• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on May 06, 2019, 07:06:02 AM
Did WC have a younger trophy wife? Is she dating yet?

She a catch. That's for sure. Her family owns the bank where they were allowing WhiteCrow to work as a mustached people greeter. He was "in banking." He always enjoyed being able to tell people that.

Yes, he'll be missed by somebody. I could be wrong.

The whole thing is just so tragic.

Roswells, Art

These are the mushrooms I was talking about on the gabcast. They are really fucking expensive but they keep me from feeling like shit and I haven't gotten a cold or flu since I started taking them a little more than a year ago so it's worth it to me.

https://hostdefense.com/products/stamets-7-capsules

It's really expensive on Stamet's website but cheaper on Amazon.

Now that I know I'll be taking it for the rest of my life I'll buy it in quantity (4 bottles at a time) from his website for about  $50 a bottle.

If you try it and don't feel better after one week it probably won't help you so if you are considering it you'll know with one bottle.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2019, 07:44:36 PM
These are the mushrooms I was talking about on the gabcast. They are really fucking expensive but they keep me from feeling like shit and I haven't gotten a cold or flu since I started taking them a little more than a year ago so it's worth it to me.

https://hostdefense.com/products/stamets-7-capsules

It's really expensive on Stamet's website but cheaper on Amazon.

Now that I know I'll be taking it for the rest of my life I'll buy it in quantity (4 bottles at a time) from his website for about  $50 a bottle.

If you try it and don't feel better after a week, max two then it probably won't help you so if you are considering it you'll know with one bottle.

When I saw "gluten free" on the bottle, I was sold.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on May 06, 2019, 07:48:32 PM

They put gluten-free on floor cleaners these days

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2019, 07:51:52 PM
They put gluten-free on floor cleaners these days
No "High Fructose Corn Syrup" in Mr.Clean!  ;) Though I did notice that the pretzels Southwest serves in lieu of peanuts now has a warning label about "manufactured ina facility that handles nuts and peanuts." So SWA gets rid of peanuts due to pressure from the allergy lobby but still serves something that, possibly, could cause a reaction in those with peanut allergies.  :o   I bring my own peanuts and eat them as a silent protest.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2019, 07:55:43 PM
No "High Fructose Corn Syrup" in Mr.Clean!  ;) Though I did notice that the pretzels Southwest serves in lieu of peanuts now has a warning label about "manufactured ina facility that handles nuts and peanuts." So SWA gets rid of peanuts due to pressure from the allergy lobby but still serves something that, possibly, could cause a reaction in those with peanut allergies.  :o   I bring my own peanuts and eat them as a silent protest.
Wow, it's been even longer than I thought since I last flew SWA.  When I think SWA, I think peanuts.  I didn't know they dropped them.

Roswells, Art

You're a rebel. Do you pop them into your mouth like popcorn while watching someone dieing from a peanut allergy?

Those people should have died off long ago. Them and the lactose intolerant.

K_Dubb

I was disappointed to see the stores in Norway are full of glutenfrie, too, including the absurd glutenfrie hveteboller (literally wheat balls, the name for the national cardamom-spiced sweet roll).  Our people are as empty-headed as the rest of humanity.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2019, 08:07:55 PM
I was disappointed to see the stores in Norway are full of glutenfrie, too, including the absurd glutenfrie hveteboller (literally wheat balls, the name for the national cardamom-spiced sweet roll).  Our people are as empty-headed as the rest of humanity.
Just got a batch of stuff from relative back from a trip there.  Did you recently visit? Apparently she had great weather which was a bit surprising this early. Brought me back a bunch of candy. Though, these days I guess, one can Amazon the stuff also.

