• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Ouija Board Story

Started by guildnavigator, July 23, 2010, 07:34:12 PM

Orzunoid

I just listened to the program where he mentioned the witch and the 'ancient' ouija board.  It was during the Ghost to Ghost 1995 show (1995-10-31), if you have it and want to take a listen. A caller tries to pry it out of him and he mentions a little more than he ever did.

such a creepy subject, even more so after he refuses to speak on it so adamantly.

holy shit, i do not remember starting this thread two years ago!

Sardondi

Quote from: Addis0n on August 21, 2011, 11:49:24 PM...I can only guess it has to do with the woman who claimed she was a witch and delivered to art the very very old ouija board to his hotel or whatever in las vegas.  Apparently she told him something about his personal life that there is no way she could possibly know according to him. I think he also mentioned he got rid of this board or something about it scared him after or something.

Quote from: pidgeotto on March 05, 2012, 09:18:23 PM...But to be serious I don't think there is an Art ouija board story, and if there is  and it was that good ? he would have told it long ago. He loved playing that sounds of hell clip and certain other things over and over.

Perhaps he would have brought it up with Harlett or perhaps father Martin, would have made for some great content....

Meh, I recall having heard Art on at least three separate occasions over the years say that he had had an experience with a Ouija board that disturbed him and that he would not discuss it. I never heard him say that a woman delivered a board to him and that she knew unknowable personal details. But if he indeed said that, then one explanation for his reluctance to tell the story is that what she unaccountably knew had to do with his son's abduction and molestation.

As you probably know Art tried his damnedest to protect the privacy of his family over this tragedy, even extending to him leaving radio for a period of time in the late 90's. Even though Art was pursued by heartless muckrakers for years, and some terribly painful facts about the crime committed against his son were improperly made public, he has always refused to discuss the incident.

So if the "old woman with the Ouija Board" knew something about that crime, I can see how Art would say he was never going to discuss it on the show. But then the reason would be his vow to try to protect his family, not his fear of the Ouija Board. (Art has also said he wouldn't discuss his two UFO sightings, and I've never heard him say why.)

As for him throwing a board away and it magically reappearing, I've heard 3-4 callers say this over the years, but not Art.

*edit* (I hadn't seen this before I posted.)
Quote from: Orzunoid on April 13, 2012, 02:50:17 PM
I just listened to the program where he mentioned the witch and the 'ancient' ouija board.  It was during the Ghost to Ghost 1995 show (1995-10-31), if you have it and want to take a listen. A caller tries to pry it out of him and he mentions a little more than he ever did.

How did you listen to 1995 GtG shows? I've only seen little 5-minute segments culled from shows older than 3 years.

Orzunoid

Quote from: Sardondi on April 14, 2012, 01:31:53 AM
How did you listen to 1995 GtG shows? I've only seen little 5-minute segments culled from shows older than 3 years.

Specifically I don't remember but I have a pretty large collection.  All of my collection from 2008 to present I recorded myself using a CCWitness (am radio recording mp3 player). Everything earlier than that was either downloaded from collections I found online or transferred from cassette.

It may or may not help but if you have iTunes there was an Art Bell podcast up a year or so ago.  I think the guy uploaded something like 10-12 shows, but one of them was a 10 hr GtG compilation.  Not sure how much of it was from the '95 shows, though.

Ghost Stories with Art Bell pt.5

Art's Ouija Board non-story starts at time index 5min to 6:44min. Might be more on the other clips for this show. Originally Aired: 1995

Sardondi

This is too weird - after reading Orzunoid's post I went looking for G2G mp3s, and found this very one from 95. I was just listening to it when Art told the Ouija Board story word for word just like Addison said it happened...and at the very instant Evil Twin of Zen was posting it! The story is more precisely @ 5:30.

There are no coincidences!

*edit* BTW, in pt 7 of the vid of the 95 G2G, Art talks about how he will not say more about the Ouija Board because it scares him "too damn much". @ 8:28 here: Ghost Stories with Art Bell pt.7

Quote from: Sardondi on April 16, 2012, 08:13:48 PM
This is too weird - after reading Orzunoid's post I went looking for G2G mp3s, and found this very one from 95. I was just listening to it when Art told the Ouija Board story word for word just like Addison said it happened...and at the very instant Evil Twin of Zen was posting it! The story is more precisely @ 5:30.

There are no coincidences!

he don't know me very well do he? - - - (Red Skelton's character "Junior")  8)

bluth co.

I've always wanted to know the details behind the story but idk, I think that not knowing the story is actually better because your imagination can kind of take over. I feel like if Art did actually tell the full story, i'd be somewhat disappointed.

shadefc09

I've wondered about this a bit. It's been 4 yrs, any new info?

Also, the next time art guest hosts we need to organize the forum to blast his lines and wormhole requesting the ouija board and 2 ufo stories. If we hold his lines and wormhole hostage he'll have to tell us.

Robert

The Parker Bros. model my friend Michael got seemed to have too much friction -- the planchet never moved unless we deliberately pushed it pretty hard.

Addis0n

Quote from: shadefc09 on April 14, 2016, 01:06:05 AM

Also, the next time art guest hosts we need to organize the forum to blast his lines and wormhole requesting the ouija board and 2 ufo stories. If we hold his lines and wormhole hostage he'll have to tell us.

I'm willing to help with this if he ever decides to come back on air

I wouldn't trust a goddamn thing Art said about ~ (s)talking boards ~ .

I feel a turn coming on.

Jackstar

Like most of Art's stories, the one about the Ouija board ends with, "... and then I quit doing it."

Quote from: shadefc09 on April 14, 2016, 01:06:05 AM

Art has told the 2 UFO stories more times than I can count. Art has also told the Ouija story a million times, but he never says what made him freak out.

Addis0n

which defeats the purpose of telling the story!

Jackstar

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 27, 2016, 04:40:51 AM
he never says what made him freak out.

The story I heard, and the one I believe, is that the board spelled out "WE KNOW YOU'RE A MASON" and then he had to stop, because oaths.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 27, 2016, 11:46:10 PM
The story I heard, and the one I believe, is that the board spelled out "WE KNOW YOU'RE A MASON" and then he had to stop, because oaths.

Well, what I was told, is that the talking board spelled out "WE KNOW YOU ARE MASON REESE" and that really got up into Art's shit. I would be upset, too.  A spokesperson for Underwood Deviled Ham?  No thanks.

The Earth is honeycombed.

Peace.

Hugh Jankles

Long time listener & lurker. Been listening to this show with my dad since I was 4. Man, how times fly.

Anyhow! Been listening to a lot of Art's Ghost to Ghost stuff as well as his EVP Guests. He talks frequently about his Ouija Board Experience but won't say exactly what. At one point in one of the shows he hints at maybe telling it, so the possibility is always open.

This has gotten me so damn curious. I really want to know what was told to him. I'd imagine it was just a glimpse of his future & things played out the way outlined & maybe things still to come which is why he's afraid to talk about it? I can't imagine it was just flickering lights & strange poltergeist activity as to the reason he just won't talk about it.

I appreciate you previous posters outlining the shows you heard & what you think it may be. Hoping he will spill the beans one of these days. Hopefully this Halloween!!!