• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20160311 - Art Bell Open Lines

Started by Showroom Dummy, March 11, 2016, 10:57:17 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Soylentblue on March 12, 2016, 08:40:25 AM
On a whim last night I tuned into MITD. I haven't done that for a few months.

There was Art Bell's voice. Was it an archived show or live? Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh? Donald Trump is very reminiscent of a young Adolf Hitler preying on bad economic times in Germany and getting support by instilling fear in his supporters which of course makes people act irrationally.

To hear Bell support Trump and I am NOT living in America I thought Art who used to NOT be political is not the same great radio host that he used to be. The same way your first girl friend looks thirty years later, that's how Art is looking now. Flawed. Outdated. An old angry man who hates the world.

A repeat of Bill Birnes and Steve Warner on Deep Talk Radio was on the next station that I flipped to and you know what? It made me realize that there are many people now who do better what Art Bell used to do in his prime in the late nineties. Howard Hughes, Steve Warner and a few offer a much more interesting, much more intelligent version of the old Coast To Coast.

Art, your ship has sailed. Stay on your compound and enjoy your family because right now you are the same as a hundred other broadcasters with nothing new to offer.

You know who REALLY loved Hitler at first? The USA and UK. Germany was in ruin after WW1. The treaty of Versailles didn't do them any good. Where did they get all that money to not only rebuild so quickly but also build an military that could threaten the whole world? It's because the aforementioned counties were funding them because they feared communism more. Hitler was even Time magazine's man of the year. There are some that suspect the direction we've been going in since the end of WW2 is very Nazi influenced and inspired. Kennedy noticed this but didn't have time to do anything about it; though he did try before they shot him.

zeebo

...Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh? Donald Trump is very reminiscent of a young Adolf Hitler preying on bad economic times in Germany and getting support by instilling fear in his supporters which of course makes people act irrationally.

I don't usually comment on politics here, but seems like it's an unavoidable topic these days, so just want to make this point.  The Dems consistently uses the same kind of rhetoric & demagoguery .. it's just that it's more like Mao or Stalin vs. Hitler.  Same tactics, just different scapegoats - with them it's the 'millionaires & billionaires', the 'corporations', the 'intolerant', the 'heartless', the 'biased cops', the 'elites', etc. that are ruining the country.  Hillary's campaign has the slogan "Fighting for Us!".  Well if there's an Us, who's the Them?  'They' are the ones to fear, to blame, to hate.  Same playbook, different targets.  But no one seems to mind it when it comes from the left.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2016, 06:19:09 PM
I don't usually comment on politics here, but seems like it's an unavoidable topic these days, so just want to make this point.  The Dems consistently uses the same kind of rhetoric & demagoguery .. it's just that it's more like Mao or Stalin vs. Hitler.  Same tactics, just different scapegoats - with them it's the 'millionaires & billionaires', the 'corporations', the 'intolerant', the 'heartless', the 'biased cops', the 'elites', etc. that are ruining the country.  Hillary's campaign has the slogan "Fighting for Us!".  Well if there's an Us, who's the Them?  'They' are the ones to fear, to blame, to hate.  Same playbook, different targets.  But no one seems to mind it when it comes from the left.

Hillary even wears those stupid looking Mao suits all the time  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2016, 06:19:09 PM
Come on, Zeeb.  It's cool to be a Commie.

Dr. MD MD

I am your leader. Do as I say. Resistance is futile.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 12, 2016, 06:27:27 PM
Come on, Zeeb.  It's cool to be a Commie.

Ha it's always comical when ruthless corporations profit from selling trendy leftist fashions.   ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2016, 06:38:53 PM
Ha it's always comical when ruthless corporations profit from selling trendy leftist fashions.   ;)
It is amusing.  It's awfully tough to make it with the chicks by wearing a Ronnie shirt.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 12, 2016, 06:31:49 PM
I am your leader. Do as I say. Resistance is futile.
How can I say no to the mother-in-law from hell.

MR. Spock

Commies are not very logical humans.

MV/Liberace!

There was Art Bell's voice. Was it an archived show or live? Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh? Donald Trump is very reminiscent of a young Adolf Hitler preying on bad economic times in Germany and getting support by instilling fear in his supporters which of course makes people act irrationally.

To hear Bell support Trump and I am NOT living in America I thought Art who used to NOT be political is not the same great radio host that he used to be. The same way your first girl friend looks thirty years later, that's how Art is looking now. Flawed. Outdated. An old angry man who hates the world.

