songs in authentic Pittsburghese as G*d intended.
;)

For some reason Californians don't light up their houses like people in the 'Burgh do.
I filmed some video of houses around here but Iphoto put it all into one giant video and it wouldn't load to You Tube so I'm going to have to re-install them on my Mac. Once I'm out of being sick its time for another trip to the Genius Bar.
Next year I'm going to buy an Ipad so I won't have to keep dragging my Imac back and forth.
I got my new portable Buffalo HD and put Mavericks on it but have no idea how to put the old stuff from OSX6.8 over to it.
I wanted to be able to run my old games and stuff and yet be up to date. Drive works fine so does Mavericks so far.
I love Christmassy stuff. Just could never be a Christian because of what has been done to our and other people in the name of religion and hatred/bigotry.
I don't approve of what the Israeli governments have done at times either but still support Israel's right to exist.
And can never understand why the Jews of Israel and the Muslims cannot get along since we have the same Father Abraham and the same G*d and are brothers or at least cousins.

munbeam666

And can never understand why the Jews of Israel and the Muslims cannot get along since we have the same Father Abraham and the same G*d and are brothers or at least cousins.
[/quote]
Jews, Christians and Muslims: It's a faction fight over who the messiah is......or at least a family feud

Falkie2013

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 19, 2013, 08:31:28 PM

Jews, Christians and Muslims: It's a faction fight over who the messiah is......or at least a family feud

Well, to most Jews, we don't believe the Messiah has come yet. Except for the Lubbevitch Orthodox who think their Rabbi was the Messiah.
The signs of the Messiah coming were not met according to the tenets of our religion from what I've read.

heater

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 19, 2013, 08:38:36 PM
Well, to most Jews, we don't believe the Messiah has come yet. Except for the Lubbevitch Orthodox who think their Rabbi was the Messiah.
The signs of the Messiah coming were not met according to the tenets of our religion from what I've read.

random question for you Falkie.  How many hours a day do you spend on the internet?

heater

this is only my personal opinion but I created a new thread for us all to follow the random (and sometimes off-topic) posts of Falkie.  Falkie you owe it to your audience to focus your off-topic posts and conversations to this new thread so we may be able to have a better experience and interact with you!

You can find the thread here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425

DanTSX

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 19, 2013, 08:38:36 PM

Mosaich Now!

Funny to see the "somewhere in time" chosen for this week.. Hmmm..

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 9/15/94 when prophecy expert John Hogue talked about Nostradamus and other seers.

DanTSX

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 9/15/94 when prophecy expert John Hogue talked about Nostradamus and other seers.

I miss the irony.

That is a fairly old show though.  Even for SIT.  I'm looking forward to it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 09:42:17 PM
this is only my personal opinion but I created a new thread for us all to follow the random (and sometimes off-topic) posts of Falkie.  Falkie you owe it to your audience to focus your off-topic posts and conversations to this new thread so we may be able to have a better experience and interact with you!

You can find the thread here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425

I had thought since I talk about Bellgab and Noory so much it was relevant.
So now I'm being put into some kind of Bellgab ghetto like some second class poster ?
I'm not at all sure if I like this idea and the last thing anyone should bring up is being off topic. Since Art quit DM and left over Poopy Penguin or whatever the hell his name was ( I know it but I'm making a point, considering AB referred to him as poop ) this and the AB quits DM thread have been primarily OFF TOPIC predominately.
And as I seem to recall, threads are for discussion and elaboration about things that one thinks are relevant to the topic.
Or have I been doing it wrong by some arbitrary or undefined standard since the days of Prodigy, Genie, AOL, The Well and more ?

:-X :-X :-X :-X :( >:( >:( >:(

Free Falkie ?

heater

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 19, 2013, 11:38:49 PM
I had thought since I talk about Bellgab and Noory so much it was relevant.
So now I'm being put into some kind of Bellgab ghetto like some second class poster ?
I'm not at all sure if I like this idea and the last thing anyone should bring up is being off topic. Since Art quit DM and left over Poopy Penguin or whatever the hell his name was ( I know it but I'm making a point, considering AB referred to him as poop ) this and the AB quits DM thread have been primarily OFF TOPIC predominately.
And as I seem to recall, threads are for discussion and elaboration about things that one thinks are relevant to the topic.
Or have I been doing it wrong by some arbitrary or undefined standard since the days of Prodigy, Genie, AOL, The Well and more ?

:-X :-X :-X :-X :( >:( >:( >:(

Free Falkie ?

#freefalkie  that's what I was thinking with the thread.   no bellgab ghetto's here.  You should post often and have fun!  But...posts like the most recent youtube embeds seem to me, and this is just an opinion I have no official capacity in terms of posting admin rights, would be better served in their own thread.  You have plenty of posts about Noory and AB that completely deserve to be in these threads and don't stop them.

I have a hard time understanding where the offshoot thoughts bring discussions for stuff in the Art Bell thread:

Quote from: Falkie2013
Another company that expanded into Wooolcos and stuff and drove itself into bankruptcy.

I don't approve of what the Israeli governments have done at times either but still support Israel's right to exist.

