• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2015, 10:37:59 AM
The callers are certainly more real and entertaining than that "other" crap show.  I'll have to admit I'm looking forward to the night when things have settled-in, we're all used to having Art back, and we don't have to hear everybody keep welcoming Art back.   ;)

Don't get me wrong.  I more than understand all the caller's excitement but Art certainly has more patience than I do.  ;)  Let's get on with the show!

Art is like Ohio State Football...he just attracts the best talent!

CornyCrow

The callers are certainly more real and entertaining than that "other" crap show.  I'll have to admit I'm looking forward to the night when things have settled-in, we're all used to having Art back, and we don't have to hear everybody keep welcoming Art back.   ;)

Don't get me wrong.  I more than understand all the caller's excitement but Art certainly has more patience than I do.  ;)  Let's get on with the show!
Yes.  Art is very polite to his callers, but what else can he do?  I'm sure it bothers him, too, because he wants to keep the show entertaining.  D

CornyCrow

Yes.  Art is very polite to his callers, but what else can he do?  I'm sure it bothers him, too, because he wants to keep the show entertaining. 

Did you hear that person with the combo of a poor connection and a very thick Scottish accent?  I put captioning on on my tv during some UK broadcasts.  People speak very rapidly sometimes and they mumble through their words. 

DynamoHum

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 04, 2015, 10:52:08 AM

Did you hear that person with the combo of a poor connection and a very thick Scottish accent?  I put captioning on on my tv during some UK broadcasts.  People speak very rapidly sometimes and they mumble through their words.

You aren't alone, I am in the UK and have problems with some Scottish accents. There's also a presenter on DMDN who speaks so rapidly that I am completely unable to understand what she says. She's not Scottish, however.

ItsOver

Ha!  Yes.  Art, the Urban of Radio.  Go Bucks!  Go MiTD!

zeebo

MITD just keeps getting better.  Can't wait to see what happens next.  8)

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on August 04, 2015, 11:49:35 AM
MITD just keeps getting better.  Can't wait to see what happens next.  8)

I really wanted Stanton Freidman...and WALA! He appears tonight! I'm very excited! If you go back into Art's archives you don't see many interviews with Stanton so I think this is a rare and special event...

ItsOver

Great!  Stanton is always wasted on Dave.  Who isn't.

Fun with Knapp but nobody, that's nobody beats The Bell.

briantroutman

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
That is such Bullshit, I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour…

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:18:25 AM
I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour…

I’m glad we got to see both before and after Art self-censored himself. I think it’s quite endearing, actually.

pyewacket

Quote from: Ms. C on August 04, 2015, 10:19:32 AM
Thanks pyewacket, for a great and important post.  I would also like to hear an apology and explanation from the guests who were no-show ... that is beyond unprofessional and Art and the listeners really do deserve feedback from them!!! 

Art's open lines last night was a great show (and I don't think we missed Bassett & company) BUT I for one despise this unprofessional behavior they displayed by not showing up and not letting anyone know why!

Mrs. C you make me blush. It's far from a great and important post, just a call for common courtesy. Older folks like me remember a time when it was a common practice in our society. 

The open lines are great ONLY because it's Art taking the calls- we all know what a disaster that can be with the wrong host. Plus, Art's show attracts better quality callers.  ;)

Faustina

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 04, 2015, 08:42:00 AM
It's too bad George doesn't put the same effort into the show that he does with his 'side' projects, kissing corporate ass, and trying to undermine Art

Maybe he knows his show would still suck so why bother

There was a guest last week that mysteriously cancelled at the last minute too.  Pretty high percentage of non-appearances considering the show's only been going for two weeks.

BellBoy

Quote from: pyewacket on August 04, 2015, 01:07:16 PM
The open lines are great ONLY because it's Art taking the calls- we all know what a disaster that can be with the wrong host.

A lesser broadcaster would have folded under the pressure of last minute open lines. Art knows how to fly that "Mother" like no one else and does so with style and panache. Kudos Art and kudos Heather (Redacted)!

BattyBrooke

A couple of guests Art should have on. Something tells me these two wouldn't fold for Dave. Dr. Robert Lanza and/or Dr. Stuart Hameroff
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on August 04, 2015, 01:44:54 PM

....A lesser broadcaster would have folded under the pressure of last minute open lines. Art knows how to fly that "Mother" like no one else and does so with style and panache...
It's such a relief to have Art at the controls, rather than looking into the cockpit and seeing Dave.

BattyBrooke

I completely agree. Art is gracious but having to be so gracious at the start of every other call has to be exhausting, (not to mention boring for him and us!). That lady lastnight that was giggling and gushing at the beginning of her call like a schoolgirl at an Elvis concert was more than I could bear.

Quote from: Faustina on August 04, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
There was a guest last week that mysteriously cancelled at the last minute too.  Pretty high percentage of non-appearances considering the show's only been going for two weeks.

It's funny that George Noory is assumed to be behind these little mysterious incidences when they come up.  As he should be - there is enough evidence from past events to show he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

It would appear he came on BellGab and lied to us about it as well.  What sucky POS' he and Tommy and the rest of them are

And yet Richard C Hoagland was quite happy there with them all along until he was fired as 'Science' Advisor

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 04, 2015, 02:04:25 PM
It's funny that George Noory is assumed to be behind these little mysterious incidences when they come up.  As he should be - there is enough evidence from past events to show he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

It would appear he came on BellGab and lied to us about it as well.  What sucky POS' he and Tommy and the rest of them are

The days of Dave worshiping himself will soon be at an end! If Art can pull to the top in the Portland market, secure WABC (and other Clear Channel stations) in NYC, then it will all be but a matter of time for C2C...

