• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

***BREAKING*** Explosion in NYC

Started by Richard Groyper, September 17, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

mikuthing01

Damn it i just got home and /pol/ is going nuts now i have to find out if its happening or they are just autistic.

aldousburbank

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 17, 2016, 09:03:51 PM
Damn it i just got home and /pol/ is going nuts now i have to find out if its happening or they are just autistic.

Can't it be both?

bateman

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 17, 2016, 09:03:51 PM

It is indeed. Subways are shut down in the area and counterrorism units deployed.

norland2424

Quote from: bateman on September 17, 2016, 09:11:49 PM
It is indeed. Subways are shut down in the area and counterrorism units deployed.

How far away are you from this?

bateman

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 09:14:01 PM
How far away are you from this?

I'm in Brooklyn now but was in that area 30 mins before this happened.

Possible 2nd device found...

Liberals: Lets not jump to conclusions. Remember: not all Muslims.

mikuthing01

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 09:18:16 PM
Possible 2nd device found...

Liberals: Lets not jump to conclusions. Remember: not all Muslims.

#NotAllAmish

Man ppl are going crazy.  Whacked out, as Noory says.  If the rumors are to be believed, there's something happening in a Charlottesville mall (power transformer?) a shooting in Chicago (surprise), a small plane down in Arizona, & this NY situation.  Not sure how much is just random Saturday night happenings, this doesn't really fit the pattern of past attacks.

bateman

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 09:27:58 PM
bateman, your mayor is a real piece of work.

"Work" is one word you could use, yes.

Quote from: bateman on September 17, 2016, 09:28:32 PM
"Work" is one word you could use, yes.

lol. I'd feel very reassured by his comments. He oozes strength. I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this incident.

"I set off explosive devices on purpose, never to harm tho. Just for the lulz..."

bateman

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 09:30:31 PM
lol. I'd feel very reassured by his comments. He oozes strength. I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this incident.

It really is quite a feat to appear weaker than Mike Bloomberg, but De Blasio makes it look easy.

Quote from: bateman on September 17, 2016, 09:34:02 PM
It really is quite a feat to appear weaker than Mike Bloomberg, but De Blasio makes it look easy.

Apparently Trump is being called out on Twitter for calling the device a 'bomb?' Trying to incite fear? Yes, Trump is the dangerous party in all of this.

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 09:38:14 PM
Apparently Trump is being called out on Twitter for calling the device a 'bomb?' Trying to incite fear? Yes, Trump is the dangerous party in all of this.

Well the "It's Bush's fault" theme is rather getting long in the tooth.   

bateman

Reports that the second device is a pressure cooker.

norland2424

Wonder how credible this is , from a Reuters article

investigation told Reuters that investigators were considering the possibility that the blast was accidentally triggered by construction explosives."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 09:38:14 PM

rekcuf, when will you learn?! It alright to call millions of Americans racist but to call an explosive a bomb?! That's just ridiculous!  ::) :D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 09:22:00 PM
Im glad that it seems as if that ied didn't have any shrapnel in it, nails , ball bearings etc.

I've been looking for a source that describes the natures of injuries, concussive v. shrapnel.  If no shrapnel here, it's hard to believe a trained terrorist would not pack such a device with injurious objects.

Just heard a couple people who witnessed the blast describe it, sounds like a gasoline bomb.

bateman

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 09:42:59 PM
Wonder how credible this is , from a Reuters article

investigation told Reuters that investigators were considering the possibility that the blast was accidentally triggered by construction explosives."

Old report, I think.