• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Up All Night

Yeah, and this the Clinton assistant in charge of transferring the messages from the server . . . .

136 or 142

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 11, 2015, 12:18:17 AM
Polls are pretty meaningless when there's no nationally known opponent. No one's paying any attention yet except the news junkies.  Webb and O'Malley are unknown outside the Beltway. 

1.I'm not sure why her favorables/unfavorables would be effected by their being no nationally known opponent.  Especially given that she has pretty much 100% name recognition.

I personally have mixed feelings about her, but she would easily be better than any Rethuglican on their 'clown car.'

136 or 142

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 10, 2015, 09:46:19 PM
Agreed former liberal Dennis Miller is still as funny as ever!

Dennis Miller may have at one time been a Democrat, but if you check out what he and his friends both say, he was never a liberal, but at best a conservative Democrat.

analog kid

There's still two supreme court justices up for grabs, right? That's more important than Hilary or whomever else gets the nomination, and I'm not interested in the Republicans' insane push for total conservative ideological purity in every institution in the country. It's all they care about. It's all they talk about. When they argue that something is broken, it's not an argument that it needs to be fixed, or one that offers solutions to fix anything, it's about purging its "liberalism." This country is already gone so far to the right it's quasi-radioactive.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 11, 2015, 04:15:00 AM
I personally have mixed feelings about her, but she would easily be better than any Rethuglican on their 'clown car.'
She's only going to provide the fuel that would lengthen and strengthen the rise of the paleo-right in America. The country is shifting further right and is in for a self-inflicted very rough ride in coming years.

Up All Night

http://rt.com/usa/complete-emails-guccifer-clinton-554/

Hillary Clinton's 'hacked' Benghazi emails: FULL RELEASE

On the back of widespread public interest RT has decided to publish in their entirety a series of memos which were allegedly sent from a one-time White House aide to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The emails, which were allegedly sent by former political adviser Sidney Blumenthal to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, were forwarded to RT by a hacker using the alias “Guccifer.”

Guccifer was credited with hacking the AOL email account of Blumenthal last week, though the authenticity of the emails has not been verified.

The purported memos appear to contain sensitive information regarding the September 11, 2012 attacks on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, as well the January 2013 hostage crisis in In Amenas, Algeria.

Blumenthal has been refraining from comments so far. RT reached Blumenthal's son Max, who confirmed that his father will not be making any remarks about the leak.

Up All Night

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5f35e25c77194546822769b2f9672fe3/ap-sues-state-department-seeking-access-clinton-records

WASHINGTON (AP) â€" The Associated Press filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the State Department to force the release of email correspondence and government documents from Hillary Rodham Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

The legal action comes after repeated requests filed under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act have gone unfulfilled. They include one request AP made five years ago and others pending since the summer of 2013.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, comes a day after Clinton broke her silence about her use of a private email account while secretary of state.

AP has joined the growing list of Liberal press sharpening their knives. Leading the charge is the NY Times, Hillary's Fanboys are now dropping like flies.

analog kid

Quote from: Up All Night on March 11, 2015, 11:21:44 AM
http://rt.com/usa/complete-emails-guccifer-clinton-554/

Hillary Clinton's 'hacked' Benghazi emails: FULL RELEASE

On the back of widespread public interest RT has decided to publish in their entirety a series of memos which were allegedly sent from a one-time White House aide to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The emails, which were allegedly sent by former political adviser Sidney Blumenthal to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, were forwarded to RT by a hacker using the alias “Guccifer.”

Guccifer was credited with hacking the AOL email account of Blumenthal last week, though the authenticity of the emails has not been verified.

The purported memos appear to contain sensitive information regarding the September 11, 2012 attacks on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, as well the January 2013 hostage crisis in In Amenas, Algeria.

Blumenthal has been refraining from comments so far. RT reached Blumenthal's son Max, who confirmed that his father will not be making any remarks about the leak.

Looks legit.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: analog kid on March 11, 2015, 12:24:27 PM
Looks legit.

Assuming it is, it backs up the initial administration assertion that these were uprisings based on umbrage with an internet video.  Subsequently, we learned of Ansar al Sharia and the probable Saudi (surprise, surprise) funding link.

I see no smoking gun about prior knowledge or US military assets being waved off.  I see no immediate knowledge of the true source of the attack; in fact it appears the real time assessment, though flawed, of violent protest was a working theory, not something devised after the fact to "attack conservatives".

The e-mails also show there was considerably more going on than we knew, or that Darrell Issa, after spending $40 million to date, has told us.

