• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WildCard

https://youtu.be/Vhr-cjmdk7g

http://www.thirdphaseofmoon.net/: "I'm not quite sure if we could tell you the phase of the moon the moment, we don't keep an eye on that, but . . . "

Art: laughs

For science!

Element 115

Quote from: WildCard on June 01, 2018, 02:58:23 PM
https://youtu.be/Vhr-cjmdk7g

http://www.thirdphaseofmoon.net/: "I'm not quite sure if we could tell you the phase of the moon the moment, we don't keep an eye on that, but . . . "

Art: laughs

For science!

I loved this and heard it live.  Makes me miss Art even more.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Liberace on June 02, 2018, 01:07:20 AM
Why is Art trying so hard to sound like Heather in this video?

Now that was funny

Bluejay

If Quincy was on the case, we’d have that damn report by now.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bluejay on June 04, 2018, 12:28:39 AM
If Quincy was on the case, we’d have that damn report by now.

Damn it! Art didn't die of natural causes...he was murdered.

Bluejay

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 04, 2018, 12:33:36 AM
Damn it! Art didn't die of natural causes...he was murdered.

Bobot

On some of Art's older shows I hear him say clearly "This is CBC." referring to name of the show or a network? Anyone know what CBC was?

supernova

Quote from: Bobot on June 04, 2018, 08:21:48 PM
On some of Art's older shows I hear him say clearly "This is CBC." referring to name of the show or a network? Anyone know what CBC was?

This was the first network, around Mid 90s or so. Chancellor  Broadcasting, Art was partnered with Alan Corbeth who ran the operations and business side of things.

Bobot

Quote from: supernova on June 04, 2018, 09:04:41 PM
This was the first network, around Mid 90s or so. Chancellor  Broadcasting, Art was partnered with Alan Corbeth who ran the operations and business side of things.

Thank you! Been wondering for a while.

Lunger

Quote from: Bobot on June 04, 2018, 09:15:10 PM
Thank you! Been wondering for a while.

Art would also say 'American CBC" at times because he was broadcasting in Canada and had to differentiate between  Chancellor Broadcasting and the Canadian Broadcasting Company.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lunger on June 04, 2018, 10:53:45 PM
Art would also say 'American CBC" at times because he was broadcasting in Canada and had to differentiate between  Chancellor Broadcasting and the Canadian Broadcasting Company.

It was a pretty stupid move to name their company CBC.

Lord Grantham

https://www.gofundme.com/art-bell-tribute-bench-and-plaque

Art Bell tribute bench and plaque
We're raising money for the Art Bell memorial bench and sculpted plaque to be installed at Calvada Eye Park by the water feature in Pahrump, NV.

$690 of $3,400 goal

What's better than a bench sitting out in the blazing hot desert sun?

Metron2267

Quote from: Lord Grantham on June 05, 2018, 11:35:10 AM

We're raising money for the Art Bell memorial bench and sculpted plaque to be installed at Calvada Eye Park by the water feature in Pahrump, NV.

$690 of $3,400 goal

Ok but it is by a water feature:

$100
Phimphone Xayaphet
7 days ago

Wow, gotta love that name!

;D

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Lord Grantham on June 05, 2018, 11:35:10 AM

$690 of $3,400 goal

The $3,400 Art Bell memorial bench will never get as much ass as the man himself #Stud

Lord Grantham

Perhaps Heather should crowd fund the headstone

GravitySucks

I was just listening to one of the Art Bell streaming stations. The episode was an early Dannion Brinkley one. Maybe the first.  As Art badgered him to do another hour, somebody came on and in a loud voice said “Art Bell Sucks”.  I am still laughing.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 05, 2018, 01:36:54 PM
I was just listening to one of the Art Bell streaming stations. The episode was an early Dannion Brinkley one. Maybe the first.  As Art badgered him to do another hour, somebody came on and in a loud voice said “Art Bell Sucks”.  I am still laughing.

I was listening to an early one (all the calls were from Las Vegas). One of the calls was just a chicken clucking sound clip.

Lunger

Quote from: Lord Grantham on June 05, 2018, 02:26:39 PM
I was listening to an early one (all the calls were from Las Vegas). One of the calls was just a chicken clucking sound clip.

The show with John Lear?

I would submit that the sound clip was of a chipmunk.

BellHop

I'm actively hoping that the copy of the Art of Talk I ordered from another instate library comes in tomorrow.

Quote from: BellHop on June 05, 2018, 09:22:46 PM
I'm actively hoping that the copy of the Art of Talk I ordered from another instate library comes in tomorrow.

It will tell you all you need to know... Even if you are one of Art's kids.

Lunger

Quote from: BellHop on June 05, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

He does a show were he spends 4 or 5 hours reading the whole damn thing.

Art sure was full of himself.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lunger on June 05, 2018, 03:33:59 PM
The show with John Lear?

I would submit that the sound clip was of a chipmunk.

Yup. Might be one of my favorite calls. Right up there with a guy asking him if it was raining in Pahrump, because he sure was getting all wet over some guys UFO story (don't recall which one off hand).

I'm going to listen to every Richard Hoagland show on repeat until what he says makes sense to me.

GravitySucks

“I know, Dan, that I have done some good, but I am really worried about the bad I’ve done. “

Art Bell to Dannion Brinkley

Sounded like he was a bit worried about having to face any type of life review. Not sure of the date, but it was one of the later ones.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 09:51:40 AM
“I know, Dan, that I have done some good, but I am really worried about the bad I’ve done. “

Art Bell to Dannion Brinkley

Sounded like he was a bit worried about having to face any type of life review. Not sure of the date, but it was one of the later ones.

He was always very worried about the "life review" after death. Especially the idea of experiencing all of the pain that he caused other people. That came up more than a few times.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lunger on June 06, 2018, 06:18:51 AM
He does a show were he spends 4 or 5 hours reading the whole damn thing.

Art sure was full of himself.

I don't recall Art himself ever doing an "Art of Talk" read only show.

I do recall that Keith played his audio book maybe twice in Heather's AWOL period.