• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Congratulations on the new affiliate in Canadia(sic)! Just in time for the comeback

BobGrau

Art, your best bet for a more positive BellGab experience is to visit other threads.

mikuthing01

It's time for free Art Bell 2.0! Here is the plan... Let Art Bell know you want him to release Art Bell from his non-compete in order for Art Bell to stream a show live via Art Bells website. Get #FreeArtBell2.0 trending on social media and make dank memes! This is going to be the best Art Bell comeback since the last time Art Bell came back!

mikuthing01

No one seems excited about this sadface.jpg

GET PUMPED UP LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: かけてあげるア物零一🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 22, 2017, 01:52:35 PM
No one seems excited about this sadface.jpg

GET PUMPED UP LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Well, I'm sure some part of him will be freed soon with all the Japbait you're posting.  :D

I didn't say stop.  >:(

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 22, 2017, 01:20:56 PM
Congratulations on the new affiliate in Canadia(sic)! Just in time for the comeback
Back any day now!  Wait.  We're talking Hoagie, right? Or the Easter Bunny?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2017, 01:56:50 PM
Well, I'm sure some part of him will be freed soon with all the Japbait you're posting.  :D

I didn't say stop.  >:(
Speaking of bait, all we're missing is some sushi.  I could say we're missing something else but I don't want to get suied.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 22, 2017, 08:49:21 AM
Keep BellGab weird.

Can you believe they are going to build a Leslie statue?

Blind Nathan is the current Leslie of Austin though. He is a man who pretends to be blind. Always ask people for rides to the school for blind, then hits them up for money. Dude has made BANK from tourist and college idiots.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 22, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Blind Nathan is the current Leslie of Austin though. He is a man who pretends to be blind. Always ask people for rides to the school for blind, then hitgs them up for money. Dude has made BANK from tourist and college idiots.
Austin is a trip.  That's how I'll keep it. ;)

Art, this is your life now...

Jiggle it just a little bit.

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf link=topic=30.msg10269y66#msg1026966 date=1490215520
Art, this is your life now...

LOL.  From King of the Night to The Queen of Pahrump.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 22, 2017, 03:11:11 PM
LOL.  From King of the Night to The Queen of Pahrump.

I wish I could take full credit for these two gifs, but I have to credit these to an anonymous source.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 22, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Blind Nathan is the current Leslie of Austin though. He is a man who pretends to be blind. Always ask people for rides to the school for blind, then hits them up for money. Dude has made BANK from tourist and college idiots.
He died by hitting his head when drunk I think.
I liked the older Homeless and weird people better. Too many mean or goth homeless people now, it used to be hippies, old timer winos or cowboy-types who would sing or perform for money/drinks or just weird and crazy people:
"Crazy" Carl Hickerson*, whose gig was spinning a carnation on his finger and would frequently run for mayor. The black dude Gerry Van King who would play electric bass, and was the "King of 6th Street," "John Johnson" a self-proclaimed mob-guy under witness protection who always was feuding with the City Council over his hotdog stands and would threaten them with his mob connections, and the Tranny Jennifer Gale who would regale City Council with awful renditions of "Can't Always Get What You Want" (dead frozen to death,) and of course Blaze Foley (dead in fight.) And so many guys with "theories" and schizo types who would, if you let them (I usually did) tell you their persecution, government conspiracies, and etc.

ps: we still got Alex and Ghost though for rants and "theories!" But too many yuppies, Californians, hipsters, illegals, and goth homeless. But like radio back in some of those years- it was better with ART on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevehopson/3342434421/ "Crazy Carl" spinning a carnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YCXgVdyR4

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on March 22, 2017, 03:15:19 PM
I wish I could take full credit for these two gifs, but I have to credit these to an anonymous source.
I blame this guy. Let's go after him.

zeebo

Quote from: Σ> on March 22, 2017, 07:59:41 AM
The positivity drought was not BellGab's doing, and your Facebook page would probably reflect similar sentiments if it weren't so heavily "curated."

It's gotten worse over time but as I recall there's always been a strain of discontent.  I remember back then wondering wtf why the attitude?  Then after Sirius, and MITD, I was like ... oh, now I get it, lol.  Still, I think it's all taken way too seriously by some, like they just can't take it that their idol has fallen off his pedestal or something.  In the end Art's an imperfect being like everyone else, who just happens to be a kick-ass radio host, maybe the best there ever was, and the rest imho is kind of water-under-the-bridge at this point.

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 22, 2017, 01:12:41 PM
It would be one thing if h was actually posting in a variety of threads, but he just comes to this one - for the adulation....

I think that's a fair point.  Of course this thread is going to be 'Art drama'-centric.  In the past some have suggested it would be fun if he dropped into say a paranormal or politics thread but I don't remember that happening.  The truth is, what really is there to talk about on this thread anymore, whether Art's on here or not?  There's just not much going on or to look forward to.  All the once-open doors have been slammed shut & triple-locked.  For a long time at least there was a door of possibility kept ajar to keep the suspense and speculations going.

