• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Any Berkeley Protesters on a Payroll, and if so, Whose?

Started by yumyumtree, February 04, 2017, 01:22:51 AM

yumyumtree

So lately everybody claims that left leaning demonstrations are funded by George Soros, to some degree or another. This may not be true, but it been pretty much accepted by a lot of people like Rush Limbaugh. But now there are theories that some Trump people may have planted agent provocateurs in the Berkeley anti-Milo demonstration, to make trouble, make them look bad, gin up support for clamp-downs, etc. I think this is less credible than t he Soros theory myself. A lot was going on there, and a little if it might have been orchestrated by plants,  but I think that the worst of the vandalism and mayhem was probably done by anarchists from out of town, maybe other west coast cities, and the usual opportunists of the kind that showed up for the WTO protests in Seattle. Since I was not on the ground in Berkeley, it might be better to leave the assessment up to people who were, though.

JesusJuice

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 04, 2017, 01:22:51 AM
So lately everybody claims that left leaning demonstrations are funded by George Soros, to some degree or another. This may not be true, but it been pretty much accepted by a lot of people like Rush Limbaugh. But now there are theories that some Trump people may have planted agent provocateurs in the Berkeley anti-Milo demonstration, to make trouble, make them look bad, gin up support for clamp-downs, etc. I think this is less credible than t he Soros theory myself. A lot was going on there, and a little if it might have been orchestrated by plants,  but I think that the worst of the vandalism and mayhem was probably done by anarchists from out of town, maybe other west coast cities, and the usual opportunists of the kind that showed up for the WTO protests in Seattle. Since I was not on the ground in Berkeley, it might be better to leave the assessment up to people who were, though.

It was the white nationalist hacker known as 4chan at it yet again!

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/827536694270369792

Lt.Uhura

My days of protesting in Berkeley are long gone, but I can fill you in on the controversy.

Milo Yiannopoulos' Dangerous Faggot Tour has been visiting colleges around the U.S. since last September. His inflammatory talks are designed to incite trouble, and are flagrant attempts to exploit our county's current climate of divisiveness. There have been protests against him with injuries and vandalism in every city he's toured, but with little national coverage by the MSM until they heard "Berkeley", where it became headline news.

Here's the report of the serious fallout from his stop in Seattle where a protestor was shot and seriously wounded.

...The man who told police he shot and wounded another man during a violent demonstration over the appearance of Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of Washington sent a social-media message to the Breitbart News editor just an hour before the shooting. [After losing his red MAGA hat]

“Anyway for me to get a replacement signed by you?” the man asked.
Yiannopoulos did not respond, and the man went on to be caught up in a raucous confrontation between those trying to get inside the UW’s Kane Hall to see Yiannopoulos and protesters trying to keep them out. Sometime just before 8:30 p.m., the man â€" who at this point was wearing a yellow hat â€" was involved in a scuffle with several people, and he allegedly shot and wounded the other man.

A law-enforcement source familiar with the UW police investigation said detectives obtained a search warrant for the man’s car and Sunday recovered a handgun from the trunk. The man’s Facebook page indicates he is a supporter of Trump, Yiannopoulos and the National Rifle Association.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-shooting/

Obviously, if you read Milo's employer, Brietbart's, account of the controversy he looks like a little angel practicing his first amendment rights until one realizes he's not an American, but from England, where he was banned from making his hate speeches. And this brings up the issue of why he's allowed to remain touring the U.S. on a visa while wreaking havoc from city to city, with American taxpayers left to pay for the damages in his wake.

Oh, and BTW...Milo refers to Trump as "Daddy".

At any other time, a story like Milo and his Dangerous Faggot Tour would fall under the you couldn't possibly make this shit up category. But considering what we have in the White House right now, it makes perfect sense.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/milo-yiannopoulos/

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 04, 2017, 05:41:55 AM
At any other time, a story like Milo and his Dangerous Faggot Tour would fall under the you couldn't possibly make this shit up category. But considering what we have in the White House right now, it makes perfect sense.

https://youtu.be/bDUA7i1hxBw

My days of protesting in Berkeley are long gone I am obviously not interested in anything more than superficial bullshit nonsense and sucking the corporate cock of my fascist idols, but I can fill you in on the controversy.

Are those your hailing frequencies that are open, or is that your gaping, slack-jawed imbecilic mouthpiece cunt that passes for your mouth?

Jackstar

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 04, 2017, 01:28:45 AM
Antifa cucks FIRST POST!!!11!

How did you get assigned to this chickenshit outfit? I feel like your talents go sadly unappreciated here.

