• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on December 31, 2013, 10:05:19 AM
last day at work is one week from Thursday.  really looking forward to not working at hyper shitty multinational conglomerate.  reeeeaaally looking forward to that.
The Dubbmeister pulls up before he slams into the mountain of career suicide. Nice going dude! Now that I know you're going to be around I look forward to that beer sometime. I will look around for that non-mentally inflaming kind strain of herbal mental relaxationess as well. I might have some in one of my drawers back at home wherez I keep stuffs, or in my other pants. I'll keep you infirmed, I mean informed.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 01, 2014, 11:05:03 AM
MyA lady, and her yoga pants.  :P
I'd second that +1 ( A lady...not Your lady Aldous, you know me better than that!  ;D )

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on January 01, 2014, 04:31:41 PM
I'd second that +1 ( A lady...not Your lady Aldous, you know me better than that!  ;D )

What wrong with AB's lady? Is she not good enough for you?

ziznak

Quote from: jazmunda on January 01, 2014, 04:42:34 PM
hmmmm I'll bet she knows some shit too!!!

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on January 01, 2014, 04:42:34 PM
lol, nah - I just wouldn't comment on another mans lady, at least not in that way. While she's wearing Yoga pants, could be some double entendre I'm missing :o

aldousburbank

Quote from: ziznak on January 01, 2014, 04:44:25 PM
hmmmm I'll bet she knows some shit too!!!
She is a wizard in super cute lady camouflage. A danger to all mankind. But especially to me. Coming up on 26 years and I am more infatuated with her than ever. WTF?  This is the work of the devil.

AC400KICK

Playing with my 2 year old niece and 12 year old nephew. They grow up so fast.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 01, 2014, 05:25:04 PM
She is a wizard in super cute lady camouflage. A danger to all mankind. But especially to me. Coming up on 26 years and I am more infatuated with her than ever. WTF?  This is the work of the devil.

We just celebrated 15 years. 9 married, 6 in blissful sin.

aldousburbank

My collection of 40-some tribal commemorative silver coins. This is reverse side of the Comanche coin.

[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

Yoga pants and hot chicks. Yoga pants and fat chicks not so much.  Like a sack of leaves.  Eww.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on January 10, 2014, 07:07:43 PM
Yoga pants and hot chicks. Yoga pants and fat chicks not so much.  Like a sack of leaves.  Eww.

What are your thoughts on yoga pants and camel toe?

aldousburbank

I fucking hate yoga pants. Except when The Mrs is wearing them. Then I totally love yoga pants.

wr250

and then there is this bit of anti joy

A man (or woman) has got to know his limitations....  (RE:  that dreadful photograph above....)  :-[

I like those tribal coins, Aldous!  The 8th of this month, I believe, was the anniversary of Crazy Horse's last battle at Wolf Mountain.   

jazmunda

Today was one of my happiest and proudest days of my life.

I grew up spending summer vacations on the Gold Coast in Australia. I spent my days body surfing or bodyboarding. For years and years it was a big part of my life but over the last few years I haven't set foot in the Pacific Ocean.

Two weeks ago I re-entered those familiar blue green waters. It felt like coming home. Yesterday I took my 5 year old daughter and my 30 year old bodyboard into the water. At first she was nervous and I would have to lift her up and take her over the breaking waves. She was holding on for dear life. I even have a deep scratch on my neck from her little fingernails that dug into my skin.

For most of the day we bodyboarded in tandem. Her on the front of the board and me kicking and steering at the back. He shouts of glee everytime we successfully took a wave in melted my heart. Hearing her say "again daddy!" made me so happy. Towards the end of our session I thought I would let her take her own wave in and gave her a push as the wave was about to break. She immediately fell off the board and was dunked unceremoniously and tumbled end over end. My heart skipped a beat. I dived in after her and pick her up. She wiped the salty water from her eyes, looked up at me and said, "That was awesome daddy!"