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2017, 03:53:43 PM
He died by hitting his head when drunk I think.
I liked the older Homeless and weird people better. Too many mean or goth homeless people now, it used to be hippies, old timer winos or cowboy-types who would sing or perform for money/drinks or just weird and crazy people:
"Crazy" Carl Hickerson*, whose gig was spinning a carnation on his finger and would frequently run for mayor. The black dude Gerry Van King who would play electric bass, and was the "King of 6th Street," "John Johnson" a self-proclaimed mob-guy under witness protection who always was feuding with the City Council over his hotdog stands and would threaten them with his mob connections, and the Tranny Jennifer Gale who would regale City Council with awful renditions of "Can't Always Get What You Want" (dead frozen to death,) and of course Blaze Foley (dead in fight.) And so many guys with "theories" and schizo types who would, if you let them (I usually did) tell you their persecution, government conspiracies, and etc.

ps: we still got Alex and Ghost though for rants and "theories!" But too many yuppies, Californians, hipsters, illegals, and goth homeless. But like radio back in some of those years- it was better with ART on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevehopson/3342434421/ "Crazy Carl" spinning a carnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YCXgVdyR4

I despise Californians. Most the homeless are on K2 nowdays.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 22, 2017, 04:22:03 PM
I despise Californians. Most the homeless are on K2 nowdays.
Yep, I except a few Californians, on occasion like some of the ones here at BG.
Yep, on the second part.
http://kxan.com/2017/03/06/36-indicted-for-string-of-k2-overdoses/
"Overdoses have been a “total drain on our downtown police resources” as well as fire and EMS, explained APD organized crime commander Troy Officer." (What a great name for a cop: "Officer." "I only had a few beers Ossiffer Ossiffer.")

"he [Cmd.Officer] said. “I think we’ve done our community a disservice by calling this drug a synthetic marijuana. This is no more marijuana than if I put bleach in a martini glass and called it a cocktail. "

I say: "We have done the radio community a disservice by calling this show "Coast to Coast AM." This is Coast to Coast AM with George Norry is no more Coast to Coast AM than if I put bleach in a martini glass and called it a cocktail."

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Art Bell on March 21, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
Hi there happy people. It really amazes me how so many people can be so unhappy so much of the time. I am just living my life day by day and try and spend it as happy as I can be. Hanging out here for whatever abuse I can absorb is not part of happy (for the most part). If people were nicer I am sure I would visit more frequently, I loved the old Bell Gab. If it is simply a place to harp on everything I do or say then why not just remove it from the site? Trust me it will not hurt my feelings a bit. On the other hand, why not try being more positive and I bet the Membership would rise and people like me would visit much more. I could live with either one but this stuff is just getting boring (the biggest sin in radio)

Art

Sorry, Art.  I don't believe you've been abused herein.  I, for one, am just frustrated with your behavior going back to the Sirius days.  I do not believe you have been totally honest and forthright with your audience and should you decide to leave broadcasting and this forum forever, it's probably good for all of us.  (Btw, I'll make you a good deal on a Sirius table radio and a CCrane internet radio).  You were good, indeed great, and it's a shame we're left with the likes of  Noory and Wade. (Heather might have had a chance until you pushed to be such a Trumpkin).  I wish you the best, especially with new baby on the way.  However, I believe it's best for all if we never hear from you or of you again.  Your fired.

Morgus

Last night in the last hour with open lines on c2cam, regular caller  Cornelius (Corny) in New Orleans, LA asked Noory why he no longer gives Art Bell a shoutout in his list of names at the end of the show.
Corny wondered if Art had died!
Noory told him that Art emailed him a few years back to please stop mentioning his name, so he did so.

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 22, 2017, 01:12:41 PM
Besides, what has he ever posted that's even been worth reading?

When he coined the term "Dave-bot", that was pretty good lol.   

oy-way

Hi there happy people. It really amazes me how so many people can be so unhappy so much of the time. I am just living my life day by day and try and spend it as happy as I can be. Hanging out here for whatever abuse I can absorb is not part of happy (for the most part). If people were nicer I am sure I would visit more frequently, I loved the old Bell Gab. If it is simply a place to harp on everything I do or say then why not just remove it from the site? Trust me it will not hurt my feelings a bit. On the other hand, why not try being more positive and I bet the Membership would rise and people like me would visit much more. I could live with either one but this stuff is just getting boring (the biggest sin in radio)

Art

oy vey  oy vey     oy vey!
v          v         
e          e   
y          y

Gey Avek!  Gey Avek!    Gey Avek!
A               A
v               v
e               e
k!              k!

oy-way

Art

The Oy Way: Opposites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTa4OOfQ9Iw

Art watch the 2 minute mark

WildCard

I loved the old Bell Gab.

I loved the old C2C. Why aren't you making radio great again?

On the other hand, why not try being more positive and I bet the Membership would rise and people like me would visit much more.

We're trying. Every single radio host we like, goes away. It's like there's a curse on us or somethin

I could live with either one but this stuff is just getting boring (the biggest sin in radio)

Art

There's always going to be more noise than signal. "There's magic in the static."

Quote from: BobGrau on March 22, 2017, 01:37:08 PM
Art, your best bet for a more positive BellGab experience is to visit other threads.

If Mohamed won't go to the mountain

Any new show's you like, Art? Movies, books, music? Anything but politics. Seriously, no politics.

oy-way

Quote from: WildCard on March 22, 2017, 06:50:34 PM
I loved the old C2C. Why aren't you making radio great again?

We're trying. Every single radio host we like, goes away. It's like there's a curse on us or somethin

There's always going to be more noise than signal. "There's magic in the static."

If Mohamed won't go to the mountain

Any new show's you like, Art? Movies, books, music? Anything but politics. Seriously, no politics.

Law Bubble. Suing For Dummies: Basic Things To Know Before Suing That Jerk
http://www.lawbubble.com/2011/05/09/suing-for-dummies-basic-things-know-before-suing-that-jerk/

Art's favorite shows are People's Court and Judge Judy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXDarcQ_1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyRtf33GSE