Dr. MD MD

My days of protesting in Berkeley are long gone, but I can fill you in on the controversy.

Milo Yiannopoulos' Dangerous Faggot Tour has been visiting colleges around the U.S. since last September. His inflammatory talks are designed to incite trouble, and are flagrant attempts to exploit our county's current climate of divisiveness. There have been protests against him with injuries and vandalism in every city he's toured, but with little national coverage by the MSM until they heard "Berkeley", where it became headline news.

Here's the report of the serious fallout from his stop in Seattle where a protestor was shot and seriously wounded.

...The man who told police he shot and wounded another man during a violent demonstration over the appearance of Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of Washington sent a social-media message to the Breitbart News editor just an hour before the shooting. [After losing his red MAGA hat]

“Anyway for me to get a replacement signed by you?” the man asked.
Yiannopoulos did not respond, and the man went on to be caught up in a raucous confrontation between those trying to get inside the UW’s Kane Hall to see Yiannopoulos and protesters trying to keep them out. Sometime just before 8:30 p.m., the man â€" who at this point was wearing a yellow hat â€" was involved in a scuffle with several people, and he allegedly shot and wounded the other man.

A law-enforcement source familiar with the UW police investigation said detectives obtained a search warrant for the man’s car and Sunday recovered a handgun from the trunk. The man’s Facebook page indicates he is a supporter of Trump, Yiannopoulos and the National Rifle Association.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-shooting/

Obviously, if you read Milo's employer, Brietbart's, account of the controversy he looks like a little angel practicing his first amendment rights until one realizes he's not an American, but from England, where he was banned from making his hate speeches. And this brings up the issue of why he's allowed to remain touring the U.S. on a visa while wreaking havoc from city to city, with American taxpayers left to pay for the damages in his wake.

Oh, and BTW...Milo refers to Trump as "Daddy".

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/milo-yiannopoulos/

FREE SPEECH! If you don't like it don't listen. No one, and I mean NO ONE makes anyone riot. That's a choice they made, now let them deal with the consequences.  ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2017, 07:40:12 AM

FREE SPEECH! If you don't like it don't listen. No one, and I mean NO ONE makes anyone riot. That's a choice they made, now let them deal with the consequences.  ::)

Remembre your talking to a 60's no-nothing protester here.  She's stuck in her youth and can't help herself.  Kinda like having juvenile diabetes. It never really goes away.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 04, 2017, 08:48:54 AM
Remembre your talking to a 60's no-nothing protester here.  She's stuck in her youth and can't help herself.  Kinda like having juvenile diabetes. It never really goes away.

If she's really a protestor from the 60s she would do well to remember some of her core values rather than just mindlessly joining in with a mob of fascists and expecting kudos for it here.  ;)

Jackstar

FREE SPEECH!

QuoteFREE

Some speech is worth considerably more.

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 04, 2017, 01:22:51 AM
probably done by anarchists from out of town, maybe other west coast cities, and the usual opportunists of the kind that showed up for the WTO protests in Seattle.

I can't imagine who else would do such a thing.

JesusJuice

All this violence just because a gay guy wanted to tell some fat chick jokes on stage.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on February 04, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
All this violence just because a gay guy wanted to tell some fat chick jokes on stage.

I agree. He's a one trick pony who's exhausted his repertoire.

JesusJuice

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 04, 2017, 08:55:25 PM

So the right thing to do to show your disapproval is to riot, burn down Starbucks, pepper spray people giving interviews to the media, set private vehicles on fire, smash windows, beat people with bats and send people to the hospital?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 04, 2017, 08:55:25 PM

So, no free speech because you're tired of his act?  ???

Let us know what your consider fresh and hot so that we can all keep up with what's politically correct too, k?  :D

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on February 04, 2017, 08:58:34 PM

So the right thing to do to show your disapproval is to riot, burn down Starbucks, pepper spray people giving interviews to the media, set private vehicles on fire, smash windows, beat people with bats and send people to the hospital?

Where have I said I advocate violence?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 04, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

Have you spoken out against it?  ???

If not you can expect everyone on the right to start turning a blind eye to violence against whoever they THINK thinks like you. Ready for that world, sugar?  :D

WildCard

FREE SPEECH! If you don't like it don't listen.

I'm so old, I remember when that was the battle cry of the left.  Bizzaro world.

WildCard

Well, they sure are mad.jpg

We're gonna lose. Again.

We/they still don't get it. I don't even know who "we" are anymore.

(Unless Trump really does start WWIII. Here's hopin'.)

