• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

aldousburbank

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 09:43:37 AM
I would like to know Falkie's opinion of the work of Steven Seagal.
This is genius!
BTW, doesn't the Seagal sport a badass dungeon? I want Faulkie's opinion.

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 31, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
This is genius!

Seagal.
The Master.
Nurr said.

Falkie2013

Quote from: area51drone on December 31, 2013, 10:59:52 AM
Agreed.   Falkie, Steven Seagal deserves a whole video just with commentary from you about his fighting skills.  I suppose you can also critique Van Daam and Jackie Chan because that will get more viewers.   Seriously, do it.  You need to expand your audience and this is a great way to do it.

Somewhere on my bookshelves is a book analyzing all the Steven Seagall movies. It does a good job .
My girlfriend can't understand why I've watched Under Siege about 40 times. Its for the battleship and how Ryebeck kicks butt not Erica Eliniak, whose acting skills are the equivalent of Noory's broadcasting skills.
My gf is enamoured of Under Siege 2, which is a movie that didn't appeal to me because I didn't like the guy who played the villian. I was hoping for more Ryeback and wonder why someone hasn't started an all kick ass movie channel.
I see by the site Machete, that shows posters of all of the Masters films, that I am waaaay behind in my viewing of Seagall. I'm going to have to catch up.
I've seen everything he did up until about 4 or 5 years ago but he puts out almost too much stuff to see it all.
Don't care for Van Damme at all. I think I've only seen one of his films.
At one time, I had some training by professional stunt men who were friends of mine. ( Bob Short and Bill Mills  who did stunt work on the Bond films, among others ).
In the days of my youth, I could stage a fight, punch a bad guy and make it look real, and take a fall down a flight of stairs without injury. We used to freak out mundanes at science fiction conventions in the early 1970s by having hunts in the stairways and grounds of the hotels with prop guns and our U.N.C.L.E. specials and T.H.R.U.S.H. rifles; stage fights, etc. until the mundanes freaked out over it and we had to stop. It was great fun to engage in fake fights and toss someone down a flight of stairs or go yourself.

I've watched a lot of Jackie Chan too, who has given his all for his craft and is in a sense the Evil Kneivel of kickass martial arts movies since he too has broken so many parts of his body in doing it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 31, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
This is genius!

Dungeon ?
I wonder if he'd loan it to me so I could interrogate Bart Ell in it.
Torture him with 24-7 Barney songs and then I'd get really rough.
And Aldous, its FALKIE not Faulkie, please.
I am not a John Henry Faulk.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 01:48:11 PM
[attachimg=1]

I should point out that the human Falkie rather likes Seagal. There's a shit ton of his movies on Youtube. Just type in "steven seagal" "full movie".

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 01:51:17 PM
I should point out that the human Falkie rather likes Seagal. There's a shit ton of his movies on Youtube. Just type in "steven seagal" "full movie".

While I am well aware of watching movies on You Tuba and have, I'm very old school. I like having the physical dvd or blue ray film so I don't have to be chained to my Imac to watch a movie.
And I do have a portable dvd player. Eventually I will have a portable blu ray player as well, but they're generally not sold over the counter at a Target or Walmart and since I only buy Sony, they run around $ 200-250.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 31, 2013, 02:30:57 PM
While I am well aware of watching movies on You Tuba and have, I'm very old school. I like having the physical dvd or blue ray film so I don't have to be chained to my Imac to watch a movie.
And I do have a portable dvd player. Eventually I will have a portable blu ray player as well, but they're generally not sold over the counter at a Target or Walmart and since I only buy Sony, they run around $ 200-250.

If your TV has the right input, you can hook up your comp to it and watch the computer movies on the TV screen. It's a simple monitor-out, TV-in sort of thing.

Why do you only buy Sony? I think RCA does a fine job. And Panasonic, too.

area51drone

Falkie, why would anyone buy the cow when they can have the milk for free?   Post your damned thoughts on Seagal on youtube, not on the musings thread!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: area51drone on December 31, 2013, 03:36:31 PM
Falkie, why would anyone buy the cow when they can have the milk for free?   Post your damned thoughts on Seagal on youtube, not on the musings thread!

