• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

ShayP

Tom Wilson is a huge sack of shit.

bellNwhistle

The OP of this thread said he was a Canucks fan. Yeah, sorry. Hell, no.

:P

There are two teams I cannot stand.  Canucks, and the Oilers. 

I haven't watched a game in years, so I can't even tell you who is playing right now. 

I love
Kelly Hrudey
Marty McSorely
Steve Duschesne
Luc Robitaille (my dad named his dog after him)

(There are a few others I was fond of.  Taylor, Sandstrom, etc)

'89-'90 and following few seasons were the best.

I was a Gretzky fan til he basically fucked over the Kings. He pussied out because the Kings couldn't get him another ring.  ::)  Fuck that guy. (I hate to say that. I have his first autobiography, as well as a puck, jersey, etc). 

ShayP

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:36:01 AM
The OP of this thread said he was a Canucks fan. Yeah, sorry. Hell, no.

:P

There are two teams I cannot stand.  Canucks, and the Oilers. 

I haven't watched a game in years, so I can't even tell you who is playing right now. 

I love
Kelly Hrudey
Marty McSorely
Steve Duschesne
Luc Robitaille (my dad named his dog after him)

(There are a few others I was fond of.  Taylor, Sandstrom, etc)

'89-'90 and following few seasons were the best.

I was a Gretzky fan til he basically fucked over the Kings. He pussied out because the Kings couldn't get him another ring.  ::)  Fuck that guy. (I hate to say that. I have his first autobiography, as well as a puck, jersey, etc).

In defense of Gretzky, the Kings were not financially stable then.  I can't recall offhand but weren't they close to bankruptcy?  Either way I never cared for Gretzky.

I like McSorley.  He was originally a Penguin.  I was happy to see him back for that one year later on.  I always like Robitaille.  Too bad he only was with the Pens for a year.   :-\

My first jersey was a Pens jersey.  However my second was...

I loved those jerseys.  I liked Marcel Dionne back in the day.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 11:44:33 AM
In defense of Gretzky, the Kings were not financially stable then.  I can't recall offhand but weren't they close to bankruptcy?  Either way I never cared for Gretzky.

I like McSorley.  He was originally a Penguin.  I was happy to see him back for that one year later on.  I always like Robitaille.  Too bad he only was with the Pens for a year.   :-\

My first jersey was a Pens jersey.  However my second was...

I loved those jerseys.  I liked Marcel Dionne back in the day.

The Kings kinda sucked.  No doubt. I don't know about financials, but they did need Gretzky.  L.A. was not a hockey town in the least until he showed up.  I only got into it (at the age of 16, mind you) because of a boy. He was a Blues fan, though.  It was actually really a great time to be a Kings fan.  They made the playoffs a few times, nearly won the cup.  It was a HUGE disappointment that they didn't get it.

My dad only got into hockey because I did.  It was the thing we did together. Went to a few games, he bought cards for me...  It definitely takes me back.  I know Gretzky liked to be affiliated with winners, and he probably felt he gave it "the ol' college try"..  but I always felt like he just gave up. He wasn't there all that long, really. 

Love all of the old greats..  :-*

ShayP

Pens will bounce back tonight to go to game 7!   :D

Taco Bell

I've read that more than a few caps fans say if they beat the Pens and lose to the bolts they'll be happy because they at least beat the pens.

albrecht

Finally. I won't gloat. Let's Go Caps!

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 07, 2018, 08:37:32 PM
Finally. I won't gloat. Let's Go Caps!

Go ahead and gloat.

fuck.   :(

ShayP

From a humbled Pens fan...

CONGRATS to the Washington Capitals and all of their fans.

HumanBeing

Taco Bell

Jets really looked like garbage last night. Hope they take game 7.

Blame Brian Burke's utter fagification of the NHL for Brad Marchand's faggy tongue antics.

albrecht

Wow! Let's Go Caps!!!!

ksm32

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 08, 2018, 12:38:36 PM
Jets really looked like garbage last night. Hope they take game 7.

They did, rather handsomely I must say. Beat Vegas 4-2 in game one. #surprised   Still I say Vegas is most likely going to take the cup this year.  Unless somebody else does..

trostol

can't believe Vegas is going to the Finals

akwilly

That 2nd period was the greatest announcing job I've ever heard! Doc is on fire!!

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on May 02, 2018, 06:50:51 AM
Tom Wilson is a huge sack of shit.

I liked his attitude and fight tonight! LET'S GO CAPS!

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
can't believe Vegas is going to the Finals

Has an expansion team ever gone to the championship finals their first year in any sport?

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 24, 2018, 12:19:27 AM
Has an expansion team ever gone to the championship finals their first year in any sport?

1967 St. Louis Blues.  However, the playoff format required an expansion team to make it to the Stanley Cup finals.  That year there were 6 new teams added to the 6 original teams, so to me their accomplishment of making it is not that impressive.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2018, 11:22:28 PM

I liked his attitude and fight tonight! LET'S GO CAPS!

Tom Wilson will always be a huge sack of shit.  Go Vegas!!!  :P  ;D

trostol

who'd have thunk the Caps would win

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 09:31:29 PM
albrecht

Whoooo! Let's Go Caps!! (Vegas had a great run and, frankly, what I thought was a ridiculous name turned out to be good with have epic, and somewhat ridiculous, opening acts-- it is Vegas, and good team.) But it was Caps's time!!!

ps: go local Stars for Calder Cup!!!

Jackstar

I'm just stopping in to say that I respect hockey--it's a real sport--and I respect all you guys for talking about your hobby and betting pools here, instead of shitting up the rest of the board like those Falkie cunts do. Thanks.

Taco Bell

Wonder if Ovi has sobered up yet

ksm32

Quote from: albrecht on June 07, 2018, 10:21:09 PM

ps: go local Stars for Calder Cup!!!

I assume you watched that game, can't say they didn't try. Of course I rooting for the other guys.. Any thoughts on the officiating?

ksm32

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 09, 2018, 02:07:51 PM
Wonder if Ovi has sobered up yet
Has he ever been, sober? He's a metalhead party boy at heart. \_/

ShayP

Hey albrecht.  How do you feel about Barry Trotz resigning today?