WOTR

Obviously, if you read Milo's employer, Brietbart's, account of the controversy he looks like a little angel practicing his first amendment rights until one realizes he's not an American, but from England, where he was banned from making his hate speeches.
Too bad he is not Iranian or Syrian...  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 04, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

What do you advocate?

Your degenerate faggotry advocacy has gone unnoticed.

pyewacket

You mean when the real liberals once roamed our campuses?

Serious question, Lt. U- have you ever actually listened to one of Milo's talks?

pyewacket

Antifa Threatens WRC Reporter Cassandra Fairbanks And Her Daughter

There is currently a petition to label “Antifa” a terrorist organization. The FBI is also allegedly actively investigating classifying Antifa and it’s members as a domestic terrorist organization.

http://wearechange.org/antifa-threatens-wrc-reporter-cassandra-fairbanks-daughter/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pyewacket on February 06, 2017, 01:16:50 AM
Antifa Threatens WRC Reporter Cassandra Fairbanks And Her Daughter

http://wearechange.org/antifa-threatens-wrc-reporter-cassandra-fairbanks-daughter/

Yes, let's round up all the Soros funded agitation groups and while we're at it get him too.  :D

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: pyewacket on February 06, 2017, 12:58:51 AM
You mean when the real liberals once roamed our campuses?

Serious question, Lt. U- have you ever actually listened to one of Milo's talks?

First of all, to clear up your misconceptions (re your meme): I am not, nor have I ever been associated with the far left protesters advocating violence. These far left Blac Bloc/Antifa anarchists are extremists, and represent a minority of the protesters. So for you and others here to vilify those who represent nonviolent resistance indicates you have no idea what's going on right now, not only in Berkeley--but across America.

Regarding Milo, yes I've heard portions of his talks, and for someone who likes to characterize himself as outrageous, I've found his commentary to be mostly cliched memes, already circulated by the Alt-Right ad nauseum. For example, he loves to attack the fat lesbian feminist, as if she represents the entirety of feminism. That stereotype certainly doesn't describe any of the strong, intelligent, and independent women I've known in my lifetime.

In fact the first woman I ever knew who I'd classify as a feminist was my aunt, who was a jack of all trades and master of many, having come of age during the depression. She wore slacks before it was fashionable (and was not a lesbian), drove an 18 wheeler (and repaired their engines), plowed entire fields, and raised a loving family who saw her not as a feminist, but as their extraordinarily capable mom. She not only survived hard times, but flourished, by stepping outside the limits of the artificial boundaries that defined her gender and era.

Milo is young and far too narcissistic to understand the complexities of feminism, let alone to be lecturing and scolding our country about it. He's the trendy embodiment of a portion of society who have replaced objective intellectual and philosophical debate with extremist points of view, easily reduced and communicated via inane memes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 06, 2017, 03:42:50 AM
First of all, to clear up your misconceptions (re your meme): I am not, nor have I ever been associated with the far left protesters advocating violence. These far left Blac Bloc/Antifa anarchists are extremists, and represent a minority of the protesters. So for you and others here to vilify those who represent nonviolent resistance indicates you have no idea what's going on right now, not only in Berkeley--but across America.

Regarding Milo, yes I've heard portions of his talks, and for someone who likes to characterize himself as outrageous, I've found his commentary to be mostly cliched memes, already circulated by the Alt-Right ad nauseum. For example, he loves to attack the fat lesbian feminist, as if she represents the entirety of feminism. That stereotype certainly doesn't describe any of the strong, intelligent, and independent women I've known in my lifetime.

In fact the first woman I ever knew who I'd classify as a feminist was my aunt, who was a jack of all trades and master of many, having come of age during the depression. She wore slacks before it was fashionable (and was not a lesbian), drove an 18 wheeler (and repaired their engines), plowed entire fields, and raised a loving family who saw her not as a feminist, but as their extraordinarily capable mom. She not only survived hard times, but flourished, by stepping outside the limits of the artificial boundaries that defined her gender and era.

Milo is young and far too narcissistic to understand the complexities of feminism, let alone to be lecturing and scolding our country about it. He's the trendy embodiment of a portion of society who have replaced objective intellectual and philosophical debate with extremist points of view, easily reduced and communicated via inane memes.

Have you ever laughed? Ever? Asking for a friend.  :D

Jackstar

I am not, nor have I ever been associated with the far left protesters advocating violence.