Quit trying to micro-manage Falkie's life, you fascist usurper.

He's a grown goddamn man and if he wants to start doing videos on obscure World War II tanks or the deficit, so be it.

You booger eating jackass.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 03:44:38 PM

He's a grown goddamn man and if he wants to start doing videos on obscure World War II tanks or the deficit, so be it.

I'd like to see a picture of Falkie's girl friend...

area51drone

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 03:44:38 PM

Watch what you say or I might just have to Falkie your ass.   He's on my payroll, lest you forget.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: area51drone on December 31, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Watch what you say or I might just have to Falkie your ass.   He's on my payroll, lest you forget.

I apologize, Sir. It will not happen again.

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 31, 2013, 02:46:02 PM

If your TV has the right input, you can hook up your comp to it and watch the computer movies on the TV screen. It's a simple monitor-out, TV-in sort of thing.

Why do you only buy Sony? I think RCA does a fine job. And Panasonic, too.

My girfriend got a brand new Panasonic her late Father bought her when Circuit City was an ongoing concern. It died in 6 months.
My Sony is at her house and the one I have I bought at the ARF thrift store for 40 bucks. She has mine from 1996. It still works with no problems and she has it because it had the video inputs in the front for video game machines. The one I have was built in 2000 and works fine. I buy Sony because the things last. My late friend Glenn had his original Sony projection tv for 18 years and only upgraded because they could no longer get parts for it. 2 years before he died, he got the then new 32 inch Wega and it was a great tv.
I've had other Panasonic stuff die quickly as well going back to the 1970s. Panasonic is crap.

Video latter tonight with announcements.

And one other thing to those who criticize me. Kindly buy a dictionary or borrow one and READ the dictionary definition of narcissim. I fit none of those definitions and in some ways am the anti narcissist.

There is a double standard on this board. Others promote themselves and not one solitary word is said that they are self promoting, narcisstic, money grubbing or the like.
But I or others promote their videos, we're narcissistic or attention grabbers or worse.
It's unfair and its a bullshit position to take as well.
Promoting and announcing your stuff online is not narcisstic. Its telling people that something new is happening for those who are interested in it.
If you're not, then you may not even pay attention to it.
However, even my detractors watch my videos because THEY make a point in mentioning them in their attacks on me.

Nuff said about that.

BBL.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 31, 2013, 11:57:52 PM
Nuff said about that.

It's officially 2014 here. Happy New Year.

Hot damn.

You're not a narcissist, Falkie. You're more of an existentialist.

That's not a dig, that's a good thing. Be proud.

Seriously though, why don't you hook up your computer to your TV screen? Then you can watch Steven Seagal more often. It's a win win situation.

tertiaryimam

For the haters, Falkie, I've kindly put up the dictionary definition of Narcissism:

Definition of NARCISSISM
:  egoism, egocentrism
:  love of or sexual desire for one's own body

[attachimg=1]

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on January 01, 2014, 12:09:23 AM

It's officially 2014 here. Happy New Year.

Hot damn.

You're not a narcissist, Falkie. You're more of an existentialist.

That's not a dig, that's a good thing. Be proud.

Seriously though, why don't you hook up your computer to your TV screen? Then you can watch Steven Seagal more often. It's a win win situation.

Am waiting until I buy my 70inch internet ready Sony next Hannukah when the price will drop.
And I just figured out what in the hell a narcissist was supposed to be. I'm not even sure what in the hell an existentialist is without looking it up, except for meeting ancient former beatniks when I lived in San Francisco for years.

And I am MOST definitely NOT, NOT, NOT on Area 51 Drone's payroll.
They send you thirty bucks and they think they own you.
Which is why I ask no one on here for help except for technical advice. The price I pay in disapprobation is far too high.

Just looked the definition up.
All these years I thought it was guys who smoked too much pot or hash and wrote bad poetry that no one could figure out.
Who knew ?