Authentic Pittsburgh accents in this one too.

I'm trying to help you and in no way censor what you have to say, only organize the musings of Falkie in a place they can be highlighted rather than skipped over.  You have no problem starting a monologue, but until now you haven't really known where it belongs so you add it into threads like this one.  Hell treat the thread as a companion blog to all the videos you post.  I think many other members would agree, if I am wrong I'll never bring it up again!

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

It's great to go back to a time when I didn't think John Hogue was a douche. I can never get my innocence back. You monster!

It's also a "new" classic show. God bless Premiere Radio, C2CAM and George Noory. If it wasn't for those bastards we wouldn't be able to get access to lost Art Bell classics.

georgesucks

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
Yes, the people in the "art bell universe" do march to their own drummer. The jury is still out if that is good or bad. I think it makes the world less boring.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 18, 2013, 02:07:12 PM
Hey sci-fi...FUCK YOU YOU ASS KISSING SNORGE AND TAMMY LOVING ASSHOLE JERK OFF...try to come back when you can  make some sense. Now go back to ur reg min wage job that supports that budding sci fi writing career. Ha fucking loser. You make me sick how u r just the hero of the world defend the poor snorge and tammy from the big bad men...why you know him and are buddys with him? Why do you care so much blowhole? Go fuck yourself...opps the boss is calling better go bus that table and wash those dishes or you won't be able to support that writing career ha ha !

Heh, look at you bursting blood vessels. Here's how I know you make next to no money; you haven't made the connection between job vetting and the internet. Anyone that makes meaningful money doesn't post like you do, because they understand that there is a chance that an employer might see it.

I'm guessing you're either some angry fast food employee that takes it out in forums without ever realizing that your real problem is an IQ of 85, or some guy in India paid to collapse forums. Your shitty English skills betray as much.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 20, 2013, 04:15:08 AM
Heh, look at you bursting blood vessels. Here's how I know you make next to no money; you haven't made the connection between job vetting and the internet. Anyone that makes meaningful money doesn't post like you do, because they understand that there is a chance that an employer might see it.

I'm guessing you're either some angry fast food employee that takes it out in forums without ever realizing that your real problem is an IQ of 85, or some guy in India paid to collapse forums. Your shitty English skills betray as much.

SciFi, any fooll what makes realmoney dont give flying fuk bout no pimp employer reeding their stupit mispellified posts.

ziznak

Art Bell Universe bitches!!! na wut um sayin!? nigga what!?

steelbot

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 20, 2013, 04:15:08 AM

So, making "real" money, lets talk about that generalization here, do you really think that posting to the an internet forum under the name CarlosSpiceyWiener or something is going to effect your "future job" opportunities?  How, unless you tell them, OH and by the way my user name is x on Bellgab, they'd look at it and laugh.  It's a forum not Facebook, there's to high a level of anonymity on here to worry about such things.  As for how much money someone does or doesn't make, lol, pulling out all the stops here aren't ya of trying to make someone feel bad and rip on them, but in reality I have never even been asked if I have a Facebook page for any job interviews, except by the VA, when I was getting out of the military.  If you are worried about the "connection" and fearful of the internet why would you even be on here.  Wouldn't there be the potential for someone to see YOUR posts too, and what you've said could instantly get you fired, especially for comparing lower IQ'd people to a person from the country of India.  How classy!

b_dubb

falkie is bellgab for non-sequitir

Falkie2013

Quote from: b_dubb on December 20, 2013, 02:08:50 PM
falkie is bellgab for non-sequitir

Them's fightin' words, suh ! I'm callin' yewwww out  !

>:( >:( >:(

In the meantime, new video up. See my thread and I wish I could change the title of it.

b_dubb

what does your post have to do with Art Bell? or anything else being discussed?  it's a statement of fact.

He posted this on Facebook

jazmunda

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 20, 2013, 02:23:27 PM

In the meantime, new video up. See my thread and I wish I could change the title of it.

What would you change it to?

imagine

Falkie2013: 
QuoteI had thought since I talk about Bellgab and Noory so much it was relevant...And as I seem to recall, threads are for discussion and elaboration about things that one thinks are relevant to the topic.

Therein lies the problem...relevant to the topic.  Not for your personal monologues on:

Your car, girlfriends, Pittsburgh, health, pets, fans, apartment, new mic, Israeli government and the list goes on dominating the threads paragraph after paragraph none of which are on topic.  Nor is it necessary for any one poster to feel the need to respond to each and every post.  Others don't.

This isn't the first time you've been called out on it.  Many others have posted about it as have I in the GNS thread fairly recently asking what your rambling post about your private life had to do with the topic of the thread.  Judging from the IM's I received there are many posters who are sick and tired of your monopolizing the threads about your personal life, some have even stopped posting.

Yet, you don't seem to care what many, if not most, feel about you using these forums for your own personal use as you continue to ignore the numerous subtle and some not so subtle comments.  Nor do you seem to realize how you are taking advantage of MV's good graces in making this forum available to ALL OF US and not for your daily diary.

Juan

But we relish off-topic posts, such as yours which does not mention Art Bell.