• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Podcast Not Included

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 07:09:49 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 06:48:16 AM
And great I'm a lesbian on a show that is two letters short of penis? Sigh.  ;)

You can't spell lesbian with an E and an S either.

#justsaying

ponyboysunset

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2015, 07:18:30 AM
You can't spell lesbian with an E and an S either.

#justsaying
The truth hurts. So does being a rugby player, but that's another story altogether.  ;D

henge0stone

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 04:50:05 AM
Do you all prefer a PM or email? We are weighing our options. Thanks in advance.

I would prefer a phone call and an at home visit along with a free squatty potty. 

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 09, 2015, 04:51:11 PM
I look forward to hearing this. Should be fun!
And IB nice muffin and just heard you on Gabcast. Might be my new crush;)

:D  If I ever switch teams, you'll be the first one I call!

b_dubb

Quote from: BellBoy on November 10, 2015, 07:17:00 AM
I've finally gotten around to listening to this. To whom do I enquire as to a refund?

Gypped. Short for gypsy.

Stay classy.

BellBoy

Quote from: b_dubb on November 10, 2015, 10:37:43 AM
Gypped. Short for gypsy.

Stay classy.

Gee b_dubb, nothing gets by you. Sharp as a tack, you are.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 10, 2015, 10:37:22 AM
:D  If I ever switch teams, you'll be the first one I call!
Always good to have a few in reserve. Remember you don't have to dive into the deep end, merely wade in the shallow if you prefer. In other words full on conversions are not required. All kidding aside your appearance was good, and insight and comments great. You should call us sometime ;D

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 11:08:22 AM
Always good to have a few in reserve. Remember you don't have to dive into the deep end, merely wade in the shallow if you prefer. In other words full on conversions are not required. All kidding aside your appearance was good, and insight and comments great. You should call us sometime ;D

Mebee I will.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 09, 2015, 07:41:49 PM
Thanks everyone for listening and joining us. I am always grateful. If you want a show reminder email us @ podcastnotincluded@gmail.com or PM me. And I will send out reminders the day of.
Thanks again.

are you aware there's a podcast notification group on bellgab for this podcast?
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7985.msg407241.html#msg407241

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on November 10, 2015, 11:35:05 AM
I am now. Thank you! ;)
PS I heard your EVP loud and clear.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 11:38:16 AM
PS I heard your EVP loud and clear.

it sounds so obvious to me.  i'm always perplexed when someone fails to hear what i hear in that.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MV on November 10, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
it sounds so obvious to me.  i'm always perplexed when someone fails to hear what i hear in that.

Yeah, screw those bastards!!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on November 10, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
I got a couple and then quit after that it scared me so badly. In one place we heard them when they happened. It was insane. Maybury State Park in Northville, MI. Used to be a tuberculosis sanatorium. We heard swings squeaking in the middle of the woods, laughter, and all three of us heard it. I saw stuff too and in one of my pics there is a mist. It's creepy.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 01:16:42 PM
I got a couple and then quit after that it scared me so badly. In one place we heard them when they happened. It was insane. Maybury State Park in Northville, MI. Used to be a tuberculosis sanatorium. We heard swings squeaking in the middle of the woods, laughter, and all three of us heard it. I saw stuff too and in one of my pics there is a mist. It's creepy.

It could be that. The trouble is, if you are hanging around somewhere creepy then you tend to put the creepiest interpretation on things. If it was broad daylight (I presume this was going on in the middle of the night?) then I don't blame you for getting freaked out. However, creaking swings could very easily be tree branches. There are too many bird calls that sound like laughter to list here, but I am sure there must be a twitcher around who can tell us all about the different ones that sound eerily realistic. If one person claims to hear something (and the rest of you are nervous anyway) then the rest tend to fall in line with that opinion. Finally, you get all sorts of things in pictures. I presume these were digital, so I can't blame the film, but you can't suppose that whatever you see in a picture is going to be the absolute genuine article all of the time. Also, if alcohol or anything else gets mixed in, then you might not be the best judge of what you may have heard. I'm not saying you are wrong, because nobody can say that. I am just suggesting more banal reasons for what you might have heard.

The EVP thing is interesting. I didn't hear the recording that MV played (and I have heard it several times since) as even remotely resembling a human voice. It sounded too mechanical to me. The brain is very good at filling in the blanks about what it has heard, so we think we hear something, even if it isn't there at all. I was just reading something the other day about that, it's called the 'missing fundamental'. It's as though the brain gets the sketchiest details and then fills it in with stuff of its own. It's very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_fundamental

ponyboysunset

Was broad daylight on a Sunday. None of us drink, but I do understand the power of suggestion. It was weird. I heard the first one I recorded. It whispered in my ear.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 01:38:52 PM
Was broad daylight on a Sunday. None of us drink, but I do understand the power of suggestion. It was weird. I heard the first one I recorded. It whispered in my ear.

