• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

I've always enjoyed RCH. I can't see many of the things he sees in those images but I always enjoyed his enthusiasm. I probably won't be able to listen live but I will give his show a chance and will buy a subscription to help out Art and his network.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on June 30, 2015, 05:38:56 PM
This is all gonna be unreal. ACTUAL, ENTERTAINING CONTENT to listen to in the middle of the night? 5 nights a week? What year is this?

It's gonna be great. I'll have something to entertain me at night. I already do all my work at night cus I'm a night owl so I'm excited about all of this. Actually considering subscribing to other side of midnight

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on June 30, 2015, 05:36:23 PM
Working on those details now. Bella-Haven.com will list all the Blitz details if you want to help, as well as the call-in number and stream link.

We'll probably be testing the show as early as tonight, and if so we'll talk about it on the Bellgab chatboard at http://ufoship.com/chat/

Gonna be a rockin' Bellgab.

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on June 30, 2015, 05:30:24 PM
Agree ....
Hoagland wants this to work out too.  Given that he'll have plenty of opportunity to expand on his ideas, theories, and projections concerning space ...... I believe he'll be a toned down Richard, exploring other avenues ..... not just 'wild-eyed' Mars stuff.

I believe RCH will be a pleasant surprise, and a definite asset after he gets 'settled in' to his new role.

This is a wonderful turn of events ........ a long time coming!
Good luck to Art and Richard.

This!

Id better get another hard drive. Lol

Sniff. Sniff. I smell charred koala and roasted PremRats. Mmmm, must be time for dinner.

;D

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Jackstar on June 30, 2015, 06:04:06 PM
Does this mean that you believe NASA tells the truth about anything?

Saying I don't believe the stuff Hoagland believes is not the same thing as saying I trust NASA.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 30, 2015, 03:23:42 PM
rather him than Hoagland, though

I would listen to Hoagland over Whitley 1000x.

chefist

GabCast tonight folks! Can't wait!

MAX

Quote from: MV on June 30, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
I would listen to Hoagland over Whitley 1000x.

Have to figure Art knows what he is doing so I am in... Plus I look like Hoagland , same beard and size head... (Although I am a large dog)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 04:56:53 PM
Well, here is the thing, many love Richard and yes some hate him. However both groups will listen to confirm their passion. The fact that they tried to move my friend right on top of my opening day with a show that by that time would be old news is simply pathetic.

Art

Yes, yes, and yes.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on June 30, 2015, 06:17:07 PM
Yes, yes, and yes.
Well there you are.  WTF?  We're all waiting for you over at the 'ship.  Grab a drink and let's get to shootin' and lootin'

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 30, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
Well there you are.  WTF?  We're all waiting for you over at the 'ship.  Grab a drink and let's get to shootin' and lootin'

I won't be hosting the GabCast tonight but I might call in and temporarily derail the show as my child destroys things all around me.

ItsOver

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on June 30, 2015, 06:08:22 PM
Sniff. Sniff. I smell charred koala and roasted PremRats. Mmmm, must be time for dinner.

;D
It smells like ... the night is back. 

morgana213

This is gonna be a wild ride!  Hang on folks!   8)

WOTR

Quote from: sydtron on June 30, 2015, 04:36:23 PM[/font][/size]Goddamnit! I need to sleep sometime!  Up till 6 a.m. with Art and Hoagland!  Good thing we got those subscriptions!  Richard should call into the Gabcast TO-NIGHT! Oh man!  What a coup!
[/font][/size]
This would be a lot of fun!  Will he actually call in (and can the hosts keep him somewhat contained?)
Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:38:47 PM
A show hosted by RCH!!!!! I am beyond excited for this. You know we are gonna be in for one hell of a ride with art then RCH to follow. Holy crap.

Yes I know people think RCH makes stuff up etc. I DONT CARE. This is going to be FUN. Just plain fun.
I will agree.  There will be nights that I turn him off (hell, I even turned off Art a few nights back in the day.)  However, this will be infantly more fun than a night with Dave. 

The thing is that RCH is not stupid, is passionate, and while I agree with Expat (the science just isn't there), he will be interesting.  So long as he does not turn it into a nightly spot to spew his theories and ideas and instead changes topics a little this has real potential.  Not only that, but Hoagland gets his own show (not just 3 hours.)

pate

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 06:32:07 PM
... However, this will be infantly more fun than a night with Dave...

Not Sure, that was intentional, but it is damn funny

AZZERAE

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 30, 2015, 03:22:07 PM
nah....I don't think Whitley could handle a live show at all.

Whit' does Dreamland though!

karios8

Quote from: MV on June 30, 2015, 06:23:52 PM
I won't be hosting the GabCast tonight but I might call in and temporarily derail the show as my child destroys things all around me.

Oh, Falkie hasn't reinstated you for drinking on air yet? Sorry, man.

WOTR

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 30, 2015, 04:52:25 PM
Good news for the numbers lady!
Indeed!  There is an opening for science adviser on Coast that she is well suited for.

