• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 07:50:07 PM
Sure...OK... ;D

I was accepted by Colorado State University but I had to turn it down because I had health problems and it was too far from home. That is the biggest regret of my life.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 28, 2017, 08:02:19 PM
I was accepted by Colorado State University but I had to turn it down because I had health problems and it was too far from home. That is the biggest regret of my life.

I'm not questioning your credentials, just your motives.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 28, 2017, 08:02:19 PM
If you went to CSU you would be a pothead hippie, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 08:13:02 PM
I'm not questioning your credentials, just your motives.  ;)

Heh-heh

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 28, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
Heh-heh

Truth Stranger Than Fiction Files: It's like Blofeld just bought his way into MI5, the CIA, etc. and now he runs the world and gives Bond his orders. Thanks a lot, greatest generation!  ::)

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2017, 08:19:12 PM
If you went to CSU you would be a pothead hippie, not that there is anything wrong with that.

LOL. Nope,  I was already firmly anti-drug even at that age.  I would have limited my abuse to just alcohol.  lol. I was also firmly on the right by that point.  Believe me, I had a few profs at UGA and Rutgers that tried to indoctrinate me and I never talked back to them.  I just kept my mouth shut.  Shame is I liked them outside of their politics.  I think at this point in time, I was probably the most conservative person in my family when it came to politics.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2017, 01:29:01 PM
Weird...a few days ago you were saying how the storm was being over hyped by the press. Who in Trumps own heartland would have listened to an order to evacuate? Those rough tough (and mainly obese) Texans aren't going to leave just because they're told if they stay they might die. No way. God will look after them...Well, after the coastguard, police, fire crews, and other rescue services get snowed under with calls to help.

Nobody ever thought a British accent sounded manly. Nobody ever thought a Texan accent sounded faggy.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2017, 01:29:01 PM
Weird...a few days ago you were saying how the storm was being over hyped by the press. Who in Trumps own heartland would have listened to an order to evacuate? Those rough tough (and mainly obese) Texans aren't going to leave just because they're told if they stay they might die. No way. God will look after them...Well, after the coastguard, police, fire crews, and other rescue services get snowed under with calls to help.

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 28, 2017, 09:11:57 PM
Nobody ever thought a British accent sounded manly. Nobody ever thought a Texan accent sounded faggy.

I wouldn't trade it or sell a single inch of it or try to fit it within. Americans are risking their lives for fellow Americans. Texas will be just fine.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 08:23:31 PM

Truth Stranger Than Fiction Files: It's like Blofeld just bought his way into MI5, the CIA, etc. and now he runs the world and gives Bond his orders. Thanks a lot, greatest generation!  ::)

I suppose if anything the Bond flicks showed us how phoney and made up most global conflicts and "battles against evil" have been post WW2. Like the comic book cut outs in a Bond flick it's all setup by "intelligence" as a ruse against us in order to steer and control our behaviour. The next Bond flick should show this and how he's really working for the evil he thinks he's fighting. I suppose a lot of spies have had the same revelation sooner or later.

Hog

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2017, 06:53:16 PM
People at the eye even thought it wasn't as bad as others. It was a "perfect storm" and the stalling and now return to water and then back to Houston is crazy. Having said that Houston frequently floods and the city, and individuals, should have had better plans but nobody (that I know of) expected it would flood THIS badly.

One of the several reasons I look askance at the "global warming" crowd- we can't predict one weather event but we are expected to believe that the 'experts' can tell us what an entire almost infinite, complex system as global climate, which also is effected by outside entities- like the sun, will be decades from now?
The parallels you are attempting to draw between climate change and the movements of this storm are skewed.  Predicting future climate changes is much less challenging that predicting when and where storms will strike.  Outside entities like our star can and are accounted for during climate studies..

peace
Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 09:39:58 PM
I suppose if anything the Bond flicks showed us how phoney and made up most global conflicts and "battles against evil" have been post WW2. Like the comic book cut outs in a Bond flick it's all setup by "intelligence" as a ruse against us in order to steer and control our behaviour. The next Bond flick should show this and how he's really working for the evil he thinks he's fighting. I suppose a lot of spies have had the same revelation sooner or later.

Gd5150

Quote from: Hog on August 28, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Predicting future climate changes is much less challenging that predicting when and where storms will strike.

And the so-called climate scientists can't even get that right. Hence the flavor of the week renaming of the religion from cooling to warming to change to disruption. It's like going to Vegas, playing roulette, placing money on red, black, and green, and saying we told you it would hit. The religion of man-made climate science is a disgrace. This is why they've been caught countless times rigging data and don't even make predictions anymore as they're never accurate at all.

Hog

Should I stay or should I go?