There is so much we don't know. I don't trust people who claim to have all the answers. It's just wise to eliminate the most obvious ones first. I have had a couple of very odd experiences that I can't explain. It could have been over-tiredness/ stress causing it, or it could have been something else that we don't have the capacity to understand yet. Possibly we have not yet developed the right senses to tune into these things so far, and only the occasional person is able to glimpse at something behind the veil. But, we are also a species that relies on our ability to recognise patterns - we need that to survive - so it's only natural that this ability is going to malfunction occasionally. I think that's why so many people believe conspiracy theories too, incidentally.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 01:48:47 PM
There is so much we don't know. I don't trust people who claim to have all the answers. It's just wise to eliminate the most obvious ones first. I have had a couple of very odd experiences that I can't explain. It could have been over-tiredness/ stress causing it, or it could have been something else that we don't have the capacity to understand yet. Possibly we have not yet developed the right senses to tune into these things so far, and only the occasional person is able to glimpse at something behind the veil. But, we are also a species that relies on our ability to recognise patterns - we need that to survive - so it's only natural that this ability is going to malfunction occasionally. I think that's why so many people believe conspiracy theories too, incidentally.
All valid points. Not that you needed me to tell you. But I tend not to jump to those conclusions immediately.

starrmtn001

Thank you MV, I forgot about this option. :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 01:37:09 PM
It could be that. The trouble is, if you are hanging around somewhere creepy then you tend to put the creepiest interpretation on things. If it was broad daylight (I presume this was going on in the middle of the night?) then I don't blame you for getting freaked out. However, creaking swings could very easily be tree branches. There are too many bird calls that sound like laughter to list here, but I am sure there must be a twitcher around who can tell us all about the different ones that sound eerily realistic. If one person claims to hear something (and the rest of you are nervous anyway) then the rest tend to fall in line with that opinion. Finally, you get all sorts of things in pictures. I presume these were digital, so I can't blame the film, but you can't suppose that whatever you see in a picture is going to be the absolute genuine article all of the time. Also, if alcohol or anything else gets mixed in, then you might not be the best judge of what you may have heard. I'm not saying you are wrong, because nobody can say that. I am just suggesting more banal reasons for what you might have heard.

The EVP thing is interesting. I didn't hear the recording that MV played (and I have heard it several times since) as even remotely resembling a human voice. It sounded too mechanical to me. The brain is very good at filling in the blanks about what it has heard, so we think we hear something, even if it isn't there at all. I was just reading something the other day about that, it's called the 'missing fundamental'. It's as though the brain gets the sketchiest details and then fills it in with stuff of its own. It's very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_fundamental
Well!  Aren't you just one great big pile of party pooper! ;D  What's a twitcher?

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 01:48:47 PM
Alright.  Who in the hell ARE you and what did you do with SredniVashtar???  :o

ponyboysunset

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2015, 02:16:50 PM
I warned you all about the "Bellahaven" effect. But no, none of you ever listen to me until it is too late ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 10, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

A twitcher, madam, is a bird watcher. There! That's one thing you have learned, so the day has proved enlightening and not totally frittered away on squirrel hunting. Anything other little conundrums that have been perplexing you, like where babies come from, I will be happy to help.

I am working on my new nice guy image, since you asked. Why? No good?  :(

jazmunda

Thanks MV! Can I get a Praise MV? Hallelujah.

ponyboysunset

Now how in the hell does it work the sending out side? LMAO

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 02:28:52 PM
A twitcher, madam, is a bird watcher. There! That's one thing you have learned, so the day has proved enlightening and not totally frittered away on squirrel hunting. Anything other little conundrums that have been perplexing you, like where babies come from, I will be happy to help.

I am working on my new nice guy image, since you asked. Why? No good?  :(
No, it's good.  It's very good.  It's TOO good!  And, yes, I know where babies come from.  In fact, we have a Baby Pound less than three miles from here.  So there smarty pants!

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 10, 2015, 04:59:32 AM
Yeah, like she was the only one on the damn' show! I don't like to boast, but I'll have you know I was called a sexy vampire the other day. I have been called a number of things over the last few days, ranging from 'limey fag' at one end, to 'fire-breathing dragon' at the other. But you just ignore me because I don't happen to have a vagina. You suck!  ;)

Yeah... What he said.

jazmunda

I have a new microphone. Pony says it sounds like my balls dropped. That can only be a good thing. That is all.

GravitySucks

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2015, 10:11:05 PM
I have a new microphone. Pony says it sounds like my balls dropped. That can only be a good thing. That is all.
Ummmm I'm not sure she is the expert. Ask Curtis or Eddie for a second opinion.

Now if she said you no longer sounded like a pussy, well you could take that to the bank.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2015, 10:11:05 PM
I have a new microphone. Pony says it sounds like my balls dropped...

Did she say how far?

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 11, 2015, 10:26:49 PM
Did she say how far?

Don't get me wrong I'm sure she's great with her equipment but I'm not sure she is technically qualified to diagnose my equipment due to lack of time testing this type of equipment if you get my drift.