• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 24, 2015, 12:37:18 PM
Just traded Connor McDavid for Patrick Kane, Ryan Getzlaf, Henrik Lundqivst and a 1st. Massive hype overload. I think the Rogers commercials that run every commercial break featuring McDavid has brain washed the Canadian masses.

Is this a keeper league?

HumanBeing

Phil Kessel... the next Alex Semin.
8)

albrecht

Now, I've been here before and lots to go in the season but my Caps and Stars season thus far? And the year I didn't place some future bets in Vegas or online on a whim which, usually, I can never redeem because they lose? Sucks, though in a reverse-jinx type of deal- this could be one of their year!

trostol

line brawl at the end of Sens-Bruins game

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 09:52:43 PM
line brawl at the end of Sens-Bruins game
Damn hockey is becoming my favorite sport. Doc Emrick could do the play by play of a cow being milked and it would be as interesting as any NBA or MLB game to me.

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on December 29, 2015, 10:03:46 PM
Damn hockey is becoming my favorite sport. Doc Emrick could do the play by play of a cow being milked and it would be as interesting as any NBA or MLB game to me.

he used to be a lot better

sampson2625

Is anybody following the world junior hockey championships?

trostol

Quote from: sampson2625 on December 29, 2015, 10:06:47 PM

i would but i do not have what ever channel is on..would love to so i can follow the Flyers prospects

GravitySucks

Quote from: sampson2625 on December 29, 2015, 10:06:47 PM

Gabrielle and I are. But she is a Canuck so she has to.

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 10:06:15 PM
he used to be a lot better
Found out the other day that he did the play by play for Brett Favres first game. I gotta try and find that on youtube.

cweb

Quote from: akwilly on December 29, 2015, 10:03:46 PM
I've soured on him the last 10 years or so. Just rambles on a bit much for me.

My coworker has worked with Doc several times and apparently he's a really fun, awesome guy.

pate

Ima lawst, lost, lust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfYnaoFqPA

EmmJay, [please, our only hope] move to moar apprieat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7MsB77bl1Q

ditjet: Will try on own!

trostol

i wish some team would hire Pierre just to get him off TV

ShayP

We still doing a fantasy league?

cweb

#JohnScottAllStar

That is all.

Taco Bell

The John Scott thing chaps my ass. Trade the guy then bury him so he never plays again. Garbage move by the league and the teams. Scott would have brought some laughs to what has become a snoozefest of a weekend. He never gives the same cookie cutter responses to questions like you hear throughout the league.

Liked the guy when he was in Chicago, always glad to see him on the ice no matter the team he's on...too bad he won't be on the ice at the ASG.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 18, 2016, 04:19:39 PM
The John Scott thing chaps my ass. Trade the guy then bury him so he never plays again. Garbage move by the league and the teams. Scott would have brought some laughs to what has become a snoozefest of a weekend. He never gives the same cookie cutter responses to questions like you hear throughout the league.

Liked the guy when he was in Chicago, always glad to see him on the ice no matter the team he's on...too bad he won't be on the ice at the ASG.

he was barely an NHLer but..he was voted in..he should have/should still be allowed to go..i get it was done in jest to show the ASG selection process is a farce..but this is less then bush league to do

HumanBeing

Quote from: trostol on January 18, 2016, 04:24:48 PM
he was barely an NHLer but..he was voted in..he should have/should still be allowed to go..i get it was done in jest to show the ASG selection process is a farce..but this is less then bush league to do

I thought the Habs organization were pretty classless to go along with this.
I'm a Habs fan  :-X

When it all went down even Bob MacKenzie basically said the NHL and Arizona were complicit in this situation. Even though they all will tow the party line and never admit it.

However, Bob was on TSN690 Montreal radio this morning and his stance had now loosened with regard to the conspiratorial side of things.
So I wouldn't be surprised if some of his valuable sources, no one is more connected than Bob, said this is not something we want to have exposed.

It was a greasy move by all involved. The timing of it reeks.
On a side note I could always go and see John Scott play now  ::) The IceCaps are in my neck of the woods  ;D

Taco Bell

From a Hawks fan to a Habs fan, sorry about those beatings over the past week. Surprised at the slide in Montreal after that fast start.

Taco Bell

NHL anounced John Scott will still play as the Pacific Captain in the ASG despite trade.
Glad for that guy.

cweb

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 19, 2016, 11:04:35 AM
NHL anounced John Scott will still play as the Pacific Captain in the ASG despite trade.
Glad for that guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

HumanBeing

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 18, 2016, 07:59:13 PM
From a Hawks fan to a Habs fan, sorry about those beatings over the past week. Surprised at the slide in Montreal after that fast start.

It must be fun being a Hawks fan  8) Great team. I think they'll repeat this year and win the Cup.
Also nice steal signing the bread man Panarin. Kane and him have some great chemistry. They are fun to watch.

Price has been out for most of the season but Condon has not been terrible at all. Habs just can't score. Plus not having a #1 center hurts them.
Desharnais is a joke. Plekanec would ideally be a 3rd line center, #2 on his on good days, which are few and far between.
Galchenyuk has some promise. But the lack of depth at center really is hurting his progression.

At least they can sing  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpW2ssbsGM

Fan do the vote in a terrible but likable player to the All-Star gimmick almost every year as a protest. I think it started with Rory Fitzpatrick back when he was with the Canucks.

Taco Bell

But did anyone deliver some fresh rhymes about him, like they did for Zemgus Giergensons?

https://youtu.be/PYSRbeYswGQ