• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Worst Guest Ever!

Started by Lunger, May 29, 2009, 07:17:47 AM

Words I Like

Sometimes I'll be watching Animal Planet and I'll see a commercial for Animal Cops and I have to change the channel because I cant bring myself to even see a commercial about animals getting abused. C2C is much like that because so many guests prey on the bemused and the gullible. Its time to give cold readings in a pompous voice to mentally vagrant callers, or talk about Angels and force on them arbitrary sequences of the English alphabet. If these C2C guests were caught doing this in China it would be "off with their head"

blumuze

Most of the guests mentioned here are the most outrageous and/or idiotic, but not the worst. Their crap was at least laughable.

In my opinion, the worst guest ever was a merchant marine ship captain that was on with Art maybe 10 years ago.  I think Art hoped the guy's stories would be entertaining, but it turned out they were most boring and mundane drivel you can imagine. Art struggled for 3 hours to get a decent story out of this guy, but he just didn't have one in him. it was painful to listen to.

I may have already said this ... I forget ... but my least favorite guest was some guy, I don't even remember his name just that he had an English accent, who was droning on about the usual stuff. What makes him stand out in my head was Art's reaction. This fellow kept saying "I've been told by people that [insert outrageous claim] ..."

At one point during the show I fast blasted Art and said "Art - can you ask him who these people are who keep telling him XYZ?" To my great shock and surprise, after the next commercial break Art said something to the effect of "In the last segment you'd mentioned you'd been told XYZ and ABC - who told you that?" The guy stammered and stewed and said he was having trouble remembering, and he was jet lagged etc. - he didn't even fall back to 'confidential sources.' Art wrapped the entire interview up that hour and went to open lines, despite the fact this guest had been billed as a 3-hour special.

This really cemented Art for me. George Noory would never, ever have done that. (George Knapp might, but not George Noory.)

MV/Liberace!

wow, noorholic... great story.  i loved how art was never afraid to dump guests if they were clearly and consciously attempting to deceive him and/or the audience.  he just didn't give a shit about their feelings.  it was great.

Marc.Knight

Another top-notch Noory guest tonight.  Should be exciting.

http://www.800seeself.com/Index.html

Curtis Loew

Quote from: Marc Knight on January 03, 2010, 01:49:41 PM
Another top-notch Noory guest tonight.  Should be exciting.

http://www.800seeself.com/Index.html

Oh boy!  A psychic.     George even left a comment on his website,
"Joseph Jacobs is astounding . . .not only does he generate phone calls . . .but his compassion and insight into people is remarkable.  A proven winner . . . I have him on my show nearly once a month . . . he even gave me great advice!

Yep that's what we want George,  someone that generates phone calls.

;:)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Curtis Loew on January 03, 2010, 02:39:38 PM
"Joseph Jacobs is astounding . . .not only does he generate phone calls . . .but his compassion and insight into people is remarkable.  A proven winner . . . I have him on my show nearly once a month . . . he even gave me great advice!
that sounds more like a paid endorsement than anything objective or incidental.

TexasSteel

Quote from: mrsthursday on June 03, 2009, 05:39:00 AM
'Major' Ed Dames is just awful. He takes great exception to anyone who brings up the many errors in his bogus 'remote viewing' predictions. 

I can't decide between Alex Jones and Ed Dames.  Both or idiots.  Ed has never been correct on anything and Art and Snoory will give him a hit even though he missed his RV guess. 

exC2Cfan

Quote from: TexasSteel on January 18, 2010, 04:43:14 PM

I can't decide between Alex Jones and Ed Dames.  Both or idiots.  Ed has never been correct on anything and Art and Snoory will give him a hit even though he missed his RV guess.

Ed Dames is a phoney, but he's harmless. Alex Jones is a menace to society. His lies and delusions, even though there isn't a shred of evidence to support them, are swallowed hook line and sinker by millions of unsophisticated, uneducated people--people like our very own muddel--and the result is the screaming, hate-filled lunatics that we saw last year at congressional town halls and Fox News's Teabagger Wacko Rallies.

