• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 07:23:09 PM
Guys,

I was going to post here but Jazz beat me to it really fast. Listening to Gab Cast.

Art
That's the problem with this world of instant information...

popple

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE GABCAST CHAT!

[18:48] <ArtBell> Richard WILL have Guests

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Morgus

Quote from: popple on June 30, 2015, 07:56:06 PM
Richard WILL have Guests
but probably no callers?  8)

popple

One BellGabber promised to prank him! Will RCH have his own wormhole type messaging system?

Why does Richard need guests? He is just going to talk over them. Do you think he has been such a lying, snake-oil salesman for so long, he believes his own bull shit?

Bounder

I can't disagree, Wes, but I'm anthropologically fascinated by when exactly the discontinuity happened â€" how long after he was "Cronkite's guy" did the fiction start to crowd out the science?

I'd like to hear him talk on that.

Art Bell

Not true, I think he will take callers

Art

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 08:47:35 PM

Art
Wow, this should be interesting.  I wonder how well he will deal with people who disagree?  No matter what, he will be the other half of C2C's competition, and I'm sure they are not happy.  I may not always love RCH, but given the choice between him and Dave, it is a no brainier...

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 08:47:35 PM

Art
Have you ever known Hoagland to get along with people who criticize him? I just don't see that going well. Unless the calls are screened.

WildCard

Dave mentioned John B. Wells and Art in his close last night.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 30, 2015, 04:44:24 PM
...why is the post show being hosted by an insane egomanic self-promoter con-man who can't talked about anything but himself a good thing? I want the post show to be about Art's show not about how Hoagland is the smartest man in the universe yet no one else knows it. All the pranking and trolling of him will be awesome though.

I couldn't agree more.  I rarely listened to RCH when he was Art's guest, and even then only to hear Art when he could squeeze a few words in. 

All these guests are liars and frauds. Richard, Morton, even Victor/Whitley. What a crappy circle of humans to be around. I hope we get more interviews with people like Willy Nelson or Kaku. Art does great interviews with people like that.

coaster

I'd love to hear some more space/science themed shows with people like Kaku. Them's some good shows.

Disheartened

I like Richard. If nothing else he is entertaining. I guess he just killed any more appearances on Coast though.

phrodo

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2015, 09:09:36 PM
I'd love to hear some more space/science themed shows with people like Kaku. Them's some good shows.

Yes - Kaku is a MUST .. and wouldn't mind hearing from NdG Tyson too. I loves me some theoretical physics. Been listening to a Classic Kaku from '02 on my bedside puter for last few nights.  :)

akwilly

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2015, 09:04:24 PM
Dave mentioned John B. Wells and Art in his close last night.
thats becouse the phone lines went down and he had to run an old show for the last 20 mins

Quote from: bateman on June 30, 2015, 04:15:40 PM
Sweet fancy Moses.

http://artbell.com/pluto-the-last-encounter/

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.  So let me get this straight.  Hoagland won't be doing his guest host show on C2C now?

WOTR

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2015, 09:09:36 PM
Again, I wonder how a show with a scientist who has nothing to do with space would go over with RCH.  He is not dumb, is not afraid to ask questions, nor give an opinion.  If it is not his "field of expertise", it may actually be an interesting "niche" for him.  Sort of the nutty, off the wall version of Bob McDonald (quirks and quarks.)

Art Bell

Thank you all for the support and help, this really is quite a ride even before the ride has started! As far as Dave is concerned I hope you all have noticed I have not been posting anything negative about him or for that matter anything at all but this latest stunt was simply too much.

Art

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 30, 2015, 09:21:22 PM
Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.  So let me get this straight.  Hoagland won't be doing his guest host show on C2C now?
I think he should still accept the invitation for the 20th.  He can spend the first half of the show telling people to tune into MITD and excuse himself for the second half to go host his own show leaving dead air...

SciFiAuthor

Nope.

Zenman

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 30, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
I couldn't agree more.  I rarely listened to RCH when he was Art's guest, and even then only to hear Art when he could squeeze a few words in.

Should make for an interesting show. I think even if he takes well-screened calls, it should be interesting. I imagine that he'll make frantically good use of every minute of air time, lol, at least till he gets settled in.

SciFiAuthor

I wonder what the hell Dave's going to say when people start calling in asking about the Hoagland special.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 09:23:47 PM
Thank you all for the support and help, this really is quite a ride even before the ride has started! As far as Dave is concerned I hope you all have noticed I have not been posting anything negative about him or for that matter anything at all but this latest stunt was simply too much.

Art
You always take the high road, Art! We love that out here!

pate

I hope RCH didn't sign any contrakts or anything.

Y'know something with a sneaky "Non-Compete" clause squirreled away in the fine print...

Just sayin'...

Apologies, Art.

onan

Art, if you are going to interview physicists , please get Sean Carrol. You have had Kaku, Greene (sp), and Carrol explaining the cosmos in the past. I have re-listened to those shows multiple times. And for my money the ones that hold up the best are with Carrol.

Anyhoo, good luck. All of us here are waiting to listen.

WOTR

Quote from: onan on June 30, 2015, 09:33:55 PM
Anyhoo, good luck. All of us here haters are waiting to listen.
I have a nice damp corner of the basement picked out and have started breeding rats to snack on...

weeberwubber

Nice score! While I'm not interested in paying the sub for Hoagie I would have easily paid $10 per month for MITD so I'll sub to Hoagie too in order to support the overall programming. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind on Hoagie.
Dave is probably happy cuz it gives him more nights to talk about the Anklecacki's use of toomeric. People find that interesting.

This move also leaves Knapp with both the best skills and the best hair affiliated with C2C.

Karma, indeed. Not only for trying to move Richard but for apparently infecting Schrader with the C2C lameass fuckery virus, which I'm plenty pissed off about because Darkness Radio used to be listenable in Art's absence.

PathoJen

I'm a little late to the party, saw this post on FB 2 minutes ago. Can someone please explain to me what this is all about? I can see RCH is starting a show on the same day art is...that's all I've gotten. and I also recall Art mentioning that Dave never once contacted RCH in all the years art was off radio.., until art started Dark matter, then suddenly dave contacts art.