• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How do you post mp3's?

Started by Roswells, Art, May 18, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

Roswells, Art

How do I get an mp3 from my computer onto a post as an attachment? I go to 'attachments and other options', choose a file, then 'insert attachment 1' then in 'preview' it says 'attachment not uploaded'. I've uploaded it to vocaroo to see if that would work but it doesn't.

ShayP

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 18, 2018, 03:40:05 PM
How do I get an mp3 from my computer onto a post as an attachment? I go to 'attachments and other options', choose a file, then 'insert attachment 1' then in 'preview' it says 'attachment not uploaded'. I've uploaded it to vocaroo to see if that would work but it doesn't.

I used this before for mp3's.  Uploaded the mp3's, then after I edited them how I wanted, I saved them, then just attached it.  It worked each time.  I have no computer skills so I was pretty happy.  LOL!  Hope it helps you. 

* edit

I didn't give the link.  Oops.  :-[

https://mp3cut.net/

pate

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 18, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

From the Simple Machines Forum:

QuoteAllowed attachment's extensions - If Check attachment's extension is enabled, you can specify here which attachments are allowed to be written; for example: txt, doc, mp3. These three extensions would enable members to upload Text Documents, Word Documents and MP3 Audio files. You can alter this to your own requirements and remember to be careful in your choice of file extension. Some file extensions can cause a major security risk to your website's security.

I note that this particular quote is from an earlier version of SMF:  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF1.1:Attachments_and_Avatars.  While I see at the bottom of the very page from which I write that "eMCee" apparently uses:  SMF 2.0.17, which happens to be a "clickable" link.

I imagine that your particular question may be out-dated due to more recent technological developments, and therefor moot or unanswerable.  I would "fix that shit" and proffer my speculation about your earlier difficulty in uploading entirely wholesome, interesting and delicious .mp3s:  perhaps that "feature" needed to be disabled for obscure and arcane reasons known only to the "evil" eMCee?

I suspect some sort of abuse of privelidge, which I hope you and myself have never engaged in with our very personal and private communications?

If I have somehow erred in the past, I do beg your forgiveness!  I offer the only remedy I have;  my abject Apogee!

Much love,

-p