Still do not like Hillary.

albrecht

Quote from: analog kid on March 11, 2015, 12:24:27 PM
Looks legit.
Ignore the messenger on this one. The Guccifer stuff appears to be legit the poor guy, some Romanian, is currently being prosecuted and the FBI etc was going crazy trying to find him. He hacked into quite a few famous people's emails. Of course the problem one cannot be certain that they all are legit or that agencies didn't manipulate or put out others that are fake to muddy the waters but these and most I've seen appear to be legit. And they wouldn't come after the guy with so much manpower and cost if he didn't hack the stuff.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on March 11, 2015, 01:25:35 PM
Ignore the messenger on this one.

Of course, because this doesn't fit your "Hillary KNEW" garment rending narrative, does it?

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 11, 2015, 02:18:18 PM
Of course, because this doesn't fit your "Hillary KNEW" garment rending narrative, does it?
When did I say "Hillary knew?" Ok maybe I did at some point over the decades of scandals, about Whitewater, the Arkansas Prison Blood, Park-O-Meter, Lewinski, Lolita flights and trips, foreign funding for the Clinton foundation, Charlie Trie, Mr.Hsu and the other Chinese and Indonesian campaign money, etc and that she knew she was breaking the law, regulation, and procedure when using her private email server and address for government correspondence. About Benghazi itself I don't think I ever said "she knew." Yes, she knew it wasn't a youtube caused attack and likely knew about the cover-up. She might have known about whatever gun-running or CIA operations being done there and in the region but doubtful of all the details as she is a security risk (as viewed by those agencies likely.) I don't think she actually knew the attack was planned or coming- she just knew about the aftermath, the cover-up, the lies, the spin, the purges, etc.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on March 11, 2015, 02:56:11 PM
When did I say "Hillary knew?" Ok maybe I did at some point over the decades of scandals, about Whitewater, the Arkansas Prison Blood, Park-O-Meter, Lewinski, Lolita flights and trips, foreign funding for the Clinton foundation, Charlie Trie, Mr.Hsu and the other Chinese and Indonesian campaign money, etc and that she knew she was breaking the law, regulation, and procedure when using her private email server and address for government correspondence. About Benghazi itself I don't think I ever said "she knew." Yes, she knew it wasn't a youtube caused attack and likely knew about the cover-up. She might have known about whatever gun-running or CIA operations being done there and in the region but doubtful of all the details as she is a security risk (as viewed by those agencies likely.) I don't think she actually knew the attack was planned or coming- she just knew about the aftermath, the cover-up, the lies, the spin, the purges, etc

This feels like an episode of Perry Mason where the guilty party weakly denies before exploding into the mea culpa.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 11, 2015, 10:55:52 PM
This feels like an episode of Perry Mason where the guilty party weakly denies before exploding into the mea culpa.
I love Perry Mason. An interesting analogy but I doubt a Clinton would ever get onto a stand and as a trained lawyer she would be too clever to breakdown as she has a long, sordid history of bearing up to scandals. And Bill is too popular and clever and could devolve even a Perry cross into a philosophical inquiry into the semantics and the meaning of words like "is" or "alone." Though I'm sure when Paul mentioned the supposed Clinton "lolita flights" and trips to sex islands with a pedophile billionaire Della would raise some eyebrows at Perry in concern.

Juan

Rumors are that this is all about getting the Democrats to draft Mrs. Obama as their candidate.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on March 12, 2015, 10:17:40 AM
Rumors are that this is all about getting the Democrats to draft Mrs. Obama as their candidate.
I would love a Billary/Dr.Zira* cat-fight for the nomination. It would be ugly but fun political spectacle.

*even an Emmy winning, homosexual, Latino make this joke and comparison. You would think someone who fits the Obama agenda perfectly (Hollywood, homosexual, Latino) would be kinder to Michelle. But nope. Bad television host, no "dreamer" status for you (I'm kidding I think he already is a US citizen, though I'm not sure via what method, but apparently he voted for Obama twice.) Still he got canned. Maybe Barack will take sympathy and he could become a "body-man?"
http://news.yahoo.com/univision-fires-rodner-figueroa-michelle-obama-182010184.html

NowhereInTime

Yeah, no.  Michelle has no interest in running.  She still wants to get out of the limelight of politics.

Juan

I'm interested in learning how you know this.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Juan on March 13, 2015, 10:44:10 AM
I'm interested in learning how you know this.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/politics/2014/10/michelle-obama-california-senate-future

Please note when directly asked, she emphatically denies political ambition.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/no-means-no-for-michelle-obama-112293.html

Please note sources close to her who know her know how much she despises the political process.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145118-wait-michelle-obama-planning-run-senate-2016/

Please note in the article that, even though they try to make the case that she will run, the President himself quashed that with a joke.  He knows her vehement disgust with campaigns and the machinations of Washington.

What you may not know is that she really didn't want the family exposed to the rigors of campaigning but conceded when Barack made his case for the "moment in time".  I will tell you as an active Democrat campaigner (worked several cities here in CT for the 2008 primaries and general) that the rumors were rife with her adamant stance that he was one shot at this then done if he didn't win. You can take that for what its worth but she will not seek office.  She really, really hates politics.