1) lots of the candy, including salmiak stuff, contains "Stevia" and is made in Slovakia. Though the Ivar F. Andresen (opera star I learned from SV) salt licorice candy is made in Dresden, maybe from the melted asphalt etc post bombings? Ok, too far for a joke.
2) the chocolate is made in Switzerland and Freia has been bought up by some international conglomerate. Still tastes good though. Firkløver still awesome!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2019, 08:20:50 PM
Just got a batch of stuff from relative back from a trip there.  Did you recently visit? Apparently she had great weather which was a bit surprising this early. Brought me back a bunch of candy. Though, these days I guess, one can Amazon the stuff also.

1) lots of the candy, including salmiak stuff, contains "Stevia" and is made in Slovakia. Though the Ivar F. Andresen (opera star I learned from SV) salt licorice candy is made in Dresden, maybe from the melted asphalt etc post bombings? Ok, too far for a joke.
2) the chocolate is made in Switzerland and Freia has been bought up by some international conglomerate. Still tastes good though. Firkløver still awesome!

No it was a couple years ago.  I go for the Freia Kong Haakon assortment -- the rum-raisin ones that look like seashells and the punsj ones are all mine.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on May 06, 2019, 07:48:32 PM

Just get the cheap two week amount. If it doesn't work than you didn't waste that much money but if you feel better then...You Are Welcome for making you feel better!

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2019, 08:27:01 PM
No it was a couple years ago.  I go for the Freia Kong Haakon assortment -- the rum-raisin ones that look like seashells and the punsj ones are all mine.
No GMOs they say in Kong Haakon. Haha. This world is nuts. I need to visit again though looking at the pictures and now they have this cut-rate Norwegian Air that flies pretty cheap there.
ps: my dad always used to "joke" about "King Kong." A lame joke. Kong=King in translation so you get the gist of the lame joke/comment that, somehow, he found amusing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2019, 08:33:46 PM
No GMOs they say in Kong Haakon. Haha. This world is nuts. I need to visit again though looking at the pictures and now they have this cut-rate Norwegian Air that flies pretty cheap there.
ps: my dad always used to "joke" about "King Kong." A lame joke. Kong=King in translation so you get the gist of the lame joke/comment that, somehow, he found amusing.

Haha yeah it's super easy now since they changed the airport to Torp, right by my mom's home town, instead of Fornebu, which means everybody else has to take the train instead of me.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2019, 08:37:57 PM
Haha yeah it's super easy now since they changed the airport to Torp, right by my mom's home town, instead of Fornebu, which means everybody else has to take the train instead of me.
Ha, I got a story about Torp. Friggin RyanAir false advertising thinking you are flying into Oslo but really into Sandefjord. Ok, a fine place. But for a while there was serious false advertising in RyanAir bookings all over Europe. Especially if you are trying to get to a wedding or something important.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2019, 08:44:18 PM
Ha, I got a story about Torp. Friggin RyanAir false advertising thinking you are flying into Oslo but really into Sandefjord. Ok, a fine place. But for a while there was serious false advertising in RyanAir bookings all over Europe. Especially if you are trying to get to a wedding or something important.

Oh yeah that would suck.  But, wealthiest, fastest-growing city in Norway.  Sure didn't look that way when Grandpa left hahaha.  Whaling was going downhill fast.

I'm more pissed that they changed the coat of arms right after Mom knit me a hat with the old one with the big dead whale on top.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2019, 08:27:01 PM

Can I just say...those empty boxes are expensive. I have wanted to make chocolates and give them away, the boxes are pretty pricey. I really should get into selling chocolates...or boxes...one of the two.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2019, 09:26:47 PM
Oh yeah that would suck.  But, wealthiest, fastest-growing city in Norway.  Sure didn't look that way when Grandpa left hahaha.  Whaling was going downhill fast.

I'm more pissed that they changed the coat of arms right after Mom knit me a hat with the old one with the big dead whale on top.

