• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Larkin

I'd love to see Schrader replace Wells permanently on Saturday nights.  Is that asking too much?

Murder101

I don't ever see him joining C2C permanently. He has his own show he's been building for years  and it's better than C2C anyway.

NowhereInTime

After his middling guest appearance I'm not sure he has the chops for the big time.  Don't get me wrong, Snoorge doesn't either, but do two wrongs make a right?

Pragmier

I've been listening more to Schrader's show and it's not bad at all.

Falkie2013

Quote from: PurpleChirple on March 16, 2013, 11:37:44 PM
B*O*R*I*N*G*   :(   I'll give him credit that his delivery, pronunciation, and voice talent obviously far exceeds anything Snoory has ever had to offer the show (as just about anyone would).  Needs some pep but as it's his first time, I'll give him a break.  Certainly reminds me a LOT like Simone.

Besides, just chompin' at the bit for Snoory to begin broadcasting from his new Hawaii studio in April. (Baa Haa Haa Haa!)  I made the mistake of listening to Snoory last night and CANNOT believe the shill he's become.  Jesus, he'll hawk ANYTHING!  ;D

Well, he IS the Nighthawk after all.

Coming soon to your local Redbox.

A new drama of Hawaii where one broadcaster in a Yugo toils his way on the freeways of Hawaii to bring you broadcast ineptitude.

See Snoory and Tommy fight natives, volcanoes and roads covered in hot flaming poi as they head towards certain doom !

They Shill By Night.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Murder101

Yep. He's filling in for his second time. I love Darkness Radio so I look forward to hearing Dave in the big chair again. I'd listen every night if Dave was there.

b_dubb

there's ANOTHER Dave? how many Dave's does it take to properly host Coast?

DanTSX

Who?

Is he an expert on telepathic indigo cat ladies or something?

Jnthn932

Quote from: DanTSX on October 19, 2013, 11:09:24 PM
Oh great, the host is on speakerphone.
Don't be so negative. Wth are you looking for? Art only hosts one show and it's unfair to expect everyone to be him. This guy knows his shit but lacks big time radio experience. After all, Art did say george "gets it".

Noorynoid

Quote from: Jnthn932 on October 19, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
  After all, Art did say george "gets it".

I remember the very night Art said exactly that. I was shocked, went outside and screamed into the night sky, the neighbor's thought I had gone stark raving mad.

In honor of Dave's big break I'll listen to a replay of Art Bell's Dark Matter. Why listen to pale imitation when you can have the real thing?

Murder101

Dave is nothing like Art and doesn't try to be like him. There can be more than one good host in the world. Dave is great and has been for a long time.

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on October 19, 2013, 09:20:18 PM
there's ANOTHER Dave? how many Dave's does it take to properly host Coast?
Hehehe...It's clear one can't hack it. Dave Noorie "gets it." He gets how to play the game at PremRat.

karios8

I've never heard him but looking forward to giving him at least one hour of a chance. Who knows, PremRat will switch one dave for another.

weeberwubber

If you go to the Darkness Radio website and follow the links you can find a ton of shows downloadable as free podcasts.  http://www.darknessradio.com/  His local radio station hosts them.  They are good.  When hiking nightly in the woods I like to listen to talk and found myself listening to Darkess Radio way more often than Coast to Coast.  Problem is that Darkness doesn't get a lot of guests and so there is a lot of "paranormal in the news" type shows.  On some nights Mallie Fox is there too and she's teh hotness.   http://www.paranormalgirl.com/

When Schrader (calling him by his last name so I don't confuse the Daves*) does interview someone he doesn't stand for BS or pull punches.  He had a time travel guy on several months ago, if I remember right, and really gave him a hard time.  Maybe someone else can recall which show that was.

You also might remember him from co hosting the last Ghost Adventures live show on Halloween a few years ago.

There is no Dark Matter on Friday anyway.  I'd suggest giving Schrader a chance and not projecting opinions of the other Dave on him.  Maybe you'll like it and can fill in your Dark Matter downtime with Darkness instead of C2C.

*because it would be SO EASY to confuse that statement with the other Dave, amirite?

DanTSX

Oh great.  A degenerate tattooed freak.  C2C is circling the bowl.

Wintermute

I just noticed  Dave Schrader on Friday... very interesting!