Today we ventured into the great blue again and this time she was a brave little champion. She was taking waves in all by herself. I couldn't have been more proud. She got dunked a few times and I explained to her that sometimes you catch the waves and ride it all the way in and you feel like your on top of the world and sometimes you get dunked but the important thing is is that you get yourself back up on that board and do it all again. It's just like life baby.

When we got back I heard her excitedly telling her 2 year old sister about her day and she related my advice about getting back on the board no matter what happens and she ended it with, "It's just like life baby." My 2 year old parroted back, "Life Babies".

Yorkshire pud

Top story Jaz; thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to get children confident in water, they're far less likely to get into problems later because they know their abilities and  limitations and how to respect it. (thumbs up smiley) :)

aldousburbank

Jaz, your swim story brings me joy!

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 15, 2014, 08:45:49 AM
Top story Jaz; thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to get children confident in water, they're far less likely to get into problems later because they know their abilities and  limitations and how to respect it. (thumbs up smiley) :)

Swimming is a big part of our culture. I think 85% of the population live within 50km (30 miles) of the coastline. Both my kids were in pools from a very early age.

A new surfer was born today. I haven't the heart to tell her that the beach near our house is a bay that has virtually no waves. Vacation is over today and we are heading home. Time to go back to work and pay off this past three weeks of bliss.

maureen

Quote from: jazmunda on January 15, 2014, 07:38:50 AM
Today was one of my happiest and proudest days of my life.

I grew up spending summer vacations on the Gold Coast in Australia. I spent my days body surfing or bodyboarding. For years and years it was a big part of my life but over the last few years I haven't set foot in the Pacific Ocean.

Two weeks ago I re-entered those familiar blue green waters. It felt like coming home. Yesterday I took my 5 year old daughter and my 30 year old bodyboard into the water. At first she was nervous and I would have to lift her up and take her over the breaking waves. She was holding on for dear life. I even have a deep scratch on my neck from her little fingernails that dug into my skin.

For most of the day we bodyboarded in tandem. Her on the front of the board and me kicking and steering at the back. He shouts of glee everytime we successfully took a wave in melted my heart. Hearing her say "again daddy!" made me so happy. Towards the end of our session I thought I would let her take her own wave in and gave her a push as the wave was about to break. She immediately fell off the board and was dunked unceremoniously and tumbled end over end. My heart skipped a beat. I dived in after her and pick her up. She wiped the salty water from her eyes, looked up at me and said, "That was awesome daddy!"

Today we ventured into the great blue again and this time she was a brave little champion. She was taking waves in all by herself. I couldn't have been more proud. She got dunked a few times and I explained to her that sometimes you catch the waves and ride it all the way in and you feel like your on top of the world and sometimes you get dunked but the important thing is is that you get yourself back up on that board and do it all again. It's just like life baby.

When we got back I heard her excitedly telling her 2 year old sister about her day and she related my advice about getting back on the board no matter what happens and she ended it with, "It's just like life baby." My 2 year old parroted back, "Life Babies".
what a delight!! a hug to all "life babies"!  :D :-*

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on January 01, 2014, 08:52:11 PM
We just celebrated 15 years. 9 married, 6 in blissful sin.

Congratulations Jaz! We just celebrated our 20th on Monday.

Still crazy goofy in love. It amazes me how the years go by so fast. Just saying the numbers outloud surprises me.

On Yoga...been doing so for quite some time. 6 days a week. But varies. I always have my yoga mat nearby, even in my painting area. Especially helpful if a bit stressed or feeling out of sorts. If I'm in between errand or working, even a quickie five minutes does wonders.

Or before bed, stretching helps my mind shut off and sleep more soundly.

aldousburbank

Ok Chine, I take back everything bad I've posted about yoga.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2014, 08:49:37 AM
Ok Chine, I take back everything bad I've posted about yoga.