They both have an appeal. I wish I could find/buy an old shirt I wore as a little kid that had a Viking Ship and simple, though profound, words "Sardine Power," that someone got for me. Awesome statement. I still wear, often to metal concerts, my more recent (but still vintage now, sigh) "Viking World Tour" fake shirt. But, mainly, because I don't have many black shirts so an emergency go-to before at last minute, get up and get going to Megadeth etc. I also got the various Lutefisk, Uffda,  shirts but, aside from a certain situation, somewhat lame.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2019, 09:51:18 PM
They both have an appeal. I wish I could find/buy an old shirt I wore as a little kid that had a Viking Ship and simple, though profound, words "Sardine Power," that someone got for me. Awesome statement. I still wear, often to metal concerts, my more recent (but still vintage now, sigh) "Viking World Tour" fake shirt. But, mainly, because I don't have many black shirts so an emergency go-to before at last minute, get up and get going to Megadeth etc. I also got the various Lutefisk, Uffda,  shirts but, aside from a certain situation, somewhat lame.

Oh just have it printed!  It's easy and cheap.  I had a "thou shalt not muzzle the ox as he is treading out the corn" one made I used to wear to work to piss off my boss but almost nobody got it.  They fade fast since they are not silk-screened so you have to wash them carefully, but if you really want it, that's the way to go.

I want to get a "Snoose Junction" one made up like the one they used to sell around Ballard (alternative spelling of snus) with a big red and blue viking ship on it; thanks for reminding me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2019, 08:07:43 PM
You're a rebel. Do you pop them into your mouth like popcorn while watching someone dieing from a peanut allergy?

Those people should have died off long ago. Them and the lactose intolerant.

I believe I'm becoming lactose intolerant as I age.  Can someone tell me if this is normal?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2019, 08:27:05 PM
Just get the cheap two week amount. If it doesn't work than you didn't waste that much money but if you feel better then...You Are Welcome for making you feel better!

You seem appreciably legit, so I'll give this a try.  Anything to stop this discharge.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:01:32 AM
I believe I'm becoming lactose intolerant as I age.  Can someone tell me if this is normal?

It’s not abnormal. We’re one of the only species that continues drinking milk after nursing. There’s the lactase enzyme or you can just get lactose free milk.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 07, 2019, 12:04:35 AM
It’s not abnormal. We’re one of the only species that continues drinking milk after nursing. There’s the lactase enzyme or you can just get lactose free milk.

One thing is for sure... I'm not touching that soy shit.  I want to keep my benis.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:01:32 AM

I'm fine with lactose. Don't you eat a Moroccan diet? I imagine that would be pretty healthy. I think they are big on garbanzo beans and spices.

Do I have my countries wrong?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 07, 2019, 12:25:57 AM
Tell that to China. Though I've not seen a Chinese penis they seem to be the next superpower.

That's because all of that soy has made their men subservient to oppressive government power.  They have no spirit.  You can build quite the economic powerhouse when 700 million men all shut the fuck up and do what they're told.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 07, 2019, 12:24:53 AM
I'm fine with lactose. Don't you eat a Moroccan diet? I imagine that would be pretty healthy. I think they are big on garbanzo beans and spices.

Do I have my countries wrong?

My wife's cuisine has been corrupted by unhealthy Western influences.  I'd put the inclusion of cheese at the top of that list.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:32:42 AM
That's because all of that soy has made their men subservient to oppressive government power.  They have no spirit.  You can build quite the economic powerhouse when 700 million men all shut the fuck up and do what they're told.

So you think if they ate meat they would rise up against their government? Does their government eat meat?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:34:37 AM
My wife's cuisine has been corrupted by unhealthy Western influences.  I'd put the inclusion of cheese at the top of that list.

Pro tip: Use avocado instead of cheese.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:32:42 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 07, 2019, 12:46:07 AM
So you think if they ate meat they would rise up against their government?

Yeah, like the merrikunz did during Vietnam, y'all!

Oh, hang on, they all just trotted off like cattle to Southeast Asia to get slaughtered.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 07, 2019, 01:28:19 AM
Yeah, like the merrikunz did during Vietnam, y'all!

Oh, hang on, they all just trotted off like cattle to Southeast Asia to get slaughtered.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make but you failed spectacularly.