And on KFBK, there was a commerical for a woman whose spirit guides are ELVES !
Didn't know the cookie makers had branched out into other fields of endeavor.
I got to feed the cats and start commencing to predicting.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 01, 2014, 12:35:23 AM
Just looked the definition up.
All these years I thought it was guys who smoked too much pot or hash and wrote bad poetry that no one could figure out.
Who knew ?

Be careful with easy definitions of existentialism. Existentialism is based upon the principle that existence precedes essence (wesen), but the significance and application of this is interpreted quite variously.

I see you as a modern Lev Shestov. Your confrontation with the absurd nature of existence is one which serves to highlight the sense of personal autonomy integral to human experience, while at the same time finding this sense of personal autonomy and its value as a kind of universal experience in itself --- yet in no place do you whitewash the essential tragedy that besets this core truth. It is as if to say that which is most universal is most individual --- the tragic and the beautiful are one, and equally absurd. And, therefore, our lives are ultimately meaningful and cannot be otherwise. We are fated to our meaning.

[attachimg=1]

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on January 01, 2014, 12:54:22 AM

Be careful with easy definitions of existentialism. Existentialism is based upon the principle that existence precedes essence (wesen), but the significance and application of this is interpreted quite variously.

I see you as a modern Lev Shestov. Your confrontation with the absurd nature of existence is one which serves to highlight the sense of personal autonomy integral to human experience, while at the same time finding this sense of personal autonomy and its value as a kind of universal experience in itself --- yet in no place do you whitewash the essential tragedy that besets this core truth. It is as if to say that which is most universal is most individual --- the tragic and the beautiful are one, and equally absurd. And, therefore, our lives are ultimately meaningful and cannot be otherwise. We are fated to our meaning.

[attachimg=1]

You and I must read two different dictionaries. According to mine it paraphrasing of a sort in my words - has to do wth free choice, resposibility and the uniqueness of the individual and the meaning of existence.

Falkie2013

Part 2 of my 2014 predictions and more. I had technical computer difficulties which is why it is so late in posting.

The Guy From Pittsburgh (tm) Presents Part 2 of my 2014 Predictions & More !!! ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

aldousburbank

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 01, 2014, 12:35:23 AM
I got to feed the cats and start commencing to predicting.
I love this so much!

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 01, 2014, 03:50:18 AM
I love this so much!

Glad you enjoyed it. After my video, it got cold in here and I forgot to watch the ball in NY drop.

:(

I did do one thing to bring in the New Year. Safeway had a sale. I bought 2 boxes of ... pizza rolls.
I couldn't help myself.
Have a great year, everyone.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 01, 2014, 02:45:25 AM
Part 2 of my 2014 predictions and more. I had technical computer difficulties which is why it is so late in posting.

This was great, Falkie! And it was nice of George to do that for you. Maybe he's turning a new leaf! (as littlechris would say)

This was one of your best videos yet. You weren't slurring your script as much, so I wonder if you brought in the New Year with some Cali cornflakes? Funny as shit, too.

Happy New Year!

[attachimg=1]

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on January 01, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

This was great, Falkie! And it was nice of George to do that for you. Maybe he's turning a new leaf! (as littlechris would say)

This was one of your best videos yet. You weren't slurring your script as much, so I wonder if you brought in the New Year with some Cali cornflakes? Funny as shit, too.

Happy New Year!

[attachimg=1]

No, actually after I finished the video, I ate some pizza rolls, some potato salad and two tangelos and then sat down to read a book called Gable's Women wriiten by a woman author about the many loves and marriages of Clark Gable. Quite an interesting book and very well written.

Now I am going to sleep. Hope you get the same.

tertiaryimam

A video on the merits of Steven Seagal vs. Clark Gable wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: tertiaryimam on January 01, 2014, 07:46:00 AM
A video on the merits of Steven Seagal vs. Clark Gable wouldn't be a bad idea.

What about Steven Seagal's films V Clark Gables assignations?