Murder101

Quote from: weeberwubber on October 21, 2013, 10:36:31 AM
If you go to the Darkness Radio website and follow the links you can find a ton of shows downloadable as free podcasts.  http://www.darknessradio.com/  His local radio station hosts them.  They are good.  When hiking nightly in the woods I like to listen to talk and found myself listening to Darkess Radio way more often than Coast to Coast.  Problem is that Darkness doesn't get a lot of guests and so there is a lot of "paranormal in the news" type shows.  On some nights Mallie Fox is there too and she's teh hotness.   http://www.paranormalgirl.com/

When Schrader (calling him by his last name so I don't confuse the Daves*) does interview someone he doesn't stand for BS or pull punches.  He had a time travel guy on several months ago, if I remember right, and really gave him a hard time.  Maybe someone else can recall which show that was.

You also might remember him from co hosting the last Ghost Adventures live show on Halloween a few years ago.

There is no Dark Matter on Friday anyway.  I'd suggest giving Schrader a chance and not projecting opinions of the other Dave on him.  Maybe you'll like it and can fill in your Dark Matter downtime with Darkness instead of C2C.

*because it would be SO EASY to confuse that statement with the other Dave, amirite?
Supernatural News is honestly my favorite thing. I make sure to listen to that above everything else. I pick and choose other shows based on guests.  I love when they get to be funny. But about the Time Travel guy. That was a guy claiming to be John  Titor and when he let it slip that he wasn't Titor, Dave shut him down and ended the call. He also shut Down an EVP guy a few weeks before that when the guy refused to admit that they figured out one of his EVPs.

This tells about the EVP show incident.
http://www.theparanormalsociety.org/forum/general-paranormal/24931-ed-ozosky-on-darkness-radio-evp-d-oh

Here are the links to the "Titor" show
http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-darkness-radio-darknessradio/717---the-return-of-23470516/

http://podbay.fm/show/294988529/e/1374127533?autostart=1

gringomisio

I like Schrader/Darkness radio/Supernatural news  as well.  I hope he kick ass on C2CAM.

EarthAlien007

Could be PremRat's testing a replacement for sNoory. YES!

George Drooly

He sounds like a "radio jock" douche. Hey, he looks like one, too. Ugh and yuck, no thanks.

weeberwubber

C'mon guys!  If we based our listening choices on looks then we'd all be listening to Jorch 24 hours a day, wink wink nudge nudge.

ourobouros2k2

Schrader is a douche with a god complex. Only thing worse than hearing his drivel is to meet him in person. He has an ego approaching Rush Limbaugh levels. I can't stand him. Darkness radio used to be really good when it was just a pod cast, the first two seasons. After they were picked up by terrestrial radio and he dropped Tim, the show went to shit. I guess Tim is back, but the show still sucks. Coast is the perfect place for him, he can surround himself with other egotistical sleazebags.

Eddie Coyle

I thought that smooth jazz DJ Rob Simone was the heir apparent?

Tarbaby

I just discovered Dave Schrader less than two months ago. As I listened (to Darkness Radio) he made me laugh. And then again. And again. So now I like him. He's very quick. BUT, the one thing I didn't care for, and it was only one time so far, was he went into his "teacher" mode with callers AND threw in a good dose of religion. Didn't like that combo at all. If he stays light and glib he's at his best. When he waxes preachy he comes off unqualified and just spouts out what he as taught through social indoctrination.

Scully

I'm very impressed with tonight's Coast To Coast fill-in host, Dave Shrader.  I had no idea there was someone out there who could do a good job with a Coast format. (I don't get out much.)

Check out his Darkness Radio site if you're interested.  http://www.darknessradio.com/

Did you listen to the Friday night show?  What did you think of Dave?

onan

Quote from: Scully on October 26, 2013, 01:04:19 AM
I'm very impressed with tonight's Coast To Coast fill-in host, Dave Shrader.  I had no idea there was someone out there who could do a good job with a Coast format. (I don't get out much.)

Did you listen to the Friday night show?  What did you think of Dave?

I am glad you like this guy Shrader. If he has a show elsewhere, I might listen. I won't give Premiere any of my time. As much as I blame noory, the real reason c2c is such a shit hole is because of the management.

Nothing from me.

Scully

Onan, I'm slow getting his website up.  It's http://www.darknessradio.com/

I agree that Premier is the problem.  That's why I'm shocked they're giving this guy even one night.  Did John B. Welles die or something?

I'm thinking in terms of the potential for Art to grab him as a fill-in and/or weekend host for Dark Matter.