A repeat of Bill Birnes and Steve Warner on Deep Talk Radio was on the next station that I flipped to and you know what? It made me realize that there are many people now who do better what Art Bell used to do in his prime in the late nineties. Howard Hughes, Steve Warner and a few offer a much more interesting, much more intelligent version of the old Coast To Coast.

Art, your ship has sailed. Stay on your compound and enjoy your family because right now you are the same as a hundred other broadcasters with nothing new to offer.

You don't like Donald Trump, so that means Art is no longer good at hosting a show. Got it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on March 12, 2016, 07:20:58 PM
You don't like Donald Trump, so that means Art is no longer good at hosting a show. Got it.
Huh?  ???

Lilith

Praise MV!

Lilith

Quote from: MV on March 12, 2016, 08:12:28 PM
Brig, what the hell you been up to?

Just been trying to stay out of trouble ..... waiting to hear MV on the air again  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on March 12, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
Just been trying to stay out of trouble ..... waiting to hear MV on the air again  ;D

His wife told him his girls get upset when they hear their Daddy yelling at Evelyn.

nika01

I don't share your dubious opinions. Art will always be in a class above everyone else you named simply because he created the genre. Don't even suggest Howard Hughes and Bill Birnes are equally capable. What a joke . Bill is just all right, HH is still an amateur with a big voice.

Art, you still rock, however infrequently you are OTA.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 12, 2016, 08:48:53 PM
His wife told him his girls get upset when they hear their Daddy yelling at Evelyn.

I'd settle for an MV GabCast  ;D

The General

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 12, 2016, 12:20:42 AM
I was on hold for about 20 minutes so i had plenty of time to get nervous.
Way to go, I've never been able to get thru.

boxman

Quote from: brig on March 12, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Art was more interesting , than I've heard him in years IMO.  I was very bored with the paranormal Art, and long have missed the "anything goes" Art that I knew and loved. Took me back to the days of the midnight shift with Art talking all night in the background, talking with guests and callers, about all the current stuff going on.  Bring me it back, like it was last night,  and I'll pay to TimeTravel again.   :-*
I think the biggest issue with open lines in past is that the topic has been too narrow like for example when he had the witch hotline where he made specific demands for how this so called witch should be. Then you are not going to get many interesting calls.

deltalitprof

Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh?

I can't remember whether Art actually defended Trump against the charge of making racist and hate/fear-mongering statements. But he did--inaccurately--say moveon.org was responsible for the cancellation of the Chicago rally. In truth, Trump himself cancelled and the violence followed the cancellation.

I thought that Art heard a  lot of concerns from callers that caused him to rethink a full commitment to Trump support. By the end of the broadcast he was reduced to saying he was "interested" in Trump and wishfully asserting Trump was mix of conservative and liberal tendencies and that this was why Art found him appealing.  Sadly, we really can't know what Trump's tendencies really are, since he has adopted so many.

That avatar looks great on you Michael;)

Lilith

Quote from: MV on March 12, 2016, 08:12:28 PM
Brig, what the hell you been up to?
That avatar is great...but for BellGab, it would be more perfect if the book was titled "Everyone I Don't Like is a Troll"  IMO.   8)

jazmunda

Quote from: The General on March 12, 2016, 10:47:01 PM
Way to go, I've never been able to get thru.

You need the Jaz hotline. 

It was fucking boring though.

The General

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on March 13, 2016, 08:47:40 AM
It was fucking boring though.
When I was a child, I thought the conversations grown-ups had were boring.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: The General on March 13, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
When I was a child, I thought the conversations grown-ups had were boring.

It was a bunch of people parroting stuff they heard on the news channels, presided over by Art "get off my lawn" Bell. I don't think that it's likely to be confused with fifth-century Athens.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 13, 2016, 09:13:46 AM
It was a bunch of people parroting stuff they heard on the news channels, presided over by Art "get off my lawn" Bell. I don't think that it's likely to be confused with fifth-century Athens.

^^^^^   "You, I don't like"

No worries Art..  I have your back!

https://youtu.be/61_aprVh2FQ

Dr. MD MD

And yet, rather than shut it off or change program, you listened anyway. Curious  ???

Lilith

I have your back ShredmeBashedher.  Just let me know, I'll get out my iron fist in velvet glove. 8)