• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: WOTR on April 13, 2018, 01:34:28 AM
... But there would have been people who voted for him because they appreciated his directness, his brashness.  I'm curious if you think that most of the people who were really supportive of him during the election still remain so?  Do you imagine that there could be a different Republican candidate in his place?...

I think pretty much everyone who was really supportive of him from the start still is.  If they liked him right up to the election, he's done nothing to lose their support.  They believe - as I do - that everything that's gone on has been a pack of lies pushed by a Fake News Media, a rancid Democrat Party, and dishonorable moles in Congress and the Administration.  I think a lot of people who didn't like him as a person, or the way he conducted himself as a candidate in the primaries (such as myself) are happy with A LOT of what he's done, and like him much better now.

I'll support anyone who is trying to implement policies I prefer, and criticize them when they don't.  For me it's the policy, not the person.  If a jerk-off like Donald Trump is pushing Conservative Tea Party policies, I'm going to support him in doing so.  If he is the one standing in the way of a Democrat takeover of the country, I'll support and defend him all the way.

I don't see a politician in either party that appears presidential right now.  One thing I've noticed over the years though, it's difficult to imagine any particular individual as president until they are on the job.

Quote from: WOTR on April 13, 2018, 01:46:42 AM
I agree completely.  Hell- nobody could buy a house without some form of debt.  It has it's place.  The problem is that the government has been starting to fuck with it (shocking.)  Even what sounds good is now questionable.  And if you do not keep a close eye on budgets, they can be very misleading.

The first result that google returned for what I was looking for in relation to capital spending- a category that used to be roads, bridges, infrasturcture...

"In practice, however, not all of the government’s infrastructure projects fit this bill. Of Edmonton’s $35 billion in planned core government capital spending, just 20.6 per cent is for roads and bridges...

A large share of the spendingâ€"34 per cent of the totalâ€"is for projects related to education, health care, and social services including social housing, schools and post-secondary campuses, and medical facilities. While these initiatives may be appreciated by the communities in which they are built, there’s no evidence such spending will improve economic growth. 

It ends with the words " In the upcoming provincial budget, the Notley government will likely tout the economic benefits of its debt-financed infrastructure spending. Albertans, however, should be skeptical of such claims."

There has been so much fucking with the budget lately that you can no longer believe what you hear or read.  Count me among the "skeptical" when I hear about the economic benefits of our debt (again, realizing that some debt is not the end of the world- but accruing debt for social housing and calling it "capital spending" is dumb.)

Yeah, they've been calling any type of spending an ''investment'' now.  In order to give themselves license to run deficits.

The government has grown so huge - at all levels - that I don't even believe in borrowing for true infrastructure now.  So much is spent on various infrastructure projects every year that all of it should be pay as you go.  It's no longer a great deal more in one or two years for specific projects than in other years, so there is no point in borrowing for specific infrastructure items- it just blows up the debt.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 13, 2018, 01:58:25 AM
Nothing says democracy and freedom like martial law and tanks rolling through the streets of American cities.  :D

When roaming gangs of thugs are literally attacking people in the streets for their suspected political views you're god damn right! >:(

Canadians. ::)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 13, 2018, 01:47:03 AM
I'm against doing anything against Assad in Syria.  I'd rather see the Russkies and Assad kill a bunch of ISIS fighters.  Seems simple to me.  Lindsey "Candyass" Graham can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

We should not have meddled in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, or some of the smaller Gulf States that were having troubles.  Or Syria.

Saddam, Mubarak, Khadafy, and Assad were the ones keeping the lid on those countries.  Look what happened when they were removed (or weakened in the case of Assad).  Our role should be as an example, encouraging the world's dictatorships to take steps towards democracy through diplomacy and policy (for example weapons sales), not through military intervention when our interests aren't threatened. 

Even the Taliban in Afghanistan shouldn't have been our problem.  It's pretty clear they would have handed bin Laden over sooner or later.

Having said all that, Obama pulling out of Iraq prematurely, not then going after ISIS in the early days of the vacuum he created, then not taking steps to keep Russia out of Syria, were all absolute disasters. 

The current government of Iran was and is our enemy in the region.  Thanks to Obama, they now have a continuous route to the Mediterranean and the border of Israel - from Iran; to Southern Iraq; to Syria; to Hezbollah controlled Lebanon.  And in Yemen - bordering the entrance to the Red Sea (and Suez Canal), and encircling our ally Saudi Arabia.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
Having said all that, Obama pulling out of Iraq prematurely, not then going after ISIS in the early days of the vacuum he created, then not taking steps to keep Russia out of Syria, were all absolute disasters. 

Yeah, OK...Like they weren't working together and part of the plan all along. Wow! ::) ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
The current government of Iran was and is our enemy in the region.

Help us out here. Is that Eastasia, or Eurasia?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 09, 2018, 03:59:42 PM
Syria conflict: Russia says no evidence of Douma chemical attack - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43697670

I had exact same thoughts you did, until I read the Russians claimed no attack occurred.  They've not been shy about blaming dissidents for chemical attacks in the past, so why claim no attack this time?   Sounds like they are covering for someone, and it makes no sense for that to be opposition forces.

Russia says Syrian 'chemical attack' was staged - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43747922

So now the Russians have changed their story, an attack did occur but was staged.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 13, 2018, 07:20:30 AM
So now the Russians have changed their story

Perhaps it was swamp gas, Chief.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 12, 2018, 05:31:38 PM
Wouldn't it depend on the judge?