VtaGeezer

Sounds like a Limbaghism.  But she'd be better than HRC.

136 or 142

"Hillary's splendiferously, perfectly, full of shit. She's the Mask of Nefertiti of full of shit. She's figure out Pi to the end full of shit."

This is deeply ironic given that now that Miller has devolved into, as Richard Belzer put it, "a fascist teabagger", he doesn't believe in Pi.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 14, 2015, 04:32:04 AM
This is deeply ironic given that now that Miller has devolved into, as Richard Belzer put it, "a fascist teabagger", he doesn't believe in Pi.
Being 2nd banana to Bill O'Reilly at the traveling cult gatherings is his best meal ticket since SNL flushed him.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 14, 2015, 10:08:31 AM
Being 2nd banana to Bill O'Reilly at the traveling cult gatherings is his best meal ticket since SNL flushed him.
It amazed me that people actually pay and show up to those events (O'Reilly, Beck, Obama, etc.) I can't quite fathom it. It is one thing to be a captive audience (say your driving in a rural area and the only channel you can pick up is AM and their show) but to actively travel, buy tickets, and seek them out? Bizarre. Pay to listen to political rantings or some guy asking for your support or money?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on March 14, 2015, 10:12:55 AM
It amazed me that people actually pay and show up to those events (O'Reilly, Beck, Obama, etc.) I can't quite fathom it. It is one thing to be a captive audience (say your driving in a rural area and the only channel you can pick up is AM and their show) but to actively travel, buy tickets, and seek them out? Bizarre. Pay to listen to political rantings or some guy asking for your support or money?
I didn't call their shows cult gatherings facetiously. The Fox "News" cast and all the radio demagogues all rake in big money from speaking performances.  They don't have viewers/listeners, they have followers who are usually more zealous about their ideology than their religion.  We have acquaintances who went to an O'Reilly/Miller show in LA; they paid over $150/seat for the balcony, and they buy all his superficial ghost-written "books" in hardcover.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 14, 2015, 11:37:18 AM
I didn't call their shows cult gatherings facetiously. The Fox "News" cast and all the radio demagogues all rake in big money from speaking performances.  They don't have viewers/listeners, they have followers who are usually more zealous about their ideology than their religion.  We have acquaintances who went to an O'Reilly/Miller show in LA; they paid over $150/seat for the balcony, and they buy all his superficial ghost-written "books" in hardcover.
It is bizarre but, I guess, more power to them making a buck (or big bucks!) I can't fathom what people watch on tv these days either. So, to be a good liberal, to each his own. But I still am amazed. I will except Obama and politicians, though I mentioned them above, because there might be some "gain"- but only if you are a real donor. In which case you aren't at rallies with the hoi polloi. But maybe you want to see history or etc. But I can't see how anyone just showing up to watch a rally or speech gains, especially if it takes cost and effort (skip work, travel, etc.) But much more bizarre is to do same and pay $ to listen to OReilly, Beck, etc for money! But, as I said, primetime tv and most of the movies being put out baffles me also.

albrecht

It is the NY Post so take with a grain of salt but it would make sense. Hillary and Obama still have a lot of bad blood from the initial primaries (remember how Obama operatives treated Hillary and her supporters and then, more recently, how Hillary has made some statement criticizing Obama etc.)
http://nypost.com/2015/03/14/obama-adviser-behind-leak-of-hillary-clintons-e-mail-scandal/
and here is Obama joking about Billary (and even rubbing it in to the American people regarding his mysterious and foreign background.)
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/235748-obama-jokes-about-hillary-emails-at-white-tie-dinner

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on March 15, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
It is the NY Post so take with a grain of salt but it would make sense. Hillary and Obama still have a lot of bad blood from the initial primaries (remember how Obama operatives treated Hillary and her supporters and then, more recently, how Hillary has made some statement criticizing Obama etc.)
http://nypost.com/2015/03/14/obama-adviser-behind-leak-of-hillary-clintons-e-mail-scandal/
and here is Obama joking about Billary (and even rubbing it in to the American people regarding his mysterious and foreign background.)
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/235748-obama-jokes-about-hillary-emails-at-white-tie-dinner

No, it's true.  The Clintons characterized Obama as an "outsider" and basically laid out a template to attack him from within the Democratic Party.  He magnanimously (okay, so it was probably a deal for the '08 Dem. Convention) gave a position of critical importance for our country to her and, as a Clinton, what did she do?  Exposed his flank with her stumble and subsequent poor response over Benghazi, allowing this 15 times resolved issue to fester as a wedge. Idiot.

rzr1911

damn. I should have left out 'scumbag'.