• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I Think Mish Shedlock is a Turd

Started by Gassy Man, July 09, 2011, 04:11:27 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 28, 2014, 12:31:29 PM
Well said, YumYum!  As a liberal, I appreciate your candor and honesty about conservative over-reaction to social welfare programs.  Similarly, I think that institutional welfare does rob the human spirit of grit, ambition, motivation.  I do not think that this is the goal of social welfare programs (as some conservatives have postulated, claiming it is part of a democratic scheme to keep people of color voting democratic).  However, I think conservatives are correct when they point out that genuinely institutional welfare is not a good thing for a modern society.  I suspect that a number of liberals would agree on that point though.

We are more than just our political affiliation, yes?  I lean pretty far left on many areas but a little rightward on a few, too.  It's when we have knee-jerk reactions and automatically cling to our party perspective that we can get into trouble (at least that's my view).

Growing institutional poverty and income inequality is a bigger problem in America than institutional welfare. What good is work when the earnings from it are barely able to pay for only one of the three basic needs of food, clothing, or shelter? Or if hard work isn't rewarded with higher wages the ability to move up into higher positions through on the job training?

Quote from: MV on January 24, 2012, 11:02:42 AM
i found out sunday night i'm going to be a father.  i think we'll name the baby mish shedlock vandeven.

Did you follow through, or do you have the integrity of Dave?

tos11201

Mish is pretty harmless...unless you take him seriously. His blog is all about criticizing everybody and everything related to financial folly. And he LOVES the metals and bitcoin. I get tired of reading that shit. It doesn't help me make money in the market. But anyone who will work for free and lambaste the status quo in the financial sector (an easy target) gets George's approval (and airtime).

Too bad George couldn't find someone a bit more sensational and eloquent like Hugh Hendry or Rick Santelli. But they won't work for free...