So just where is that superhighway they're building from Mexico to Canada? It's pretty hard to hide a superhighway. Can anyone post pictures of it?  (Of course, it's probably underground.)

I recently listened to an interview with Gordon-Michael Scallion, who claimed that the world was all going to hell in a handbasket in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Sure enough, we're all still here, for better or for worse.  Why is it that Gordon Michael, Dannion Brinkley, alien grey abductors and other sundry and various soothsayers all saw dramatic earth changes at the end of the last decade which never quite seemed to materialize? You have to admit, impending castastrophes eliminating 1/3 of the earth's population sell!

MABUSE

Quote from: Tom from Hong Kong on March 21, 2010, 02:31:06 AM
Why is it that Gordon Michael, Dannion Brinkley, alien grey abductors and other sundry and various soothsayers all saw dramatic earth changes at the end of the last decade which never quite seemed to materialize?

Because the "illuminati" want us paralyzed with terror, not dead, unless they are going to harvest our precious bodily fluids and the minerals from our corpses to create and maintain their zombie storm troopers...

I'd forgotten about Gordon Michael Scallion, mercifully.
Another top-drawer intellect with a sterling track record.

Gordon Michael Scallion
Sean David Morton
Richard C. Hoaxland
hmmmm...
Seems to be something about "three names" goin' on and THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES!
Lee Harvey Oswald
John Wayne Gacy
Henry Lee Lucas

Food for thought...

**M**

sanddollar

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on May 29, 2009, 08:11:19 AM
OMFG

I heard that lunatic on about 18 mos. ago the first time Noory had her on. This was one of the few times Noory's cluelesness and offensive questioning was absolutely perfect. She was trying to talk all serious about vampiring and was basically in the middle of a 15 minute monologue that had gone without a peep out of Noory when he suddenly, out of the blue, interrupts and says -

"Do you or your friends ever dress up like ... [sinister voice] Count Dracula? [/sinister voice]"

which kind of threw her for a loop and as she was starting to reply to say that no, this was a serious thing that they all did, Noory interrupts again -

"HA! To the phones we go ..."
Funny!  If goofy Noory interviewed Carl Sagan, he would have asked him, "How many numbers are there in a billion anyway?"

Marc.Knight

Quote from: sanddollar on March 21, 2010, 12:31:09 PM
Funny!  If goofy Noory interviewed Carl Sagan, he would have asked him, "How many numbers are there in a billion anyway?"

... and if someone had asked the Nooron "how many numbers are there in a billion" he would have characteristically responded: "A lot."

If he is really backed into a corner, he clicks on that worn out Wikipedia icon on his completely disorganized desk-top, where he is sure to get well researched, iron-clad,  primary sourced information.

Throw John Hogue, the guy who interprets the Nostradamus passages, into the mix on this thread. Like Ed "No Shame" Dames, I don't think he has been correct on a prediction yet.  Good bs artist.

sanddollar

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 21, 2010, 12:46:18 PM
... and if someone had asked the Nooron "how many numbers are there in a billion" he would have characteristically responded: "A lot."

If he is really backed into a corner, he clicks on that worn out Wikipedia icon on his completely disorganized desk-top, where he is sure to get well researched, iron-clad,  primary sourced information.
You know, I still like him (Noory), not as a radio host, perhaps as a guest, a goofy guest that could talk about light hearted subjects.  If you didn't have to listen to him all the time, he would be less offensive.  One good thing about Noory, I can take a lunch break during his show and miss nothing, absolutely nothing, whereas during Art's shows, I would time my breaks and would speed  back to the radio speaker before I missed a second.

awguy

Oh boy, there are a few. The worst regular guest is Linda Moulton Howe. It's really the way it's presented more than anything. They give her the phone and she basically talks for 20 minutes non stop. I immediately turn off the radio every time she is on.