This is such an oddly specific denial from a time-traveling telephone operator shill.

pyewacket

Yes, my eyes deceive me. As of yet, I also did not see any prominent, non-violent protesters disavow these anarchists or call for law enforcement to stop them or try to prevent it. The people who were maced, beaten, and sent to the hospital (eyes and throats burning from the fires and mace, pepper spray) saw the so-called "peaceful protesters" recording the attacks with their i-phones on a quest to be the first to post it on Youtube. It would have been nice if the "peaceful ones'" showed any concern or offered any assistance. I have to make one of three assumptions- 1) either they were afraid for their own safety or 2) they agreed with the actions of the ANTIFA  mob, or 3) worse, they didn't care at all.

Milo describes himself as a "professional provocator" hence the tour titled, "Dangerous Faggot". That's how he describes himself. The dangerous part of him is not that he physically attacks people who merely don't agree with him with fists or flag poles, but rather that he is willing to walk into these burning towns to discuss opposing ideas. God forbid you throw in a little humor.

What I find dangerous, is that this is taking place on college campuses which is exactly where you would go to be intellectually challenged. Ground zero for hearing different/opposing ideas thrown around - not rocks, generators, or molotov cocktails.

I admire your aunt for her grit, strength, and resourcefulness. The women in my family did much the same as did others in the farm country. They didn't think twice about putting on a pair of overalls and didn't have the luxury of worrying about what other people might think or to consider themselves special in any way. My girls must take after them because they all chose male dominated fields and would never call themselves feminists.

So if Milo is too young and narcissistic to understand these issues, then how do the young violent protesters rate in your book? Are selfies, social media addictions, dressing as vaginas, holding up vulgar and provocative signs, using violence to prevent any exchange of ideas they don't like, signs of maturity and intelligence?

I find it ironic that this institution, once a gold standard for free speech, now looks the other way when a mob happens to suppress a speech which goes against what they've come to represent now. Pretty convenient to have some external organization shut it down while the administration could shrug it off and claim that it was out of their hands. Strange that there was so little security and preparation for such an event. One has to wonder if they would be this lax and forgiving if a militant "right-wing" group showed up- uninvited, but not unexpected. Somehow I think they would have spent some of their 600+ million in grant money to insure the safety and security of their students and campus- lest they'd be accused of not creating the proper "home environment" safe space. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.     

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pyewacket on February 06, 2017, 12:22:57 PM
Yes, my eyes deceive me. As of yet, I also did not see any prominent, non-violent protesters disavow these anarchists or call for law enforcement to stop them or try to prevent it. The people who were maced, beaten, and sent to the hospital (eyes and throats burning from the fires and mace, pepper spray) saw the so-called "peaceful protesters" recording the attacks with their i-phones on a quest to be the first to post it on Youtube. It would have been nice if the "peaceful ones'" showed any concern or offered any assistance. I have to make one of three assumptions- 1) either they were afraid for their own safety or 2) they agreed with the actions of the ANTIFA  mob, or 3) worse, they didn't care at all.

Milo describes himself as a "professional provocator" hence the tour titled, "Dangerous Faggot". That's how he describes himself. The dangerous part of him is not that he physically attacks people who merely don't agree with him with fists or flag poles, but rather that he is willing to walk into these burning towns to discuss opposing ideas. God forbid you throw in a little humor.

What I find dangerous, is that this is taking place on college campuses which is exactly where you would go to be intellectually challenged. Ground zero for hearing different/opposing ideas thrown around - not rocks, generators, or molotov cocktails.

I admire your aunt for her grit, strength, and resourcefulness. The women in my family did much the same as did others in the farm country. They didn't think twice about putting on a pair of overalls and didn't have the luxury of worrying about what other people might think or to consider themselves special in any way. My girls must take after them because they all chose male dominated fields and would never call themselves feminists.

So if Milo is too young and narcissistic to understand these issues, then how do the young violent protesters rate in your book? Are selfies, social media addictions, dressing as vaginas, holding up vulgar and provocative signs, using violence to prevent any exchange of ideas they don't like, signs of maturity and intelligence?

I find it ironic that this institution, once a gold standard for free speech, now looks the other way when a mob happens to suppress a speech which goes against what they've come to represent now. Pretty convenient to have some external organization shut it down while the administration could shrug it off and claim that it was out of their hands. Strange that there was so little security and preparation for such an event. One has to wonder if they would be this lax and forgiving if a militant "right-wing" group showed up- uninvited, but not unexpected. Somehow I think they would have spent some of their 600+ million in grant money to insure the safety and security of their students and campus- lest they'd be accused of not creating the proper "home environment" safe space. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.