In general, federal judges don't like bullshit wasting the Court's time. 

albrecht

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 13, 2018, 08:54:57 AM
I have to admit some of the briefs, arguments, and filings of vexatious nature can be fun to read I could see how those in the system get frustrated. My particular favorite is the "gold fringed flag" and various jurisdictional claims. (Frequent C2C guest Sean David Morton, and current Federal Prisoner, had some hilarious filings.)

By the way, you never answer. So you were against the use of Federal troops, agents, and National Guard in the Civil War, Little Rock, LA, Mississippi, Watts, DC, inside to 100 mile limit on the borders? Was  Lincoln a war criminal for suspending Habeus Corpus? How about when troops are used in disasters like hurricane aftermaths?

PaulAtreides

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 09:29:11 AM
I have to admit some of the briefs, arguments, and filings of vexatious nature can be fun to read I could see how those in the system get frustrated. My particular favorite is the "gold fringed flag" and various jurisdictional claims. (Frequent C2C guest Sean David Morton, and current Federal Prisoner, had some hilarious filings.)

By the way, you never answer. So you were against the use of Federal troops, agents, and National Guard in the Civil War, Little Rock, LA, Mississippi, Watts, DC, inside to 100 mile limit on the borders? Was  Lincoln a war criminal for suspending Habeus Corpus? How about when troops are used in disasters like hurricane aftermaths?

You are expanding the discussion beyond the immediate situation as well as giving some examples that predate the Act.  Also, in natural disasters, the troops are under control of the state governors, they are not federalized.  Learn the distinction. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 13, 2018, 08:54:57 AM

Yeah and in general they're Democrats. I have a feeling a Republican judge may feel differently about that.

Juan

Scooter Libby just frog marched Mueller’s threats out of the courthouse.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on April 13, 2018, 11:30:27 AM
Scooter Libby just frog marched Mueller’s threats out of the courthouse.

Dr. MD MD

As much as I love president Trump if he allows these neocon hawks to drag us into war again against a totally US created and funded "terrorist" force in Syria I'll be voting Democrat again. I know that's stupid but as time goes by I find myself hating establishment Republicans almost as much as I've come to hate the Dems and now I kind of want to see them punished for thinking they can steer things to what they want rather than what we the people want.

Gd5150

From the big interview with Comey and Steffanopolis.

Regarding Comeys 1st meeting with Trump:

Steffanopolis: “don’t you think the president should have been informed the dossier was written by his political opposition?”

Comey: “I didn’t refer to the dossier specifically, just intel. So no I didn’t”.

How would Comey not think sharing that info was just slightly important. Considering it was the primary evidence used to get the original FISA warrant used by Obama to spy on Trump, and it was a total sham, um yeah, that’s probably kind of important.

What a disgrace.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 13, 2018, 11:51:26 AM
From the big interview with Comey and Steffanopolis.

Regarding Comeys 1st meeting with Trump:

Steffanopolis: “don’t you think the president should have been informed the dossier was written by his political opposition?”

Comey: “I didn’t refer to the dossier specifically, just intel. So no I didn’t”.

How would Comey not think sharing that info was just slightly important. Considering it was the primary evidence used to get the original FISA warrant used by Obama to spy on Trump, and it was a total sham, um yeah, that’s probably kind of important.

What a disgrace.
THIS was the director of the FBI? 

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
As much as I love president Trump if he allows these neocon hawks to drag us into war again against a totally US created and funded "terrorist" force in Syria I'll be voting Democrat again.

Maybe you could convince your 'daddy' AJ to take a run at the Presidency ..... ?

Dr. MD MD

Now apparently president Trump is reconsidering entering the TPP.  ::)

Democratic win here we come! ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 13, 2018, 11:56:43 AM
Maybe you could convince your 'daddy' AJ to take a run at the Presidency ..... ?

Your PM:

Maybe you should STFU now. ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 09:29:11 AM
My particular favorite is the "gold fringed flag"

One time I was in court and the flag didn't have a gold Fringe I noticed this and made a big stink about it nobody there appreciated this I assure you but they acted like it didn't matter and I said oh really and laughed my ass off at them then I was back at the courthouse for a different reason a few months later and noticed that they had gone out and changed the flag to one with the Fringe.

For bonus points, ask them what B-A-R stands for. They all start to sweat and twitch, I swear to God.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on April 13, 2018, 12:02:32 PM
One time I was in court and the flag didn't have a gold Fringe I noticed this and made a big stink about it nobody there appreciated this I assure you but they acted like it didn't matter and I said oh really and laughed my ass off at them then I was back at the courthouse for a different reason a few months later and noticed that they had gone out and changed the flag to one with the Fringe.

For bonus points, ask them what B-A-R stands for. They all start to sweat and twitch, I swear to God.

British Arisocracy Reclamation?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jackstar on April 13, 2018, 12:02:32 PM
One time I was in court

I think this belongs in the 'Confessions of a public masturbator ' thread. You're in there so often they ought to give you free access to the vending machines.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 11:58:48 AM
Your PM:

Maybe you should STFU now. ::)

Our 'fuktard' Prime Minister will be heading to Peru very soon ..... he'll be dressed up like a llama.
How're you doing with your anger and homosexual issues? Realizing that you're homosexual must have been 'hard on' you.
Get well soon .....

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 13, 2018, 12:50:12 PM
Our 'fuktard' Prime Minister will be heading to Peru very soon ..... he'll be dressed up like a llama.
How're you doing with your anger and homosexual issues? Realizing that you're homosexual must have been 'hard on' you.
Get well soon .....

You're projecting again, cuck. Your responses are as weak and effeminate as your nation. ::)

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 12:52:53 PM
You're projecting again, cuck. Your responses are as weak and effeminate as your nation. ::)

Again, get well soon.