• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

You guys don't think Art would sacrifice a million dollar business many people spent years building and install some person half his age with no experience he met on an internet forum as the new permanent host of the radio show while not following up on any of the multiple stalking and attempts on his life with the authorities because he worries about his families safety and wants to make peoples' dreams come true?

What about any of that doesn't make sense?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 17, 2015, 09:16:02 PM
You guys don't think Art would sacrifice a million dollar business many people spent years building and install some person half his age with no experience he met on an internet forum as the new permanent host of the radio show while not following up on any of the multiple stalking and attempts on his life with the authorities because he worries about his families safety and wants to make peoples' dreams come true?

It's in the DATA!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on December 17, 2015, 08:46:44 PM
I think it's more likely that Art would respect Art's privacy, and gladly go back to his superior reality to host his next show.

Sorry, I don't agree. Our Art Bell was just recently on air practically begging any woman whose fetus had mysteriously disappeared, or any health professional who treated such a woman, to come on air and tell their story. He sounded a little desperate since the one woman he contacted kept turning him down. Art is Art in any universe, I think. He loves great radio. How much and exactly when is the question.

Element 115

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
oops....GabCast is tomorrow, isn't it?

lol

lol yes rose tomorrow. You had me fooled for a second, I thought I missed the live show.

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 08:33:46 PM
Actually, one more theory...follow the money. Who has gained the most benefit from this alleged crime? Art, Keith, even Ashcraft? Laughable. Snorch? Maaaaybe.
Lots of activity here on Bellgab, lots of clicks, lots of new members....
MV, Where were you on the nights of these alleged crimes?
I'm beginning to see what you mean. mmmm.

Element 115

Quote from: chefist on December 17, 2015, 09:05:33 PM
If you let "nuts" prevent you from being on BG, then no one would be on BG... ;)

Upper right worthy.

Chronaut

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 09:17:41 PM
Sorry, I don't agree. Our Art Bell was just recently on air practically begging any woman whose fetus had mysteriously disappeared, or any health professional who treated such a woman, to come on air and tell their story. He sounded a little desperate since the one woman he contacted kept turning him down. Art is Art in any universe, I think. He loves great radio.

Hmmm...yep, you have a point.  Perhaps rekcuf is right - a little kitten heist, and Art would spill like a saucer of milk...

Catsmile

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 17, 2015, 09:16:02 PM

Longest run on sentence award goes to...

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 17, 2015, 05:31:55 PM
At first, I thought you might be talking about Heather Wade, but the dates are all wrong...  ;)
Nope, it was some ex-museum curator.  ;D

Quote from: chefist on December 17, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
Hi foliks! Is there an "Art Comeback" notification option on BellGab?

Quote from: Catsmile on December 17, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
Longest run on sentence award goes to...

Just trying to articulate the story the way it's been presented. Again where does any of that not make sense?

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 17, 2015, 09:31:31 PM
Just trying to articulate the story the way it's been presented. Again where does any of that not make sense?
Probably the part without any punctuation.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
Art: Tonight's guest joins us from an alternative universe.  "Alt Art", is me in everyway, just in a different universe.

Alt Art: I have a questions... *Art cuts him off*

Art: If it's about Friday, December 11th, I told you, Alt Art, I'm NOT going to answer questions about what happened! Not tonight, or any other night...

*pregnant pause*

Alt Art: Your cats... I have them.

Art: *distressed* I'll tell you everything...

Perfect, brilliant, nailed it, hats off!

Chronaut

Uhm...last time you asked "where does any of that make sense?"  Which is it?

Because in my mind when emotions run high, logic and reason and cool-headed sobriety walk out the door.  So the fact that it doesn't make sense makes sense.  In fact, if it made sense, it would make no sense.  Then I'd be demanding answers:  "How can this make sense, it shouldn't make sense, explain yourself!"  And like that.  You get the drift.

Catsmile

MaybewhenyoucomedowncollectyourthoughtsandbothertousesomepunctuationI'dtrytotacklewhateveritisyouaretryingtoconveycoolstorybro

Element 115

Catsmile was just stating that it was a really long run-on sentence. It means it was devoid of punctuation and could have been several sentences. We knew what you meant, though.

Rix Gins

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 17, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
I'm kind of over all of it. Art is going to do what Art is going to do. I don't find all the twists and turns interesting anymore.

Don't you wanna hear my "two gay dudes with one firecracker" theory?

Quote from: Chronaut on December 17, 2015, 09:38:59 PM
Uhm...last time you asked "where does any of that make sense?"  Which is it?

Because in my mind when emotions run high, logic and reason and cool-headed sobriety walk out the door.  So the fact that it doesn't make sense makes sense.  In fact, if it made sense, it would make no sense.  Then I'd be demanding answers:  "How can this make sense, it shouldn't make sense, explain yourself!"  And like that.  You get the drift.

I'll remember that defense if I ever go on trial for a felony.

I think Heather and Art are in some cool Breaking Bad meth dealing on the Dark Internetz scheme and were using the DMDN to launder money.

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 09:42:03 PM
Catsmile was just stating that it was a really long run-on sentence. It means it was devoid of punctuation and could have been several sentences. We knew what you meant, though.

Almost like it was supposed to be that way to denote how long the story is.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on December 17, 2015, 09:24:38 PM
Hmmm...yep, you have a point.  Perhaps rekcuf is right - a little kitten heist, and Art would spill like a saucer of milk...

Hats off again to Rekcuf for the interview.

chefist

MITD has given me blue balls...

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 09:38:36 PM
Perfect, brilliant, nailed it, hats off!

;D I can almost imagine it. Phil Hendrie could pull this it off. Comedy gold. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 09:13:04 PM
Correct, I used to work in a digital phone department and call traces required a subpoena. However, what if the lunatic used a burner phone? The unable to trace explanation was odd.

OK, so let me think this through.  No trace without a court order?  What would the police need to get a court order?  At least a police report (as opposed to just "on record"?), including a formal criminal complaint filed by the victim?  So did Art preclude the possibility of the police determining the identity of the caller by refusing to file a formal report/complaint?

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 10:03:28 PM
;D I can almost imagine it. Phil Hendrie could pull this it off. Comedy gold.

Yup, I still listen to those regularly, and laugh all over again every time!  LOL's

aldousburbank

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 10:05:34 PM
OK, so let me think this through.  No trace without a court order?  What would the police need to get a court order?  At least a police report (as opposed to just "on record"?), including a formal criminal complaint filed by the victim?  So did Art preclude the possibility of the police determining the identity of the caller by refusing to file a formal report/ complaint?

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 09:47:56 PM
Hats off again to Rekcuf for the interview.

GIVE ME BACK MY CATS! -Art Bell (Cat Ransom In the Desert)

Element 115

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 10:05:34 PM
OK, so let me think this through.  No trace without a court order?  What would the police need to get a court order?  At least a police report (as opposed to just "on record"?), including a formal criminal complaint filed by the victim?  So did Art preclude the possibility of the police determining the identity of the caller by refusing to file a formal report/ complaint?

Law enforcement would need probable cause to acquire a subpoena to have the call traced. Yes they would need a police report, too. Yes, Art could have precluded the possibility that the police could determine the identity of the caller.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 10:09:51 PM
Law enforcement would need probable cause to acquire a subpoena to have the call traced. Yes they would need a police report, too. Yes, Art could have precluded the possibility that the police could determine the identity of the caller.

Very curious.