I'm glad I'm not the only guy who thinks Christian vonLahr (the Michael Jackson guy) was horrible.

And Robert Lanza who Art had on a couple weeks ago was bad... I couldn't understand anything he was talking about. Even Art couldn't understand anything he was saying. The truly smart guests realize that they talk over the average person's head so they talk down so the average person can relate.

P.S. This is my first real post, so be nice LOL!

Faster345

That jackhole last night: Steve Quayle. I guess he's not a 'bad' guest as he is soooooo bad that he crosses the line into entertainment. But I can only listen for a few minutes and by the time he says "what I'm saying is is that" for about the 20th time I'm out. Wow, just wow.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: awguy on April 07, 2010, 07:57:58 PM
The worst regular guest is Linda Moulton Howe.
holy shit do i agree on this one.  the voice, the presentation, the whole thing.  just  atrocious.

Tricia524

Roy Spencer - discredited by actual research scientists - see "How to Cook a Graph" article May 2008  Real Climate. org

As far as the recent meteorologist, creationist,  Roy Spencer on C2C from Alabama whose research  ;:)  claims Global Warming is questionable, well,  he IS funded by ExxonMobile  >:(
ExxonMobile who make record profits while the middleclass remains unemployed; who is one of the top three big oil companies to drill in Iraq without having to bid or compete; whose spills polluting the ocean are legendary. Lovely corporation.

This is from the award winning journalist Amy Goodman and her show Democracy Now !   :)

From January 2007
"Exxon Spent $16 Million to Discredit Global Warming Science
Meanwhile, the oil giant ExxonMobil is again being accused of funneling millions of dollars towards public campaigns to discredit the science behind global warming. On Wednesday, the Union of Concerned Scientists said Exxon gave sixteen million dollars to more than forty groups over a seven-year period. The group says Exxon used the money to help create a false debate to prevent governments from curbing global warming caused by human activity."
http://www.democracynow.org/2007/1/4/headlines#12

AND earlier in April 2005, this first broke:

Report: ExxonMobil Spends Millions Funding Global Warming Skeptics
And a new investigation by Mother Jones magazine has revealed that ExxonMobil has spent at least $8 million funding a network of groups to challenge the existence of global warming. The magazine has identified 40 think tanks, media outlets and other organizations including the American Enterprise Institute, the Annapolis Center For Science-Based Public Policy, the Competitive Enterprise Institute and the Media Research Center. The report also names a list of so-called experts that have been paid to publicly question global warming. The list includes Steven Milloy who is a columnist for FoxNews.com. Two groups run out of his home have received $90,000 from Exxon Mobil. Mother Jones also reports that less than a month after President Bush took office, an Exxon-Mobil lobbyist named Randy Randol sent a memo suggesting certain climate experts from the Clinton administration should be “removed from their positions of influence” A year later the Bush administration blocked one of the scientistsâ€"Robert Watsonâ€"from his post at the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The magazine’s report comes as environmentalists are preparing to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Earth Day on Friday.
http://www.democracynow.org/2005/4/20/headlines#9
ClimateProgress, a scientific website, from May 2008 talks about Spencer.   (of course the right wing blogs deny Global Warming up and down as they drive their hummers)   As noted above, more on Spencer from the scientists (not journalists) http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2008/05/how-to-cook-a-graph-in-three-easy-lessons/

Look, I don't want Global Warming to be true - who does? -  but if it is we need to know the facts so our children won't inherit a garage dump; and yes, there will need to be uncomfortable changes;  bottom line: well,  I do not trust ExxonMobile's research anymore than I trust, well, Goldman Sach's mortgages!!  :P

Goodwill to you,

Thanks for the board!

Tricia

MV/Liberace!

faster... you're +1 from me just for that god damned avatar!  nice work.

JAL1628

Quote from: KnyeGuy on June 01, 2009, 01:43:40 AM
I had completely forgotten that bullshit Zeta talk lady!  LMAO! She is definitely high on the list of shitty guests.