While I'm happy that Art figuratively tea-bagged George and I admit Hoagland is probably the biggest name anyone could expect for this show. I'm just not a big fan of Hoagland.

But in thinking about it more, it's a really smart logical decision. Biggest name in the C2C world, someone whos tires have been pumped by the C2C franchise for over 15 years and someone who's going to be extremely controversial and go out of his way to get attention. Its either going to be a gigantic fireball failure of awesomeness or its going to be a lot better than we all expect and a good compliment to Art. Either way it won't be mediocre boring bullshit like Noory. It also makes sense that Art wouldn't want a sycophantic wrap up show after his like Stern has.

I realized I was being an elitist about this until I realized Riley Martin's show on the Stern Network was one of the most fun things I've ever heard. I have to admit I'll check it out and dip in on it from time to time to see how good or bad it is. DAMN YOU ART YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

This radio network is becoming extremely impressive. Its becoming the perfect model for a new radio/audio/talk network. I subscribe to a few podcast networks and the methodical logical way this network is being built is very smart and among the best. I first found it through Alvarez and now they've got Bell and Hoagland. It makes me excited to see who they'll get next.

I wonder how much Knapp is laughing by how he can twist Dave and his producers around now. Why does George consistently show what an asshole he is when it comes to Art? You'd think he'd just play it cool because what real threat is Art to George or Hoagland showing up on both shows? Also of course all this shitty behavior is going to come out and make him look bad. Come on Dave, you're not that dumb.

WOTR

Quote from: pate on June 30, 2015, 06:34:07 PM
Not Sure, that was intentional, but it is damn funny
Good catch.  I need to pay more attention to my spell checker (though this it may have realized that I used the correct word in this context.) ;D

akwilly

what the hell. I thought (redacted) was doing some kind of after show? now it RCH?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 04:56:53 PM
Well, here is the thing, many love Richard and yes some hate him. However both groups will listen to confirm their passion. The fact that they tried to move my friend right on top of my opening day with a show that by that time would be old news is simply pathetic.

Art

Even more so because Dave admitted he wouldn't pull anything like this.  I knew he would.  Hoagland is going to have such a great time that night & on The Other Side Of Midnight.

Pretty strong contrast between Art and Dave in terms of how they treat their so-called friends. In Art's case, he's helping a longstanding friend out. Hoagland went on his show and pretty much was marginalized by C2C afterwards, and they knew his wife was ill at the time and every click on his website probably was needed. I'd like to say Mr. "Nice Guy" and his PremRat backers/handlers act like high school mean girls, but they're a lot more malicious, and they display no loyalty whatsoever. They dump Hoagland who is basically harmless, and give airtime to Oates who is a libelous son of a bitch.

Art, on the other hand, is not only a shrewd radioman, but he's a good friend. He knows Hoagland will stir the pot and he's rubbing his hands with glee already, I'll bet. I think this is beyond an opportunity, a thank you to Hoagland for his loyalty.

And that's the difference between Art and people who like to call themselves nice guys, but aren't. I'll now go back to my haterz closet and enjoy a barbecued rat.

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 30, 2015, 06:49:30 PM

Even more so because Dave admitted he wouldn't pull anything like this.  I knew he would.  Hoagland is going to have such a great time that night!

Dave and crew have had years to let Hoagland host. Yet of all days July 20th was selected.

I really don't think Dave and company care about Hoagland going to DMRN. They have phased him out with the exception of a few guest spots after the last time he was on with Art.

To further Dave is slime ball, John B Wells stated recently he had tried to get a guest and was told he was not allowed to interview certain guys because they were for Dave only.

Zenman

Wake up the neighbors! Call the kids!

Gabcast in Zero minutes!

Yo MV, just a suggestion but it would be cool if you could start a Dark Matter Radio Network subforum. We've been talking about it in chat. There's now so much going on with it and its so cool that I think it would be active enough to warrant its own subforum. Also now we have a lot of personalities and shows with Bell, Hoagland, Alvarez, Keith and whoever else they bring in.

I just see Knapp with his feet up on the desk, smoking a premium cigar, watching Dave send panicked e-mails every few minutes while laughing to himself.

karios8

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 30, 2015, 06:53:13 PM
Dave and crew have had years to let Hoagland host. Yet of all days July 20th was selected.

I really don't think Dave and company care about Hoagland going to DMRN. They have phased him out with the exception of a few guest spots after the last time he was on with Art.

To further Dave is slime ball, John B Wells stated recently he had tried to get a guest and was told he was not allowed to interview certain guys because they were for Dave only.

Is he talking about when he was hosting c2c or is this happening to him on caravan to midnight?

The great Pettiness Wars of '15 begin anew.

Quote from: karios8 on June 30, 2015, 07:06:29 PM
Is he talking about when he was hosting c2c or is this happening to him on caravan to midnight?

When he was on coast.

Art Bell

Guys,

I was going to post here but Jazz beat me to it really fast. Listening to Gab Cast.

Art