Hang in there Gravity, last I heard ISS was still being controlled out of JSC though they are running on an Mission Essential Staff Only routine. The backup ISS control room is ready to take over at Marshal in Huntsville, Alabama.

Best wishes to the affected.

peace
Hog

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on August 28, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
The parallels you are attempting to draw between climate change and the movements of this storm are skewed.  Predicting future climate changes is much less challenging that predicting when and where storms will strike.  Outside entities like our star can and are accounted for during climate studies..

peace
Hog
There is another thread out here on the global warming, climate change, climate disruption, quickening, rapture, or whatever. But I do find it "interesting" that a still, admittedly, relatively discrete but still very complex (when compared to the WHOLE system and universe) storm system cannot be predicted but we are expected to believe decades, even centuries, later we can predict the "climate" for the entire earth. When we even have got the past wrong by "settled science"! (Recall "settled science" regarding the Missoula Floods and Scablands and coulee causes, Plate-Tectonics, etc etc. Took a while to get those "settled" and some folks involved were looked at as kooks or crazy almost.)
I agree with peace though.

starrmtn001

Hurricane Harvey LIVE video from NASA Goes 16 satellite.

https://youtu.be/wjcDNxCwWkw

Up All Night

Seems they have always theorized that roaches would be the ones to survive a
a nuclear Armageddon, but, I think it's these little bastards that would do it !!!

Fire Ant Flotillas in Houston

Up All Night

300+ GATORS COULD ESCAPE -- WATER APPROACHES HEIGHT OF GATOR COUNTRY ADVENTURE PARK/SANCTUARY FENCE IN BEAUMONT, TX.

http://wncn.com/2017/08/28/300-gators-could-escape-as-texas-flood-waters-approach-height-of-fences/

“We’re less than a foot a foot from (water) going over the fences,” Gator County Owner Gary Saurage said.

Two of the largest alligators, known as Big Al and Big Tex, were put in trailers to keep them from possibly escaping in the flooding.

Up All Night

Are any of the Houston refugees being bused to the Superdome in New Orleans??? 

Probly not.... 'cause they've got a big college game to play there.... FOOTBALL FIRST !!  ;)

TigerLily

Okay. The Weather Channel just switched from "catastrophic" to "apocalyptic". Time to start building the ark

Yorkshire pud

Hopefully there's a group of experts who are looking at this strategically. The rebuild is going to take years to do after this stops, and its likely some places will not be inhabitable again. Disease outbreaks, tetanus jabs etc. When does it get so bad that other states are going to be taking refugees or will Texas be able to deal with it all? The exhaustion of the rescue teams must be enormous. :-\

ItsOver

Thank you, Communist News Network.  I hope we can raise your ratings, oh, and thanks for your "sensitivity."  ::)

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/29/rescued-woman-goes-off-on-cnn-for-hurricane-harvey-coverage-video/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on August 29, 2017, 12:42:12 PM
Thank you, Communist News Network.  I hope we can raise your ratings, oh, and thanks for your "sensitivity."  ::)

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/29/rescued-woman-goes-off-on-cnn-for-hurricane-harvey-coverage-video/

Could be worse...POTUS could be making a comment about the turn out to see him when he landed in Corpus Christi; Oh wait...he did. It was especially tragic that the grown ups around him were spelling out the situation (and asking the TV crews to put out various web addresses for volunteers etc) and he was playing head tennis and not having a clue what it was they were talking about.

starrmtn001

Rescued Woman Goes Off On CNN For Hurricane Harvey Coverage VIDEO.  8.29.17.

https://youtu.be/ZQnNohhMXNk

chefist

Good for her...the media is complete scum.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 12:54:32 PM
Could be worse...POTUS could be making a comment about the turn out to see him when he landed in Corpus Christi; Oh wait...he did. It was especially tragic that the grown ups around him were spelling out the situation (and asking the TV crews to put out various web addresses for volunteers etc) and he was playing head tennis and not having a clue what it was they were talking about.

Ha. Now head movements are signs of incompetence. lolz. Trump derangement syndrome.  ;D

If he didn't go to Texas, he doesn't care. If he does go, can't move head too much. LOLZ

starrmtn001

LIVE: PRESIDENT TRUMP VISITS TEXAS Amid FLOODING, Hurricane Harvey Aftermath 8/29/17.

https://youtu.be/P8STkiNkvJg

Jackstar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 01:16:32 PM
Rescued Woman Goes Off On CNN For Hurricane Harvey Coverage VIDEO.  8.29.17.

Obvious clip from the leaked season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is obvious.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on August 29, 2017, 01:25:09 PM
Obvious clip from the leaked season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is obvious.
Yeah.  Can't imagine why some folks there are traumatized. ::)

Seriously, my continued prayers for Texas, and everyone there in harm's way.