• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: eddie dean on July 29, 2015, 03:46:37 PM
I've lurked over there & I can confirm that you did indeed admonish several posters who were intent on starting a forum flame war with BG. Casio and SR-71 were the main two who tried to rally the troups if I remember correctly. You squashed them & said some very kind and level headed things about BG. I always wanted to thank you for that. Glad I have the chance now! :)

It's too sterile over there anyway. You are amongst vaguely lovable friends here Starr!
Welome and post often! ;D
Wow, just Wow! (blushing, sniffing and wiping a tear)  You are most welcome eddie dean, and thank you for your kindness.  Did you use a different screen name there?  No, please don't post it here.  I'm just trying to remember.  That was a while back ya know.

chefist

Fun GabCast Folks! Wish I could have read the chat...

MV...more hate mail please! That stuff is gold!

eddie dean

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 04:01:53 PM
Wow, just Wow! (blushing, sniffing and wiping a tear)  You are most welcome eddie dean, and thank you for your kindness.  Did you use a different screen name there?  No, please don't post it here.  I'm just trying to remember.  That was a while back ya know.

I  never actually posted over there. 
I registered using my BG name,  when they sent me the confirmation email I never completed the process . The email ady I gave them started getting spammed a few days later. perhaps a coincidence but it was concerning so I never followed through. Long story!

onan

I have a membership there and have posted a couple times. What bothers me about that site is this, when Art was starting his show at Sirius several people stated they would be unable to listen due to finances or location. One of the prominent members over there asked me to help him listen. I started a stream, as did several forum members. Just like that, that particular member turned into a ghost.

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on July 29, 2015, 04:38:04 PM
I have a membership there and have posted a couple times. What bothers me about that site is this, when Art was starting his show at Sirius several people stated they would be unable to listen due to finances or location. One of the prominent members over there asked me to help him listen. I started a stream, as did several forum members. Just like that, that particular member turned into a ghost.
There be forum ghosts here from "The Other" lol.  Wait a minute . . . I'm one of 'em!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :o
Heh heh heh. ;D

Lilith

I'm a member "over there" too.  I signed up when I saw it was a designated, official Art Bell forum.  I don't  think I have posted even once.  Well...maybe once in the introduce yourself thread, or maybe not.  Don't remember if they have an "introduce yourself" thread or not.  lol's

eddie dean

A follow up about the other place: there is a lot to be said about the look of a forum. personally I find it rather difficult to read a forum when there's dark background and light text.  Signatures at the end of every post and a bunch of other member status crap hovering around the avatars. It really clutters the pages up.IMHO,
I've been meaning to talk about this on the show, but I always forget to bring it up.
Simple is better

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2015, 04:49:08 PM
I'm a member "over there" too.  I signed up when I saw it was a designated, official Art Bell forum.  I don't  think I have posted even once.  Well...maybe once in the introduce yourself thread, or maybe not.  Don't remember if they have an "introduce yourself" thread or not.  lol's
Yes brig, there is the New Member Information about the Forum.  You'll find it in the Info Desk section.

Lilith

Quote from: eddie dean on July 29, 2015, 04:53:28 PM
A follow up about the other place: there is a lot to be said about the look of a forum. personally I find it rather difficult to read a forum when there's dark background and light text.  Signatures at the end of every post and a bunch of other member status crap hovering around the avatars. It really clutters the pages up.IMHO,
I've been meaning to talk about this on the show, but I always forget to bring it up.
Simple is better

YEAH!!  Simple is about the WORDS, the other stuff is about the wallpaper and the furnishings.....the wallpaper and the furnishings at the other place felt a little dark to me.

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Yes brig, there is the New Member Information about the Forum.  You'll find it in the Info Desk section.

Thank You starrmtnoo1, but I think I will just stay here.  I don't need to check and see if I posted in that thread or not that much.

starrmtn001

No forum has a membership that is totally perfect or totally stinks.  Variety lives in all of them.  Over there, you'll find one of the mods, called Debi, to be knowledgeable, and very helpful to the new members learning how to navigate the place.  She is a kind person with a warm heart.  Brig, she'll be happy to help you, just ask.

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 05:02:46 PM
No forum has a membership that is totally perfect or totally stinks.  Variety lives in all of them.  Over there, you'll find one of the mods, called Debi, to be knowledgeable, and very helpful to the new members learning how to navigate the place.  She is a kind person with a warm heart.  Brig, she'll be happy to help you, just ask.