Wow, great call. Forgot about 'Zeta Talk'. Do you remember when stupid Noory had the Zeta Talk lady debate a legitimate scientist? I felt bad for the guy. At least he had the dignity to bow out.

The 'Numbers Lady' also sucks. She should never compare herself to Pythagoras. Pythagoras was a smart man whereas the The Numbers Lady is an idiot. No comparison.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JAL1628 on May 19, 2010, 01:41:00 AM
The 'Numbers Lady' also sucks. She should never compare herself to Pythagoras. Pythagoras was a smart man whereas the The Numbers Lady is an idiot. No comparison.
haha, this line made me guffaw.  nice one.

krepta3000

I am obsessed with Number Systems, as a result of my love of the D'ni from the Myst games and books.  As a result, I am practically insane in my dislike of Numerology, it drives me up a wall.  I can't stand listening to the ridiculous crap from the Numbers Lady, and I am sick and tired of Snoory constantly having her on!!  There, I've posted my first rant on this forum, weee! :)
Hi everybody, nice to be here, hope we get along, and if we don't always get along, I hope we patch things up quickly, as I have a very short attention span due to ADD which may have been caused by various chemicals being fed to me all my life, thank you very much FDA!  HA!  Another rant!

KnyeGuy

Quote from: krepta3000 on May 19, 2010, 07:27:15 PM
I can't stand listening to the ridiculous crap from the Numbers Lady, and I am sick and tired of Snoory constantly having her on!!  There, I've posted my first rant on this forum, weee! :)

The numbers lady absolutely makes me cringe...What a pile of bullshit (Perfect fodder for Noory though).

I am throughly pissed that C2C has become unbearable to listen to. Noory is Unbearable and Ian is quickly catching up to him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: krepta3000 on May 19, 2010, 07:27:15 PM
I can't stand listening to the ridiculous crap from the Numbers Lady, and I am sick and tired of Snoory constantly having her on!! 
i think her continual inclusion in the guest lineup is indicative of the caliber of the c2c audience today.  grasping numerology is simple, and listening to a guest talk about it requires no critical thinking capabilities or application of scientific knowledge.  it's just total pie in the sky bilge... something a dumbed down audience like that of c2c could easily appreciate.

good to have you, krepta.

I have to agree with the numbers lady. And the psychic twins. And aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh those fake smarmy interview infomercial ads with Roseanne and Tanya Roberts for some timeshares or something.

That one show was weird where the guest was a Dr who was going to discuss psychedelics but was all tripped out and Art went to commercial and when he came back he was gone because of a "cold."

Any psychic makes me roll my eyes into the back of my head (...I think there's gold back there)

The various Billy Meier reps over the years (although they're so schlocky that sometimes they're hilarious)

John Hogue, ever since he was on Penn and Teller's Bullshit, I can't take him seriously.

RCH and Ed Dames, both obvious, both immediately make me reach for my radio dial.

I don't mind LMH that much but her interviews she plays over the phone drives me crazy.

The whole college of new-agey type con artists that Nooron seems enamored with.

I've never heard The Numbers Lady before luckily.

puddintame

Seems to me that almost all of you have good taste.  I agree with almost all of your choices as WORST!

I will never ever listen to Alex Jones - The World's All Time @$$hole  YUCK!
Richard C. has driven me crazy for at least 15 years-- What a pompous donkey!
Ed Dames is a complete joker - Did the US Govt. actually PAY him?
I could cheerfully shoot Whitley Streiber when he uses his sepulcher voice - what a phony!
Linda Moulton Howe - well, here where I disagree with many of you. I think she really does her homework and has good reports.  I just don't like that she READS most of her reports to us.
Glynis McNumbers should be first on my hate list, but there is so little room at the top.
Luckily Red Elk isn't on often enuf to send me to the asylum.

Oh dear, so many creeps, so little time!