• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We haven't seen you for a while at coastgab.com. We're growing very qui

Started by Dark Circles, November 25, 2008, 06:24:55 PM

Dark Circles

Jesus Christ what did you do to the layout? Also, can I opt out of this spam?

QuoteHi, Dark Circles. We haven't seen you for a while at coastgab.com.  We're growing very quickly.  Please join us again by clicking here:
http://coastgab.com/index.php

Your login username is Dark Circles.

Forgot your password?  Click here:
http://coastgab.com/index.php?action=reminder

Cheers,
coastgab.com

Max

its automated software to remind you to come to the site again

it only does it twice I believe and then you wont get them anymore.

danDNA

Quote from: Dark Circles on November 25, 2008, 06:24:55 PM

there's no need to blaspheme, you get used to it after a while. in fact i quite like black and blue, reminds me of bruising.

redmartian

Hardly spam .. now the Coastzone snoozletter .. thats some spam. "and its completely FREE!"

EvB

Eh!  Dark Circles was being cranky.  Who knows why?  maybe he needed his morning cup of joe - maybe he needed to get laid.

I mean - HELL - I've sent PERSONAL welcomes to new members when the mood strikes - you know - when their initial post is cool or their online name makes me smile or some such  (even in my pre-mod days)- AND personal reminders to people I miss (I think Dixie has gotten two - which will give you an idea of my volume)

No one has complained to me - yet.

You know what they say aobut people who can't take a joke.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dark Circles on November 25, 2008, 06:24:55 PM
first off, the color scheme was changed so as to prevent this site from looking exactly like every other SMF board out there.  seems like a pretty good move, imo.

secondly, i get the impression you are not entirely familiar with the premise behind spam.  spamming is when a company with whom you have NO PREVIOUS AFFILIATION contacts you, without solicitation, attempting to use your email inbox for the purpose of advertising to you

allow me to outline how our relationship with you differs from that of a spammer.  first of all, we are not a business and do not exist for the purpose of taking your money.  also, you have a previously existing affiliation with this website, not the least of which was your voluntary decision to register using your email address. 

and all of this aside, the short email you refer to is hardly what i would call invasive.  it's sent out automatically 21 days after no account activity, and a final email is sent after i think 40 days.  is this REALLY so bothersome as to motivate a thread in which the whole thing is opened up for public complaint?

i have never understood the hypersensitivity people have with regard to receiving an email.

MV/Liberace!

From time to time I run across an old thread that really leaves me shaking my head. This would be one of them. Douche City.

haloedorchid

The only thing worse than people who complain about receiving unsolicited e-mails are those who complain about receiving unsolicited letter mail.

During the Similac baby formula recall, I briefly worked at the recall call center as a temp job, and this man called about a letter his wife had received from the company. He went OFF... asking how his wife got on the mailing list, how long she was on it, if this meant she was pregnant. It was very disturbing; I felt uncomfortable referring him to his wife for those answers for fear of what he might do to her physically or emotionally. Some people need to just calm the fuck down.

Know what normal people do when they receive e-mails/letters they don't care for? They hit delete or shred.

aldousburbank

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 17, 2011, 12:08:00 PM
During the Similac baby formula recall, I briefly worked at the recall call center as a temp job, and this man called about a letter his wife had received from the company. He went OFF... asking how his wife got on the mailing list, how long she was on it, if this meant she was pregnant. It was very disturbing; I felt uncomfortable referring him to his wife for those answers for fear of what he might do to her physically or emotionally. Some people need to just calm the fuck down.

Sorry Haloedorchid, I was having a bad day at the time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 17, 2011, 12:08:00 PM
Know what normal people do when they receive e-mails/letters they don't care for? They hit delete or shred.
amen to that.  this douche spent far more time and inconvenienced himself FAR more by creating this dumb thread rather than simply deleting it.