Now starrmtn001, you KNOW what a troublemaker I am....SURELY you don't want me making trouble in TWO places...lol's

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2015, 05:05:20 PM
Now starrmtn001, you KNOW what a troublemaker I am....SURELY you don't want me making trouble in TWO places...lol's
Oh brig, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this . . . . (heh heh heh).

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
Oh brig, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this . . . . (heh heh heh).

mwahahahahahaha

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2015, 05:09:15 PM
mwahahahahahaha
Oh YEAH???  Wait, never mind.  This is not adult-like behavior to be exhibiting on The GabCast Thread.

(Meet ya in the chat room LOL).

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 05:13:44 PM
Oh YEAH?????????  Wait, never mind.  This is not adult-like behavior to be exhibiting on The GabCast Thread.

(Meet ya in the chat room LOL).

Only at bellgab!  Praise MV!

chefist

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 06:11:21 PM
Yes!  :D

That is just insanity, Star...as stated before, you are one of the nicest folks on here...you almost always say hello to me in the chat!  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on July 29, 2015, 06:13:56 PM
That is just insanity, Star...as stated before, you are one of the nicest folks on here...you almost always say hello to me in the chat!  :)
Some times it's hard for me to keep up when the scrolling is smokin' fast lol! ;D

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 06:17:51 PM
Some times it's hard for me to keep up when the scrolling is smokin' fast lol! ;D

I can't listen and read at the same time, so IF I'm awake, I don't really type much, unless I hear somebody beep my name lol's

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2015, 06:26:22 PM
I can't listen and read at the same time, so IF I'm awake, I don't really type much, unless I hear somebody beep my name lol's
I may take a quick Cat nap (no, not nip, lol) before the show starts.

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 06:30:44 PM

I try to do that too.

Ms. C

Quote from: chefist on July 29, 2015, 06:13:56 PM
Chefist, I agree with you 100%; Star your kindness shines through as bright as your name!   I appreciate that you acknowledge me always in the Chat. 💜

As far as the other place and their rudeness to you and unkind remarks about our other prime-gabblings ....  pfft, it is sheer jealously on their part.  What's that old saying,  Karma is a bitch!

Jackstar

One's distinguished and impeccable taste, both in avatars and monikers, must be acknowledged.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ms. C on July 29, 2015, 06:42:26 PM
Chefist, I agree with you 100%; Star your kindness shines through as bright as your name!   I appreciate that you acknowledge me always in the Chat. 💜

As far as the other place and their rudeness to you and unkind remarks about our other prime-gabblings ....  pfft, it is sheer jealously on their part.  What's that old saying,  Karma is a bitch!
thank you so much Ms. C.  I hold no animosity toward anyone there.  Not even the one I suspect of causing the problem.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on July 29, 2015, 06:44:39 PM
One's distinguished and impeccable taste, both in avatars and monikers, must be acknowledged.

I saw what ya did there Jackstar, heh heh heh.  Good one! ;)  ;D

nbirnes

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 29, 2015, 06:30:44 PM

I do, too. Unless I have a show to do or listen to on DMDN at 10 pm leading up to Art at midnight. Then it's 7 straight hours of headphones-on radio for me.

That's Future Theater * Gabcast * Skywatchers 🌸Art Bell🌸 * Bella-Haven

Then I post the freshly pressed bella-haven-cast to the world.

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on July 29, 2015, 06:50:09 PM
I do, too. Unless I have a show to do or listen to on DMDN at 10 pm leading up to Art at midnight. Then it's 7 straight hours of headphones-on radio for me.

That's Future Theater * Gabcast * Skywatchers 🌸Art Bell🌸 * Bella-Haven

Then I post the freshly pressed bella-haven-cast to the world.
7 straight hours of wearing headphones, that's gotta be hard on your hearing.  I hope you take those puppies off during the breaks.
Nice segue by the way. ;)

DanTSX

Why is the ahuywasca flavored cookbook author trying to start drama over why RCH got the follow up spot, and between the Gabcast hosts and MV on the 7/27 show?

Getting a weird vibe from that call.  Lots of "oh tee hee" backpedaling.   Slamming RCH's show for no reason.  Maybe Gaiam is hiring?