• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

albrecht

GravitySucks

Penguins win the Stanley Cup. ShayP is happy tonight.

Too bad they couldn't clinch it at home.

albrecht

Well, a grudging, congratulations to Pittsburgh. Though the tribute to Howe was the best part of the game.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 12, 2016, 08:49:27 PM
Penguins win the Stanley Cup. ShayP is happy tonight.

Too bad they couldn't clinch it at home.

Yes sir I am.  A little tipsy too!  ;)  At home would've been nice.   Regardless..... 8)

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on June 12, 2016, 09:58:03 PM
Yes sir I am.  A little tipsy too!  ;)  At home would've been nice.   Regardless..... 8)

fuck that no play off beard bastard!!!!

Rix Gins

Badger Bob is smiling down from Heaven.

Taco Bell

It's a fucking joke that Crosby wins the Conn Smythe.

Murray may have let in some soft goals, but no way would the Pens have won if Flower was in net. Kessel was a scoring machine, team wouldn't have won without his numbers. Rust bailed out the team a number of times. Either of those three were more deserving.

Sharks were simply out played in the Finals. Jones did a damn good job and was the only one to show up. 4 shots on goal in the 1st?. 2 shots on goal in the 3rd? Really?!  Move your goddamn feet and get those shooting lanes open.

ShayP

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 12, 2016, 10:42:43 PM
It's a fucking joke that Crosby wins the Conn Smythe.

I agree.  I was shouting "Kessel!!!" when Bettman was making the announcement.   :-\    Nonetheless......Stanley Cup.   :D  8)

akwilly

I know the Anchorage team is called the Aces but damn that would be a good name for the new Vegas team

Taco Bell

Stamkos stays in TB, not surprised. Subban traded for Weber, that one is shocking.

Sergei Makarov joining former teammate Igor Larianov in the Hockey Hall of Fame.  My two favorite Sharks.  Teammates on the Soviet National team that won all those world championships (and famously lost to the 1980 'Miracle on Ice' US team in Lake Placid). 

The best time to be a Sharks fan was when the teams those years were overachievers in the playoffs, as opposed to the more recent underachieving Joe Thornton/Patrick Marleau teams.

akwilly

Damn Sean Avery is a dick. He is now harassing homeless people and putting it on Snapchat. I would post a link but am on cellphone

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on July 05, 2016, 04:04:07 PM
Damn Sean Avery is a dick. He is now harassing homeless people and putting it on Snapchat. I would post a link but am on cellphone
That was, is, and always be a major tool and asshole. I wish he would lose his money in some lawsuit or something and become homeless himself.

akwilly

So the vegas team is probably going to be named the Desert Knights. That sucks, they had so many cool options like The Flying Elvie or hell The Gamblers. To bad because the mascots would have been badass and I'm sure a jersey with Elvis on it would have been a top seller

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on August 27, 2016, 03:07:05 PM
So the vegas team is probably going to be named the Desert Knights. That sucks, they had so many cool options like The Flying Elvie or hell The Gamblers. To bad because the mascots would have been badass and I'm sure a jersey with Elvis on it would have been a top seller

there are a ton of fantastic options..problem is..owner or something is a army guy or west point grad or something..which is why Knights are in the name

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on August 27, 2016, 04:12:07 PM
there are a ton of fantastic options..problem is..owner or something is a army guy or west point grad or something..which is why Knights are in the name

It's a bitch when you have to pick a major sports team name and branding based on which domain names are available.

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on August 27, 2016, 04:12:07 PM
ya dang I was picturing a BlackHawk type logo but with Elvis

Desert Knights? Is it a hockey team or a renaissance themed restaurant?

I would have voted for the Las Vegas Gangsters or the Las Vegas Mobsters.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 27, 2016, 04:54:51 PM

Heather Wade's White Knights of Las Vegas

Quote from: rekcuf on August 27, 2016, 05:01:49 PM
Heather Wade's White Knights of Las Vegas

After every goal instead of a goal horn they play the sounds of a fat guy mouth breathing.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 27, 2016, 05:52:28 PM
After every goal instead of a goal horn they play the sounds of a fat guy mouth breathing.

Bob Crane saying "oidar" over and over. lol!

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 27, 2016, 04:54:51 PM

nah they are all sorts of awful...only thing that might have worked with a vegas flair is Aces..but even thats kinda..meh

while i love that Vegas is finally getting a pro team in something..hockey is a tough one name wise ...to be sure its not too..cheesy..like the Mighty Ducks

Quote from: trostol on August 28, 2016, 06:56:04 PM
... while i love that Vegas is finally getting a pro team in something...

Me too!  I'm very concerned about Las Vegas not having a professional sports team.  It's Bushes' fault

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on August 28, 2016, 06:56:04 PM
nah they are all sorts of awful...only thing that might have worked with a vegas flair is Aces..but even thats kinda..meh

while i love that Vegas is finally getting a pro team in something..hockey is a tough one name wise ...to be sure its not too..cheesy..like the Mighty Ducks
my Anchorage team is the Aces but I wouldn't have minded sharing the name. I'm still not sure what our mascot is. It's either a polar bear, a wolf, or a dog. Maybe a combo if the 3 lol

Laine, Matthews and Pool Party this year daddy. Ahhhhh yeah.  ;D