Faustina

If Noory & Company are threatening Art's guests with "if you're on Art's show, don't expect to be on c2c anytime soon," then that could be a deterrent to guests who are doing radio shows primarily for publicity.  c2c still has a larger listening audience. 

The absolute last minute non-appearance of Bassett and the other guest last night, just not being available on Skype at the pre-arranged time, indicates to me that a c2c operative got to them at the last minute.  Sad, coz it means that Art probably had better not advertise his guests being on his show until the very last minute (thereby giving c2c operatives zero time to contact them and issue their warning).

Queen

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
Well hi everybody. As you might guess I have been a very busy guy. I hear the buzz about the new price coming August 20th but I have been telling people about it and there is still plenty of time to join and be frozen at the five buck price. It is the Time Travel people who allow the live show to be free so we think it is still a good deal. This was only done after we were able to figure expense for operating.

When you do this for yourself, you pay for it yourself. Many people have the Idea that the Internet is free, they are wrong!

BTW, first person to figure out our new Producer gets a gold star.

Art

Hey. Wheres my gold star!!!

Zoxo

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:18:25 AM
I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

P.S. I thought it was a great show and FUN!

Any word as to what happened with these clowns Art?

Art Bell

It is a VERY big mystery. I get to the Studio a Hour ahead of time, I saw a invite on Skype from Bassett, so I accepted and his was Orange (away) so I figured he was set and just waiting, I started calling him at 8:50 again and again, by 8:55 I started calling his Emergency back up number several times and got only voice mail. By 9:20 I went to break having waited as long as I could. At that point I had no choice but to go to open lines. As far as the congressman who was to come on in the next Hour that would not work because Bassett was the set up for that, besides I was well into open lines by then. So I still have no clue what happened to Bassett, it's like he just wasn't there. He also never tried to Skype or call me. Weird. When doing a show with a no show, a Talk Host has no choice, as the old saying goes, "The show must go on" that is still all I know, nobody seems to know why he never at least answered his back up line????

On the plus side, it was FUN.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:04:59 PM
It is a VERY big mystery. I get to the Studio a Hour ahead of time, I saw a invite on Skype from Bassett, so I accepted and his was Orange (away) so I figured he was set and just waiting, I started calling him at 8:50 again and again, by 8:55 I started calling his Emergency back up number several times and got only voice mail. By 9:20 I went to break having waited as long as I could. At that point I had no choice but to go to open lines. As far as the congressman who was to come on in the next Hour that would not work because Bassett was the set up for that, besides I was well into open lines by then. So I still have no clue what happened to Bassett, it's like he just wasn't there. He also never tried to Skype or call me. Weird. When doing a show with a no show, a Talk Host has no choice, as the old saying goes, "The show must go on" that is still all I know, nobody seems to know why he never at least answered his back up line????

Art

I think this can only go to help you with your new listeners, Art.  You are a true professional and that came out clearly last night.

Zoxo

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:04:59 PM

Art

ton of fun!!! It was great speaking too you a week ago Friday on open lines!! I was the first guest to comment that i was watching you on periscope!

Faustina

Maybe I've been listening to Clyde Lewis too much, but something is fishy here about Bassett's no-show.  It is well within the realm of possibility, imo, that c2c operatives (as I like to call them... hehe) scared him off doing Art's show at the last minute.  But even if they did, he could at least have answered his second line and said he had a personal emergency come up and couldn't do the show, or even sent a text or email saying such.  To just leave Art hanging is hugely unprofessional as well as a wuss-out.  If you're gonna bail coz you want to go on c2c again, at least have the courtesy to make up a fake excuse and let Art know you're gonna bail.  Bassett is on my shit list now (granted, not that he probably cares).   So not impressed.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Faustina on August 04, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Hmmm.  What would happen if Art tries a month of announcing guests ahead of time and then a month of NOT pre-announcing his guests, at all?  He is the main point why we listen, after all. 

This would give some indication of someone possibly tampering again.   

CornyCrow

Quote from: BellBoy on August 04, 2015, 01:44:54 PM

A lesser broadcaster would have folded under the pressure of last minute open lines. Art knows how to fly that "Mother" like no one else and does so with style and panache. Kudos Art and kudos Heather (Redacted)!
Yeah.  Art is such a pro and handles his callers so well. 

InykRose

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 04, 2015, 06:16:19 AM
Well, my secret is out and everyone knows my shiny brand new title is Producer for the one and only Art Bell.

So... I am putting out a call for Guest suggestions!  I want names, I want numbers, and I want to know who you want to hear on Midnight In The Desert!  Send a PM or feel free to email me at Producer@ArtBell.com if you have a Guest suggestion for Art!  Don't be shy.

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best.

FallenSeraph

Fell asleep to the voice of Art. Woke up at 2:39 a.m. to the voice of Hoagland and the usual sounds of him bumbling around his "studio" and, later, the even more annoying sounds of Hoagland and his guest attempting to talk over each other. I don't think either of them managed to complete a sentence. It was a rude awakening, to put it mildly. I lasted about 15 minutes before I switched over to an archived Ground Zero podcast. I would rather the soundtrack to my insomnia be the manic rants of Passionately Nuts Clyde (and I say that with love) than the thundering "you-can-hear-it-from-space" ego of Hoagie. No offense to the Hoagland fans out there.

Sorry - do I sound beeeeeeetchy? Let's blame hormones!  :D

That said, Art could just do Open Lines every night and it would still be the most awesome show out there. Glad you're back, Art!