Must have missed something. Don't remember you posting bad about yoga. Was just sharing how it's brought me joy from benefits is all.  Apart from that...how are you and mrs?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Chine on January 16, 2014, 10:07:36 AM
Must have missed something. Don't remember you posting bad about yoga. Was just sharing how it's brought me joy from benefits is all.  Apart from that...how are you and mrs?
She's at her hot effing yoga class. :-X  I am resting up from a night of flaunting my superpowers. Also getting ready for Train Journey Visits Of My Peeps Ver 3.0 in the next week or so.

I became pro-burkha, anti-yoga pants when I had a university job in which I was overexposed to the devils' outfit to the point of wanting to stab my eyes with an icepick daily. Forcing the "Latino Male" who honors his monogamous lifestyle into this gear grinding situation was not doing anybody any good. (The poor Mrs had a hungry jaguar come home every afternoon).  I quit. I guess I've had a sore spot, so to speak, about public display of yoga paraphernalia and yoga assets ever since.  :-\

Great story, Jaz!  Cherish those moments -- they are what you will remember most fondly and fervently!

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2014, 10:25:29 AM
She's at her hot effing yoga class. :-X  I am resting up from a night of flaunting my superpowers. Also getting ready for Train Journey Visits Of My Peeps Ver 3.0 in the next week or so.

I became pro-burkha, anti-yoga pants when I had a university job in which I was overexposed to the devils' outfit to the point of wanting to stab my eyes with an icepick daily. Forcing the "Latino Male" who honors his monogamous lifestyle into this gear grinding situation was not doing anybody any good. (The poor Mrs had a hungry jaguar come home every afternoon).  I quit. I guess I've had a sore spot, so to speak, about public display of yoga paraphernalia and yoga assets ever since.  :-\
Good luck man - let me know if you're in MY area (back home).  Have safe travels!! - I have no yoga pants comments this afternoon.  I prefer my yoga pants...removed.  THey're actually very restrictive  :P :P

I was in traffic court years ago for a "California stop" at a right turn, caught on a redlight camera.

Sitting next to me was an older Vietnamese guy, fair to poor English. The kind of guy who dresses in his best suit and hat and brought his wife with him in HER best duds, just because he has that much respect, even though it's only traffic court. As he's shuffling through his papers, I see that he brought maybe six to eight letters what look like character reference letters from his church, employer, etc. Obviously he takes this very seriously. I wonder what his excuse is going to be.

The process is the same for every case. The prosecution plays a video of what the camera captured. The judge has a case file with pictures of the driver, the vehicle, and the license plate.  Each and every person up to this point claims that there must be some kind of mistake (didn't run the light, you got the wrong guy, etc.)  I try to mask a laugh by coughing as one guy watches his video and says, "No way that's me, man.  I dint run the light by that much."

Now it is the old Viet guy's turn.  He squeezes his wife's hand, rises, and makes his way up to the defendant's table.

I watch the video of his car blowing through a red light.  The POV is from the rear of the car.  This does not look like a car this man would drive.  This man does not look like someone who would speed up to blow through a red light.  This man, in fact, does not look like someone who has ever reached the speed limit while driving his car.

The prosecution drones out a set of facts and it's his turn to speak. In a soft but clear voice he pleads guilty.

The judge peers over his glasses at this guy, looks back at the paperwork in front of him, looks back at the guy.  There is a pregnant pause.  In a kindly voice, not present from this judge at any point earlier in the day, he tells the old fart that he can clearly see from the camera pictures that the driver is a man in his twenties who doesn't look a damn thing like this guy. So if he will just tell the Court who the REAL driver is, the judge will dismiss the case and ticket the actual driver.

The old guy seems to be struggling with both his understanding of the process and the English language.  He starts to say something, stops, looks back at his wife.  She nods, and he faces the judge again, and says in a surprisingly clear voice that no, it is my responsibility, please tell me what the fine is and I will pay it.

About this time I'm thinking that this old Viet guy is taking the fall for a relative, probably his son.  A son that doesn't appreciate the Old Paths and has been an ongoing burden to his family.

Apparently the judge thought so too, because he dismissed the case.

aldousburbank

DPsmuggler, that is awesome story!